What's new

Justice Committee, Constitution & Membership of IS Not-For-Profit Membership Org

Gib

Crusader
Perhaps you think of these people as "funny"-- but I say (verily, unto you) you must not be so quick to dismiss them as loser punchlines to a bad cult joke.

These are profoundly important people, deserving of far greater respect! Why? Because, it's not easy to save the entire planet whilst living in your mom's basement with nothing more than a dog-eared photo of Ron and the little perceptic wheel* from Self Analysis.

* Former Sea Org members reborn as "Indie Scientologists" carry a perceptic wheel with them at all times. In the event that they get "enturbulated" by wog "reality" that is "not real to them", they simply whip out their handy disc and recall pleasure moments from the good old theta days when insanity-free and criminality-free Ron was around and planetary clearing was happening pocketa-pocketa (on this planet) and so forth.

Self-analysis-1ed-1951-disk.jpg

That lil wheel only has 12 perceptions, front & back.

Everybody march to the Super Power building to take advantage of 57 perceptions.

don't forget, it's BYOO (bring your own oil)

Queenmab321

Patron Meritorious
The concept of "standard tech" is inane. It is entirely IMAGINARY. Anyone who thinks with that concept is mentally-handicapped in some way.

Hubbard was changing the Bridge and what made up the Bridge at EVERY POINT during his life with Scientology and Dianetics.

There was NEVER a fully-researched, complete and finalized version of the Bridge. THAT notion was ALL PR and LIES.

At every point in the history of Scientology he pushed the IDEA, and demanded full acceptance with the idea, that "the Bridge is here now". From KSW #1, we HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY. Hubbard always, at any point along the time track of the development of Scientology, painted the Bridge as done. But, in fact, at every point he was adding to it, taking away from it, and altering it in some way. THAT is the "truth".

So, this notion of "standard tech" is ONLY an IDEA. It doesn't exist, and it never existed. It is like people who choose to believe that the Easter Bunny or Unicorns actually really exist. They do, but ONLY in your mind; only in your over-active imagination.

It's no more or less inane than any other example of fundamentalist religion. Most conservative Protestant churches maintain a set of doctrines (sometimes tacitly, more often codified) based on a self contradictory set of ancient, "infallible" documents they call Holy Scripture, a canon, moreover, that was itself established by, you guessed it, a council. Milestone Two is just another Church. The Amish practice disconnection (shunning) and if I'm not mistaken, so do Jehovah's Witnesses, so also did the early Christians.

"I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators. Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world. But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolator, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one not to eat. For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within? But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person."

I Corinthians 5:9-13

Last edited:

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
CommunicatorIC addresses the new IS group on the "wog" issue.

CommunicatorIC addresses the new IS group on the "wog" issue.

http://www.iscientology.org/scientology-blog/468-milestone-two-disclaimer#comment-1920

# Paul M. Foster 2013-06-19 11:07

Indeed. The very existence of this group indicates OT action. It's been needed for some time and Lana and the others actually stepped up and did it. VWD for that.

My experience with founding and running groups is that there will be a few working on the objectives of the group, and a great many who are silent members. Of course, these were wog groups. Let's postulate that a group of Scientologists will do better.

# CommunicatorIC 2013-06-19 19:45

Quoting Paul M. Foster:
Of course, these were wog groups.
Paul,

Are you sure you want to start your new Independent Scientology Membership Community by condescendingly denigrating, disparaging and disrespecting "wogs?"

Is it really the best way to maintain a friendly environment to post such denigration, disparagement and disrespect of "wogs" on a public forum on the Internet?

I could go to the corporate Church of Scientology if I wanted my non-Scientologist friends disrespected as "wogs."

Normally, I would not attempt to post such contentious and disagreeable content here. I thought, however, that I should have the confront to post here what I would say (and indeed have said) elsewhere.

I also think your community may want to give some thought to your group's use of the term "wog," particularly in the context where the clear implication is that wogs (and "wog groups") are inferior.

-- CommunicatorIC

CommunicatorIC

Re: CommunicatorIC addresses the new IS group on the "wog" issue.

Has anyone every been offended by a Scientologist calling them a Wog?

It's kind of like a North Korean using derogatory terms to describe Westerners, all you can do is feel sorry for them.
Even if I wasn't personally offended, I would still object to the use of the word "wog" to denigrate, disparage and disrespect other non-Scientologists.

In addition, I object to the condescending (and unwarranted) assumption of superiority. I object to Paul looking down his nose at mere "wog groups."

It smacks -- and indeed smells -- far too much like Homo Novis. And Homo Novis looking down their noses at poor, degraded "Homo Sap."

Gadfly

Crusader

Even if I wasn't personally offended, I would still object to the use of the word "wog" to denigrate, disparage and disrespect other non-Scientologists.

In addition, I object to the condescending (and unwarranted) assumption of superiority. I object to Paul looking down his nose at mere "wog groups."

