What's new

Marty Rathbun "framed for murder of brother"

The Great Zorg

Gold Meritorious Patron
Bare Faced Lies

Firstly, the "Creed" was and is PR; it's not policy of any kind (not even PR display "policy" such as the faux "Reform Code of 1968"), and appeared along with Hubbard's applying what he called the "religion angle" and starting a "Church."
Secondly, "raw meat" (novice) Scientologists quickly learn that the "Creed" does not apply to "SPs" or to "Anti-Scientologists" - who have "no rights of any kind."
I never met anyone in Scientology who took the "Creed" seriously. It was PR fluff used to impress the "Wogs" and give Scientology standing as a 'Church'.

^^^^^^^
True for me. :yes:

Oddly enough when I look back at my indoctrinated years I do seem to recall that there were two faces of scientology. The face we saw every day was all of the bullying, indoctrination, mind control and general cult reinforcement that we all knew as "standard policy and tech". Then there was the other face of the polite and pure religious verbage that we all knew was horseshit and propoganda. To even see the word "God" with a capital g was enough to cause a wince or an eyeroll; we knew how anit-God, Christian and Jewish hubbard was. Even so, we somehow rationalized all of it as being necessary to calm the 'wogs' while we got to the 'sp's' so we could 'clear the planet'. :no:

Scientology was nuts.

Scientology is nuts.

Scientology will always be nuts.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
I think Zinj was pointing out that the Cofs was going to get the bad PR no matter what - the news conferences had ALREADY been planned before Marty joined in.

Sure the CofS loves good Pr and hates bad PR but that doesn't mean that bad PR does real damage to them. What does real damage is legal. And there - the two M's have a lot of data that, at least up until now, they do not seemt o have shared with the authorities.

I am not sure that I buy into the whole "they are working in cahoots" theory, but I think they may as well be because both of them are seeking to preserve scientology with themselves in charge of it and both of them are seeking to deny they did anything wrong.

When I first advanced the 'Cahoots' theory, it was on the level of a 'Modest Proposal'. A speculation at most. Based on 'what will this be when it's finished?'

In the meantime I'll have to admit I've convinced myself. That I haven't convinced others doesn't particularly bother me.

But, ask yourself; *What* is it that Marty Rathbun is aiming at? Use some Occam's Razor. What actually *explains* his actual actions and pronouncements?

Do we think that the 'Church' or Marty are somehow bound to honesty?

Obviously not. So. Look back along the road and ask yourself, what does Marty Want?

How is that *different* than what David Miscavige wants?

According to Marty, he doesn't want to put David Miscavige in jail. That would be worthless. Because, the 'Church' and RTC are *dead*. According to Marty, he doesn't *want* to take over the 'Church' (although he allows his fans to fantasize that he's only saying that because he's so 'clever'.

Anyway, think about it. And, ask yourselves, who's financing Marty/Mike's travels and general logistics (such as living expenses.)

Marty isn't working as a 'columnist' any more is he? Is he managing this with his 'Tech Delivery'? I'm not hearing much about his professional auditor activity; only about his 'apology' auditing.

Don't believe me. I don't know anything you don't.

But, it's the only thing that *still* makes sense to me.

Zinj

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Cahoots or Not Cahoots?

But, ask yourself; *What* is it that Marty Rathbun is aiming at? Use some Occam's Razor. What actually *explains* his actual actions and pronouncements?---snipped----

Another possible explanation for Marty's odd behavior....

Because
elmer_fudd1.png

He's bewwy bewwwy cwazeee!​

Stat

Gold Meritorious Patron
"I take it seriously. By definition a Creed is senior to policy. But what hasn't been fucked over." - Terril park (post #75)

Politics of it is obviously above the Creed. Nothing surprising. Sad though.

AnonKat

Crusader
When I first advanced the 'Cahoots' theory, it was on the level of a 'Modest Proposal'. A speculation at most. Based on 'what will this be when it's finished?'

In the meantime I'll have to admit I've convinced myself. That I haven't convinced others doesn't particularly bother me.

But, ask yourself; *What* is it that Marty Rathbun is aiming at? Use some Occam's Razor. What actually *explains* his actual actions and pronouncements?

Obviously not. So. Look back along the road and ask yourself, what does Marty Want?

According to Marty, he doesn't want to put David Miscavige in jail. That would be worthless. Because, the 'Church' and RTC are *dead*. According to Marty, he doesn't *want* to take over the 'Church' (although he allows his fans to fantasize that he's only saying that because he's so 'clever'.

Anyway, think about it. And, ask yourselves, who's financing Marty/Mike's travels and general logistics (such as living expenses.)

Marty isn't working as a 'columnist' any more is he? Is he managing this with his 'Tech Delivery'? I'm not hearing much about his professional auditor activity; only about his 'apology' auditing.

Zinj

tinfoil%20hat.jpg

AnonKat

Crusader
I think Zinj was pointing out that the Cofs was going to get the bad PR no matter what - the news conferences had ALREADY been planned before Marty joined in.

Sure the CofS loves good Pr and hates bad PR but that doesn't mean that bad PR does real damage to them. What does real damage is legal. And there - the two M's have a lot of data that, at least up until now, they do not seemt o have shared with the authorities.

I am not sure that I buy into the whole "they are working in cahoots" theory, but I think they may as well be because both of them are seeking to preserve scientology with themselves in charge of it and both of them are seeking to deny they did anything wrong.

lazy-conspiracy-theorist.png

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
AnonKat -

It doesn't matter how many times you post pictures of retards with aluminum foil on their heads, Marty Rathbun is still going to be discussed in exactly the ways that posters here wish to discuss him.

I think that it is a possibility that Marty and Mike are a false flag operation, on a CMO mission whose purpose is to keep David Miscavige out of jail.

