What's new

How many scientologists in Australia?

clearcat

Patron with Honors
Really interesting information FTS. Now, I know for a fact that there are there are at most, 123 $cns in SA. I have removed myself! So there are 2507 $cns in Oz. If my rusty maths is correct - 1 in approximately every 10,000, at most is a $cn cultie. No wonder its not newsworthy, or the government can't be bothered. $cn is next to NOTHING in Oz!!!!! HaHaHaHaHa.

I wonder whether DM ever looks at official statistics - no, he probably thinks is an SP plot to make the church look small.

If the same ratio pertains in the US, then there are about 20,000 culties there. A bit pathetic for the world's fastest growing religion!

Good!

Well, some of them are suffering cancer, some are SP-declared, it is pathetic and the numbers have never been right in my opinion - compared to reality that is...

Feral

Rogue male
The US census shows 55000 scios in that country.

I extrapolated from the census I could easily find that there was about 100,000 world wide. That includes kids (as parents nominate their religions ) as well as freezoners.

That figure for Aus, 2508 is a national census figure. The church claims 250,000 according to Virginia Stewart who stated that on National TV.

Lucretia

Patron with Honors
Just seems if you divide everything they claim by 100, then you're pretty close to the truth. That includes results from the tech!

ACT

Having 10 years experience with ACT org - some of those years the best in its history - I assure you there isn't anywhere near 50 Scios there.

25 would be generous - including staff.

The church's advertised figure worldwide is 8000,0000. Contrary facts abound.

Uhhh... There is one factor we haven't considered - maybe those that make up the 8 million have already gone to Target 2.

(I hope I'm not giving Davvy ideas for the next LRH B'day event.)

Dean

Human Again

Silver Meritorious Patron
Having 10 years experience with ACT org - some of those years the best in its history - I assure you there isn't anywhere near 50 Scios there.

25 would be generous - including staff.

Dean

OMG! :omg: ACT org! :faint: That's where people from my org were sent when the CO wanted them to die!!!! :keelover: Dean, you gotta be one of the most persistant humans on the planet! :winner: I am so glad you are out and so in awe that you survived a decade in ACT org.

Sir Facer

Patron with Honors
FALSE REPORTS

This is from http://forums.enturbulation.org/7-g...nsus-data-how-many-scientologists-aust-29596/

-----------------------------

It occurred to me to check the ABS for the last Census count to see how many people had registered as Scientologist under religion. The information is available free to anyone here: 2006 Census Data : View by Topic

The Census is taken every 5 years, the next one will be in 2011. The numbers provided by the ABS are very interesting. (To check it out yourselves, you'll need Excel to open the files on the ABS Census website.)

State: Number of Scientologists:
South Australia - 124
Victoria - 626
New South Wales - 1089
ACT - 51
Queensland - 301
Northern Territory - 8
Western Australia - 284
Tasmania - 25

Total - 2508

General information about the Census: The Census of Population and Housing is the largest statistical operation undertaken by the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS). It aims to accurately measure the number of people in Australia on Census Night, their key characteristics, and the dwellings in which they live.

The scope of the Census is all people in Australia on Census Night, other than foreign diplomats and their families. Visitors to Australia are counted regardless of how long they have been in the country or how long they plan to stay. Australian residents out of the country on Census Night are not included. The Census and Statistics Act (1905) which authorises the Census also provides for the compulsory completion of the Census form.

When my son was four years old there was a mission in the org who convinced me to buy 5 booklets under my 4year old sons name to count as Number of new books sold to raw public (NBSR), he was also counted as BIS (Bodies in the shop) so of course he would be counted as a Scientologist, so I can tell you they have the stats completely wrong, for example:
ACT - 51????? what a complete joke, ACT would be lucky to have a courseroom with 1 student!!!!!!

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
from http://www.lermanet.com/howmany.htm#australian
I dont have the latest census data, thank you for posting it, I guess I need to update that page. This is what I had webbed from previous census:

Comparing the 1996 and 2001 Australian Census:

Females Males Total
Aboriginal
Traditional --------------------2480----------2744----------5224
Agnosticism ----------------- 7354---------10213--------17567
Atheism ---------------------- 9219----------15245-------24464
No religion ---------------1314735------1542569----2857304
Paganism ---------------------6612-----------4020-------10632
Rastafarianism ----------------167 ------------899--------1066
Satanism------------------------383------------1415--------1798
Theosophy----------------------965-------------662---------1627
Wiccan/Witchcraft-----------6621----------- 2134---------8755
$cientology-------------------- 866------------1166---------2032

In the last census In 1996, $cientology had 1488 professed members, which was 0.01% of the population five years later, they have 2032 professed members, which is 0.01% of
the population.

-----------

and do you guys from down under think there actually are 500 more in the last census or have they ordained some sheep, and their pets, as VMs?

Feral

Rogue male
No sheep Arnie (well.....) the last census showed the 2508 figure. Wow it's growing!

From 1996 to 2006 they have added more than 1000 members from those figures.

Let's wait and see the next results......

When my son was four years old there was a mission in the org who convinced me to buy 5 booklets under my 4year old sons name to count as Number of new books sold to raw public (NBSR), he was also counted as BIS (Bodies in the shop) so of course he would be counted as a Scientologist, so I can tell you they have the stats completely wrong, for example:
ACT - 51????? what a complete joke, ACT would be lucky to have a courseroom with 1 student!!!!!!

Now now Sir Facer, Dont be getting ahead of yourself there. From my knowledge ACT no longer even has a course supervisor let alone a student!! From what I can figure since the departure of the higher IQed staff in January the current ED is now left to hold pretty much all posts including suping. Oh and now that my family and I have gone that makes 5 less scios also minus the ED and the Sup leaves a total of 44 scios for ACT. Oops forgot to mention 2 public that had said they were scios on the census have also since 'retired' from said cult so make that 42.

And to think poor ol' ACT was always the loser org. I would have to say at this point she's looking like a real winner!!:buzzin:

GO ACT GO!!!!