What's new

What Would You Do? Advice Requested

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Okay, I will try to keep this preamble, to my basic question, from getting too convoluted.

One of my supposed best friends before I left the church (and current consummate Kool-Aid drinkers), decided to act as HCO and sent out a Facebook message to all the Scientologists connected to my husband and myself. The message was to let them know that we should be disconnected from because we had resigned from the church and that I was speaking out.

One of the recipients of this message contacted me and asked me what was going on and I gave him the link to my story and told him that I didn't wish to discuss anything but that the information was all on the Internet should he choose to find out for himself.

This person then went and did all the research and found out for himself that he is appalled and now wants a refund.

He has not removed me as his friend on Facebook and many, many others have not removed themselves from my husband's Facebook account. So, she decided to be HCO again and sent out another message to let all these people know that we are officially declared and that we should be disconnected from on Facebook.

My friend (the real one) is about to spill the beans and tell my old HCO impersonating friend that he is of the same opinion as we and will be leaving the church himself.

Okay, here's the question:

Should my current friend thank my old friend for sending out the original warning about us as this is what got him looking in the first place? Is there any advantage to making her feel at all responsible? Will this help her in her thinking or further drive her in? :unsure:

I am laughing so hard at this.

You are so intelligent and so funny - and you guys are such a foundation of that group - there is absolutely no way they are going to be able to contain the social fallout from declaring Dave and Sindy Fagen "Suppressive Persons" at the Chicago org.

Truly. This is so fantastic because they are finally going to have to CONFRONT what they are doing to people.

I would just let it roll.

And simply disagree fully with enforced disconnection.

Call and talk to whoever you want, whenever you want. Tell people that you love them and that you are still their friend, even if they are pressured to not be one to you anymore. Let them know that no religion or philosophy or cult is ever going to dictate to you who you can talk to or not.

And keep going just as you are - because that is good enough to blow the Chicago Chapter of that cult out of the water all on its own.

Sindy

Crusader
A New Org Post

" Since I don't think the HAS even has a Facebook account, I'm just helping out here. "

That's right, there's a new org post: "DIR FB"

The Director of Facebook is penalized mega points in the B'day Game, each week, where it is found that a declared SP, still connected to Scientologists is:

"liking" other Scientologist's postings (very rare) - 5 points

Sharing photos where the declared SP shows love for the Scientologist - 100 points

Posting "Think for yourself" propaganda -600 points

It can be hefty penalties so one can understand their consternation.

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
Okay, I will try to keep this preamble, to my basic question, from getting too convoluted.

One of my supposed best friends before I left the church (and current consummate Kool-Aid drinkers), decided to act as HCO and sent out a Facebook message to all the Scientologists connected to my husband and myself. The message was to let them know that we should be disconnected from because we had resigned from the church and that I was speaking out.

One of the recipients of this message contacted me and asked me what was going on and I gave him the link to my story and told him that I didn't wish to discuss anything but that the information was all on the Internet should he choose to find out for himself.

This person then went and did all the research and found out for himself that he is appalled and now wants a refund.

He has not removed me as his friend on Facebook and many, many others have not removed themselves from my husband's Facebook account. So, she decided to be HCO again and sent out another message to let all these people know that we are officially declared and that we should be disconnected from on Facebook.

My friend (the real one) is about to spill the beans and tell my old HCO impersonating friend that he is of the same opinion as we and will be leaving the church himself.

Okay, here's the question:

Should my current friend thank my old friend for sending out the original warning about us as this is what got him looking in the first place? Is there any advantage to making her feel at all responsible? Will this help her in her thinking or further drive her in? :unsure:

Hi Synthia

Other than feeling a measure of revenge - my answer would be - don't bother.

However what I would do is launch a complaint about hate mail to Facebook and point out that you are being subjected to a hate campaign.

And THAT I think you should do. This sort of behavior is just not acceptable and they need to be held accountable.

Mick

Sindy

Crusader
Hi Synthia

Other than feeling a measure of revenge - my answer would be - don't bother.

However what I would do is launch a complaint about hate mail to Facebook and point out that you are being subjected to a hate campaign.

And THAT I think you should do. This sort of behavior is just not acceptable and they need to be held accountable.

Mick

Yeah, that revenge things kicks me in the ass...ya know, the injustice of it all, yada, yada, yada....

Okay, I'll check out how to report it but it wasn't sent to me so not sure how to do that...I could ask my friend to report it but not sure what he'll want to do. I'll check into how to report something where I was not the recipient.

Sindy

Crusader
I am laughing so hard at this.

You are so intelligent and so funny - and you guys are such a foundation of that group - there is absolutely no way they are going to be able to contain the social fallout from declaring Dave and Sindy Fagen "Suppressive Persons" at the Chicago org.

Truly. This is so fantastic because they are finally going to have to CONFRONT what they are doing to people.

I would just let it roll.

And simply disagree fully with enforced disconnection.

Call and talk to whoever you want, whenever you want. Tell people that you love them and that you are still their friend, even if they are pressured to not be one to you anymore. Let them know that no religion or philosophy or cult is ever going to dictate to you who you can talk to or not.

And keep going just as you are - because that is good enough to blow the Chicago Chapter of that cult out of the water all on its own.