However, it is only one of many possibilities.

Since no one is really telling all, no one has enough information to conclude anything with certainty. And that situation is created on purpose by the people with the information.

I think it is a more likely possibility that he is making this shit up as he goes along, and like a sleep walker trying to wake up from a dream, he's battling dream creatures and taking the actions necessary to win as the dream changes. And we get to watch.

The key information is what Mike Rinder actually talked to Senator Nick Xenophon about on his trip to Australia.

Going to law enforcement and getting the fraud, extortion and kidnapping stopped is the only thing that really matters now.

NeverMe

Patron
This is just my personal humble opinion, okay?

I don't know Marty personally but I've kept up with the good and the bad news about him from the very beginning and I'm not convinced he's "changed" much from the guy that used to do some of the dirty work for DM. I've been reading his blog entries and his smart ass responses to people who genuinely want to know what he's talking about sometime. Especially in the beginning of his blog, he wasn't quite so diligent in deleting comments that didn't fit in with the picture he's been painting. Some of his responses are, well, just sh*tty.

And since he appears to be using his blog in an attempt to convince everyone that he's a new man, he's remorseful and that he only did the bad things he did in the name of DM, I would suggest he tone the arrogance down several notches. Just sayin'.......

I agree with what someone else said earlier. It looks like he's enjoying the sh*t out of this, setting a deadline of "sundown" on Tuesday, August 17th :melodramatic:. A man who'd moved on, an enlightened man, a savvy man would have ignored the whole murder thing "publicly" and dealt with it privately. Right??? I mean, he's just lending the accusations credibility and giving it life, in my humble opinion.

I second the PUKE motion.... Sorry to the Marty supporters but he isn't very convincing, especially with this latest "deadline challenge".

rhill

Patron with Honors

You sure are keeping yourself busy trying to dispel what I think is reasonable questioning of discrepancies.

I am still waiting an answer to how you got to know that Marty "turned an offer down to live in a spacious house". Each time you evaded answering with some glib or non-sequitur statements. I just can't find such information on his blog.

skollie

Silver Meritorious Patron
"sundown at the shack" - WTF!! Why not "high noon"?

It's Tuesday today. What time does the sun set at the shack?

You have until sundown Tuesday August the 17th to deliver to me a copy of the letter that apologizes and withdraws your false allegations from the file of Detective Maciel, and to remove the false innuendo and allegations your very sick ultimate boss has ordered be published about me.

TEoS

Patron with Honors
If you listen carefully, you can hear Marty's spurs jangling in the distance...

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)

Zinj

The income has always been of interest to me. In fact that was something I made a big deal about in some other thread quite a while ago. I was asking how Marty and Mike could afford their gallivanting off to the UK. But no-one actually had an answer to it - just some sort of vague waffle that showed that even the 'supporters' had no idea.

Not sure where they get their money from.

Occam's razor - actually that would count against you here Zinj. In order to make the Marty/DM Axis of weevils stand up one would have to multiply entities enlessly. there would have to be a plan, there would have to be case officers,there would also have to be trust. And that last part, well i don't know.

Ned Kelly

Patron
The income has always been of interest to me. In fact that was something I made a big deal about in some other thread quite a while ago. I was asking how Marty and Mike could afford their gallivanting off to the UK. But no-one actually had an answer to it - just some sort of vague waffle that showed that even the 'supporters' had no idea.

Not sure where they get their money from.

Occam's razor - actually that would count against you here Zinj. In order to make the Marty/DM Axis of weevils stand up one would have to multiply entities enlessly. there would have to be a plan, there would have to be case officers,there would also have to be trust. And that last part, well i don't know.

I have my own view on MR and the shack.

Marty by his own admission is a “warrior” and there is nothing worse than being a warrior without a battle to be won. I believe his positioning as being pro-LRH and anti-DM allows him to have his war and build some troops to help in the fight. I think the fight is the main thing for him.

If we look at it from the view of Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs we can get a little more insight into his behaviour and possible plans.

1. Physiological
2. Safety
3. Love and belonging
4. Esteem
5. Self actualisation

By setting up the Shack to be an independent Auditor and to be a leader in the “bring down DM fight” he provides a space where he can earn a living auditing people. By taking on DM and positioning himself as a potential solution to that problem, he will bring on board other anti-DM scientologists that can help spread the message. This is good PR for him and that goes back to providing a support base to service or feed to him and thereby supporting each of his needs 1-5.

To attack LRH or the Church including coming clean on his own crimes and taking responsibility for them (in a “wog” way) would threaten all of 1-5 above. So by keeping the crimes secret he is doing what he feels is necessary to take care of his own personal safety.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
I have my own view on MR and the shack.

Marty by his own admission is a “warrior” and there is nothing worse than being a warrior without a battle to be won. I believe his positioning as being pro-LRH and anti-DM allows him to have his war and build some troops to help in the fight. I think the fight is the main thing for him.

If we look at it from the view of Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs we can get a little more insight into his behaviour and possible plans.

1. Physiological
2. Safety
3. Love and belonging
4. Esteem
5. Self actualisation

By setting up the Shack to be an independent Auditor and to be a leader in the “bring down DM fight” he provides a space where he can earn a living auditing people. By taking on DM and positioning himself as a potential solution to that problem, he will bring on board other anti-DM scientologists that can help spread the message. This is good PR for him and that goes back to providing a support base to service or feed to him and thereby supporting each of his needs 1-5.

To attack LRH or the Church including coming clean on his own crimes and taking responsibility for them (in a “wog” way) would threaten all of 1-5 above. So by keeping the crimes secret he is doing what he feels is necessary to take care of his own personal safety.

Well, Ned.

Gee.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: