What's new

What is Idenics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinaire

Sponsor
Here is another post from Mike Goldstein, the co-founder of Idenics. Please click the arrow after his name to go to the post he is resonding to.

Lyn:
I'm sorry, but I'm not sure that I remember you from back then. Perhaps if I knew your last name ... and you could, if you don't want to on this open forum, tell me in a private message or e-mail.
I am not surprised that Marty told you what he did tell you. There wasn't a whole lot on that intitial writeup or even in our first materials from 1988, and it was difficult for people who had been involved with Scn to easily understand what John and I were doing without a lot of persistance in working with those materials. For a more extensive explanation about this time, please refer to my second series writeup, "Life After the CoS." You can find both series (that one and the previous series, "New Regime Takeover") in the Veterans Section of my Web site at www.idenics.com. To get to the Vet Section you'll need access codes though.
When you go to the Web site the Information Page should come up first. Scroll down and on the left-hand side of the page you'll see "managed access." Click on that and it will take you to a page asking for access codes. For user name, type in "veteran." For password, type in "interested."
Of the original Survival Services staff (all of whom were Scientology auditors) only three continued working with us with Idenics. The others gave up on Idenics quickly, abandoning it and reverting back to their Scientology training.
Fortunately, though, over the years our course did evolve to where we could more effectively train practitioners. The Idenics course of today is no comparison to our first '88 course. But it has taken A LOT of work and persistence.
I have recently been in touch with Dale, one of my oldest and dearest friends. I am aware that he and Marty are still involved with the tech of that earlier subject we were all involved with. Personally, since John's initial research and discoveries that brought about Idenics, I have never looked back. All that I have done since that time is Idenics, and have been completely satisfied with the results.
Mike Goldstein

Mike Goldstein

Patron with Honors
Mildred Dean Galusha 1923 - 2008

This morning, at the age of eighty-four, a cherished friend and associate, Millie Galusha, passed away.

I am sorry that she was not able to see a printed copy of the book, “Idenics: An Alternative to Therapy,” which is just days away from publication. But I am thankful that she did see the completed manuscript. In fact, her opinion of the book was more important to me than anyone else’s. It wasn’t until she told me that she loved the book and thought that John would appreciate and be proud of it that I was finally satisfied with this work. Furthermore, I was honored to have Millie’s assistance with the book’s editing. Having been a secretary and assistant to Lyndon B. Johnson and L. Ron Hubbard, she had proofread and edited both of these men’s written works.

Millie had worked for Johnson when he was a senator from Texas. Later, she worked for Hubbard in Washington, D.C. As Johnson’s political career started advancing, he contacted Millie and asked her to come back to work for him, but she chose to stay with Hubbard. It’s good that she did because by staying with Hubbard, she was able to become acquainted with John Galusha. They married, eventually moved back to John’s home state of Colorado, and had two children and a wonderful life together.

When John and I began delivering our Book One Extension Course in 1980, Millie was one of the first students to complete the training. She was a shinning example of a competent Book One auditor. Once we started delivering our Book One Congresses, Millie was invaluable as a Congress supervisor, assisting with all of the Congress trainings. Later, her contributions during the research and development of Idenics were also much appreciated.

Millie and Hubbard had a close friendship both on and off post. For fun and relaxation, they enjoyed the hobby of photography together. The classic photo of John and LRH at the 1958 Congress in D.C., where Hubbard was wearing his famous Congress suit, which I used to promote our Book One Congresses, was taken by Millie Galusha.

One of my favorite “Millie” stories was from the time she worked with Hubbard in D.C. John was on a “clearing mission” to New Orleans when Hubbard suggested to Millie that the two of them co-audit. She agreed, and after he’d done a session on her, Millie took LRH into session. This was in the days before the Bridge and Case Supervisors, when all they had was a big barrel of processes that the auditor just reached into, grabbing whatever might be appropriate in dealing with the pc. Hubbard came up with something he wanted to handle and away they went. But things quickly deteriorated in the session and Hubbard started getting pretty nasty, saying things like, “Who trained you to audit? You’re the worst auditor ever!” Not knowing where to go from there, Millie ended the session. Crushed and in tears, she immediately called John for advice. All that John told her was, “You take that pc back into session, and I’ll send you a dozen roses.”