This was so great. Thank you. I feel completely understood. :happydance:

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
"Yeah, I know what you mean. Because I have spoken out, using my real name, I am not able to stay under the radar in the way you are explaining so everyone HAS to disconnect from me. There's no murky area unless they just want to leave. Although, having said that, there are still a few who haven't disconnected. There's a difference between just dumping someone on FB and not talking to them at all. All of the people still connected to us on FB, with the exception of the one friend I referenced earlier, will not talk to us in real life I just think that they don't want to be told what to do on Facebook and get away with not removing us by having it look like some oversight. Anyway..... "

I was never under the radar. In fact I was loud, flappy, in your face and got lots of attention from the group BUT while the leaving process was going on I did contact most all my friends and let them know I was in the process of leaving the group and that I expected I would be declared for that.

PS - 'tween you and me what your wantabe HCO ( former ) friend is doing is 3P, period.

Just remember that is OK in her universe because there is no such thing as an overt against an SP.

Without a sense of humor this shit would be hard to take :)

Sindy

Crusader
I was never under the radar. In fact I was loud, flappy, in your face and got lots of attention from the group BUT while the leaving process was going on I did contact most all my friends and let them know I was in the process of leaving the group and that I expected I would be declared for that.

PS - 'tween you and me what your wantabe HCO ( former ) friend is doing is 3P, period.

Just remember that is OK in her universe because there is no such thing as an overt against an SP.

Without a sense of humor this shit would be hard to take :)

Interesting. Good for you. Yes, this would be hard to take and sometimes, it is very hard to take but I am gaining a sense of humor about it all. I'm not quite there yet, however, as I still feel like telling them all to shove it but, in the end, that's not the solution.

olska

Silver Meritorious Patron
" Since I don't think the HAS even has a Facebook account, I'm just helping out here. "

That's right, there's a new org post: "DIR FB"

The Director of Facebook is penalized mega points in the B'day Game, each week, where it is found that a declared SP, still connected to Scientologists is:

"liking" other Scientologist's postings (very rare) - 5 points

Sharing photos where the declared SP shows love for the Scientologist - 100 points

Posting "Think for yourself" propaganda -600 points

It can be hefty penalties so one can understand their consternation.

I've been away from orgs for 30+ years, have no idea how the bureacracy may have changed...

ARE YOU SERIOUS! :omg:

(please tell me this is a joke!)

Sindy

Crusader
I've been away from orgs for 30+ years, have no idea how the bureacracy may have changed...

ARE YOU SERIOUS! :omg:

(please tell me this is a joke!)

No worries...It's not quite that bad yet but the fact that you weren't sure if this was a joke or not is very telling! :giggle:

The DSA stats are sort of like this though...they get points off for having a live SP living in the same geographical area as the org.

olska

No worries...It's not quite that bad yet but the fact that you weren't sure if this was a joke or not is very telling! :giggle:

The DSA stats are sort of like this though...they get points off for having a live SP living in the same geographical area as the org.

Whew!

I left way back when the INSPECTOR GENERAL and INTERNATIONAL FINANCE POLICE came into being -- toooooooo much like the Nazis for me! Carry on! :hattip:

Lynn Fountain Campbell

Heh. Maybe we should all get apartments on LRH Way.

<3
Lynn

SirRalliart

Patron with Honors
This is the latest Facebook message (which is way toned down from the first one she sent out when we first left. For that one she got pretty lambasted, from my understanding, because there was no official declare then. I never did get a copy of that one):

"Dear Friends,

I was informed by the HAS at Chicago Org some weeks ago that Dave & Sindy Fagen have now been officially declared suppressive persons. This is not posted on the wall of the Org, but people may get with the HAS to read the declare order. As their only terminal is the International Justice Chief via the Continental Justice Chief, you should remove them from your Facebook friends.

Since I don't think the HAS even has a Facebook account, I'm just helping out here.

ML,

(Name Removed)"

Wow, I trained with Dave at Flag. Let him know Mike Roiger from Cincinnati bolted as well. I'm currently going through similar odd disconnect messages. Apparently my SP declare is "flying through the lines" - it'll be a few months by the time they get the rejects handled. A Grad V/XDN/CCRD/FPRD C/S and SNR C/S leaving is a hard pill for them to swallow.

RogerB

Crusader
Give the wannabee HCO type the same links and info you gave your friend and point out why you're out.

And thank him/her for helping wake up all you true friends who are waking up and moving out . . . hell he might simply lack data and decide to bounce himself!

Let it be known he's losing friends fast if he doesn't join the party!

R

Sindy

Crusader
Wow, I trained with Dave at Flag. Let him know Mike Roiger from Cincinnati bolted as well. I'm currently going through similar odd disconnect messages. Apparently my SP declare is "flying through the lines" - it'll be a few months by the time they get the rejects handled. A Grad V/XDN/CCRD/FPRD C/S and SNR C/S leaving is a hard pill for them to swallow.

:dance3::cheerleader::buzzin::woohoo::party:

Thanks for letting us know. I will tell him. Likewise, here, it's hard to let go of a Flag Trained Pro Sup/Class IV/Co-Audit and KTL/LOC Sup and in addition to a stellar 25 year vet who everyone loves. :thumbsup: