What's new

...we couldn’t be found but I could find you!

ExElronComm

Patron
Hi All,

I was the LRH Comm SNC Stevens Creek Org 1982 – 1987. This was my only post. I never signed an billion year contract even though the pressure to do so was almost unbearable at times. I was never declared and wish I had been. At this point though; I just don’t care enough about the cult to think about that part of it anymore.

I started thinking of leaving when I became pregnant and my baby’s bio-dad started beating me. He was part time staff and my direct junior. We had been forced by the cult to marry after we’d started living together. Luckily for me and my baby the sciencultist who married us had incorrectly dated the paperwork for the state and I received a notice a month later that the marriage was invalid. I didn’t pass this information on to anyone in the cult. That was the beginning of leaving him which also became the beginning of leaving the cult.

I had been raped by him and reported it and nothing was done except to try and make me feel that I was in the wrong. Then he was beating me from the time I was two months pregnant. Again I reported it and again nothing was done. We were sent to LA where we were kept for weeks until he was sent back. I was kept and severely harassed for many weeks more to sign a contract.

I left the cult when my baby was six months old. That, like many of you are familiar, is a story in a story in a story…as are they all.

Here I am 25 years later, after taking my daughter into hiding when the cult threatened to help her bio-dad take her from me. I came back when she was in high school. I always talked with her about the cult. Poor thing was terrified the day her half-sister found her online and messaged her. She hard powered off her computer and came to me white as snow. She thought it was her fault the cult had ‘found us’. With all of the years of hiding from him and them she hadn’t yet adjusted to not worrying about being found any longer. But then neither had I; again, story in a story in a…for another time.

Her half-sister was raised in the cult and is a few years older than my daughter. They are fb friends but haven’t spoken of meeting again, 20 years later, since one of their very early IM’s. She and I are also fb friends. It’s been strictly and online relationship for the 3 of us and we all seem very comfortable to leave things in this light and semi-interested holding pattern. My interest is that if she were to ever leave she would have at least me to start with on her path out.

That’s also my interest in being here. Now she’d also have all of us. I’ve lurked for as many years as there have been places online to lurk where there are like-minded people. To offset how disgusted I was at having to track him and the cult; I’ve also followed many of you online for many years. Huge huge huge thanks for being here by the way.

I’ve posted twice. The first so long ago that the site/board no longer exists and I’m many computers down the line now and without my copy. Have also posted once on alt.religion.scientology, now archived: http://alt.mailarchive.ca/religion.scientology/2007-05/10374.html Requested yesterday my name and info be added to https://sites.google.com/site/biglistthatleftscientology/home#addname

Have one current sciencultist fb friend. Someday her time to escape will come…sigh.

I’m a big audio book fan and have listened to and/or read all of the titles found around this site and others. Have listened to Beyond Belief three times since its audio release. I don’t have words. Much much feeling though.

So now…what the hell!! They found me again years ago, have been to my door more than once, both peons and white uniforms. They’ve called from countless numbers from all over the country. Actually I could count them if I cared, have them listed under $CN $SPAM on my phone and it’s a long bunch of scrolls. They’ve sent about 3lbs a month in badly used trees. Those come with a funny story in story in story. We have to have those too after escaping. It’s the laugh/cry thing.

Taking a breath… This is much more than I thought I’d have at this time.

Again; Huge huge huge thanks for being here now and for all the years when we couldn’t be found but I could find you!

Anonycat

Crusader
Hi All,

I was the LRH Comm SNC Stevens Creek Org 1982 – 1987. This was my only post. I never signed an billion year contract even though the pressure to do so was almost unbearable at times. I was never declared and wish I had been. At this point though; I just don’t care enough about the cult to think about that part of it anymore.

I started thinking of leaving when I became pregnant and my baby’s bio-dad started beating me. He was part time staff and my direct junior. We had been forced by the cult to marry after we’d started living together. Luckily for me and my baby the sciencultist who married us had incorrectly dated the paperwork for the state and I received a notice a month later that the marriage was invalid. I didn’t pass this information on to anyone in the cult. That was the beginning of leaving him which also became the beginning of leaving the cult.