At John’s behest, Millie collared LRH and managed to get a protesting pc into session again. Hubbard instantly began bashing her once more, saying, “I don’t know why I’ve agreed to go back in session with you. You’re the worst auditor I’ve ever met!” Not really knowing what she was going to do, Millie just asked the first question that popped into her head: “How can I help you?” Hubbard’s first response was, “You couldn’t help me tie my shoe.” But having gotten an answer to her question, Millie was smart enough to ask it again: “How can I help you?” This time, Hubbard responded by saying, “Well, maybe you could help me to tie my shoe, but not much more than that.” She continued to ask the same question repetitively and it turned out that the session went very well. The next day, LRH came out with “Help Processing.”

During her life in Colorado, Millie developed her talent at what she called “horse trading.” She regularly haunted local garage sales, searching for items of some value, which she bought and then sold through various outlets at a good profit. Decades before E-bay or Craig’s list, she had a great eye for bargains, and she made enough money to supplement John’s income quite nicely. Among other things, she was able to buy herself a brand new piano, which she played beautifully.

Millie had a lovely face all her life, and as a young woman she was not only extremely competent, but also strikingly beautiful. It would not surprise me to learn that Johnson and Hubbard both had crushes on her.

I’ll miss Millie. I’ll miss her southern drawl and her terrific laugh. I’ll miss sitting and chatting with her while eating her favorite, Chinese food. I’ll miss her keen wit and sharp intellect. I’ll miss her friendship and support. I’ll miss her as a sounding board when I need someone to bounce ideas off of. I’ll miss her genuine, unassuming and sweet nature.

Good bye, for now, my dear friend. I wish you the best on your new journey.

Until we meet again.

Mike Goldstein
9 May 2008

Smitty

Silver Meritorious Patron
Millie Galusha in group photo

sc01041403sm.jpg

Photo copyright 2008 by Survival Services International, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Some of the Survival Services staff and their spouses at a couple's party - circa 1983.
From left to right: Randi Wathen, George Wathen, Lenny Rose (standing), Rebecca Jessup Goldstein (seated), Claudia Hunter, Mike Goldstein, John Galusha, Millie Galusha, Russ Meadows, Bonnie Meadows, Val Shrewsbury, and Carol Shrewsbury.

nexus100

Gold Meritorious Patron
This morning, at the age of eighty-four, a cherished friend and associate, Millie Galusha, passed away.

I am sorry that she was not able to see a printed copy of the book, “Idenics: An Alternative to Therapy,” which is just days away from publication. But I am thankful that she did see the completed manuscript. In fact, her opinion of the book was more important to me than anyone else’s. It wasn’t until she told me that she loved the book and thought that John would appreciate and be proud of it that I was finally satisfied with this work. Furthermore, I was honored to have Millie’s assistance with the book’s editing. Having been a secretary and assistant to Lyndon B. Johnson and L. Ron Hubbard, she had proofread and edited both of these men’s written works.

Millie had worked for Johnson when he was a senator from Texas. Later, she worked for Hubbard in Washington, D.C. As Johnson’s political career started advancing, he contacted Millie and asked her to come back to work for him, but she chose to stay with Hubbard. It’s good that she did because by staying with Hubbard, she was able to become acquainted with John Galusha. They married, eventually moved back to John’s home state of Colorado, and had two children and a wonderful life together.

When John and I began delivering our Book One Extension Course in 1980, Millie was one of the first students to complete the training. She was a shinning example of a competent Book One auditor. Once we started delivering our Book One Congresses, Millie was invaluable as a Congress supervisor, assisting with all of the Congress trainings. Later, her contributions during the research and development of Idenics were also much appreciated.

Millie and Hubbard had a close friendship both on and off post. For fun and relaxation, they enjoyed the hobby of photography together. The classic photo of John and LRH at the 1958 Congress in D.C., where Hubbard was wearing his famous Congress suit, which I used to promote our Book One Congresses, was taken by Millie Galusha.

One of my favorite “Millie” stories was from the time she worked with Hubbard in D.C. John was on a “clearing mission” to New Orleans when Hubbard suggested to Millie that the two of them co-audit. She agreed, and after he’d done a session on her, Millie took LRH into session. This was in the days before the Bridge and Case Supervisors, when all they had was a big barrel of processes that the auditor just reached into, grabbing whatever might be appropriate in dealing with the pc. Hubbard came up with something he wanted to handle and away they went. But things quickly deteriorated in the session and Hubbard started getting pretty nasty, saying things like, “Who trained you to audit? You’re the worst auditor ever!” Not knowing where to go from there, Millie ended the session. Crushed and in tears, she immediately called John for advice. All that John told her was, “You take that pc back into session, and I’ll send you a dozen roses.”

