What's new

Jesse Prince writing about last 4 years of life of Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Jesse Prince writing about last four years of life of Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard.

Jesse Prince: The Future is Here and I'm Feeling Good
http://princejesse53.blogspot.com/2014/11/the-future-is-here-and-im-feeling-good.html

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

What’s next? I have to finish this writing project so that I can get on with the rest of my life. I am as convinced as ever there are people that want to know. What I am writing about is not more of the same as has been published by others. I am just at the end of writing about the last four years of L Ron’s life. When I complete this final part than my work will be done. Since being here in LA, I've had a chance to talk with others who are also out of the Scientology mindset I've discussed with some about what I am writing about. Invariably, I end up having a conversation with them about some things they didn't know about. That is not unusual in Scientology world; the right hand is not told what the left hand is doing.

I do want to make something perfectly clear here. I did not come back to LA to start a war with Scientology or any of its associate organizations. I am not here to organize protest against them either. The purpose of my writing is not to malign anyone still under the spell of Scientology.

I am simply writing my memories of the last four years of L Ron’s life from my prospective. I truly believe, what I have to say will clear the air of needless misconceptions about that time period. I don’t have an ax to grind with anyone but still some may not like what I have to say. My earlier writings on this Blog temporarily upset some people, but they got over it. I didn't lie or say something that was not true against anyone. I have a passion to always give the truth a chance no matter how unpopular that may be. I know that people are not perfect and they never will be. Everyone has made mistakes somewhere in their lives. My approach to making a mistake; fucking up or having any other behavior problem, is to admit the problem, and try not to do whatever it was again. This seems to be the hardest thing for Scientology leadership to be able to do because that’s how L Ron trained them to act.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

So I just want to thank you people out there for hanging in there with me on this project. There is no way I could do this by myself. There are some real Angels out there that have helped me every step of the way. I push myself daily to do something to get the writing part done, and then it has to go through the rest of the process to get published.

If you are able to, help me get this project born. My goal is to have the work in the hands of a Publisher or an Agent before the end of this year. My email address is [email protected] you can help by hitting this help link:

https://www.paypal.com/us/home

Also, if you know or have contact information for professionals in the publishing industry please send me an email at the above email address. For all other communications just use the same email address.
Thank you again, this is the final push. Keep watching.

Respectfully Submitted,

Jesse Prince

mockingbird

Silver Meritorious Patron
Re: Jesse Prince writing about last 4 years of life of Scientology founder L. Ron Hub

I cannot wait and hope Jesse pulls no punches !

I want this to get out to many people !:clap::clap::clap:

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
Re: Jesse Prince writing about last 4 years of life of Scientology founder L. Ron Hub

Looking forward to some new/fresh insights and a good read :happydance:

Go go go Jesse! :cheers:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

Looking forward to some new/fresh insights and a good read :happydance:

Go go go Jesse! :cheers:

I bet that this book will be explosive, the impact of which will be felt all the way to Target Two! :)

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

For anyone unfamiliar with Jesse Prince, this is him, from a video shot in March of 2010 at the Hamburg Symposium:

[video=youtube;BoXnKJjVrSU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoXnKJjVrSU[/video]

[video=youtube;W3wfQpD5gAQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3wfQpD5gAQ&list=PL69606F5C88D55C48[/video]

[video=youtube;Jfx_e0VcAKg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jfx_e0VcAKg[/video]

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron

For anyone unfamiliar with Jesse Prince, this is him, from a video shot in March of 2010 at the Hamburg Symposium:

Thanks for re-posting these! I somehow managed to miss seeing them years ago.
Everyone should hear what this guy has to say. Great material there!

BunnySkull

Didn't Jesse write up his memories a few years ago? I remember him publishing some chapters and Marty getting all upset over his besmirching of LRH's good name at the time. Jesse also called out Marty on some BS if memory serves me right. I know he became very ill with cancer, so maybe that cut short the effort? (But I did think he finished what he wanted to publish at the time.)

I'm confused why he's raising money if he wants to go to a large publisher? But I would totally understand raising money if he intends to self-publish, sell copies himself (like Marty).

A major publishing house will give him an advance (money) to live on while he writes the book. He needs to simply write a 30 page or less outline of the book he intends to write and submit it to publishers. If they like it, they will work out a contract which will provide funds for him to live on (and more) while he completes the book. Then he will get a agreed upon percentage of the profits from the sale of said book. They would also require hiring a ghost writer to assist him in writing the book, which does bite into an advance.

