What's new

More Cracking Down

FinallyFree

Gold Meritorious Patron
I wanted to make you all aware of the latest attempt of the "church" to buckle down on exactly who the sheep - err... ummm I mean 'parishioners' of the "church" of scientology can and can not talk to.

They are going after FaceBook and the following is the latest message being sent out:

Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2010 10:25 AM
To: TheRazzLine
Subject: more data on friends
Hi! I’ve been getting more than my usual amount of “friend requests” on Facebook from people I don’t know. I appreciate someone wanting to be friends and I enjoy having comm. lines universally. However, I have that already with TheRazzline AND I know that they’re geminately pro survival toward my church.
Just because someone has quotes from our churches founder on their home page or that they are pro Dianetics, does not mean they are pro survival toward our church. I had one such person who has quotes on their page but are not pro survival toward our church but belong to the group that is destructive toward my church.
On another note I know some Facebook members don’t check their FB very often and that’s fine. However to stay aware of what gets put on your home page or news feed by friends or messages you might get, you can set it up to receive messages forwarded to your regular email so you can stay on top of it, if you don’t already have this. It’s another way to be responsible for comm. lines.
Thanks again to all of you who are responding to this quest for keeping our lines clean on FB!
ML,
Jenna

I was forwarded this from Marty's site:

Lucy // May 12, 2010 at 1:53 pm | Reply
To give everyone a little background on what Jenna is talking about “the razz line”. In the 90′s Jenna ….. (can’t remember her last name) put together a group email chain that she was the moderator of. You could ask to get on the group email system and then she would forward anything from that people sent to her to forward out to the group. It was anything from looking for an apartment, to promoting yourself, to political viewpoints, etc.. it was just a free flowing style of communications that anyone could be a part of. then Jenna decided she wanted to join the SO and turned over the comm line to Ray McKay who formed took it and formalized what they called the “Razzline”. It to was the same setup, you could send him an email and then he would forward it to the group email list. It became a very popular email group. I am sure the number of emails subscribers were in the hundreds, because somedays there were a lot of emails being fowarded by the razz line. Not sure why it came up on anyone’s radar at pac base from WISE. But ray was told that it was off policy what he was doing. He was using scientology comm lines to further people’s personal agenda. It got really weird, and whoever was accusing him of soliciting scientologists to personal gain. What was totally missed was that we personally found out about the email chain not from being on course, it was just a free flowing comm line that people with similar viewpoints and ARC shared. It would be like forming a mom’s group and setting up an email chat system. It was utterly ridiculous what was happening. So the upshot is that Ray had to form an official “the razzline” website like a message board that people could post to, but it was highly sensored and the comm line became weird. We opted out after the whole comm line blew apart, however Ray and Jenna I am sure are still paranoid about everything because it was a major flap for them. I also think this happened to theta exchange, and other type of internet groups that were popping up that scientologists could share. Just more of the same type of suppression and cut comm lines.

Guess who sent these to me? My MOM, that's right! My Mom forwarded both of these to me. (oh man, tears!). I just went up there recently and told her what I have been up to lately. She was a little surprised, but very impressed. My Dad, well he said "Looks like the whole family is getting declared!" and then laughed and laughed.

You guys - my Mom said: There is NOTHING in this world that could make me disconnect from my daughter. Nothing.

I wanted to share this good news with you all as well.

Ackerland

Patron with Honors
Good for you!

So I assume you kept your activity here secret from your parents until now?
Also: does the cult know who you are? :D

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
It became a very popular email group. I am sure the number of emails subscribers were in the hundreds, because somedays there were a lot of emails being fowarded by the razz line. Not sure why it came up on anyone’s radar at pac base from WISE. But ray was told that it was off policy what he was doing. He was using scientology comm lines to further people’s personal agenda. It got really weird, and whoever was accusing him of soliciting scientologists to personal gain. What was totally missed was that we personally found out about the email chain not from being on course, it was just a free flowing comm line that people with similar viewpoints and ARC shared. It would be like forming a mom’s group and setting up an email chat system. It was utterly ridiculous what was happening.

Things were a bit more open in the 80's. You had a publication "Who What Where?" that was available in Clearwater, and also I think in LA, where Scns could put their info and business ads. It was sort of a yellow-pages for Scns.

Then WISE decided they wanted it, so that ended that.

The bottom line is that the SO wants to be able to monitor and control all comm between Scns, so that no unauthorized thoughts are allowed to spread through the group.

ULRC/S

Patron with Honors
The bottom line is that the SO wants to be able to monitor and control all comm between Scns, so that no unauthorized thoughts are allowed to spread through the group.

Not just comm, they want to be able to put their hands on all monies that circulate through the (CoS) group as well.

Happy I'm out, now for 29 years.

Regards, Allen

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Your Ron is a Jealous Ron; thou shalt have no other Comm Beside Him.

Why, if Scientologists could talk to *each other*, instead of via the 'Church', just imagine what might happen!!!

Zinj

Telepathetic

Gold Meritorious Patron
I wanted to make you all aware of the latest attempt of the "church" to buckle down on exactly who the sheep - err... ummm I mean 'parishioners' of the "church" of scientology can and can not talk to.

They are going after FaceBook and the following is the latest message being sent out:

Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2010 10:25 AM
To: TheRazzLine
Subject: more data on friends
Hi! I’ve been getting more than my usual amount of “friend requests” on Facebook from people I don’t know. I appreciate someone wanting to be friends and I enjoy having comm. lines universally. However, I have that already with TheRazzline AND I know that they’re geminately pro survival toward my church.
Just because someone has quotes from our churches founder on their home page or that they are pro Dianetics, does not mean they are pro survival toward our church. I had one such person who has quotes on their page but are not pro survival toward our church but belong to the group that is destructive toward my church.
On another note I know some Facebook members don’t check their FB very often and that’s fine. However to stay aware of what gets put on your home page or news feed by friends or messages you might get, you can set it up to receive messages forwarded to your regular email so you can stay on top of it, if you don’t already have this. It’s another way to be responsible for comm. lines.
Thanks again to all of you who are responding to this quest for keeping our lines clean on FB!
ML,
Jenna

I was forwarded this from Marty's site:

Lucy // May 12, 2010 at 1:53 pm | Reply
To give everyone a little background on what Jenna is talking about “the razz line”. In the 90′s Jenna ….. (can’t remember her last name) put together a group email chain that she was the moderator of. You could ask to get on the group email system and then she would forward anything from that people sent to her to forward out to the group. It was anything from looking for an apartment, to promoting yourself, to political viewpoints, etc.. it was just a free flowing style of communications that anyone could be a part of. then Jenna decided she wanted to join the SO and turned over the comm line to Ray McKay who formed took it and formalized what they called the “Razzline”. It to was the same setup, you could send him an email and then he would forward it to the group email list. It became a very popular email group. I am sure the number of emails subscribers were in the hundreds, because somedays there were a lot of emails being fowarded by the razz line. Not sure why it came up on anyone’s radar at pac base from WISE. But ray was told that it was off policy what he was doing. He was using scientology comm lines to further people’s personal agenda. It got really weird, and whoever was accusing him of soliciting scientologists to personal gain. What was totally missed was that we personally found out about the email chain not from being on course, it was just a free flowing comm line that people with similar viewpoints and ARC shared. It would be like forming a mom’s group and setting up an email chat system. It was utterly ridiculous what was happening. So the upshot is that Ray had to form an official “the razzline” website like a message board that people could post to, but it was highly sensored and the comm line became weird. We opted out after the whole comm line blew apart, however Ray and Jenna I am sure are still paranoid about everything because it was a major flap for them. I also think this happened to theta exchange, and other type of internet groups that were popping up that scientologists could share. Just more of the same type of suppression and cut comm lines.

Guess who sent these to me? My MOM, that's right! My Mom forwarded both of these to me. (oh man, tears!). I just went up there recently and told her what I have been up to lately. She was a little surprised, but very impressed. My Dad, well he said "Looks like the whole family is getting declared!" and then laughed and laughed.

You guys - my Mom said: There is NOTHING in this world that could make me disconnect from my daughter. Nothing.

Great news!!!! I am so happy for you...really happy:)

TP

HappyGirl

Gold Meritorious Patron
Finally Free, that is great news!! :happydance:

Things were a bit more open in the 80's. You had a publication "Who What Where?" that was available in Clearwater, and also I think in LA, where Scns could put their info and business ads. It was sort of a yellow-pages for Scns.

:omg: There's no more who what where?!?!? B-but how do Scns know what accountants to hire and where to bring their car???

Challenge

Silver Meritorious Patron

W.I.S.E. decided that the "Who, What, Where" booklet was off-policy.
Of course, it was also "out-tech'. The title should have read " Where, What, Who".
bwahahaaha

Challenge

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Finally Free, that is great news!! :happydance:

:omg: There's no more who what where?!?!? B-but how do Scns know what accountants to hire and where to bring their car???