At John’s behest, Millie collared LRH and managed to get a protesting pc into session again. Hubbard instantly began bashing her once more, saying, “I don’t know why I’ve agreed to go back in session with you. You’re the worst auditor I’ve ever met!” Not really knowing what she was going to do, Millie just asked the first question that popped into her head: “How can I help you?” Hubbard’s first response was, “You couldn’t help me tie my shoe.” But having gotten an answer to her question, Millie was smart enough to ask it again: “How can I help you?” This time, Hubbard responded by saying, “Well, maybe you could help me to tie my shoe, but not much more than that.” She continued to ask the same question repetitively and it turned out that the session went very well. The next day, LRH came out with “Help Processing.”

During her life in Colorado, Millie developed her talent at what she called “horse trading.” She regularly haunted local garage sales, searching for items of some value, which she bought and then sold through various outlets at a good profit. Decades before E-bay or Craig’s list, she had a great eye for bargains, and she made enough money to supplement John’s income quite nicely. Among other things, she was able to buy herself a brand new piano, which she played beautifully.

Millie had a lovely face all her life, and as a young woman she was not only extremely competent, but also strikingly beautiful. It would not surprise me to learn that Johnson and Hubbard both had crushes on her.

I’ll miss Millie. I’ll miss her southern drawl and her terrific laugh. I’ll miss sitting and chatting with her while eating her favorite, Chinese food. I’ll miss her keen wit and sharp intellect. I’ll miss her friendship and support. I’ll miss her as a sounding board when I need someone to bounce ideas off of. I’ll miss her genuine, unassuming and sweet nature.

Good bye, for now, my dear friend. I wish you the best on your new journey.

Until we meet again.

Mike Goldstein
9 May 2008

Great story. Best of fortune to you both.
Kevin O.

Vinaire

Sponsor
I had a desire to meet Millie when I was in Denver last month, after hearing all the stories from Mike. I wish her my best in her journey.

Vinaire

Sponsor
Let me update on what has been happening in my application of Idenics.

I am continuing to work with my sister in New Delhi. There is a definite increase in awareness on my sister's part. As a result, she is getting more in control of her life. Her confusions and fears are lessening. She is very much interested in getting more Idenics sessions.

I gave an Idenics session yesterday to an engineering schoolmate of mine from the 60's. It surprised him to discover some stuff from his childhood that seem to have a definite bearing in his mind to his present condition. As a result he felt empowered that he could now control his present condition, and that he did not have to succumb to it. He is now looking forward to his next Idenics session.

nexus100

Gold Meritorious Patron

I am continuing to work with my sister in New Delhi. There is a definite increase in awareness on my sister's part. As a result, she is getting more in control of her life. Her confusions and fears are lessening. She is very much interested in getting more Idenics sessions.

I gave an Idenics session yesterday to an engineering schoolmate of mine from the 60's. It surprised him to discover some stuff from his childhood that seem to have a definite bearing in his mind to his present condition. As a result he felt empowered that he could now control his present condition, and that he did not have to succumb to it. He is now looking forward to his next Idenics session.

Thank you for the update!

Tanstaafl

Crusader

Good work Vinay! :thumbsup:

Vinaire

Sponsor
ok, sorry, gotta say it again.

It is not Scientology to go back to anything to sort it out with. You are not supposed to sort it out by going back to your Vedic teaching.

You are supposed to duplicate Scientology, as itself, EXACTLY. Not as a combination with some earlier humanoid practice.

So yes, what is important is one's own understanding.

But in Scientology, one's own understanding must be SCIENTOLOGY, and not something else.

And again, your operating basis is to take the unsustainable, manipulative Scientology view, and to make it more rational by going outside of Scientology for its resolution.

But again, that is not Scientology.

Who decides what Scientology is?

Hubbard? COS? the individual? Common agreement (the bank)? Something else?

That sounds like a survey. :omg:

C'mon, Vinaire.

You know very well who decides what Scientology is.

I suppose that from your viewpoint you want people not to be deceived by what is being doled out by the Church of Scientology.