Obviously a literary agent would make the process easier for him - he should look up the agents that represented Jenna Miscagvie and some of the women who have written about escaping Mormon Fundamentalist cults - agents that specialize in book not by professional authors but by people with exceptional life experiences.

Unfortunately for Jesse the market is a bit saturated on the subject right now given the audience size. Two major authors (Janet and Wright) have tackled the subject very well in the last 4 years. Not to mention Jenna Miscavige, Mark Headley, Amy Scobee, Marty, etc... (though only Jenna used a professional publishing house). However, I do think the fact Jesse had personal knowledge of LRH in the final years gives him a bit of a hook, but the fact he's been openly discussing and been deposed about his years in the cult might make publishers think there won't be much new or groundbreaking info to reveal in a book, so he would have to put some good juice in his outline submission.

If his purpose is really just to get the information out there and be done with it, then he may just want to consider self-publishing a book and go the Marty route. Do a small fundraiser, write the book, give early copies to people who donated a certain amount and then sell copies (either hard copies or e-copies or both) for a fair price. To pursue a major publishing house means it might take years to get the book to market, or to find a publisher interested in tackling the hornet's nest of the CoS. (It's one thing for a aware wining journalist to write an independent investigation of the cult, it's another to have the story of an ex-member who's been tangled up in past lawsuits with the cult publish a tell-all. It might easily scare away a publisher just due to the prospect of legal bills.)

I'd be curious to know if Marty ever tried to get a major publisher for his writing. I always figured they turned him down because he wanted to write about the subject of Scientology and how to salvage it. If he would ever commit to an honest expose of his years in the cult I figured a publisher would be interested, but might get scared off due to the possible litigation that would ensue. Maybe Jesse could check with Marty on this, if nothing else his experience self-publishing might be fruitful for Jesse. (Whether to go that route or avoid it.)

Veda

Sponsor

Jesse Prince writing about last four years of life of Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard.

Jesse Prince: The Future is Here and I'm Feeling Good
http://princejesse53.blogspot.com/2014/11/the-future-is-here-and-im-feeling-good.html

The entire content of the above link is well worth reading.

What’s next? I have to finish this writing project so that I can get on with the rest of my life. I am as convinced as ever there are people that want to know. What I am writing about is not more of the same as has been published by others. I am just at the end of writing about the last four years of L Ron’s life. When I complete this final part than my work will be done. Since being here in LA, I've had a chance to talk with others who are also out of the Scientology mindset I've discussed with some about what I am writing about. Invariably, I end up having a conversation with them about some things they didn't know about. That is not unusual in Scientology world; the right hand is not told what the left hand is doing.

I do want to make something perfectly clear here. I did not come back to LA to start a war with Scientology or any of its associate organizations. I am not here to organize protest against them either. The purpose of my writing is not to malign anyone still under the spell of Scientology.

I am simply writing my memories of the last four years of L Ron’s life from my prospective. I truly believe, what I have to say will clear the air of needless misconceptions about that time period. I don’t have an ax to grind with anyone but still some may not like what I have to say. My earlier writings on this Blog temporarily upset some people, but they got over it. I didn't lie or say something that was not true against anyone. I have a passion to always give the truth a chance no matter how unpopular that may be. I know that people are not perfect and they never will be. Everyone has made mistakes somewhere in their lives. My approach to making a mistake; fucking up or having any other behavior problem, is to admit the problem, and try not to do whatever it was again. This seems to be the hardest thing for Scientology leadership to be able to do because that’s how L Ron trained them to act.

So I just want to thank you people out there for hanging in there with me on this project. There is no way I could do this by myself. There are some real Angels out there that have helped me every step of the way. I push myself daily to do something to get the writing part done, and then it has to go through the rest of the process to get published.

If you are able to, help me get this project born. My goal is to have the work in the hands of a Publisher or an Agent before the end of this year. My email address is [email protected] you can help by hitting this help link:

https://www.paypal.com/us/home

Also, if you know or have contact information for professionals in the publishing industry please send me an email at the above email address. For all other communications just use the same email address.
Thank you again, this is the final push. Keep watching.

Respectfully Submitted,

Jesse Prince

Thanks.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

Didn't Jesse write up his memories a few years ago? I remember him publishing some chapters and Marty getting all upset over his besmirching of LRH's good name at the time. Jesse also called out Marty on some BS if memory serves me right. I know he became very ill with cancer, so maybe that cut short the effort? (But I did think he finished what he wanted to publish at the time.)

