What's new

I am done

FinallyFree

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hi,

I was in Scientology for 42 years. Off OT7 now and out. Way out.

I want to thank Jeff Hawkins for writing up his experiences. His doing so really corroborated some things that I was initially told about uplines' viciousness.

I figure if I can come out after so many years in, anybody can. I was mostly a public person, only on staff for a total of 13 months.

I never would have believed my not being a Scientologist at this stage of my life. Circumstances within my family woke me up.

I'm so embarrassed about not knowing about the human rights abuses, or ignoring them, which is worse.

I'm not a free-zoner, either.

I am DONE.

It is a difficult move to make - congratulations on being strong enough to take back control of your thoughts, decisions and mind in whole. I was second generation - so I know what you mean about not imagining not being a scientologist. OT's leaving are a very curious thing for me. I always wonder what OT's went through and what their thoughts are, their experiences. Thank you for posting here. I never made it to Clear or OT and OT III was a big point of interest for me. Then I got to read about it for *free* on-line.

Do you mind if I ask? - What was your response after reading the whole Xenu incident? Did you have a difficult time working/wrapping your mind around that?

Rae

Patron with Honors
Hi,

I want to thank Jeff Hawkins for writing up his experiences. His doing so really corroborated some things that I was initially told about uplines' viciousness.

I figure if I can come out after so many years in, anybody can. I was mostly a public person, only on staff for a total of 13 months.

I never would have believed my not being a Scientologist at this stage of my life. Circumstances within my family woke me up.

I'm so embarrassed about not knowing about the human rights abuses, or ignoring them, which is worse.

I am DONE.

Welcome 42!!! You're in the right company for sure! I got out a year ago..OTVlll and am also DONE. One of the first things I read was Jeff's blog too. After that, I knew for sure that I'd had enough.

Don't be embarrassed, although I totally know what you mean and what you are going thru. It takes time to heal...there's much to read, much to sort out..and you'll go thru a whole range of emotions, probably over and over. You're starting a new life..it's a blank canvas and you can paint whatever you want on it! The lack of agendas, hidden motives, always having the purpose of "getting others up the bridge" and "clearing the planet" from your life will probably at first come as a shock to your system, but it does ease up and you will find your niche in life. We've all been thru it.

For me, it's come down to now working as hard as I can to help others see what's really going on and getting them out. There's many different points of view on the boards...so take your time and you may find that your own point of view will change a few times. It's all ok.

Whatever I can do to help...don't hesitate to PM me.

Love,
Rae

GreyWolf

Gold Meritorious Patron
Congrats on leaving. Welcome to this safe place. I hope you find peace and home here.

Love

Bob

OldTimingMan

Patron with Honors
Welcome Welcome

You aren't the only one around here who was in for many moons, so grab a bagel and feel at home. For me, I got "up" a ways on Ron's rickety bridge and estimated that I was not "interpreting" the descriptions of the states of being correctly.

When I read things like cause over Life, and Mest, I would get visions of Supermen. Down the road I realized there is deception happening, Depending how you interpret such statements, even pushing a pencil across a table could constitute such. The culture of Scientology reinforces "over-expectation" of should-be gains when they are not busy pushing outright exaggerations.

Thats the Con.. get ya to want the carrot, then make it dear

after awhile disillusionment sets in.. and bingo you become liberated.. Must say Anon, and old guard (exes and non-scentologists) helped me face facts and finally get off the dime and get out.

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
Congratulations, 42. I'm always heartened by someone mustering the integrity to do what they know they should and get out of there. However, I'm concerned for you and many like you.

Many people, especially after being involved so long have a bit of a problem getting fully free of the mind games.

I could be wrong, but I suspect you can expect a bit of a decompression period. The good news is this board is one excellent source of support in sorting that crap out.

I hope you do good. Don't settle for anything but full liberty from that evil trap.

Minuet #1 in G

Patron with Honors
Welcome 42, me, a 30 year in youngster also was on 7.

And a note concerning the aussie vs american vernacular, when I stopped auditing on 7 and went and had my first beer for 8 years... well it only took one to be pissed, (a little) so there he could still be an aussie...

And a story for you:

http://minueting.weebly.com

Cheers
Min

justaguy

Patron Meritorious
Hi,

I am DONE.

:happydance:

I, for one, am totally glad to know you're out. And don't worry about knowing. The human rights abuses were actively hidden from you. Half the point of, say, anonymous being outside the Orgs is so that the members themselves learn of the human rights abuses. The other half is so the public does.

Like my momma always says, the past is past. Time to worry about today :D

:welcome2:

:happydance:

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
I hope we aren't overwhelming "42years" with this inundation of welcoming.

Hurry! We are waiting with great anticipation for your first horror story!

Last edited:

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
42 might have been contacted by the Church and told to shut up, threatened his family or something.

They've been known to do that.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
I just wanna know why I should read Alonzo's blog. I'm so bloggled up already I need to increase my bloggledness?

It's a constant hypnotic command that I put out on to the Internet.

It's like scanning for SPs when you are a Scientologist - you do it all the time.

And when you are not doing it, you feel guilty about it.

Now, what was that command again?

Winston Smith

Flunked Scientology
A hearty welcome 42! There are hundreds of good people on this site, and we hope to make you feel better with time. Enjoy your life now.

lambear

Patron
Glad to hear you're out 42! I, too, wasted time--22 yrs. and only got to OT IV.
So happy to hear that you "saw the light" and took action so that you can actually enjoy the rest of your life!! Lots of love going your way!

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Glad to hear you're out 42! I, too, wasted time--22 yrs. and only got to OT IV.
So happy to hear that you "saw the light" and took action so that you can actually enjoy the rest of your life!! Lots of love going your way!

Welcome to ESMB, Iambear!!