What's new

Memorials Thread/RIP :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allow me to add:

Alan Albert, by suicide, when his wife, Jerrye, of decades left him because he left the church.

Sally Chaleff, cancer, and Sea Org mindset. Scientology took her from top model to wasted in a short time.

Bob Ross

Mike Leube, an odd dude, put up the money for a center in Menlo Park, CA. Survived a falling chimney in an LA earthquake. - in fact slept through the whole thing on Joey Allesandrini's couch, with the fireplace collapsed next to his head. Suicide after being in the SO.

Rod Selmier

Ted

Gold Meritorious Patron
Allow me to add:

Alan Albert, by suicide, when his wife, Jerrye, of decades left him because he left the church.

Sally Chaleff, cancer, and Sea Org mindset. Scientology took her from top model to wasted in a short time.

Bob Ross

Mike Leube, an odd dude, put up the money for a center in Menlo Park, CA. Survived a falling chimney in an LA earthquake. - in fact slept through the whole thing on Joey Allesandrini's couch, with the fireplace collapsed next to his head. Suicide after being in the SO.

Rod Selmier

I kinda wonder how many have died of the slow, less noticeable suicide of just giving up.

Kutta

Silver Meritorious Patron
Just a wee comment: We have a number of nationalities posted as Amir Geuron's: Mexican, Middle Eastern/Lebanese, and Mick's quite definite Israeli. When I knew him at SHUK late 70s, I thought he was Italian! But when I think about it now "Amir" sounds definitely an Arabic (not Jewish) name, but Geuron certainly doesn't. And he did have an Israeli, not Arabic persona imo. He was married to Antoinette who I have read somewhere is still an auditor in LA. They seemed very much in love. I'm sure she is a lost soul without him.

skollie

Just a wee comment: We have a number of nationalities posted as Amir Geuron's: Mexican, Middle Eastern/Lebanese, and Mick's quite definite Israeli. When I knew him at SHUK late 70s, I thought he was Italian! But when I think about it now "Amir" sounds definitely an Arabic (not Jewish) name, but Geuron certainly doesn't. And he did have an Israeli, not Arabic persona imo. He was married to Antoinette who I have read somewhere is still an auditor in LA. They seemed very much in love. I'm sure she is a lost soul without him.

He was married to Antonia.

Kutta

Oh, sorry i got her name wrong. She was (probably still is) some lady and very British. I've also learned since my earlier post that Amir is in fact a Hebrew name.

Fancy

Patron Meritorious
Sherman F. Craig - Passed Feb 5, 2010 - Massive Stroke he had a DNR. Mercy Hospital, Buffalo, NY USA.

Church put him in great debt. When he was in the assisted living they took all his funds on account and sent him the BASICS with out permission.

He had many strokes so the last one was the one that did him in.

Barb

The Great Zorg

Gold Meritorious Patron
More...

Both were from the 80's and both were from Ontario, Canada....

Cindy Scott English ~ Former E/O; Cancer: auditing "helped" (yeah, sure it did! Grrr!!!!)

Brad Pinch ~ Former Mission ED; Suicide: disconnection and freeloader debt

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Sherman F. Craig - Passed Feb 5, 2010 - Massive Stroke he had a DNR. Mercy Hospital, Buffalo, NY USA.

Church put him in great debt. When he was in the assisted living they took all his funds on account and sent him the BASICS with out permission.

He had many strokes so the last one was the one that did him in.

Barb

Hi Fancy,

So sad to read this:bigcry:

I see that Mr. Craig was over 80 years old...... do you know how long he was a scientologist? It mades me so mad to know that Scientologists acted like vultures to a vulnerable older adult!!

Was his daughter Barbara a scientologist? I see that the Barbara Craig I knew of from NY Org has left scientology! Are they related?
http://www.ftc.gov/os/comments/iphearings/540872-00001.htm

' Mary McConnell '

skollie

Henry Rodriguez has died. (from WWP)

Henry Rodriguez, Chiropractor, passed away suddenly on eve of 2 Nov '09. Henry leaves his wife, Maria Felix Rodriguez (Power FSM, CC Int), and their daughter Marisol Powell, and grandson, Christopher. Henry was known for his humor, his caring and gentle manner, and his willingness to go to people's homes--day or night--to help. His Memorial Service will be this Sunday, 8 November 2009, at 10:30 a.m., within CC Int's Pavillion.

While the family regroups with their resources, anyone who'd like to like to donate to help offset expenses, are welcome. Accepting on their behalf are Marie Warren (323-******, [email protected]), and Christine Huber-Meyer (323-*******, [email protected]). Please contact for any questions/help. As well, one may send any personal commications and help directly to: Maria Felix Rodriguez or Marisol Powell, 15007 Burbank Blvd, #113, Van Nuys CA 91411.

Thank you.
Lv, Rie

Petey C

Colin Gow died? My god, he was so young. (Sorry, I know this is a reply long after you posted it, but I'm still newish. Does anyone know how or why?

skollie

Panda wrote about Colin's death here:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=143007&postcount=6

I'd like to bring to your attention the hidden death of ANZO SO member Colin Gow.
Some details remain sketchy but here's what I know;
Colin was a wonderful character, a Chinese-Australian, who served the SO and CofS faithfully for over 15 years.
He was very well known and loved in Sydney.
He died some time ago after a horrendous battle with cancer of the jaw. He was in his 30s, I believe, and prior to the cancer would have been considered to be in the prime of his life.
Colin was posted away from Sydney to South Africa to assist with the Bridge flow to the AO. Whilst in SA he had dental problems, undoubtedly the result of inadequate dental care over the preceding 15 years of SO service. A molar became infected but he was unable to get funds or approval for proper treatment. He soldiered on regardless of the constant pain and continued to produce on post.
Time passed, his molar rotted, the abscess and infection worsened... it became cancer of the jaw.
I met him again near the end of his life after many years of not seeing him, we had always been good friends in happier days. He either couldn't or didn't want to talk about it. We held hands, I hugged him, we both cried.
He was shunted away from all lines and placed in a hospice to die, he ended his days there.
I went to talk to another friend who had been helping him with the dressing of his cancerous facial wounds, she was in tears too.
We were both crying over the same thing, the senseless waste of a brilliant young man's life for the want of $200 in dental treatment!
Colin's Chinese family were understandably outraged at the mistreatment their beloved son had received after giving half of his life in service to the CofS. I agree with their rancor completely.
I don't recall any mention of his death, funeral, or the circumstances leading up to his death ever being made public until now. (I may be wrong about this).
I know one thing with absolute certainty; as far as the SO is concerned, he's not coming back!
Rest in Peace, Colin.

Judy Rosenbaum

Fogfreetimes2 said: "Megalomaniac-Paul was also our supe for many years, died from heart problems.
Judy-injured her leg, went untreated by proper medical, result was a blood clot or perhaps a stroke, either way, the result was from lack of proper care, I believe SNR C/S was comm ev'd over this.
Mark-yes he devoted all his life to the COS. Had a medical issue which resulted in amputation of his legs, returned to staff in a wheelchair but was offloaded, wheelchaired staff was considered out PR.
Some of these details were given to me by someone else. If anyone knows different details, please let me know."

I have known Judy for a long time. I worked with her at Delphi and SNC. She always wanted to audit and I had some awesome sessions with her! She always had very high ARC and made it very safe to be in session with her. My heart goes out to her family.

I know that Judy did in fact get medical attention, there is more to this story. Understandable if the SNR/CS got comm eved, I always respected her and she truly seemed to care about staff and public.

Paul was the Div 2 reg when he died of a heart attack.

Mark did have medical problems and amputations resulting from long term smoking. He was warned about the seriousness of the problem but would not quit. He did come back to post for a while but I believe that he chose to end his staff position and was allowed to do so.

Boojuum

?Ruth Discher and Don Currier

Was Ruth Discher married to Paul Discher?

Don Currier was ED in Boston in '76 or '77. Compelling guy who was comm ev'd and declared. I heard he ran a haberdashery for a while and apparently got back in. He was one of only a handful of OT's in Boston at the time and always appeared capable. He was electrifying. Anyone know more of his story and what happened to his wife Betty?

Fancy

Patron Meritorious
Sadie Craig died in about 2002. She was diabetic, went blind and lost her kidney's. She tried to handle stuff naturally but she was convinced to do the treatments which gave her more years of life to see a great grandchild.

She was smarter than her daughter she figured out the church well before she did. She used to watch TV and found about Lisa. McPerson.

She lived in dialysis for 5 years till it no longer worked, she got MRSA and then medical system refused her medical insurance. Shipped her to hospital that did not know her history and she did not get treatment till it was late. She died in her sleep. I guess that is the best way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.