<snip>

Prior to getting sick he promised to write about the last years of Hubbard's life but never did. That got derailed when he got sick.

The entire content of the above link is well worth reading.

I read the entire post and it was very much worth reading! :yes:

BunnySkull

Prior to getting sick he promised to write about the last years of Hubbard's life but never did. That got derailed when he got sick.

I read the entire post and it was very much worth reading! :yes:

I did read the entire post, it still wasn't really clear. "I am just at the end of writing about the last four years of L Ron’s life. When I complete this final part than my work will be done." So is he at the end of the project now? Is "the work" his years of speaking out and telling the truth about the CoS or just the project he started before he got ill?

I am just at the end of writing about the end of LRH's life. - it's a bit convoluted.

Then there is the mixed message of asking for donations but then also asking for help getting a major publishing house. It's kind of a one or the other type of a situation - a major publishing house would take care of any of the financial issues he may need help with if they are interested in his book. He will get an advance and benefit from sales of a book - so he shouldn't require donations if a publishing house backs him. However, a self-publishing venture might require asking for help from the public to fund the project so he could concentrate on finishing the book in a reasonable amount of time. (Though self-publishing ventures on there own don't usually require much overhead and not much more than time from the author, however if the donations help him have the time to write and maybe hire some professionals to assist, it's well worth the donations.)

Either way I truly hope he does finish his project AND gets editing/co-writing help. I read what Jesse published previously before his illness, and while very interesting to people like me who are into the subject - his writing was not easy to read, nor very clear. Much like Marty he would benefit greatly (as would most non-professional writers) from having writing and editing assistance. Hell, even great writers need good editors.

uncover

Gold Meritorious Patron

I'm confused why he's raising money if he wants to go to a large publisher? But I would totally understand raising money if he intends to self-publish, sell copies himself (like Marty). .....

If his purpose is really just to get the information out there and be done with it, then he may just want to consider self-publishing a book and go the Marty route. ....
Obviously he has never heard of books-on-demand-publishing. It doesn´t cost you anything.
You decide how many pages, color pictures or not and the publisher tells you the printing costs - let´s say $ 5,--.
You decide how much should be charged for your masterpiece (e.g. $ 30,--) and the difference is yours.
People order at the publisher, he prints the books and ships them directly - no work for you.
You only have to collect your profit in time ... when your masterpiece should become a bestseller.

So if someone could give him a hint:
http://www.thebookpatch.com/
he doesn´t have to ask for [STRIKE]IAS-[/STRIKE]donations

Lulu Belle

Moonbat

Obviously he has never heard of books-on-demand-publishing. It doesn´t cost you anything.You decide how many pages, color pictures or not and the publisher tells you the printing costs - let´s say $ 5,--.You decide how much should be charged for your masterpiece (e.g. $ 30,--) and the difference is yours.People order at the publisher, he prints the pooks and ships them directly - no work for you.You only have to collect your profit in time ... when your masterpiece should become a bestseller.
http://www.thebookpatch.com/

The whole thing of him not being educated on how to publish a book is kind of weird when you consider that his current "2D" (sorry, guys) is Nancy Many.

Who published her own book about Scientology....at a publishing house.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

The whole thing of him not being educated on how to publish a book is kind of weird when you consider that his current "2D" (sorry, guys) is Nancy Many.

Who published her own book about Scientology....at a publishing house.

She did not use a publishing house. :no:

If you look at the publisher listed at Amazon you'll see "CNM Publishing".

That is for Chris & Nancy Many.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!

To Jessie Prince:

If you read this thread - which you shall as getting good hint and advices before publishing is better than after :blush:

Self publishing is a very good solution for someone who is not a professional known writer

Here are some good links:

Blurb

Lulu

There is also many blogs and message boards where people reunite and get help\provide good advice.

BunnySkull

She did not use a publishing house. :no:

If you look at the publisher listed at Amazon you'll see "CNM Publishing".

That is for Chris & Nancy Many.

