What's new

alt.religion.scientology

Kerry

Patron with Honors
Alanzo,

I liked what you posted to ARS.

No need imo to steal anything from ARS, though, though I've been stealing quotes from there for years. It's all here anyway, imo, in its own form.

I also love that letter to Sea Orgers from Barb (and others she's written), and posted it awhile back to tchq. I always read ARS, time permitting, and always the same thoughtful, thought-provoking, hilarious, interesting and always informative posters (despite the kooks, trolls, and especially the cultie spammers) remain to get the message out. I don't see that this has to be a face off between ARS and here like it has on occasion been between ARS and OCMB.

Waste of energy, imo -- for the long term, that is.

Understand yours and others' beef with Dennis. I'm also respectful of his bravery against this annihilating, criminal, home-invading cult. It's been an interesting re-read, and I disagree that that's a waste of time because we get to see so many long-term critics resurface, and newer ones start to listen perhaps, debate like hell or dialogue with dignity and everything in between. It never lasts all that long and the spirit of the movement against the CULT OF SCIENTOLOGY lives on on ARS and everywhere else and only gets better. Especially when culties can witness critics fighting and then drop it within a matter of days or weeks when they know they're ongoing "battles" against Psychs and SPs is ennnnnnnnnnnndless and their stats depend in large part in retaining these enemy "lines." [LOL - sounds like they're snorting their badnessnesses.]

One exception to my relatively sanguine conclusion to all of this concerns the poster Sten Arne's re-outing of Emma during this current mêlée. He did this (on ARS) and he made sure to Do It Twice. Mean-spirited, down-low combo of hardcore, overt aggression together with long-simmering, covert hostility (probably nothing to do with Emma, really).

Anyway Alanzo, maybe ESMB is just fine the way it is - evolving as all these kinds of spaces do. But maybe you're right about adding more news. I'm not sure it would be of interest; strangely enough, the very purpose of this board existing primarily for ex-scientologists to reunite suggests to me a core group that already knows "the news" and, togoether with the other half of the board, critics never having been in, share quite a bit of knowledge here.

The concept of "the [big bad] Other" (the Enemy in lots of cultures and certainly in Lafatty's cult) has done little to achieve (in fact historically flies in the face of) what, in this case, Elfatty claims Dianetics caimed to want to achieve: "a world without war, crime, or insanity." Completely counter-intuitive. Then again, what's new about this cult.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5CFQeYu738&feature=related

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Yeah Kerry -

I don't care to have a face off between ARS and ESMB, either.

I posted the reasons I left ARS and went to Beliefnet so many years ago. They were basically my personal reasons for my own sanity, and for what I perceived that I needed for my own recovery from Scientology.

I think Emma had the same thoughts as I did. And that's why I really love this particular board. It seems like what I have personally needed and what I've been looking for since leaving ARS.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
I like that idea. But isn't that a lot of work?

I have never been on ARS. But it appears to be full of extreme randomity.

Yes, it is that.

But there are some really great contributions going on there by some really great people.

I think I'll try to make some periodical surgical strikes in there to pick out the good bits and leave the stinky parts behind.

OHTEEATE

Silver Meritorious Patron
Koos

You have to laugh at Koos. Poor guy. In my searches for truth after blowing from Flag, Koos was just the perfect nutjob to break up the seriousness, and add the perfect spice of insanity to the "ethics" scene. His theta universe Comm Ev of Senior C/S Flag Richard Reiss is priceless nut raving . You can practically see the spittle flying out of his mouth as he types.:omg: one pities and chuckles at the same time.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
I think I'll try to make some periodical surgical strikes in there to pick out the good bits and leave the stinky parts behind.

That would be terrific Alanzo.
As an ex the two things I was searching for were
1. Finding people in similar situations and stories
2. News of what's happening to change things now.
:)

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
That would be terrific Alanzo.
As an ex the two things I was searching for were
1. Finding people in similar situations and stories
2. News of what's happening to change things now.
:)

I agree with this.

I am starting to get beefed up about this board becoming a freezone dispute resolver or something.

That is not the purpose of this board. Maybe this is a word clearing and cramming point.

I dont mean to offend anyone. Usually I love the posts going on here. But these freezone/ ron's org (or whatever these units are, whoever comes from wherever...) are just not, in my lowly opinion, related to this board. Why bring them here, when they did not start here?

Rambling.

Part of why I stopped posting. Now I gotta sift through it all to catch up, and its kinda of boring and annoying. I hope I can catch up without too much effort here....

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
I agree with this.

I am starting to get beefed up about this board becoming a freezone dispute resolver or something.

That is not the purpose of this board. Maybe this is a word clearing and cramming point.

I agree with that too!
I have zero interest in FZ and tech discussions. I left that behind me.

Maybe we could have a section for "Breaking News". For example I read on OCMB yesterday that the FBI had actually gone into Gold looking for someone. We need to know this stuff. Or I do anyway :D

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
I agree with that too!
I have zero interest in FZ and tech discussions. I left that behind me.

Maybe we could have a section for "Breaking News". For example I read on OCMB yesterday that the FBI had actually gone into Gold looking for someone. We need to know this stuff. Or I do anyway :D

WOW!!! Holy crap!!!! Where's the info on that???

Kerry

Patron with Honors
Free to Shine, could you please post a link to where you read that on OCMB? I can't find it. Ta.

Whatever's happening in the demise of the Scientology cult these days, it seems to me the crap can't hit the fan for this long (nearly 3 years due to what DM put TC up to) .. and not soon be publicly crumbling. I could be wrong. I thought the Lisa McPherson case was going to wreak well-deserved havoc on CoS.

It feels quite different now with every media outlet on the planet splashing the word 'scientology' in the articles and front pages of their tabloids.

ETA: Bea and Free, I don't have much time to read and post, but ARS taught me a great lesson re what to avoid that I wasn't interested in (takes two or three posts to decide on a thread generally). I empathize with your feelings on this, but it's too late here for me to even attempt a post addressing it. Anyway, what about just starting and contributing to threads that interest you.

Last edited:

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
Wow.

Too bad it is so controlled. I wish they could go in like a raid, when the base is not prepared. That is really the only way to see it how it really is.

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
But anyway - there is one good thing about ARS - information.

There are critics there who are constantly feeding new information into the newsgroup. If it happens any where in the world related to Scientology, it appears on ARS and gets discussed.

I think ESMB can improve a bit in that area.

Tigger used to do that. Post and crosspost news stories and news information; mostly on OCMB.

Believe it or not, she got criticized for it. Some people seemed to consider it "spamming".

jodie

Patron with Honors
Arse is arse. Way way back a long long time ago, it was actually quite a nice place, with some intelligent people, and some good dialogue. That was before the attempted rm group, the raids, and the masses. It was smaller, and thus more conducive to actual conversation. After the masses arrived, it degenerated down to the lowest common denominator, and most of the really normal, intelligent folk moved on.

- jodie

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
The RMGRP effort was in 95. I remember in 98- 2001, maybe, there were still quite a few people on there who actually discussed things...There was a lot of noise, but I don't want to say that since the RMGRP action it all went to hell in a handbasket because that wouldn't be true.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
The RMGRP effort was in 95. I remember in 98- 2001, maybe, there were still quite a few people on there who actually discussed things...There was a lot of noise, but I don't want to say that since the RMGRP action it all went to hell in a handbasket because that wouldn't be true.

The common view seems to be that 'ARS went to hell after I joined it'. I'm not sure *what* that means, but, it seems to be the most common cog ;)

Zinj

jodie

Patron with Honors
The common view seems to be that 'ARS went to hell after I joined it'. I'm not sure *what* that means, but, it seems to be the most common cog ;)

Zinj

Hahaha!!!
It was great in 1994, and early 1995. Totaly different. Like I said far fewer people, and far more quality.

- jodie