What's new

Marty Rathbun gets it wrong . . . again #2

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
In an a futile effort at polishing his Tech Guru badge, our favourite radical Scientologist, Marty Rathbun, gets it wrong. Again.

This time, Marty has discovered (yes, discovered) that the application of Golden Age Tech in the cult is preventing progress toward spiritual freedoms. He puts this down to: "what has become the standard operating procedure OT VII every six month 'fixation on pt life rudiments intensives' ". In an esoteric passage of goobledeegook, he claims this "fixation" has resulted in a "super fixidity" in auditors who now focus far too much of their attention on present time PC/OT behaviours. He then traipses off into the insane hinterland of L Ron Hubbard's broken mind to fetch a quote to verify this "discovery". What Marty fails to obnose, however, are prerequisite Scientology basic fundamentals and, if anything, the current practises in the cult are a refinement, not an impediment.

While the rest of the world realised over 60 years ago that Scientology does not work, this is not a possibility than can be considered by its adherents. KSW clearly states that the single most important reason the tech doesn't work is because the recipient lacks faith in its efficacy. Further, the only reason the recipient lacks faith in the tech is because they have an overt. Being a firm believer in the tech, David Miscavige, et al, must by now be at their wits end with the realisation that not one single Clear or OT ability has yet manifested. Accordingly, this must be because the Clears and the OTs are lacking faith in the tech because of their overts. With this in mind, it now becomes apparent just why there is this insistence on present time rudiments and sec-checking: the overts must be dealt with before sustainable progress can be made.

Being the better Scientologist, David Miscavige, is simply displaying a far higher level of faith in the tech and, as a direct result, generating as much income as possible as per L Ron Hubbard's original intention.

We all know Marty is open for business selling Hubbard's mindfuck con game,

and there seems to be not shortage of suckers, so business seems to be good,

but, I'm not 100% sure if he knows it's a con game,

he still may actually be one of the suckers himself.

AnonKat

Crusader
text

here you go:

Prevention of Bridge Progress in Corporate Scientology
Posted on February 4, 2011 by martyrathbun09|

The upshot of “Golden Age of Tech”, “Golden Age of Tech for OTs”, and what has become the standard operating procedure OT VII every six month “fixation on pt life rudiments intensives” is the prevention of auditing and progress up the Bridge toward spiritual freedom. These practices have implanted a super fixidity in auditors upon pt behaviors of pre Clears and pre OTs. And it gives pre Clears and pre OTs ARC breaks and Present Time Problems they did not have before engaging in such expensive “auditing.” It is a violation of the CONTRACT entered into by every pre Clear and every pre OT with the church at the start of his or her journey. The EP of Miscavige-tech super fixation on rudiments – whether it be actual rudiments (at the start of each session) or effective rudiments (repeated and endless sec checking) is OUT RUDIMENTS. Where did I get such a blasphemous idea? From auditing dozens of refugee Corporate Scientology folk in the manner L. Ron Hubbard suggested they be audited and from L. Ron Hubbard himself stating it as a TECHNICAL FACT:

Well, the first obersvation we can make, that rudiments go out to the degree that auditing doesn’t get done. That’s a direct ratio. Rudiments go out to the degree that auditing does not get done.

Now, this poses you a problem. If you are using no session to put rudiments in, if you use no time at all to put rudiments in, of course, you’re apparently around the bend as far as handling the pc, because the rudiments are out. You see, here’s a puzzle that we face at once. If you’re not spending any time putting the rudiments in, of course, the rudiments are going to go out. But the more time you spend putting the rudiments in, the more rudiments you’ve got to put in. Have you got that?

So, somewhere here there’s an optimum amount of rudiments putting-in and it’s not very much. It’s on the order of five minutes. You know, five minutes and the rudiments are in; the pc will bear with that, and not much more. And when it goes to a half an hour, his present time problem is actually, basically, the fundamental problem of getting auditing.

