What's new

New Staff Contract and Non-disclosure Agreement

Gib

Crusader
It was at the Underground Bunker. Tony Ortega, does not reveal his sources. A good reporter NEVER reveals his/her sources!

LINK - http://tonyortega.org/2014/02/23/su...scientology-staff-workers-and-we-have-a-copy/

There is also a hidden, us laymen do not know or think with,

and that is,

for Tony O to post the documents he posts on his blog,

must be truthful, otherwise the COS would sue him,

so Tony O has to be careful in that he posts "real" documents, and not hearsay documents or facts or data.

Since the COS will sue anybody for posting false info

Right?

J. Swift

Patron with Honors
Nowhere does the new staff contract or non-disparagement agreement call for their terms to be clay demo'd or word cleared. Therefore, by the Cult's own logic and doctrine, these documents cannot possibly understood by anyone signing them. :duh:

Checkmate Scientology.

:roflmao:

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
Talk about fucking Suppression - Scientology suppresses the crap out of its members...it is almost too hard to read that staff contract - just bat shit crazy!

Scientology ~ stealing, on a gradient ...(and lately not on a gradient) ... your freedom, your soul, your money, your family, your children, your friends, your business, your identity, your ability to think for yourself and now YOUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS - FREEDOM OF SPEECH!!

What's there not to love about Scientology? :whistling: I just don't get it ....why are people not coming into the Ideal Orgs - in droves:duh:

$25,000 fine per occurance of speaking anything negative about Scientology or Scientologist's after one leaves? Oh my - had I signed that contract they would have me for about $5,352,210 after this post!!

Sure glad I kept my mind, my soul, my identity, my money, my family and friends, my business, my ability to think for myself and my constitutional right to speak freely about the evil cult of Scientology.

I got out of the CULT - YOU CAN TOO!! Just walk out the door and never look back. It will destroy you all for absolutely nothing!!

Fuck you Scientology - you evil cult!:yes: I just love to excercise my FREEDOM OF SPEECH!! Hip Hip Hooray ~ and fuck you too OSA! You idiots!

Ho Tai

Patron Meritorious
I've been wondering how I would have reacted to the NDA when I was in. There was absolutely a time, most or all of my time on staff, when it was beyond my ability to imagine how I would have ever done anything to speak against or otherwise harm the "church". I was in for the long haul and I don't think I would have hesitated long, if at all, to sign the thing. It would have been a piece of paper that was directed at others, not myself, a respected staff member and OL. It is embarrassing to say this, but it is probably true. Not until confronted with the "disconnect from family or GTFO" choice did my eyes finally open.

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
I've been wondering how I would have reacted to the NDA when I was in. There was absolutely a time, most or all of my time on staff, when it was beyond my ability to imagine how I would have ever done anything to speak against or otherwise harm the "church". I was in for the long haul and I don't think I would have hesitated long, if at all, to sign the thing. It would have been a piece of paper that was directed at others, not myself, a respected staff member and OL. It is embarrassing to say this, but it is probably true. Not until confronted with the "disconnect from family or GTFO" choice did my eyes finally open.

That is what mind controlling cults do - they say it is the Psychs that precipitated this NDA contract....and it is REALLY SCIENTOLOGY that created the entire thing.

Just think if Scientology never hurt anyone - there would be no need for this!

Too bad these poor people will get trapped into signing it...they will "trust" - top o the tone scale. Once they figure out they have been betrayed - then they will know what these contracts are all about!!

Clever little scam - keep their secrets - secret!

aegerprimo

Summa Cum Laude
Re: New Staff Contract and Non-disclosure Agreemen

There is also a hidden, us laymen do not know or think with,

and that is,

for Tony O to post the documents he posts on his blog,

must be truthful, otherwise the COS would sue him,

so Tony O has to be careful in that he posts "real" documents, and not hearsay documents or facts or data.

Since the COS will sue anybody for posting false info

Right?
Tony O also provided actual scans of the documents on his blog.

