What's new

Hello old and new friends from Glenn Caldwell

Sindy

Crusader
Dear everybody,

I am new to this thread, but not new to the whole Freezone.

I joined various freezone user groups some years ago - initially under an alias and then to some degree under my own name. It was very rewarding and helped me extensively.

During my time at the org I saw many people come an go and of course never heard from them again.

After years of doing my own thing, my curiosity to reconnect with fellow ex scios has resurfaced.

I am interested in what ex scios are doing these days and see if there are any old friends online.

Also i am curious as to what ex scios have turned to (so to speak) to continue them on their spiritual journey. When someone leaves their faith it can of course leave them in an existential crisis - this can be quite destabilising - so I am curious as to what ex scios have actually done about it.

Anyway feel free to throw general abuse or comments.

Glenn

Hiya Glenn. Nice to meet you. :thumbsup:

I am doin' my own thing and reading lots of stuff while being my own authority on truth. Lately I've been digging watching Eckhart Tolle. I really like that guy's space, if you will. :wink2:

Currently I am reading The Trouble with Physics and From Eternity to Here. These are both science books and not necessarily meant to be spiritual (but totally are).

I've also been listening to some people's experience with DMT - not that I would do it but I find it interesting.

I was so disillusioned with Scientology, when I finally left, that getting out was so freeing. The existential crisis occurred while I was still in. I now feel so free and have looked at so much "forbidden" stuff, that there is no crisis.

:heartflower::rose::welcome2:

Clarence Rockaway

Patron with Honors
Dear everybody,

I joined various freezone user groups some years ago - initially under an alias and then to some degree under my own name. It was very rewarding and helped me extensively.

During my time at the org I saw many people come an go and of course never heard from them again.

After years of doing my own thing, my curiosity to reconnect with fellow ex scios has resurfaced.

I am interested in what ex scios are doing these days and see if there are any old friends online.

Also i am curious as to what ex scios have turned to (so to speak) to continue them on their spiritual journey. When someone leaves their faith it can of course leave them in an existential crisis - this can be quite destabilising - so I am curious as to what ex scios have actually done about it.

Glenn
Welcome Glenn. The ESMB is a wonderfully wacky group. The average I.Q. you'll find is much higher than the norm. Also, much warmth much help, much fun. I went into a dozen different things, and ended up finding that Eckhart Tolle gave me what I was looking for. Fasten your seat belt. It's going to be an exhilerating ride. Reuben Hart...(Clarence Rockaway)

LongTimeGone

Silver Meritorious Patron
Welcome Glenn. :welcome2:

I took a long time, after leaving, to come to grips with the void of philosophical understanding that smashed unannounced into my life.

I have found that simply enjoying life day to day and using a modicum of common sense has been very valuable. Life really isn't that difficult when you back off a bit and look at it sensibly. With that "philosophy" I have prospered with relative ease.

Religion plays no part in my life now, so if Hubbard really was the Anti-Christ, then he has been successful in my case. I have a lot of fun with the religious nutters who knock on my door now, but I go easy as their beliefs are obviously very important to them.

I have also found that, since I have no fear of death, religious doctrine is not much use to me.

Importantly though, I don't believe anyone has any more idea about life than I do, so I really have no desire to let someone else do my thinking for me.

LTG

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Dear everybody,

Glenn

There are some non CofS Scientologists here. Different sorts. I think that the majority of the forum are people who aren't doing ANY Scientology anymore, though. Still, there's a mix of belief systems and interests.

I personally would recommend a program of reading non fiction books, possibly a comparative religion curriculum, after leaving.

Outethicsofficer

Silver Meritorious Patron
Welcome Glenn. :welcome2:

I took a long time, after leaving, to come to grips with the void of philosophical understanding that smashed unannounced into my life.

I have found that simply enjoying life day to day and using a modicum of common sense has been very valuable. Life really isn't that difficult when you back off a bit and look at it sensibly. With that "philosophy" I have prospered with relative ease.

Religion plays no part in my life now, so if Hubbard really was the Anti-Christ, then he has been successful in my case. I have a lot of fun with the religious nutters who knock on my door now, but I go easy as their beliefs are obviously very important to them.

I have also found that, since I have no fear of death, religious doctrine is not much use to me.

Importantly though, I don't believe anyone has any more idea about life than I do, so I really have no desire to let someone else do my thinking for me.

LTG

Welcome Glenn,
Good post LTG, and it summed up beautifully how I feel now, I ain't got no religion.
Now that suits me fine.
James

GCaldwell

Thank you all for your encouraging welcome.

I look forward to reading your posts and getting to know you all

Cheers

Glenn

Terril park

Sponsor
Hi Glen,
Can't recall anyone in the FZ with that name.
Anyway welcome to join our FZ forum which you can from my
website below. :)

i'mglib

Patron with Honors
Hi, Glenn. I love reading these threads from people who just joined.

I'm not an ex, but I thought I would chime in about what to do with the existential crisis created by the hole in ones belief system.

In my opinion, happiness and meaning come from being a good person, helping people, and contributing in a positive way to society.

I find that this quote, attributed to Abraham Lincoln, sums it up well:

"When I do good I feel good. When I do bad I feel bad. That's my religion."

Also, welcome.

smartone

My Own Boss
Hello Glenn, Welcome to ESMB!

I was never in the SO or on staff. Never had any family in Scn. I spent 22 years as public but didn't waste much money because I didn't have too much of it. I've been out for 2 years.

Now I am living a happy life close to my family and a male friend who has had an exciting adventurous life and makes me laugh.

As far as the spiritual thingy goes.... I haven't paid any attention to it at all. I'm not searching for answers anymore. :biggrin:

GCaldwell

Hi, Glenn. I love reading these threads from people who just joined.

I'm not an ex, but I thought I would chime in about what to do with the existential crisis created by the hole in ones belief system.

In my opinion, happiness and meaning come from being a good person, helping people, and contributing in a positive way to society.

I find that this quote, attributed to Abraham Lincoln, sums it up well:

"When I do good I feel good. When I do bad I feel bad. That's my religion."

Also, welcome.

Thanks - that is well put