What's new

Canberra Org

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
OEO and I strolled by the Canberra Org on Sunday, and there was no activity just a door open.... surprisingly there was no tumble weeds blowing by :biggrin:

You know what I LOVE about Scientology is its ZERO influence, activity and presence here and in the rest of Australia.... how it keeps going is beyond me ... its endurance is incredible .... however there's no accounting for stupidity :roflmao::roflmao:

Didn't you know?:omg:

We are getting closer and closer to having every org in ANZO ideal - just like Canberra is right now:biggrin:

I like that the orgs are somehow kept open - it reminds the rest of the population that this toxic cult still has slaves who blindly follow The Runt. It means Woman's Day stories like their latest on Anette Iren Johansen being interviewed for Top Gun's wife are still relevant to all of us living here.:roflmao:

No fun in a dead cult:hysterical:

AnonKat

Crusader

We are getting closer and closer to having every org in ANZO ideal - just like Canberra is right now:biggrin:

I like that the orgs are somehow kept open - it reminds the rest of the population that this toxic cult still has slaves who blindly follow The Runt. It means Woman's Day stories like their latest on Anette Iren Johansen being interviewed for Top Gun's wife are still relevant to all of us living here.:roflmao:

Scientology: The Dead Cult Sketch

[video=youtube;B4fy2N6pn7Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4fy2N6pn7Y[/video]

Purple Rain

Crusader

Canberra Org has been ideal for several decades now. I think it's in power as an ideal org! It truly belongs in The Book of Heroic Failures.

RogerB

Crusader
So, from what I'm reading here, the Canberra Org is empty, failed, ridiculed and avoided like the plague by the local citizens . . . seems "ideal" to me :biggrin:

So what's all this complaint about the "ideal" org in Canberra for :p

Rog

Happy Days

Silver Meritorious Patron
Well as you know Roger.... CoS Management ANZO sent Nick Broadhurst (OSA and Ex Church President) down to get the stats up, clean up the field and leave his mark on Canberra in preparation for an Ideal Org ... but the only mark left was a big fat boot print on Nick's arse as they booted him off post and it seems out of the SO. :roflmao::roflmao:

So I would like to thank Nick for the Ideal Org scene in Canberra and also for leaving a detailed hat write up for the incoming ED seems he's following it to the letter :hysterical:.....

Purple Rain

Crusader
Well as you know Roger.... CoS Management ANZO sent Nick Broadhurst (OSA and Ex Church President) down to get the stats up, clean up the field and leave his mark on Canberra in preparation for an Ideal Org ... but the only mark left was a big fat boot print on Nick's arse as they booted him off post and it seems out of the SO. :roflmao::roflmao:

So I would like to thank Nick for the Ideal Org scene in Canberra and also for leaving a detailed hat write up for the incoming ED seems he's following it to the letter :hysterical:.....

Who is the ED there now?

Happy Days

Silver Meritorious Patron
I believe it's some pleb from Gold, I have the details somewhere of who .... obviously not a high level SO member, they tried that with Nick and that was a big fat fail.

Being sent to Canberra is like being assigned to watching paint dry .... the zero activity would drive a normal person absolutely bonkers but SO members may enjoy the freedom of being in Canberra, coming and going.... enjoy not being under constant security, a perfect way to make one's exit ... look at what happen with Jenna and Dallas Hill, Rose Kleitsch :biggrin:

Must bear in mind that Broadhurst has been gone a while now there may have been another change at the helm since the guy from Gold ... will find out :coolwink:

Purple Rain

Crusader
I believe it's some pleb from Gold, I have the details somewhere of who .... obviously not a high level SO member, they tried that with Nick and that was a big fat fail.

Being sent to Canberra is like being assigned to watching paint dry .... the zero activity would drive a normal person absolutely bonkers but SO members may enjoy the freedom of being in Canberra, coming and going.... enjoy not being under constant security, a perfect way to make one's exit ... look at what happen with Jenna and Dallas Hill, Rose Kleitsch :biggrin:

Must bear in mind that Broadhurst has been gone a while now there may have been another change at the helm since the guy from Gold ... will find out :coolwink:

Canberra is brilliant! It just defeats them all! It would be great to get a bit of goss on the current ED! Thanks!!

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Quoting myself, quoting John Duignan from a much earlier time:

John Duignan mentioned in his book, The Complex.
On page 164, discussing the Hubbard method of statistical management of the CofS he says,

"Despite the Founder's insistence that an accurate statistical analysis would solve all the organisational problems and cause a huge boom in income and delivery, the real reason these little churches remained impoverished was simply that the general public did not, never had and never would like Scientology."

I think that is as good as it gets in terms of explaining these things. :)

RogerB

Crusader

OOooo! I see they are still applying that clever, so workable tech they have and so love to use, that bash and trash tech that works so wonderfully well at eliminating everything in sight that their dull little minds sees as something to eliminate.

Seems ideal to me :biggrin::p . . . what a wonderfully well done: still no bodies in the shop! :) And one less productive staffer! :clap: Way to go, cult! :yes:

R

Purple Rain

Crusader
OOooo! I see they are still applying that clever, so workable tech they have and so love to use, that bash and trash tech that works so wonderfully well at eliminating everything in sight that their dull little minds sees as something to eliminate.