Now, he’ll say the present time problem is something else, is something else, is something else, is something else; but his basic problem: is he going to get any auditing? And after he’s had half to three-quarters of the session thrown away on a bunch of things that he didn’t care about, why, of course now, he has a new present time problem called “getting auditing.” In the next session, he comes in with this new present time problem: “Am I ever going to get audited?” because he doesn’t consider any of these other things auditing…

…The endless handling of rudiments is a limiting factor in auditing, because it produces eventually the ARC break of obtaining no auditing. (emphasis supplied) So, the decision is, audit. You’ll have less ARC breaks the more auditing you do. And of course, if your auditing is flawless from a standpoint of Model Session, and if some of these other things I’m bringing up are also present smoothly in the session, your days of having ARC breaky pcs ends as soon as you recognize that point — that he is there to be audited, and his basic contract is the basic contract to be audited. And the more you audit him on the things his attention is fixedly on — I mean fixedly on, on the long track basis, you see – and the more attention you give to that and the more you handle that, the more he knows he’s being audited, the less ARC breaks you’re going to get.

It’s amazing what a pc will put up with to get auditing, quite amazing what they wil put up with to get auditing. Why make them put up with anything, but at the same time go on and audit. So the best, hottest message I can give you on that exact subject is audit! Don’t fool with it; audit! See?

– L. Ron Hubbard, Basics of Auditing – St Hill Special Briefing Course 29 August 1961

Last edited:

Infinite

Thanks Anonkat. Have you seen some of the follow-up comments at MartyLand? Its like a festival of virtual fellation.

Pooks

MERCHANT OF CHAOS
Marty and Mike, continue to drink the koolaid. They provide great lulz for the rest of us.

It's a pretty tough pill to take and realize that you've been a complete retard in following hubbard/s dreck. Marty's ego just won't allow it. Boo hoo for him.

P

Captain Koolaid

Patron Meritorious
Thanks Anonkat. Have you seen some of the follow-up comments at MartyLand? Its like a festival of virtual fellation.

They mock those still in the "church" as Kool Aid drinkers. :duh: But they're unable to put Hubbard under the microscope. Oh the irony.

Marty and Mike, continue to drink the koolaid. They provide great lulz for the rest of us.

It's a pretty tough pill to take and realize that you've been a complete retard in following hubbard/s dreck. Marty's ego just won't allow it. Boo hoo for him.

P

I can understand him cashing in on the morons who still want to play Hubbard's role playing con game, since his attempts to earn a living outside of cultlife didn't work out too well

... but him still actually believing Hubbard's nonsense? ... that's just flat out sad.

Infinite

I can understand him cashing in on the morons who still want to play Hubbard's role playing con game, since his attempts to earn a living outside of cultlife didn't work out too well

... but him still actually believing Hubbard's nonsense? ... that's just flat out sad.

Incredible, isn't it?

AnonKat

Crusader

Although I enjoy your poëtic description very very much, I say to each their own.

I Imagine you are afraid of abusive situations outside of the Cof$ ?

Last edited:

Infinite

Although I enjoy your poëtic description very very much, I say to each their own.

I Imagine you are afraid abusive situations outside of the Cof$ ?

Huh? lern2grammar.

Other than attempting to make this personal (always attack, never defend, eh?) I can't quite see what you mean. Am I afraid that L Ron Hubbard's tech will be used against me? No, but I am alert to it. Am I afraid that the radical Independents will perpetuate cult abuses? No, more concerned than frightened. From the perspective that the technology is, at its heart, abusive in that it diminishes cognitive functioning, "abuse" happens outside the cult every day.

All I'm doing here is pointing out that the six-monthly sec checks and present time rudiments regimen which Marty says is preventing spiritual development is perfectly in alignment with KSW. Have I got that wrong?

AnonKat

Crusader
Huh? lern2grammar.

Other than attempting to make this personal (always attack, never defend, eh?) I can't quite see what you mean. Am I afraid that L Ron Hubbard's tech will be used against me? No, but I am alert to it. Am I afraid that the radical Independents will perpetuate cult abuses? No, more concerned than frightened. From the perspective that the technology is, at its heart, abusive in that it diminishes cognitive functioning, "abuse" happens outside the cult every day.

All I'm doing here is pointing out that the six-monthly sec checks and present time rudiments regimen which Marty says is preventing spiritual development is perfectly in alignment with KSW. Have I got that wrong?

I detest KSW. It's full of opinions that Hubbard tries to impose on his flock.
Always atack , never defend could as well be an Anon Slogan if one has to judge it's behaviour as a whole entity instead of the protestanon part.
I do share your concern, however outside that insidious enviroment luckely if an Independant breaks the law he will face the law like every one of us.
He wants to go on with Scientology than that is his choice. I did point out on his blog the "opinions" interwoven in KSW I tottaly disagree with.
LOL atack you ? not in the slightest.

Yes what Marty says is in line with KSW. but with who's interpretation of it ? Your, mine or his ?

Last edited:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

Well, yes. Marty is correct in that it violates "proper" Scn tech to harp on rudiments instead of doing something for the pc. I'll give one personal example as a pc. I very rarely needed (or need) to spend time on rudiments, i.e. present-life worries or problems or upsets, but I just want to get on with the main action of the session, whatever it happens to be. One day I had a bad cold or a sprained wrist or something, and the C/S (auditing instruction) was an assist to address that in some way. I wasn't in the least interested in wasting what to me was precious auditing time by addressing something so ephemeral, that would be fine of its own accord in a few days or a week anyway. So the auditor was able to get a quick change in the C/S, and I was happy as a clam to be able to get on with the regular auditing program that I was on.

Now, if it had been a really serious injury or upset, that consumed most of my attention, then yes, I would have been happy to address it. But this one wasn't. Another example, guy is happily married with a loving family, and one day out of the blue there's a car crash and his wife dies. That is not something that would be handled in five minutes by flying a rudiment, and would certainly be a legitimate reason to come off the regular auditing program the guy had been on.

I'm not trying to push the view that Scientology Wurks!!! onto you, but to give the idea that the pc tends to want to get on with what he considers meaty and worthwhile, not so much dick around in handling relatively insignificant concerns.

Paul

Pooks

MERCHANT OF CHAOS
Yes what Marty says is in line with KSW. but with who's interpretation of it ? Your, mine or his ?

That's the inherent evil of KSW, there is no interpretation. It is what it is.

Hubbard lays out the 10 points of hammering out of existence any alteration of his tech.

When somebody enrols, consider he or she has joined up for the duration of the universe -- never permit an "open-minded" approach. If they're going to quit let them quit fast. If they enrolled, they're aboard, and if they're aboard, they're here on the same terms as the rest of us -- win or die in the attempt. Never let them be half-minded about being Scientologists.
The finest organizations in history have been tough, dedicated organizations. Not one namby-pamby bunch of panty-waist dilettantes have ever made anything. It's a tough universe. The social veneer makes it seem mild. But only the tigers survive -- and even they have a hard time. We'll survive because we are tough and are dedicated. When we do instruct somebody properly he becomes more and more tiger. When we instruct half-mindedly and are afraid to offend, scared to enforce, we don't make students into good Scientologists and that lets everybody down. When Mrs. Pattycake comes to us to be taught, turn that wandering doubt in her eye into a fixed, dedicated glare and she'll win and we'll all win. Humor her and we all die a little. The proper instruction attitude is, "You're here so you're a Scientologist. Now we're going to make you into an expert auditor no matter what happens. We'd rather have you dead than incapable."

A true blue Scio can not pick and choose, he can only apply standard dreck.

If Marty is interpreting then he's just another squirrel per the dreck.

Well, yes. Marty is correct in that it violates "proper" Scn tech to harp on rudiments instead of doing something for the pc. I'll give one personal example as a pc. I very rarely needed (or need) to spend time on rudiments, i.e. present-life worries or problems or upsets, but I just want to get on with the main action of the session, whatever it happens to be. One day I had a bad cold or a sprained wrist or something, and the C/S (auditing instruction) was an assist to address that in some way. I wasn't in the least interested in wasting what to me was precious auditing time by addressing something so ephemeral, that would be fine of its own accord in a few days or a week anyway. So the auditor was able to get a quick change in the C/S, and I was happy as a clam to be able to get on with the regular auditing program that I was on.

Now, if it had been a really serious injury or upset, that consumed most of my attention, then yes, I would have been happy to address it. But this one wasn't. Another example, guy is happily married with a loving family, and one day out of the blue there's a car crash and his wife dies. That is not something that would be handled in five minutes by flying a rudiment, and would certainly be a legitimate reason to come off the regular auditing program the guy had been on.

I'm not trying to push the view that Scientology Wurks!!! onto you, but to give the idea that the pc tends to want to get on with what he considers meaty and worthwhile, not so much dick around in handling relatively insignificant concerns.

Paul

Regardless if it "violates proper Scn tech" or not the fact remains that ten years ago Marty was helping to ruin the lives of people like Greg and Debra Barnes who brought this up at the time, now he's acting as if he just discovered this.

AnonKat

Crusader
That's the inherent evil of KSW, there is no interpretation. It is what it is.

Hubbard lays out the 10 points of hammering out of existence any alteration of his tech.

A true blue Scio can not pick and choose, he can only apply standard dreck.

If Marty is interpreting then he's just another squirrel per the dreck.

Yes KSW is Hubbard defining the enemy and what is "acceptable behavior"per him.

I don't find your quote that damning actually. This one I find more damning:

We will not speculate here on why this was so or how I came to rise
above the bank. We are dealing only in facts and the above is a fact—
the group left to its own devices would not have evolved Scientology
but with wild dramatization of the bank called "new ideas" would have
wiped it out. Supporting this is the fact that man has never before
evolved workable mental technology and emphasizing it is the vicious
technology he did evolve—psychiatry, psychology, surgery, shock
treatment, whips, duress, punishment, etc, ad infinitum.

Infinite

Paul

For sure. Its a bit like taking your car into the service centre to get the spark plugs changed and the mechanic insists on removing the plugs by going up through the crankcase and via the pistons. You'll get your plugs changed, eventually, but its going to cost a truck-load more money and time than simply removing them from the top.

My point is that the current focus on rudiments/sec checking is in alignment with KSW which is the master policy/tech/scripture document. Previously, people were going in to get their spark plugs changed but the engine (i.e., the Thetan) was still not working as described. It never has, even under LRH's own hand. Assuming the tech does work, there's obviously a problem somewhere and, as per the tech, it has to be an overt.

For a single auditor removed from the cult environment and not bound by KSW, of course, get on with what the pc wants. For someone stuck in there and responsible for the entire operation, what else can they do? There are more people leaving than joining, the reputation is in tatters, no Clear has a perfect memory, OTs are not levitating ashtrays or making anything go right, ipso facto, sec check the lot to see WTF is going on.

Infinite

I detest KSW. It's full of opinions that Hubbard tries to impose on his flock.
Always atack , never defend could as well be an Anon Slogan if one has to judge it's behaviour as a whole entity instead of the protestanon part.
I do share your concern, however outside that insidious enviroment luckely if an Independant breaks the law he will face the law like every one of us.
He wants to go on with Scientology than that is his choice. I did point out on his blog the "opinions" interwoven in KSW I tottaly disagree with.
LOL atack you ? not in the slightest.

I've seen your comments about KSW. Good work.

I disagree about "always attack never defend" being applicable to Anon. I've seen example after example after example where Anon's attempt to defend their position in the face of Scilon attack - its just that the tech prevents them from listening, let along thinking about what's said.

Arthur Dent

Silver Meritorious Patron
"We will not speculate here on why this was so or how I came to rise
above the bank. We are dealing only in facts and the above is a fact—
the group left to its own devices would not have evolved Scientology
but with wild dramatization of the bank called "new ideas" would have
wiped it out. Supporting this is the fact that man has never before
evolved workable mental technology and emphasizing it is the vicious
technology he did evolve—psychiatry, psychology, surgery, shock
treatment, whips, duress, punishment, etc, ad infinitum." - by you know who.

It really does begin with KSW 1. "We will not speculate"....there, you're done! No speculation. No doubt! Not a drop You're with us or agin' us. If you're agin' us you may well lose your spouse, children, other family and your friends. No duress here! "duress, punishment, etc..." That would be psychiatry! Interesting that "psychiatry," then, was the only thing I could see was being practiced in the church.

How many times have you Method 9's this or Method 9'd others on it? It was de rigueur during the last few bouts I had with the church. Once it was done on me under an amazing amount of physical and mental duress as well.
Too bad for them the "implant" didn't "take!"

(Method 9 word clearing: you have the person read the text aloud til he falters or stumbles in speech and then you must find the word the student mis-understands.)