Professional writers (Wright and Reitman) have had publishing house backing, but I believe the only ex who has had a publisher back their memoir in the US was Jenna Miscavige. It was also why you saw Jenna doing interviews and basically a very professional job of promoting the book in the media right after it was published - it was thanks to the support of the publisher. I had assumed the reason people like Nancy, Mark, Marty, Amy Scobee, etc...self-published was because getting the interest of a major publishing house was very difficult for what is considered a niche market. Never mind trying to make a profit selling any type of book is getting harder and harder. (The publishing industry has been in free fall much like the magazine/newspaper industry thanks to the rise of the internet)

I will also say there's seems to be more interest in publishing houses from stories that start with childhood - meaning no choice in the matter of how you ended up in said cult. Been quite a few books from the pov of young girls born into Mormon polygamy families. I think things are stickier when you have to also write about an adult who chose to join cult. (I think here we all understand why 18 year old and older person got hooked into CoS but I think the general publishing world has a bit more hesitancy about the issue. It's a lot simpler if you just have a story from the point of view of a second gen. - no blame game and all sympathy on the talk show/promo circuit.) The public seems to eat up victim stories, but not so much when the matter is more complex.

(I personally think the story behind why a person gets involved with a cult, or slowly gets seduced by one, and that entire process is very interesting reading - but I'm certainly not representative of the general book buying public. They seem to prefer very black and white stories, with clearly defined villains and heroes - more like fairy tales that accurate depictions of the complexities you find in life.)

But the point stands, a self-publishing route is a pretty low cost affair. If he is raising donations it would be to support his living costs while he writes full-time or even better to hire a professional editor to assist. I don't know what type of work Jesse does to support himself, I'm only aware of his advocacy work. I don't know if him taking on a writing project would interfere with him working his normal job or what he does for income.

Nancy Many should be able to guide him since she has published and promoted her own book when it comes to self-publishing. If the book has potential in the retail book market, then a literary agent should take an interest and guide him through the channels to getting a publishing house interested. Literary agents get a cut of the advance and sales they negotiate for you so it won't cost him anything out of pocket if he manages to get literary representation.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

I did read the entire post, it still wasn't really clear. "I am just at the end of writing about the last four years of L Ron’s life. When I complete this final part than my work will be done." So is he at the end of the project now? Is "the work" his years of speaking out and telling the truth about the CoS or just the project he started before he got ill?

I am just at the end of writing about the end of LRH's life. - it's a bit convoluted.

While you're correct in that he isn't clear on what he plans to do after writing about the last years of LRH's life I get the impression that he wants to be done with Scientology, at least for now, but feels responsible to complete this particular project.

Jesse Prince:

Anyway, before I got ill, I promised to write about the last four years of now dead L Ron’s life but because of my illness I was unable to. I was forced to concentrate exclusively on my health in order to survive. As a result many people have been waiting for me to finish ever since.

What’s next? I have to finish this writing project so that I can get on with the rest of my life. I am as convinced as ever there are people that want to know. What I am writing about is not more of the same as has been published by others. I am just at the end of writing about the last four years of L Ron’s life. When I complete this final part than my work will be done.

Lulu Belle

Moonbat

Professional writers (Wright and Reitman) have had publishing house backing, but I believe the only ex who has had a publisher back their memoir in the US was Jenna Miscavige. It was also why you saw Jenna doing interviews and basically a very professional job of promoting the book in the media right after it was published - it was thanks to the support of the publisher.

I think people need to keep something in mind when it comes to Jenna.

"Her book" was never "her" idea. The author came to her.

Did the interviews, wrote it, and pushed her through the process.

It's obvious Jenna would have never done this on her own.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/12/b...oirs-about-defecting.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

BunnySkull

I think people need to keep something in mind when it comes to Jenna.

"Her book" was never "her" idea. The author came to her. Did the interviews, wrote it, and pushed her through the process.

It's obvious Jenna would have never done this on her own.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/12/b...oirs-about-defecting.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Yep, correct. I should have clarified, and that's why I also mentioned agents that pursue people with interesting experiences to "write about." These people don't actually write their own book, they are interviewed extensively and then an author produces a book from their recollections and interviews. (Usually the book front says: "By: Person A as told to Pro Ghost-Writer")

I'd say unlike the majority of exes, Jenna was actually courted by a literary agent/publisher while other exes have wanted to write a book and tried to get the interest of a publisher. It's amazing how publishing houses and agents can find you if they think your story would be good for the book trade.

Obviously it was Jenna's last name that also made the book a big draw. I don't think they publishing industry would have had the same amount of interest without her uncle being the head honcho. (There's been plenty of stories by kids in the SO that have never merited the attention of the press or publishing industry, even if they should have.)

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!

There is a large section, in Jessie's post about Gerry Armstrong agreement - Very much interesting.
He gives the details of it, when, how much and most important, the conditions for such ''agreement'' to happen.

It makes me better understand Gerry and Caroline still being involved in fighting about what happened there. If I did get it right, it's a never ending pressure on him :duh: