What's new

NEW - Old-timer Jacki Edwards speaking out.

xenusdad

Patron with Honors
My story is really quite dull: By some miracle I became one of the most highly trained people on the planet having done all the admin and tech training available at the time. Throw into the mix all the Missionaire training, Esto training etc, etc. I would say that my involvement was significant. Factually I enjoyed all of it. I had a ball. There were bad times of course but they were just experiences in what was often a totally insane environment being run by lunatics.

Most of the time I had fun and was doing what I loved most: auditing and cs'ing.

My departure was singularly undramatic. I parted company with the the place because they were going to remove me from post and assign me the RPF because I was in disagreement with the instructions that I had been given from Flag. At the time I was the Senior CS for Africa and had informed them that I had no intention of carrying out their instructions. This was not the first time I had actively disobeyed and refused to co-operate but I knew that it was to be the last time. I had recently returned after 9 months on Flag where the impact of the Happiness Rundown was starting to bite. This was the major schism of the early to mid 80's. Frankly the writing was on the wall.

The influence of the illiterate Commodore's Messenger Org was tangible and inescapable so the decision to leave was very easy.

I was not angry and upset and never felt betrayed. Probably because I knew that they could not take anything away from me. I had the training, I knew what I knew and nothing they did or threatened to do was going to change that. For some reason they took a long time to declare me and to this day I have never received any official notification from the Church.

I was prompted to see if there was any meaningful way I could contribute after 28 years because I have been contacted over the years by ex colleagues from the Church asking for help to get out of the C of S or help to come to terms with being out of the group.

The most recent contact was from someone who was very dear to me and their situation is quite upsetting to me. He has become disillusioned and wants to leave but is very afraid of the consequences of not having The Bridge available to him.

There is actually a lot to say and I would struggle to know where to begin in telling my story because it is not a horror story.

It always amazed me that the people in the Church were so tied into the dogma. From the very beginning I was acutely aware of the nonsense and often blatant contradictions. One of my favourites examples of complete bull@@t came from the my family circle: When she was sick it was because I was suppressive and when I was sick it was also because I was suppressive. At the time she had attained the state of Clear and had extensive training while I was still a novice. I knew that both statements could not be true: One of them might be true or neither. I later made up my own mind and concluded that the person in question was merely on a trip of their own still dramatising a case that they should have had had!!!

If anyone has any questions I will endeavour to answer as best I can.

This could be fun!!

Jacki Edwards

Last edited:
My story is really quite dull: ...

Not at all, sounds quite interesting. Welcome. Always good to hear from other departees from the '80s.

FWIW, I was minor mission staff and fairly recent public at a mission in California when I left at the end of '81. HRD was my final action while "in".

Mark A. Baker

TG1

Angelic Poster
Welcome, Xenu's Dad.

I'm a little confused about who you are. But welcome anyway.

TG1

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
xenusdad has been a Member here since May, 2009. He's usually VERY busy elsewhere but I'm always pleased to see him drop in here every now and then. :)

xenusdad

Patron with Honors
Lol! Well, the post has certainly created an effect!

I could have perhaps clarified this at first but Jacki is contacting me by email and I am re-posting the replies I get, with permission. They are happy to answer any questions, and indeed, want to, so if you have any, post them on here and I will forward. This person does not seem very internets savvy which is why it's happening like this.

Love <3

xenusdad

Terril park

Sponsor
I could have perhaps clarified this at first but Jacki is contacting me by email and I am re-posting the replies I get, with permission. They are happy to answer any questions, and indeed, want to, so if you have any, post them on here and I will forward. This person does not seem very internets savvy which is why it's happening like this.

Love <3

xenusdad

There are people in South Africa looking for auditors. Does
Jacki still audit?

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

Love <3

xenusdad

Thanks. Glad Jacki is speaking out and you are helping make that happen!

By "They" do you mean Jacki?

FWIW, it's best to use the quote function when quoting someone else :)

Looking forward to more!