It smacks -- and indeed smells -- far too much like Homo Novis. And Homo Novis looking down their noses at poor, degraded "Homo Sap."

Elitism and condescension are DEEPLY interwoven into the subject and practices of Scientology.

A great deal of editing and removing of materials would be necessary to fully remove THOSE attributes from the subject, practices and from the followers.

The basic ideas that "all Mankind is degraded in its current state", and that "Scientologists are the elite" contains the germ of such a viewpoint. But, similar ideas can be found strewn all throughout the subject materials of Scientology.

Scientology produce "super advanced aware beings", and nobody else does (so they imagine and believe).

Arrogance and Know-Best usually goes hand-in-hand with Scientology and Scientologists.

They are just so damned "certain"! :duh: (see my signature line below)

Last edited:

The entire point of participating in the role playing game of Scientology is to pretend you're better than everyone who has not got to the game level you are currently at. You are not only supposed to look down on non-Scientologists, you are supposed to look down on Scientologists who are beneath you too. If you take that away and treat everyone as equals it defeats the entire purpose of wasting all that time and money.

Gib

Crusader

The entire point of participating in the role playing game of Scientology is to pretend you're better than everyone who has not got to the game level you are currently at.
You are not only supposed to look down on non-Scientologists, you are supposed to look down on Scientologists who are beneath you too. If you take that away and treat everyone as equals it defeats the entire purpose of wasting all that time and money.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

IAS status is who has contributed the most money.

Boy, ain't that special.

Bridge level. I'm OT8, ain't I special, I know the secrets of the universe. :roflmao:

Elitism and condescension are DEEPLY interwoven into the subject and practices of Scientology.

A great deal of editing and removing of materials would be necessary to fully remove THOSE attributes from the subject, practices and from the followers.

The basic ideas that "all Mankind is degraded in its current state", and that "Scientologists are the elite" contains the germ of such a viewpoint. But, similar ideas can be found strewn all throughout the subject materials of Scientology.

They produce "super advanced aware beings", and nobody else does (so they imagine and believe).

Arrogance and Know-Best usually goes hand-in-hand with Scientology and Scientologists.

They are just so damned "certain"! :duh: (see my signature line below)

i think this is being hypercritical

i was not one to use the word wog at all when i was in but there's little to bitch about in it's benign usage. point of fact it ain't "elitist" to want to step up in class one way or another. i recall very little derogatory sense to "wog" unlike nigger or kike or spic, it was just a prodding to wake the fuck up and be something more than a somnambulist plodding and fumbling through life

Gib

Crusader

The entire point of participating in the role playing game of Scientology is to pretend you're better than everyone who has not got to the game level you are currently at. You are not only supposed to look down on non-Scientologists, you are supposed to look down on Scientologists who are beneath you too. If you take that away and treat everyone as equals it defeats the entire purpose of wasting all that time and money.

oh, one other thing Chuck. I forgot to tell you, because I am way up the bridge and know the secrets of the universe,

why we must keep it a secret.

We can't let the mortal earthlings know until they have paid money, those evil 12 bankers, think they have a monopoly on it, money. But we'll show them a thing or two.

One has to do the bridge before we can reveal the secret. :thumbsup:

CommunicatorIC

i was not one to use the word wog at all when i was in but there's little to bitch about in it's benign usage. point of fact it ain't "elitist" to want to step up in class one way or another. i recall very little derogatory sense to "wog" unlike nigger or kike or spic, it was just a prodding to wake the fuck up and be something more than a somnambulist plodding and fumbling through life
Your recollection is very different than mine. Indeed, I don't recall any use of the word "wog" that was not derogatory, or that was "benign."

Let's consider the Reference.com definition:
wog [wog]

noun Chiefly British Slang: Disparaging and Offensive.

any nonwhite, especially a dark-skinned native of the Middle East or Southeast Asia.

Origin:

1925–30; perhaps shortening of golliwogg
Let's consider the Merriam-Webster definition:
Definition of WOG

chiefly British usually disparaging

: a dark-skinned foreigner; especially : one from the Middle East or Far East

Origin of WOG

perhaps short for golliwog
First Known Use: circa 1929
Yes, I'm sure Ron chose the racist word "wog" to label non-Scientologists because the word was so benign and clearly in-offensive.

And I'm sure, given the above, that Scientologists didn't and don't use the word to denote and imply the inferiority of non-Scientologists.

Then again, let's consider the OP I responded to on the iScientology blog:
Indeed. The very existence of this group indicates OT action. It's been needed for some time and Lana and the others actually stepped up and did it. VWD for that.

My experience with founding and running groups is that there will be a few working on the objectives of the group, and a great many who are silent members. Of course, these were wog groups. Let's postulate that a group of Scientologists will do better.
Nope, no implication of "wog" inferiority there.

Gadfly

Crusader

I didn't mention the word "wog" in my post at all. But since you did . . . .

