What's new

I Am Not Anonymous

Lynn Fountain Campbell

Silver Meritorious Patron
Hi Lynn!
Lakey here. I just noticed a lot of posting going on your thread and decided to check it out. You have always being really good about posting nice things on my threads and I do believe that I have not read your thread at all so I am going to read it now and return the favor you did by reading mine. As I recall, we have some common history at the Apollo or something. I will read the first couple of chapters now.
Lakey

Hi Lakey. Yes, I was at the Apollo in 1975-76, during the historic move to the Flag Land Base, but I haven't gotten into that part of my story yet. Lot of mixed emotions there. It was a very intense experience, as I'm sure you can imagine. And I really don't know where to begin talking about all that.

Part of it consisted of doing research auditing under the old man himself on what eventually became the New Vitality Rundown, and I thought he was some kind of a god. Boy, was I naive.

Lynn

lkwdblds

Crusader
Hi Lakey. Yes, I was at the Apollo in 1975-76, during the historic move to the Flag Land Base, but I haven't gotten into that part of my story yet. Lot of mixed emotions there. It was a very intense experience, as I'm sure you can imagine. And I really don't know where to begin talking about all that.

Part of it consisted of doing research auditing under the old man himself on what eventually became the New Vitality Rundown, and I thought he was some kind of a god. Boy, was I naive.

Lynn

Lynn - You weren't the only one who thought Hubbard was God like. Pretty much all of us were taken in. And yes, you have to give the Devil his due, some of the things which the man did seemed quite brilliant and people seemed to get major wins from them. With the prevailing opinion aboard the ship being that he was inspired, Godlike and the only man of Earth who could salvage the planet, it took a lot of honest perception to see through the good and the bad and figure out what was actually going on. In everything he did there was a dichotomy, he would state one policy and force everyone to follow it and then not apply it himself or not let ohers apply it if it led others to think independently. Someone might benefit from some auditing but then be would also treat staff like animals or worse as far as the staff members other dynamics. After years of research to break through the phoney shore stories, one can form an opinion of what was actually happening. It seems to me that first and foremost, Hubbard was working for his own aggrandizement, to stamp his name into the history books of Earth in a very big manor. Anyone who got in his way or attempted to share some of the limelight with him was ruthelessly thrown out. He sought to introduce tech which would give individuals more abilities but only if those abilities were used to flow power back to him and build him up in his quest to take control of the governments of Earth and make Earth a Scientology run planet.

I would really like to hear your story of the transition of Flag from a Sea going dirty and off policy ship, which I experienced, (no hat packs, mostly unfriendly intimidated crew, people assigned major high level jobs without any attempt to see that they had the training for those jobs, etc.) to a well run, well greased Org based in Clearwater, using so many of those formerly confused, cowed and inept staff from the last days of the Apollo. It would be great if you could tell the story of this transitional period including the development of the New Vitality Rundown and how the crew from the Apollo was transformed into the crew of the Flag Land Base. That is still a gap in my Scientology knowledge and you are one of the few who could fill it, so please do us the honor of writing that story.
Lakey

Lynn Fountain Campbell

Lynn - You weren't the only one who thought Hubbard was God like. Pretty much all of us were taken in. And yes, you have to give the Devil his due, some of the things which the man did seemed quite brilliant and people seemed to get major wins from them. With the prevailing opinion aboard the ship being that he was inspired, Godlike and the only man of Earth who could salvage the planet, it took a lot of honest perception to see through the good and the bad and figure out what was actually going on. In everything he did there was a dichotomy, he would state one policy and force everyone to follow it and then not apply it himself or not let ohers apply it if it led others to think independently. Someone might benefit from some auditing but then be would also treat staff like animals or worse as far as the staff members other dynamics. After years of research to break through the phoney shore stories, one can form an opinion of what was actually happening. It seems to me that first and foremost, Hubbard was working for his own aggrandizement, to stamp his name into the history books of Earth in a very big manor. Anyone who got in his way or attempted to share some of the limelight with him was ruthelessly thrown out. He sought to introduce tech which would give individuals more abilities but only if those abilities were used to flow power back to him and build him up in his quest to take control of the governments of Earth and make Earth a Scientology run planet.

I would really like to hear your story of the transition of Flag from a Sea going dirty and off policy ship, which I experienced, (no hat packs, mostly unfriendly intimidated crew, people assigned major high level jobs without any attempt to see that they had the training for those jobs, etc.) to a well run, well greased Org based in Clearwater, using so many of those formerly confused, cowed and inept staff from the last days of the Apollo. It would be great if you could tell the story of this transitional period including the development of the New Vitality Rundown and how the crew from the Apollo was transformed into the crew of the Flag Land Base. That is still a gap in my Scientology knowledge and you are one of the few who could fill it, so please do us the honor of writing that story.
Lakey

Thanks for your interest, Lakey. I'd be happy to write it all down, if I could only find the time. (How do you do it?!?) There are a couple of things that I'm having to spend time on right now that are taking priority, and that's why my presence on the board is intermittent at best. Soon maybe.

Lynn

jenni with an eye

Today when I got to the shop, I had two flyers posted on my windows -- one on each side, above my "Free Speech" and "Reconnect" flyers. They've been copied from page 151 of some book. They both said the same thing:

"RESPECT THE RELIGIOUS BELIEFS OF OTHERS
Tolerance is a
good cornerstone on which to build
human relationships. When one views
the slaughter and suffering caused by
religious intolerance down all the history of Man
and into modern times, one can see
that intolerance is a very non-survival activity.

