What's new

I am done

yeah, 42 is pissed off

thank you, all, from the bottom of my heart. i do indeed feel very welcome.

i'd love to tell you my "story," which is really not all that interesting, especially when compared with some of yours, particularly while you were on staff and in the s.o. all i can say is it's very different and "imaginative."

but i am VERY recently out and things seem to change daily but are beginning to settle down. an LRH quote does not immediately put me into a rage; now a few seconds elapse. know what I mean?

however, just another pissed-off area of mine is lack of free speech. was particularly bothered by this while in scientology and still am constrained when out because of concern regarding a couple of family members. when these situations settle out, i won't give a damn about any anonymity or what happened.

thanks for your encouragement.

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
thank you, all, from the bottom of my heart. i do indeed feel very welcome.

i'd love to tell you my "story," which is really not all that interesting, especially when compared with some of yours, particularly while you were on staff and in the s.o. all i can say is it's very different and "imaginative."

but i am VERY recently out and things seem to change daily but are beginning to settle down. an LRH quote does not immediately put me into a rage; now a few seconds elapse. know what I mean?

however, just another pissed-off area of mine is lack of free speech. was particularly bothered by this while in scientology and still am constrained when out because of concern regarding a couple of family members. when these situations settle out, i won't give a damn about any anonymity or what happened.

thanks for your encouragement.

Your reticence is totally understood, as is your anger.:yes:

After my thirty years wrongly incarcerated, I too was extremely angry at what had happened to me but most of all at myself for agreeing to it all.:omg:

It takes a while and, believe me, times's one thing you NOW have plenty of.

Relax and enjoy the changes.:happydance:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Originally by 42yearsin&pissed

Snipped ....

an LRH quote does not immediately put me into a rage; now a few seconds elapse. know what I mean?

:lol:

Yep ... most of us know what you mean.

Fully understood.
Some of us here are in a similar situation.

Enjoy your wins, they creep up on you ...

:)

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
A Message to 42

Your arrival here has really affected me more than I expected.

I was in for 16 years and got out 9 years ago. I've seen a lot of people get out of Scientology in that time. And I've had all that time to think about what was done to me, and what I did.

Without knowing you at all, I asked myself if there might be one datum that I could communicate to you to help you start your process toward freedom from Scientology, based on what I went through in getting out of Scientology myself.

It is this:

Hubbard lied about responsibility.

What I have discovered is that many factors combine to make up any situation, not just one.

In order to take responsibility for something, you must look at and assess ALL the factors in a situation, not just your own.

When you look at ALL THE EFFORTs that were expended to KEEP YOU FROM LOOKING at the human rights abuses, for example, within the Church of Scientology, you will find that it was not ALL your fault.

You had a LOT of help.

And for every seeming personal failure you can find, you will find many factors coming at you from the environment Scn creates which were intentionally placed there for you to deal with. All of the situational factors from Scientology are designed to keep you from seeing what was really going on, and to keep you from doing anything effective about it.

You were never meant to see the human rights abuses. In fact, every time you did, you were coerced into doing nothing effective about it.

I'm not saying that you are a "victim".

I am saying that in order to take responsibility for what happened, you must look at ALL the factors involved in keeping you in Scientology for 42 years.

Not just your own.

That is the route to freedom from Scientology.

Last edited:

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron

I was in for 16 years and got out 9 years ago. I've seen a lot of people get out of Scientology in that time. And I've had all that time to think about what was done to me, and what I did.

Without knowing you at all, I asked myself if there might be one datum that I could communicate to you to help you start your process toward freedom from Scientology, based on what I went through in getting out of Scientology myself.

It is this:

What I have discovered is that many factors combine to make up any situation, not just one, as Hubbard told you.

In order to take responsibility for something, you must look at and assess ALL the factors in a situation, not just your own, as Hubbard wanted you to.

When you look at ALL the EFFORT that was expended to KEEP you from looking at the human rights abuses, for example, within the Church of Scientology, you will find that it was not ALL your fault.

You had a LOT of help.

And for every seeming personal failure, you will find factors in the artificial Scientology environment that were intentionally placed there that you were trying to handle - all designed to keep you from seeing what was really going on.

You were never meant to see the human rights abuses. In fact, every time you did, you were coerced into doing nothing effective about it.

I am saying that in order to take responsibility for what happened, you must look at ALL the factors involved in keeping you in Scientology for 42 years.

Not just your own.

^^^^:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Oh yes ya can.

No ya can't.

You have to use data of comparable magnitude to things OUTSIDE of Scientology to understand Scientology.

For instance, you have to compare other "human rights" organizations with CCHR to understand CCHR. When you compare organizations like Amnesty International, the Red Cross, and Human Rights Watch to CCHR, only then can you really understand CCHR.

The process is: If you are trying to understand any part of Scientology, find a non-Scientology counter-part and compare its pieces.

You will become enlightened.

Alan

Gold Meritorious Patron
No ya can't.

You have to use data of comparable magnitude to things OUTSIDE of Scientology to understand Scientology.

For instance, you have to compare other "human rights" organizations with CCHR to understand CCHR. When you compare organizations like Amnesty International, the Red Cross, and Human Rights Watch to CCHR, only then can you really understand CCHR.

The process is: If you are trying to understand any part of Scientology, find a non-Scientology counter-part and compare its pieces.

Geezus Alanzo - you do both methods - how else do you get a wholeness or perfect duplicate?

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Geezus Alanzo - you do both methods - how else do you get a wholeness or perfect duplicate?

What "both methods" are you talking about?

Because I can also add my personal Number 3:

Auditing, whether Freezone Scn or any other hypnotherapuetic technique in the "Independent Field", is not the way to freedom from Scientology.

Last edited:

Wisened One

Crusader
I've been out for five years now, and I STILL get angry over it all sometimes! :angry:

Please....take your time....read and reflect. For me, it was layers....

Telepathetic

Gold Meritorious Patron

It is this:

What I have discovered is that many factors combine to make up any situation, not just one.

In order to take responsibility for something, you must look at and assess ALL the factors in a situation, not just your own.

When you look at ALL the EFFORT that was expended to KEEP you from looking at the human rights abuses, for example, within the Church of Scientology, you will find that it was not ALL your fault.

You had a LOT of help.

And for every seeming personal failure, you will find factors in the artificial Scientology environment that were intentionally placed there that you were trying to handle - all designed to keep you from seeing what was really going on.

Not just your own.

This one datum of yours has helped me out incredibly.I can not thank you enough. I use it all the time with others.

I know you know that you are wise but I'll repeat it here anyway...you ARE a wise man Alanzo:D :D :thumbsup:

TP

knn

Patron Meritorious
No ya can't.

But using "data of comparable magnitude" _IS_ already Scientology.

I would say that a Muslim (using the Koran) can understand Islam and a Scientologist using Scientology can understand Scientology. But the understanding will be incomplete if one doesn't include external data (e.g. historical events at that time or criticism or personal accounts of involved persons).

Feral

Rogue male
No ya can't.

KNN is correct here Alanzo, you are using Scientology to understand scientology. 'Datum of comparable magnitude is neccessary to the evaluation of data' (NOT verbatim) is a scientology axiom.

You may have been more hypnotized than you previously thought!:coolwink:

Carmel

Crusader
<snip>

<snip>
As has been pointed out, the "process" to which you refer, can be found in scn.

Because most didn't find it, see it or use it, doesn't negate the fact that it is there among the tenets of scn.

Family bickering aside...

42, Don't let this noisy gaggle intimidate you! They all mostly mean well! Feel free to take your time and read around the board, and tell us as much of your story as you feel comfortable doing, or don't, whatever works for you. These eager readers just love a good story, that's all!

Just know that we're here for you, and we care about you, and we're SO GLAD that you're out, and free! Now is your time to go on and have a great life! :happydance: You can also Personal Message and talk with people individually, if that seems easier. Do whatever works for you. :)