What's new

Marty Rathbun "framed for murder of brother"

rhansrider

Patron with Honors
This was just posted on Marty's site, claiming DM is trying to fair game him by accusing him of murdering his brother.

"I have been interviewed by a detective John Maciel of the Garden Grove Police Department. Det Maciel informed me that a private investigator working at your direction and you personally ran an operation to have the good detective re-open the 29-year old case regarding the murder of my dear brother Bruce. It was done using the most sleazy type of innuendo and outright known falsehood in order to mislead Det Maciel that I should be considered a suspect"

The Great Zorg

Gold Meritorious Patron
Come on....

This was just posted on Marty's site, claiming DM is trying to fair game him by accusing him of murdering his brother.

"I have been interviewed by a detective John Maciel of the Garden Grove Police Department. Det Maciel informed me that a private investigator working at your direction and you personally ran an operation to have the good detective re-open the 29-year old case regarding the murder of my dear brother Bruce. It was done using the most sleazy type of innuendo and outright known falsehood in order to mislead Det Maciel that I should be considered a suspect"

DOX or LINKS please. :grouch:

Apologies to Marty

I wrote this this morning before reading the above dirty trick. It makes what I have said even more fitting.

Re Marty Rathbun – I have recently discovered that I have forwarded incorrect information regarding Marty. It came from a person in RTC at the time, whom I trusted. I have since discovered there were other falsehoods this person gave to me.
I trusted this person, but in doing that I have seen Marty through this false filter and have spread hearsay – that wasn’t even close to true. Hearsay is not allowed in a trial due to this very problem. I am going to work at only relaying, especially to press and media outlets, only
Those things that I personally saw, read, over heard or directly heard it from the person.

I owe Marty this public apology for forwarding something regarding him that was completely not true.

I have seen several posts in which people “question” Marty’s real purpose or agenda. I have to tell you I could care less if he has one or not. And if he did have one, it would not be something that he should be sharing. I have worked 5 years behind the doors of the Intelligence of Scientology. Marty for much longer – as well as legal. I
Doubt many of you truly understand the risk he has taken by Standing up. The risk to not only himself, but also to those he loves. Many people in similar situations did not. I have no judgments on those who did not, but I do have tremendous respect for both of the MR’s for coming forward. I do know that they care about ending the physical and emotional abuse that has been going on in that group for some time. And continues thru to today. Which is the same agenda I have, and have been working on for years. So what if he doesn’t have clean hands, he readily admits that, I don’t have clean hands either. There were many apologies I had to make. When you are in the environment that exists up in those areas of the organization it is woven into the very fabric of daily life. What I do care about is that he has taken such risk, to join in the efforts I (and others) have been working on for at least 12 years, to get the physical and mental abuse to stop. We completely agree on that, and that is not going to be done overnight. For the risks he has taken, he should be commended. When the physical and mental abuse is over, we will all decide what we want to do. Maybe Marty would like to help clean up the 20 year old mess that DM has created, or maybe he will just want to go fishing. It doesn’t matter, we are not there yet, and at that time we will all have our own choices to make.
So, my apologies to Marty. Hearsay may be true, but if you don’t follow it down you really don’t know and speaking of it as if it was the truth can be damaging.

I was also given the hearsay that Marty was the “good guy” up lines. But now that I have spoken with him and he has helped me in a couple of tough situations, it is no longer hearsay for me to say Marty is one of the Good Guys. Few of you will (luckily) have any idea of what he risked and continues to risk by what he is doing. I do, with personal knowledge, not hearsay. And for that alone he will always have my respect and admiration. It doesn’t matter, this is the most important one, and I know we agree. That is what I care about. And that is what the rest of us care about. Those people who right now are suffering and trapped in many ways.
Nancy Many

The Great Zorg

Gold Meritorious Patron
(snip)Nancy Many

So, it appears that M.R. is about to fall prey to actions he himself had carried out how many times in the past? :confused2:

M.R. has taken on a huge risk by "standing up" and 'blowing', which could have awful, nasty and even unthinkable consequences to himself and his family? I wonder how many times Marty was responsible for doing this himself, to others? The exact same dire consequences? :no:

M.R. may have to 'fess up and suffer the civil and legal consequences for his actions during his stint in the clam's Gestapo? I can empathize with him on this, but he has dug his very own, very deep grave with his own hands. He will have to eventually jump into it since his only other option would be to continue to remain silent and attempt to avoid any consequences due from his actions. :confused2:

Was it not Herr Hess who stood up after Nazi Germany fell, and admitted to his part in the scheme and accepted the consequences? Kudos to him, although 50 years in jail could not have been a pleasant experience. :yes:

rhill

Patron with Honors
"John Richardson ("Richardson") of Premiere Magazine, wrote that Marty Rathbun, RTC Inspector General for Ethics, and Heber Jentzsch, CSI President, claimed I was an accomplice in the tragic murder of my father 30 years ago, attached hereto as Exhibit 52 of September 1993, page 91. This is blatantly and completely false."