Religious tolerance does not mean
one cannot express his own beliefs.
It does mean that seeking to undermine
or attack the religious faith and beliefs of another
has always been a short road to trouble"*​

Hm. Is that a threat? Should I be scared? Intimidated? Shuddered into silence? Or just bask in the glory of fifteen more minutes of fame on the internet. :D

Lynn

*emphasis mine
Hi Lynn,
I was just working my way through your thread & came upon this.
I find it so amusing that the cofs spews the idea that they (cofs) are a victim of religious intolerance every opportunity it gets.
At the same time that is the exact thing that the cofs does to every other religion and especially to any individual that dares to decide they don't want to be a part of scientology any more.

lkwdblds

Crusader
I'll wait patiently for the story.

Thanks for your interest, Lakey. I'd be happy to write it all down, if I could only find the time. (How do you do it?!?) There are a couple of things that I'm having to spend time on right now that are taking priority, and that's why my presence on the board is intermittent at best. Soon maybe.

Lynn

Thanks for the reply Lynn. When you get the time, please write it up, that gives we historian types something big to look forward to. I'll wait patiently, I hope you can get to the story sooner rather later.
Lakey

P.S. - I found Jenni's story about religious intolerance rather interesting as well. I believe in most instances, we exes do not undermine or attack the religious beliefs of those still in. Quite the contraray, having once strongly held those beliefs ourselves we would still fight for the rights of those who still believe in Scn as their religion to practice their religion. What we are asking is only that C of S management clean up their human rights abuses, which is a completely separate matter.
Lakey

Last edited:

Lynn

Well, Darling, as we Pagans have always known, gods come in all kinds of shapes & styles. Egypt had a red-headed god who in later years was regarded as not someone you wanted to have 'round for tea. :coolwink:

Mark A. Baker
p.s. Besides, men like it when beautiful women such as yourself believe what they're told. :whistling:

Lynn Fountain Campbell

Lynn Fountain Campbell

Hi Lynn,
I was just working my way through your thread & came upon this.
I find it so amusing that the cofs spews the idea that they (cofs) are a victim of religious intolerance every opportunity it gets.
At the same time that is the exact thing that the cofs does to every other religion and especially to any individual that dares to decide they don't want to be a part of scientology any more.

That's exactly right, jenni. And what makes it even worse is that they think people are too stupid to see the truth of who they are and what they're doing. Sad to say, they really think they're superior to everyone else.

Lynn

Lynn Fountain Campbell

Well, Darling, as we Pagans have always known, gods come in all kinds of shapes & styles. Egypt had a red-headed god who in later years was regarded as not someone you wanted to have 'round for tea. :coolwink:

Trying to remember which one that was. :confused2:

Mark A. Baker
p.s. Besides, men like it when beautiful women such as yourself believe what they're told. :whistling:

:blush: Oh, Mark! You've once again rendered me speechless. :giggle:

Lynn

Lynn Fountain Campbell

H-A-A-ALP! Somebody stole my sign!

I'm having some work done at my shop, and when the construction guys were there today, they had the door unlocked, and somebody (I wonder who it could have been :coolwink:) came in and stole the sign I've had in the window for four years with Chuck Beatty's phone number on it.

Guess it must have been effective, huh. :biggrin:

ShearPerfectionSign.jpg

Lynn

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
YOIKS!! :omg:

You must be doing something right, Lynn.

I just spoke to her and she (nor I) Know how to make these signs.

Could someone help her and plz make a sign just like that and bring it to her?

Plz PM Lynn if you can.

:thankyou: ALL and :grouphug: love to you, Lynn and all,

Tory/Magoo

PS: OSA...If this is your best shot for upping stats, you guys remain EPIC FAIL!!

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
Keep on rocking it! You know, I met you once, and I don't know if it was when I was in or out or in-between, but I remember you being amazingly delightful.... I know that I wish I met you earlier so you could do my hair, but I was leaving town that afternoon and couldn't swing it at the time.

Dean Blair

Hello Lynn. I am happy to see you are still being a thorn in their side. I remember you well from when I bought three Guy Fawkes masks from you at your shop so that I and some friends could protest at Big Blue. I am living in Austin, TX now but had been at some protests with you and Tory Magoo. I hope that you get that sign back up and can continue your effective dissemination.

When I first began reading here at ESMB yours was one of the first posts I read. Like you, I decided to not be anonymous as well and posted as myself. Thank you.

Lynn Fountain Campbell

Hello Lynn. I am happy to see you are still being a thorn in their side. I remember you well from when I bought three Guy Fawkes masks from you at your shop so that I and some friends could protest at Big Blue. I am living in Austin, TX now but had been at some protests with you and Tory Magoo. I hope that you get that sign back up and can continue your effective dissemination.

When I first began reading here at ESMB yours was one of the first posts I read. Like you, I decided to not be anonymous as well and posted as myself. Thank you.

Yes, I remember you, Dean. And as a good friend of mine says (instead of being a thorn in their side): "As they slide down the bannister of life, may you continue to be a splinter in their butt."

Lynn