I had been raped by him and reported it and nothing was done except to try and make me feel that I was in the wrong. Then he was beating me from the time I was two months pregnant. Again I reported it and again nothing was done. We were sent to LA where we were kept for weeks until he was sent back. I was kept and severely harassed for many weeks more to sign a contract.

I left the cult when my baby was six months old. That, like many of you are familiar, is a story in a story in a story…as are they all.

Here I am 25 years later, after taking my daughter into hiding when the cult threatened to help her bio-dad take her from me. I came back when she was in high school. I always talked with her about the cult. Poor thing was terrified the day her half-sister found her online and messaged her. She hard powered off her computer and came to me white as snow. She thought it was her fault the cult had ‘found us’. With all of the years of hiding from him and them she hadn’t yet adjusted to not worrying about being found any longer. But then neither had I; again, story in a story in a…for another time.

Her half-sister was raised in the cult and is a few years older than my daughter. They are fb friends but haven’t spoken of meeting again, 20 years later, since one of their very early IM’s. She and I are also fb friends. It’s been strictly and online relationship for the 3 of us and we all seem very comfortable to leave things in this light and semi-interested holding pattern. My interest is that if she were to ever leave she would have at least me to start with on her path out.

That’s also my interest in being here. Now she’d also have all of us. I’ve lurked for as many years as there have been places online to lurk where there are like-minded people. To offset how disgusted I was at having to track him and the cult; I’ve also followed many of you online for many years. Huge huge huge thanks for being here by the way.

I’ve posted twice. The first so long ago that the site/board no longer exists and I’m many computers down the line now and without my copy. Have also posted once on alt.religion.scientology, now archived: http://alt.mailarchive.ca/religion.scientology/2007-05/10374.html Requested yesterday my name and info be added to https://sites.google.com/site/biglistthatleftscientology/home#addname

Have one current sciencultist fb friend. Someday her time to escape will come…sigh.

I’m a big audio book fan and have listened to and/or read all of the titles found around this site and others. Have listened to Beyond Belief three times since its audio release. I don’t have words. Much much feeling though.

So now…what the hell!! They found me again years ago, have been to my door more than once, both peons and white uniforms. They’ve called from countless numbers from all over the country. Actually I could count them if I cared, have them listed under $CN $SPAM on my phone and it’s a long bunch of scrolls. They’ve sent about 3lbs a month in badly used trees. Those come with a funny story in story in story. We have to have those too after escaping. It’s the laugh/cry thing.

Taking a breath… This is much more than I thought I’d have at this time.

Again; Huge huge huge thanks for being here now and for all the years when we couldn’t be found but I could find you!

Wow, that was an eyeful and a mindful! Thank you so much for coming to this forum to share your story. Feel free to PM me, but I should say that until you've made a few posts, certain features here won't show for you. I'm looking forward to your posts.

Dean Blair

Silver Meritorious Patron
Welcome to ESMB. I remember when I first found this site and spent hours reading the stories. I was electrified. The C of $ never told me any of these things. I am so happy that you were able to keep your daughter out of the cult. You were smart to do so.

We are waiting to hear any stories you might have to tell. The story in a story in a story.

Free Being Me

Crusader
:welcome2: ExElronComm to ESMB! I was at the Stevens Creek Mission from 82 to 85 as a young teenager and I'm grateful you've made it out of the cult! Warmest wishes of a better future. :)

ExElronComm

Patron
Wow, that was an eyeful and a mindful! Thank you so much for coming to this forum to share your story. Feel free to PM me, but I should say that until you've made a few posts, certain features here won't show for you. I'm looking forward to your posts.

Thank you Anonycat. Thanks for letting me know about unavailable features too. I registered last night and am unable to get to my profile or notifications at this time. Looking forward to getting to those and seeing other features. :)

MissWog

Welcome!
you will find the most loving and supportive people here but you already know that :love8:
It is your turn to receive and you have earned it.
Take your time and settle in.. I believe you need 5 total posts to get all options fully functional.
Wishing you a blessed and beautiful day,
Missy

Welcome!
you will find the most loving and supportive people here but you already know that :love8:
It is your turn to receive and you have earned it.
Take your time and settle in.. I believe you need 5 total posts to get all options fully functional.
Wishing you a blessed and beautiful day,
Missy

Will you wish me a blessed and beautiful day too, please?

JustMe

Patron Meritorious
I am so very sorry for what this terrible group has put you and your daughter through and for hearing of your terrible abuse by your ex-husband.

But know you are blessed with your daughter who you have chosen to love and support all these years. And you are both blessed with the freedom that you won with your courage when you decided to escape.

They tried to take my daughter too and drag her back to virtual slavery.

As I look at her wonderful life and my beautiful granddaughter I thank Goddess constantly that I chose her over that cult.

The true story of scientology is not told in all those pictures they flash around in their various promotions they send to you. Rather the true story of scientology is told in the empty photo albums, in the blank photos of children no longer with us, of grandchildren that were never born, of sad and lonely people who will never experience these absolute joys in their later life because scientology drained that possibility from them with their greed.

THAT is scientology’s photographic story.

And I weep for all those children lost to scientology and all those families devoured for worldly gain.

You have chosen love, you will carry it with you always and you will never regret it.

Thank you so much for sharing your story and in doing so for helping us all to heal.

You have many sisters (and I am sure brothers) here. Do feel free to contact me any time.

w/<3

Denise

Last edited:

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
The true story of scientology is not told in all those pictures they flash around in their various promotions they send to you. Rather the true story of scientology is told in the empty photo albums, in the blank photos of children no longer with us, of grandchildren that were never born, of sad and lonely people who will never experience these absolute joys in their later life because scientology drained that possibility from them with their greed.

Beautifully written, and sad but so true! This should be passed on to a journalist/script writer. I can just see these lines crawling across the Big Screen at the beginning of a movie called "The True Story of Scientology". Very compelling!

Daisy

Patron with Honors
Hi and welcome. I believe I remember you. I started at snc decades ago. I'm Martha Greene. No longer in Santa Clara, but family still there. The best to you and your daughter. It's a brave move you have made. Nice to have you here.

BardoThodol

As a parent, I salute you. You never know how much you can love someone until you have a child. There's just something in us that's improved by having this little person to protect and look to their future. Just coming home from work, I used to always go in to make sure my daughter or son was still breathing--and being so relieved that they were.

That the (excuse me while I puke) CofS sees fit to shatter those bonds disgusts me.

I'm glad that sites like ESMB exist so that parents and exes can find information and support. Also, that when you've been out and think you're free only to find a piece of promo in the mail indicating they've found you becomes less of a threat when there are so many others who have had the same experience and are willing to support you.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
welcome157.jpg

Glad you are here and that you are sharing more of your story. ((HUGGS))

I looked around for your original alt.religion.scientology posts and found your profile which lists them, over at google groups. Here's a link:
http://groups.google.com/groups/pro...AD-JHaU26STKHCMN4J_8ASxWMj6vob75xS36mXc24h6ww

Best wishes,

Mary

ExElronComm

Patron
Hi and welcome. I believe I remember you. I started at snc decades ago. I'm Martha Greene. No longer in Santa Clara, but family still there. The best to you and your daughter. It's a brave move you have made. Nice to have you here.

Hi Martha. Thanks for the welcome. Your name is ringing bells and does sound very familiar. I find the more I read here the more comes back to me. It’s nice to find you here too. :happydance:

ExElronComm

Patron
welcome157.jpg

Glad you are here and that you are sharing more of your story. ((HUGGS))

I looked around for your original alt.religion.scientology posts and found your profile which lists them, over at google groups. Here's a link:
http://groups.google.com/groups/pro...AD-JHaU26STKHCMN4J_8ASxWMj6vob75xS36mXc24h6ww

Best wishes,

Mary

Thanks so much for the welcome Mary. ((HUGGS)) And, thanks for finding my earlier post. :thumbsup: I used to go in spurts of contact every so many years. Even seem to recall some on ICQ in the 90’s when I was lurking as ExLCSNC. The need to release seemed to come in waves over years. Thanks again Mary. :)