Well, you just go into the org and ask the reg (who knows everybody). Then stay there for an hour or two as she extracts whatever money you were thinking of using for whatever non-Scn item you were foolishly thinking of buying.

The "liability" (from mgmt's viewpoint) of "Who What Where" was that it gave contact info on a whole bunch of Scientologists. This could be used by Scns to contact people who were kicked out to find out the real story, and by people who were "out" to construct a mailing list to people who were "in".

lurkanon

Patron with Honors

This is spectacularly good news!!!!! Very, very happy for you, and that is a Mom who can set an example to many others! :happydance:

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
It is worrying that the term 'pro-survival' is used here. The use of 'survival' reminds me of 'survivalist,' which makes me thing of very desperate people engaging in desperate measures against some apocalyptic event.

This is not a good sign.

Feral

Rogue male
W.I.S.E. decided that the "Who, What, Where" booklet was off-policy.
Of course, it was also "out-tech'. The title should have read " Where, What, Who".
bwahahaaha

Challenge

You can always spot a person who's been subjected to too much NOTS technology!:D

Challenge

Silver Meritorious Patron
You can always spot a person who's been subjected to too much NOTS technology!:D

Especially when that person is completely open about it.
I think that NOTs should be written about openly. It seems to me disgraceful to keep the OT3/NOTs phenom a secret. People have a right to know WTF they are buying.
In my opinion, the reason that FZ wants to keep discussions of BT/Cls off their boards is because the large majority of FZ auditors are not trained on it, and do not know how to handle it if/when it comes up with one of their PCs.
In fact, the vast majority of FZ auditors have not done the level themselves and are scared that it WILL come up, and they will be restimulated and not know how to handle it.
As I say, my opinion, and one of the reasons that I am not in the FZ.

Challenge

Terril park

Sponsor
Especially when that person is completely open about it.
I think that NOTs should be written about openly. It seems to me disgraceful to keep the OT3/NOTs phenom a secret. People have a right to know WTF they are buying.
In my opinion, the reason that FZ wants to keep discussions of BT/Cls off their boards is because the large majority of FZ auditors are not trained on it, and do not know how to handle it if/when it comes up with one of their PCs.
In fact, the vast majority of FZ auditors have not done the level themselves and are scared that it WILL come up, and they will be restimulated and not know how to handle it.

Challenge

The first destruction of a freezone forum I was involved with was about this. Mea culpa for stating the same view along with Nick Warren who also posts here. We were all for open discussion on this, and were the spark of a collapse.

I was told by a well trained auditor that premature exposure to upper levels might cause problems. That was new data to me. I subsequently discovered that it was true in a minority of cases.

Thus my own and most FZ discussion on upper levels is
only on separate FZ forums. Of course here and the internet at wide I'm,
and FZers, are pissing into the wind. :)

Its true that most FZ auditors can't handle such matters. But some can.
As has always been.

They are not scared. They mostly follow standard tech on this issue.

I believe this is a good area for a PH.d thesis. Does the gains of openly posting upper level data outweigh the problems of doing so?

Here is a "Challenge" and an invitation.

You happy to handle those who have been restimmed by upper level data?

I know lots of auditors. My choice in this area would be you.

What do you say :)

posted with love :)
bb

If it's any consolation the only people who are barred from such knowledge are "scientologists in good standing". For them their continuing ignorance is wholly voluntary. :)

Challenge

Interesting perspective. I admit to not being "fully trained", yet in the experience I've had with handling such phenomena in sessions, I find them to be among the simplest things to handle. :)

With "nots type phenomena" if a pc is capable of describing what he's experiencing in the course of the session it is a relatively simple matter to clean up just using basics & 2WC. I haven't found a need for extravagant approaches.

Far more difficult to handle is a withholdy pc. That can take a lot of real work opening up comm, especially when what you are actually trying to address is an highly charged but separate issue which may lie "too close to the bone" on the withhold. :duh:

It never ceases to amuse me how the things that are REALLY problematic are rarely the things that are VIEWED as being problematic. But then, if a person knew what the problem was it most likely wouldn't still be a problem. :coolwink:

Mark A. Baker

thetanic

Gold Meritorious Patron
It never ceases to amuse me how the things that are REALLY problematic are rarely the things that are VIEWED as being problematic. But then, if a person knew what the problem was it most likely wouldn't still be a problem. :coolwink:

This explains my time in quite well.

I was always off handling that thing over there and in denial about the problem that was frequently quite literally in front of me.