I was going to post the pics, but here are the links instead.

The contract:
http://tonyortega.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/StaffContract1-e1393105168204.jpg
http://tonyortega.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/StaffContract2-e1393105219685.jpg
http://tonyortega.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/StaffContract3-e1393105271483.jpg
http://tonyortega.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/StaffContract4-e1393105313367.jpg

The NDA:
http://tonyortega.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Disparagement1.jpg
http://tonyortega.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Disparagement2.jpg
http://tonyortega.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Disparagement3.jpg
http://tonyortega.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Disparagement4.jpg

These are hard to read. YMMV.

The Sloth

Patron with Honors
The thing about this, PER THE TECH, is that it is guaranteed to crater staff cases and morale, and stick them in DM's "mutual out ruds" society. The fundamental basic of auditing is "itsa". This effectively cuts the "itsa" line, blocking any further possibility of case gain.

So much for RTC being the "guarantor of standard tech". Damnatio Memoriae is not enough once this "popus twiticus" is gone.

It is a good thing that criminals telegraph their intent.

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron

Looking at this and musing for a moment I get 3 things

• The Church is suffering big time from whistleblowers and wants to clamp it down meaningfully
  • The Church is aware that secretive, must-not-be-disclosed, dirty and unlawful things occur, as it is
    almost expecting some will leave and sing like a canary.
  • The Church believes its "psych ops" works, because it imprisons people mentally to BELIEVE they can sign away their 1st amendment. It is unenforceable

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
The thing about this, PER THE TECH, is that it is guaranteed to crater staff cases and morale, and stick them in DM's "mutual out ruds" society. The fundamental basic of auditing is "itsa". This effectively cuts the "itsa" line, blocking any further possibility of case gain.

So much for RTC being the "guarantor of standard tech". Damnatio Memoriae is not enough once this "popus twiticus" is gone.

It is a good thing that criminals telegraph their intent.
I don't think so. Ok you are right "per the tech," but I think almost no one will be cratered.

I predict that 99% won''t read it. They will just sign whatever is shoved is front of them.

0.9% will read it and sign it.

Maybe 0.1% will read it and balk. 0.09% will cave to the "greatest good for the greatest number of dynamics," the sunk cost fallacy, and, if necessary, the threat of disconnection. The other 0.01% will balk and ultimately leave.

Just a prediction. YMMV.

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
I don't think so. Ok you are right "per the tech," but I think almost no one will be cratered.

I predict that 99% won''t read it. They will just sign whatever is shoved is front of them.

0.9% will read it and sign it.

Maybe 0.1% will read it and balk. 0.09% will cave to the "greatest good for the greatest number of dynamics," the sunk cost fallacy, and, if necessary, the threat of disconnection. The other 0.01% will balk and ultimately leave.

Just a prediction. YMMV.

I believe what you are saying could have some truth to it based upon how they've been able to horns-waggle people for decades but now the truth is available on line in sites such as this. :pcpunch: I just can't imagine that staff won't sneak peak at this and the other sites when they're ARC broken with the condescension of management and the web of treachery will collapse upon those at the top.

JBWriter

Happy Sapien

• The Church is suffering big time from whistleblowers and wants to clamp it down meaningfully
  • The Church is aware that secretive, must-not-be-disclosed, dirty and unlawful things occur, as it is
    almost expecting some will leave and sing like a canary.
  • The Church believes its "psych ops" works, because it imprisons people mentally to BELIEVE they can sign away their 1st amendment. It is unenforceable

Excellent points raised, Karen#1. :thumbsup:

I'd add that the language of these latest contracts (in Post #1 and links in Post #2) appear to intentionally use both "legalese" and "religionese" so as to (seemingly) be able to argue in court that it has no jurisdiction/authority to interfere...due to the religious nature of the 'covenant' agreed upon between Co$ and its parishioner. Co$ will further argue that proper jurisdiction for the contracted staff member's grievances resides wholly and completely with it's very own IJC. Given the current legal landscape re: courts' jurisdiction vs religious groups' internal management, it is, sad to say, an argument Co$ would likely win.

