What's new

Big List of Former members who have spoken out

AnonLover

Patron Meritorious
Greetings All, Good News is afoot --

The Big List of Former Church of Scientology members who have spoken out has been resurrected on the WWP wiki and ongoing efforts to expand it has finally resumed! :happydance:

Former Church of Scientology members who have spoken out

The current tally is now up to 1389 total names as of today.

We had hoped to hit our goal of 1500 names by the end of last year (2010) when the wiki suffered a bad hardware failure in November, so that major milestone didnt pan out like we thought. But the race is now on to make up for lost time and we're looking for feedback and assistance to make the list bigger & better than ever!

If you have spoken out publicly against the CofS under your real name, please take a moment to follow the link above and see if your name is listed and indexed properly. And if not - please let us know (as explained below) what needs done to ensure your name is properly accounted for.

There is also a new Add/Update Your Name section at the bottom of the wiki page with instructions on everything you need to know to get yourself added to the list (or updated on the list if need be).

We're also deeming this here thread the official ESMB Project Announcement home-away-from-home, so feel free to post additions or changes to the Big List below if you wish. Or please feel free to PM me changes if you don't want to tie your ESMB alias to your real name publicly.

Additionally, there are few new web tools now available for expanding the reach of the published list noted at the top of the wiki page that include links to the usual PDF mirrors (that will be updated soonly with the latest version of the Big List). We also have a new Big List Newsfeed that broadcasts the latest project announcements. As well as a new Big List Online Submission Form for gathering input on additions from outside the world of fora, and a project homepage in the blogosphere where comments for changes to existing entries on the big list can be posted without a forum registration.

Also note - I didnt bother digging up the old thread for this project because the last time we bumped it, it caused a great deal of confusion due to an ancient version of the list being included in the OP while the project was in its early infancy. So to avoid having to explain over & over & over again that the first couple pages of the old thread are no longer relevant - i thought it was high time we started on a fresh slate.

Last edited:

This is NOT OK !!!!

Gold Meritorious Patron
Just kidding, keep up the good work!

I'm SO looking forward to getting onto that list along with all my family members!

Only one to go!:happydance:

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
I'm glad to hear the list is back.

I have an idea regarding the Big List;

Local Anons/Exes make up fliers based on the names of everyone who has spoken out in their local area (from the list) and hand the fliers out to any scios they encounter whenever and wherever possible.

AnonLover

Patron Meritorious
Thats a great idea Panda, after i export the current Big List into a fresh a PDF for mirroring the hardcopy version - I'll play with the flyer thought abit while I have a fresh plate of copypasta to sling around. and see if can come up with some sort of generic tri-fold leaflet protestfags can use/customize however they see fit.

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
AnonLover - It sends me to this link to update information. Mine says I was in 16 years. I was in 32 (Scn) and 16 (Sea Org). How do I get that updated?

AnonLover

Patron Meritorious
AnonLover - It sends me to this link to update information. Mine says I was in 16 years. I was in 32 (Scn) and 16 (Sea Org). How do I get that updated?

Just by posting mention here in this thread my dear, i'll relay it on over to the project thread on wwp on we'll get it fixed for ya soonly.

EDIT: i need to know which name its under? (I thought Bea was your real one) If you dont want to post that publicly, please send me a PM

Thanks for the feedback!!

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
Just by posting mention here in this thread my dear, i'll relay it on over to the project thread on wwp on we'll get it fixed for ya soonly.

EDIT: i need to know which name its under? (I thought Bea was your real one) If you dont want to post that publicly, please send me a PM

Thanks for the feedback!!

Bea Kiddo is my real name! It should be there. Check again and again and again! I am sure it were there!

I sent you PM anyways...

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
Awesome news, so glad its back up and running, it is not only an eye-opener for those in and out, but also a great resourse of true stories for anyone having a look see too..
:dance: (and thanks to cherished for pointing out the link update in mah sig too <3)

Rock On Anon!

:cake:

AnonLover

Patron Meritorious
:bump2: bump for weekend traffic - this thread needs moar views!

The Big List is now up to 1392 names. Big thanks to all the peeps who responded with additions & corrections in this thread, via PM or with the online submission form - all your feedback is now included.

To all the rest - Have You Checked Your Name Lately? If not please have a peak and let me know if there is any missing or inaccurate info that we can improve:

:read:

Is your name missing from the list? No problem - we have an app for that! Check out our new Big List Online submission Form, it only takes a minute or two to complete once you gathered up one or more URLs for links to where you have spoken out online.

Need Some Good Links to Get Your Name on the List? No sweat - we got app for that too!! Take the Scientology - Through The Door Interview before you use the Big List submission form noted above, and fill out the simple questionnaire under your real name.

Additional tools and more details on getting listed is explained on the wiki page under Add/Update Your Name.

Keep the feedback coming, big list is big... but it can be whole lot bigger and better with more input.

:thankyou:

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
*sigh*

The awesome just doesn't stop!!!

:cheers:

:cake:

:tobed: byeeeeee! Hey newbies, please check the list out, spend a day r' two reading, it may change your life!

dianaclass8

Silver Meritorious Patron
:bump2: bump for weekend traffic - this thread needs moar views!

The Big List is now up to 1392 names. Big thanks to all the peeps who responded with additions & corrections in this thread, via PM or with the online submission form - all your feedback is now included.

To all the rest - Have You Checked Your Name Lately? If not please have a peak and let me know if there is any missing or inaccurate info that we can improve:

:read:

Is your name missing from the list? No problem - we have an app for that! Check out our new Big List Online submission Form, it only takes a minute or two to complete once you gathered up one or more URLs for links to where you have spoken out online.

Need Some Good Links to Get Your Name on the List? No sweat - we got app for that too!! Take the Scientology - Through The Door Interview before you use the Big List submission form noted above, and fill out the simple questionnaire under your real name.

Additional tools and more details on getting listed is explained on the wiki page under Add/Update Your Name.

Keep the feedback coming, big list is big... but it can be whole lot bigger and better with more input.

:thankyou:

I am on the list! :happydance:

And so is my husband right below my name. Can you please add?:
David Thomas OT VIII Class VI, not that it matters but when people who are in doubt and read this list, makes them wonder...no?

He left after 25 years....:happydance:

Aida Thomas - left after 20 years - Spanish Class VIII Auditor, Mexico Interview Global Issues and Answers, video
David Thomas - video

AnonLover

Patron Meritorious
Thank you Aida!

... not that it matters but when people who are in doubt and read this list, makes them wonder...no?

oh contrare - methinks it matters VERY much, that initial first impression spin thru is surely all the more powerful & eye opening with more details showing that its folks from ALL walks of life & ALL stages of the bridge who are jumping ship. And imo, both the highly ranked entries AND the great diversity in entries, equally underscores the unspoken question of "why are they all leaving?!?!" that in turn makes all the listed links all the more enticing to click on.

and we would very much like to get alot more of the names that have a link but scant on details fleshed out, as well gathering new names we dont have.

So any & all feedback on existing peeps that are already listed with little details is also welcome on this thread or via PM from any folks up here that are fairly certain their knowledgeable on rank & file info for other individuals who are still lacking basic background context.

Checkout the big list here:
Former Church of Scientology members who have spoken out :read:

And send in additions for new names here:
Big List Online Submission Form

Last edited:

AnonLover

Patron Meritorious
bumpsies = big list now up to 1425 names!! (with 1 pending that hasnt landed on wiki page ATM)

http://wiki.whyweprotest.net/Former_Church_of_Scientology_members_who_have_spoken_out

There's been a lot effort put into refining existing entries with better info, links, etc. so not only is it growing - its also getting better and better with age!!

Only 75 to go to hit our delayed goal of 1500. Is your name missing from the list? We got an app (or two) for that...

Big List New Submisssions: http://www.jotform.com/form/2920410395

Need to make yourself a link for speaking out publicly under your real name to complete your submission? Then please consider doing a thru the door interview first, completing the optional info with your actual name and quals: http://alley.ethercat.com/door/newinterview.php

If your name is already on the list but lacking proper/correct details - do please let us know ITT, via pm or via blog comments accepted here

:cheers:

AnonLover

Patron Meritorious
It would be really nice if you put them by countries...I think :)

Diana

perhaps, but ugggg that would be alot of tedius sorting out :yes:

and with peeps cross-pollinating across national boundaries, it would making finding a name on a former acquaintance alot harder (do you list where their from originally, where they served in CofS at, or where they are currently at - which isnt something we readily know from the data mining we do in bulk)

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Awesome news and progress - thanks 2 U AL :bighug:

This list is a great resource for answering the "it's only a handful of disaffected apostates" BS from OSA. :yes: