What's new

Message to Anon

Terril park

Sponsor
The best place is Encyclopedia Dramatica (hit google) that has a number of Visual Meme Tech and Verbal Meme Tech. VMT!

You'll be able to find a lot of terms there, but understand they're usually written in an ironic style so it will require a bit of processing to understand what the term actually means.

So being an anon is a bit like being a scientologist then. Arcane language and processing.

Maybe Paul can ask his robot to do something on that. :)

Poofy

Patron with Honors
So being an anon is a bit like being a scientologist then. Arcane language and processing.

Maybe Paul can ask his robot to do something on that. :)

It would appear similar, but the difference is there is no formal guide. The words are arrived at their definitions by the creativity of the users. Popular ones become generally known and used.

The difference is the lack of formality: Hubbard made jargon to define things his own way. Channers find expression through emergent consensus.

Terril park

Sponsor
It would appear similar, but the difference is there is no formal guide. The words are arrived at their definitions by the creativity of the users. Popular ones become generally known and used.

The difference is the lack of formality: Hubbard made jargon to define things his own way. Channers find expression through emergent consensus.

Subject for a thesis? How this is accelerated by the net.

"Grammer is description not prescription."[ Chomsky?] Was in love with a linguistics major once.

Jesus666

Patron
Research my tracks and you'll see I am on Anon's side. You are just noise. Noise, noise.

Only leaks count. There has been nothing. The 10th was a failure. I am ashamed of having supported Anon.

A failure? this has been the largest protest ever against scientology, 10.000 members world wide protesting.

You're obvious a scifag spy trying to change people's opinions/morale

Last edited:

Terril park

Sponsor
A failure? this has been the largest protest ever against scientology, 100.000 members world wide protesting.

You're obvious a scifag spy trying to change people's opinions/morale

The big schism in 1982/3 had 450 scifags protesting in LA, per Alan. Unconfirmed reports but the recent LA protest was slightly higher. I saw roughly 400 in London.

Biggest ever no doubt.

100,000 worldwide? Can you verify anything like that?

anon192168

not the point

You have nothing zero, nada with anon and you know it. I left a thousand tracks I know when I am talking to Anon or not. You have nothing with Anon. Leave this thread alone.

To Anon:

We are nowhere. Look at the stats. Scientology is united. Count the leaked copyrighted torrents and you know if you are making progress. You are nowhere. Rethink your strategy.

There was only one ( 1 ) source.

Leak more torrents to prove I am wrong.

No more recycled OT crap.

Real stuff.

This isn't the point of what we are trying to do. the Co$ has tried to corrupt the last, and always free media of the Internet. Anonymous is the Internet community. The Co$ will not control it, as a matter of fact the opposite will happen. Google or use any search engine and look for information on Scientology or Al Ron Hubbard, and now you find information on Cults. That is a measure of our progress. Preventing and exposing the Co$ lies and corruption is a public form they have no control over.

This does NOT necessarily represent a "positive" development. :melodramatic:

I personally am not a great "believer" in the imaginary virtues of consensus, especially as applied to the evolution of language.

The English language (English, 'Stryne, British, American, etc.) has an illustrious tradition of the apt coining of new words & phrases by clever & witty individuals.

There is also, unfortunately, a lengthy tradition of the adoption of comparatively "ugly" slang usages as a result of "popular" consensus.

Nor, are my comments intended as a defense of "hubbardisms". For what its worth (admittedly not much), I consider an excessive & widespread dependence on "scientologese" to be one of the more unnecessary problems facing the freezone.

Mark A. Baker