As ever, I'll also add here that asking a person to sign a contract such as this without benefit of independent legal counsel is, in a word, unconscionable.
The contracted language is so densely worded -- abounding with loaded words, terms, and phrases that all have legal significance separate and apart from everyday definitions -- that I simply cannot see how any reasonably intelligent person could fully understand and appreciate exactly what the agreement is, does, or means prior to him/her signing it.

It is, apparently, impossible to find an attorney who will stand up and say/admit:
"Yep. Before he signed it, I explained every jot and tittle of the Billion Year Sea Org contract with my 14-yr old client."

Why impossible?
Because that attorney would/could be rightly drummed out of a license to practice law.

JB

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
$cientology might be accurately described as a Lawyers benevolent society advocating and enabling full employment for lawyers.

Last edited:

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
Nowhere does the new staff contract or non-disparagement agreement call for their terms to be clay demo'd or word cleared. Therefore, by the Cult's own logic and doctrine, these documents cannot possibly understood by anyone signing them. :duh:

Checkmate Scientology.

:roflmao:

Awesome point that I had entirely missed, they make you word clear and demo everything else but the contracts they plan to hang your ass with. In fact they may even hit you by surprise with a contact for you to sign, then VERBALLY explain that it's "just a FORMALITY",
as happened to a friend way back in 78' in a non-disclosure contract with a similar monetary penalty over something he'd merely read in a library book regarding the cult.
So you've just hit the nail on the head on THE MOST TELLING AND BIGGEST DISCREPANCY IN ALL OF SCIENTOLOGY, THIS IS IT!:goodposting:

Last edited:

The Sloth

Patron with Honors
Lets see, what other global criminal organization enforces a "code of silence"? Oh yah, the Mafia. Omerta is what they call it.

But really for the non public facing posts why don't they just cut their tongues out, as other radical "religious" groups are doing?

Enthetan

Master of Disaster

[*]The Church believes its "psych ops" works, because it imprisons people mentally to BELIEVE they can sign away their 1st amendment. It is unenforceable

It doesn't matter. The point is not to WIN a lawsuit. The purpose of the NDA is to provide a plausible reason to sue for breach of contract, and then drag the lawsuit on through discovery, various motions, etc, until the party being sued is bankrupt and jobless.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
I can only tell you from what I saw, what I lived. My opinion.

There was an unbridled spirit and social cause amongst many of the young people and post-hippies to better the world in the late 60's and throughout the 70's. Free wheeling lives, cheap living, non-conformist lifestyles, and a leaning toward spiritual investigation. The orgs and missions benefited from these winds blowing throughout the new society.

By the late 70's, early 80's it all vanished. I couldn't find that same selfless spirit alive in the COS anywhere I looked. Only an inauthentic shadow of what was at one time.

I'll tell you what happened. The generation which was born in the years after the Depression and WW2 had it fairly good. The US was prosperous: we came out of WW2 with the only industrial base which was not bombed to shit during the war. Our parents were determined that their kids not see privations like they grew up with. We had it good. Even the working class was making good money. It's easier to be altruistic when you have it good.

Those days are over. You have people coming out of college with the prospect of living in their parents' basement for years more, looking for any kind of work, and with a crushing student loan debt.

Lamb

Patron with Honors
Smells so desperate!:lol:

The new staff contract (not billion-year Sea Org contract) along with a NDA was posted at Tony Ortega's Underground Bunker today. It is worth discussion here, and IMHO is another example of the paranoia of David Miscavige and the Co$. Does the church really think people are going to willingly sign away their First Amendment rights?

Here is a cut-and-paste of the text of the contract from the Underground Bunker...

Here is a cut-and-paste of the text of the NDA from the Underground Bunker...