What I was referring to was the way SO MANY Scientologists assumed an air of superiority while denigrating "wog justice", "wog education", "wog ethics", "wog governments", "wog administration", "wog religions", and on and on. Hubbard pretty much pisses on every aspect of modern society, always implying that HIS brilliant spewing were better, more accurate, and just RIGHT. Simply, to me, Hubbard was a pompous ass, and many of his followers manifested (mimicked, dramatized) the same lame character traits.

I don't think what I said was hypercritical at all. I saw the elitist attitude all around me with Scientologists - frequently. It was common and not at all restrained or hidden (at least not among the usual gung-ho true believers).

For example, I would hear Scientologists who had NO education in science (which I did) talk as if they knew more than REAL scientists because LRH claimed that he figured out the very BASIS of what lies behind the very laws of Nature. Or, to hear some semi-educated Scientologist rail on about the flaws of philosophy, simply parroting what Hubbard said about "those who never get out and live life, and only study ideas in closed ivory towers".

Queenmab321

Patron Meritorious

I didn't mention the word "wog" in my post at all. But since you did . . . .

What I was referring to was the way SO MANY Scientologists assumed an air of superiority while denigrating "wog justice", "wog education", "wog ethics", "wog governments", "wog administration", "wog religions", and on and on. Hubbard pretty much pisses on every aspect of modern society, always implying that HIS brilliant spewing were better, more accurate, and just RIGHT. Simply, to me, Hubbard was a pompous ass, and many of his followers manifested (mimicked, dramatized) the same lame character traits.

I don't think what I said was hypercritical at all. I saw the elitist attitude all around me with Scientologists - frequently. It was common and not at all restrained or hidden (at least not among the usual gung-ho true believers).

For example, I would hear Scientologists who had NO education in science (which I did) talk as if they knew more than REAL scientists because LRH claimed that he figured out the very BASIS of what lies behind the very laws of Nature. Or, to hear some semi-educated Scientologist rail on about the flaws of philosophy, simply parroting what Hubbard said about "those who never get out and live life, and only study ideas in closed ivory towers".

Interestingly, this Milestone Two constitution owes a great deal to the wog founders of the United States. A great deal, but not nearly enough.

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron

Interestingly, this Milestone Two constitution owes a great deal to the wog founders of the United States. A great deal, but not nearly enough.

Rather than wog, I prefer the only-slightly-disparaging term earthworm. Or as Captain Bill said, meatball.

Helena

Queenmab321

Patron Meritorious

I'd say it's closer to "heathen," "infidel" or "the damned." On the lips of Scientologists, it is comically supercilious. Because of my great fondness for irony, I can't bring myself to resent it.

CommunicatorIC

I'd say it's closer to "heathen," "infidel" or "the damned." On the lips of Scientologists, it is comically supercilious. Because of my great fondness for irony, I can't bring myself to resent it.
In today's world, people are called "infidels" prior to being blown up or shot.

Previously, "heathens" had their land stolen, as well as their children taken away and forbidden to speak their native language in school.

I don't understand your point about irony. Is it that the insulting behavior and speech of Scientologists (corporate and Indie), albeit intentional, are somehow excused because their belief in their own superiority is so pathetically delusional? That if someone refers to me, or my loved ones, in an insulting way, and does so intentionally, I am bound to give him a pass because I know he is wrong?

I don't think so.

EDITED TO ADD:

Historically, people have been labeled with and called such pejorative terms -- infidel, heathen, wog -- as a means of differentiating them as "other" and "lesser," therefore justifying treating them as "other and lesser" and/or taking away their rights.

Not that Scientology would ever do that.

Hmmmm, could somebody help me? What is supposed to happen to people who are below 2.0 on the Tone Scale?

Last edited:

I think the term 'wog' may have seemed more or less benign according to which culture you grew up in, and whether or not you were the user or the referent for the term. A also think that the use of the term 'wog' would have become less and less benign to those who did not grow up in a culture where it was often used, if scientology had become as widespread as scientologists hoped it would.

EDIT: But why should I bother explaining that to a cult whitewasher?

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation

snipped...

Hmmmm, could somebody help me? What is supposed to happen to people who are below 2.0 on the Tone Scale?

They're quietly given 'enough rope' and they er ... hang themselves, just as the Indies eventually will (so stop helping them with their 'PR').​

:coolwink:

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well you meatballs sure are busy yacking and not hip hip hoorayin the fact that HellofaHoax posted !!! Yay!

Milestone 2, what a completely stupid name. Poor bastards haven't got the balls to call it The Reformed Church of Scientology.

I have a feeling MS2 will go about as far as DM's GAT 2.

Not off to a good start being KSWers and all. Destined for fail. MS2 - newest edition of the Scilon Buggy Whipper Association.

They forgot to mention ranks and uniforms and how they're gonna get all those secret "advices" out of mad lil davey's paws. I'm sure Security Branch I will figure it out. Who's heading up MS2-OSA I wonder?