Seems ideal to me :biggrin::p . . . what a wonderfully well done: still no bodies in the shop! :) And one less productive staffer! :clap: Way to go, cult! :yes:

R

Canberra just lines 'em up and knocks 'em down! It may be the SP capital of the known universe!

RogerB

Crusader
Canberra just lines 'em up and knocks 'em down! It may be the SP capital of the known universe!

Of course, what I remember of Canberra, it is/was about the most boring city in the known universe! :hysterical:

No wonder it is the poster child of cult fail . . . way to go cult screw yourselves up trying to make it anything else! :yes:

Rog

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
Of course, what I remember of Canberra, it is/was about the most boring city in the known universe! :hysterical:

No wonder it is the poster child of cult fail . . . way to go cult screw yourselves up trying to make it anything else! :yes:

Rog

well Rog you have obviously never been to Harlow New Town... or Milton Keynes.

Purple Rain

Crusader

Rog

Maybe. Canberra is a nice family place that is great if you have friends. It can be hard to get a cup of coffee in town after 10pm, though.

Feral

Rogue male

Rog

Canberra was as dead as a doornail when I was a kid, I hated going there, it was also a 'new' town and hadn't developed the usual avenues for entertainment that are taken for granted elsewhere. Things have changed since and it's 'come of age'. Lots to see and do and a nice place to visit now.

RogerB

Crusader
Canberra was as dead as a doornail when I was a kid, I hated going there, it was also a 'new' town and hadn't developed the usual avenues for entertainment that are taken for granted elsewhere. Things have changed since and it's 'come of age'. Lots to see and do and a nice place to visit now.

Yes, 'tis true, Feral . . . I have to admit my remembrance of the place is 60+ years old :melodramatic: . . . I do remember it had a nice lake :biggrin:

The other thing I remember about it is that, being the Capital City of Oz, it's a town filled with self-important civil servant and government types . . . including the embassies. Now, if you want boring, get among that lot for "good company." :biggrin:

R

Purple Rain

Crusader
Yes, 'tis true, Feral . . . I have to admit my remembrance of the place is 60+ years old :melodramatic: . . . I do remember it had a nice lake :biggrin:

The other thing I remember about it is that, being the Capital City of Oz, it's a town filled with self-important civil servant and government types . . . including the embassies. Now, if you want boring, get among that lot for "good company." :biggrin:

R

Which civil servants did you know that were self-important?

My mum was a public servant and she worked hard every day she was there. Most of my friends have worked or are working in the public service. Some of the smartest and most interesting people I have known have been politicians or public servants.

However, 267 politicians - most of whom don't even live here - out of a town of 379,600 people is really a minute fraction of the population.

I love our public servants. I am usually treated with great courtesy and respect and an attitude of genuine helpfulness. I have been grateful for their assistance on many occasions in my life and I appreciate the fact that they don't just do their job - they often seem to care about doing it well.

Edit: Also, it is precisely because the population is so educated and skeptical that Scientology has such difficulty gaining a foothold. The emphasis even in our secondary schools is on critical thinking, critical thinking, critical thinking - long before people even get to university.

RogerB

Crusader
Well, Purple :)

Two points . . . 1. It seems we are talking of generational differences here. There was a time in Oz, and certainly so when I grew up there that certain "types" who got into "positions" thought of themselves as SOooo superior, and the Canberra I knew in the early '60's was stuffed full of them. But then, I had to deal with those that thought of themselves as being the "mucky-mucks." They weren't the work-a-day brigade.

2. When I was out in Oz in '76 on an assignment (for Kerry Packer, now deceased) I was delighted by the real and true Ozzies working in the government office I had to deal with in Sydney. These were the true blue, dinky-die types who knew what they were doing and happily made no problem of anything asked of them. In fact, I recall being so charmed and surprised to get a reply from one young lady when I asked for what I wanted: "No problem!" She said . . . It quite blew me away, as I'd become accustomed to dealing with the British civil servants . . . now if you want to talk "dreary" . . . there's a topic! :yes:

Rog

Purple Rain

Crusader
Well, Purple :)

Two points . . . 1. It seems we are talking of generational differences here. There was a time in Oz, and certainly so when I grew up there that certain "types" who got into "positions" thought of themselves as SOooo superior, and the Canberra I knew in the early '60's was stuffed full of them. But then, I had to deal with those that thought of themselves as being the "mucky-mucks." They weren't the work-a-day brigade.

2. When I was out in Oz in '76 on an assignment (for Kerry Packer, now deceased) I was delighted by the real and true Ozzies working in the government office I had to deal with in Sydney. These were the true blue, dinky-die types who knew what they were doing and happily made no problem of anything asked of them. In fact, I recall being so charmed and surprised to get a reply from one young lady when I asked for what I wanted: "No problem!" She said . . . It quite blew me away, as I'd become accustomed to dealing with the British civil servants . . . now if you want to talk "dreary" . . . there's a topic! :yes:

Rog

Well, I cannot, and dare not, comment on British civil servants as I have not dealt with them - except a delightful woman from Hants who sent me a copy of my birth certificate. I have found the contrast in service in America quite startling, although you can and do still get some very good people both corporately and in the government agencies. The man who mailed my postal vote for me the other day, for example, was just so lovely about everything, as were the customs people doing my immigration interview.