What, then, is your viewpoint about what is being doled out by the Free Zone (under the label Scientology)?

What, then, is your viewpoint about what is being doled out by Knowledgism (similar kind of stuff)?

What, then, is your viewpoint about what is being doled out by Idenics (a bit far removed from Scientology)?

Are we looking at the potentials of deception in each of these cases? How about those subjects whose potential for deception is minimal, but some people get deceived by them anyway because people are people.

To what degree one should be making oneself responsible for others?

A very good question.

Thank you for asking it.

In my opinion what needs to be done is to encourage people to look for themselves and to see what is actually there.

That is where IDENICS comes in.

It is difficult to have a good measure of Idenics just by having couple of sessions with it. Idenics needs to be studied with care.

Last edited:

Vinaire

Sponsor
You observe what you put there

Please click on the arrow after the name in the quote to see the original post.

I never went on OT levels. But it is said in Hindu scriptures that pride in siddhis (OT abilities to you) is a trap and desire to demonstrate them simply deepens that trap.

Now that is from traditional East. It doesn't fit in your worldview, does it?

Vinaire, forget about the desire to demonstrate. What about simply the ability to demonstrate. If the abilities existed we'd be able to observe them, regardless of ones desire in the matter.

One observes only what one puts there. One sees only one's own interpretation of what is actually there.

For example, Dulloldfart calls me a snot. He may have intended in a humorous sort of a way. But I would not see that if I took offense to it. I would only see that Dulloldfart is being mean to me by saying that.

Similarly, how one sees L. Ron Hubbard is exactly what one is putting there based on one's experiences. It may be pretty close to what is actually there, or it could be wide off the mark too. But in either case, one is observing what one is putting there.

Same applies to the observation of OT abilities. No matter what the other person is putting out, one only sees what one is putting there.

So, what is duplication of what is there. It would be observing without a viewpoint and that would be quite a trick. It would lead straight to as-isness and one would simply be face-to-face with oneself, or with not-oneself, or whatever... I simply do not know.

So, what is one observing when one is looking at the physical universe? What about that floor? What about this body? What about this ailment that I am suffering from?

So, what is conditioning? What about hypnotism? Who is the hypnotist?

The answers are within yourself.

Do Idenics. :D

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
For example, Dulloldfart calls me a snot. He may have intended in a humorous sort of a way. But I would not see that if I took offense to it. I would only see that Dulloldfart is being mean to me by saying that.

I didn't, did I? If I wanted to insult you I would do it in a much more direct manner. I remember making a joke, associating a changing of "old spot" into "old snot" (and you had used the word earlier in the thread) with your comment about being scraped off the wall. I didn't equate that in my mind with "Hey guys, I think Vinay is a snot". Whatever it means. I've never actually heard of someone being called "a snot". I didn't think "snot" was a countable noun*.

*I just looked it up. It's a slang term meaning snob. I've heard it used as "being snotty" in that sense, but not as a noun. So I've learned something.

Paul

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Don't look now, Vinaire, but you're a Scientologist again.

You are trying to change people by auditing them.

Vinaire

Sponsor
Don't look now, Vinaire, but you're a Scientologist again.

You are trying to change people by auditing them.

LOL! I didn't mean to audit Dulloldfart. He is learning all by himself.

You are simply looking at what you are putting there. :D

Besides what is wrong with being a Hindu Scientologist? A Western Scientologist I can take an issue with. Western and on top of that, Semitic ...!!!

Last edited:

Vinaire

Sponsor
Auditing???

Nobody can ever audit another person. That would be gross evaluation to start with.

One may only guide and facilitate another in his or her LOOKING. But the looking can only be done by the other person.

Trying to "look" for another, and forcefully on top of it, is not to look but to grossly evaluate.

This is just my opinion, and in no way does it demand agreement.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
You are taking things people are saying to you in various contexts of discussion, and using quotes of those things to suggest heavily to them that they need Idenics - that Idenics will somehow "handle that".

Like I said - don't look now, Vinaire!

Vinaire

Sponsor
You are taking things people are saying to you in various contexts of discussion, and using quotes of those things to suggest heavily to them that they need Idenics - that Idenics will somehow "handle that".

Like I said - don't look now, Vinaire!

Idenics doesn't handle anything. Neither does Scientology.

It is the person who handles it.

And you are seeing what you are putting there. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.