From Affidavit of Hana Eltringham Whitfield (8 March 1994)

"Former Scientologist Hana Whitfield wrote a letter to PREMIERE saying that after an interview with this magazine, she'd been followed by private detectives for three months, 24 hours a day. Rathbun and Jentzsch responded by calling Whitfield a CAN operative and an accomplice to a 3-year-old murder, a charge PREMIERE could find absolutely no evidence to support. 'It's totally bogus,' says Whitfield's lawyer, her voice trembling with outrage. 'They know it's false.' "

From Catcha Rising Star

xseaorguk

Patron Meritorious
scum of all scum

when you read about what has happened to people who have spoken out and hear how they have been followed and intimidated by lawsuits and the like it really comes home to me with what Mafiosi type people you are dealing with in 'Organized $cientology'.
I find it sickening that you only ever hear about these things as a matter of fact, whereas the people who are being fair-gamed have to endure the whole thing and manage to survive it somehow.
Bob Minton said it was as though the 'Terminator' was after you.
It should be much more widely known what they are all about.
It cannot be that long away now that their whole SCAM of a 'religion' is revealed to all and it comes crumbling down as the foundations are rotten.
The orgs are empty and since the age of GOOGLE they are having a rough time convincing people of their version of the 'truth'.
We shall see how the outcome is in maybe 10 years I would say. :yes:

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
I wrote this this morning before reading the above dirty trick. It makes what I have said even more fitting.

Re Marty Rathbun – I have recently discovered that I have forwarded incorrect information regarding Marty. It came from a person in RTC at the time, whom I trusted. I have since discovered there were other falsehoods this person gave to me.
I trusted this person, but in doing that I have seen Marty through this false filter and have spread hearsay – that wasn’t even close to true. Hearsay is not allowed in a trial due to this very problem. I am going to work at only relaying, especially to press and media outlets, only
Those things that I personally saw, read, over heard or directly heard it from the person.

I owe Marty this public apology for forwarding something regarding him that was completely not true.

I have seen several posts in which people “question” Marty’s real purpose or agenda. I have to tell you I could care less if he has one or not. And if he did have one, it would not be something that he should be sharing. I have worked 5 years behind the doors of the Intelligence of Scientology. Marty for much longer – as well as legal. I
Doubt many of you truly understand the risk he has taken by Standing up. The risk to not only himself, but also to those he loves. Many people in similar situations did not. I have no judgments on those who did not, but I do have tremendous respect for both of the MR’s for coming forward. I do know that they care about ending the physical and emotional abuse that has been going on in that group for some time. And continues thru to today. Which is the same agenda I have, and have been working on for years. So what if he doesn’t have clean hands, he readily admits that, I don’t have clean hands either. There were many apologies I had to make. When you are in the environment that exists up in those areas of the organization it is woven into the very fabric of daily life. What I do care about is that he has taken such risk, to join in the efforts I (and others) have been working on for at least 12 years, to get the physical and mental abuse to stop. We completely agree on that, and that is not going to be done overnight. For the risks he has taken, he should be commended. When the physical and mental abuse is over, we will all decide what we want to do. Maybe Marty would like to help clean up the 20 year old mess that DM has created, or maybe he will just want to go fishing. It doesn’t matter, we are not there yet, and at that time we will all have our own choices to make.
So, my apologies to Marty. Hearsay may be true, but if you don’t follow it down you really don’t know and speaking of it as if it was the truth can be damaging.

I was also given the hearsay that Marty was the “good guy” up lines. But now that I have spoken with him and he has helped me in a couple of tough situations, it is no longer hearsay for me to say Marty is one of the Good Guys. Few of you will (luckily) have any idea of what he risked and continues to risk by what he is doing. I do, with personal knowledge, not hearsay. And for that alone he will always have my respect and admiration. It doesn’t matter, this is the most important one, and I know we agree. That is what I care about. And that is what the rest of us care about. Those people who right now are suffering and trapped in many ways.
Nancy Many

Nancy, as much as I respect and appreciate you and your efforts, this post is a huge mystery sandwich; so much so that it's inedible.

I'm sure it is possible to think something falsely discreditable about Marty Rathbun, but, it's also possible to consider things accurately discreditable about him and his activities. And whatever 'hearsay' you may have fallen for is at least unknown to me and not a factor in my own evaluation of Marty Rathbun's agenda. Which, you may feel is irrelevant, but isn't.

I don't know what you feel you have to apologize for, but, whatever it is, it's not enough to justify trust in Marty Rathbun or blind faith in his quite obviously less than honest agenda.

It *is* the time for Marty to put his cards on the table. All of them. That he doesn't says everything we need to know about him.

Don't let another con-man suck you in.

Zinj

rhansrider

Patron with Honors
Aren't DM and his lawyer now open to the charge of making false statements to the police? That is a crime. How about malicious slander? It seems to me Marty must have a good case for that. Question, will he sue? And if not, WHY not.

Was it not Herr Hess who stood up after Nazi Germany fell, and admitted to his part in the scheme and accepted the consequences? Kudos to him, although 50 years in jail could not have been a pleasant experience. :yes:

He had his health and was well looked after. It also afforded him ample time & resource for spiritual reflection. Few in the camps would make the same claims.

Mark A. Baker

Zinjifar

Aren't DM and his lawyer now open to the charge of making false statements to the police? That is a crime. How about malicious slander? It seems to me Marty must have a good case for that. Question, will he sue? And if not, WHY not.

for one thing, they would use 'cut outs', including Abelson himself, but he'd have his own 'cut outs'.

2nd, Marty just *confessed* to conspiracy to lie to the police and accessory to that, before, during and after the fact. As recently as 2000.

And, his charges against Elliot Abelson are tantamount to extortion, since he chooses to *threaten* Abelson with revealing his crimes unless Elliot complies with his demands.

Zinj

Bullwinkle

Patron with Honors
SNIPPERS...
his charges against Elliot Abelson are tantamount to extortion, since he chooses to *threaten* Abelson with revealing his crimes unless Elliot complies with his demands.

Zinj

I am struck by this as well. First he says it's not a threat to do something since he's already told the detective about Abelson and Miscavige, but then he offers a quid pro quo about prosecuting those criminal acts. How is this not an attempt at extortion? So many contradictions!

Zinjifar

I am struck by this as well. First he says it's not a threat to do something since he's already told the detective about Abelson and Miscavige, but then he offers a quid pro quo about prosecuting those criminal acts. How is this not an attempt at extortion? So many contradictions!

Right. Reporting a crime is a public duty. *Threatening* to report a crime without a quid pro quo is extortion/blackmail.

Zinj

Somehow and in someway. I think they are all in cahoots.

Maybe not in tactical agreement, but in strategy.

That is, they (DM, Marty, et al.) want to keep making their little moves while keeping the whole game in tack.

And that game is the institution of the Church of Scientology and the technology of Scientology, and all its manipulation, intimidation, and contempt for people.

This is not a fight to free the slaves; it is a competition to be the slave driver.

A pox on all their houses and all their supporters.

The Anabaptist Jacques

Zinjifar

Somehow and in someway. I think they are all in cahoots.

Maybe not in tactical agreement, but in strategy.

That is, they (DM, Marty, et al.) want to keep making their little moves while keeping the whole game in tack.

And that game is the institution of the Church of Scientology and the technology of Scientology, and all its manipulation, intimidation, and contempt for people.

This is not a fight to free the slaves; it is a competition to be the slave driver.

A pox on all their houses and all their supporters.

The Anabaptist Jacques

I don't even think there's any competition. Instead, it seems to be a charade intended to defuse public scrutiny of the 'Church' in lieu of an 'internal house cleaning'/reform.

Neither supposed 'side' is really saying anything to hurt the other.

Very Pan-Determined.

Zinj

AnonKat

Crusader
I don't even think there's any competition. Instead, it seems to be a charade intended to defuse public scrutiny of the 'Church' in lieu of an 'internal house cleaning'/reform.

Neither supposed 'side' is really saying anything to hurt the other.

Very Pan-Determined.

Zinj

It is like poker one tends to keep ones cards close to ones chest

Zinj you tinfoilhead

tinfoil-hat.jpg