What's new

John Travolta at Grand Opening of Scientology Site of Founder L. Ron Hubbard's Home

uncover

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: John Travolta at Grand Opening of Scientology Site of Founder L. Ron Hubbard's Ho

The house in the picture above is actually the house across the road from the newly opened "LRH House" - go onto street view in Google Maps and check it out.
Perhaps the current owners of the original house were not willing to sell, so they got the house across the road?

Thought nobody would notice...they should know better by now!:duh:
Maybe shyster El Con Hubbard in reality lived in the renovated small house and for taking pictures he moved across the road to the bigger house ? From El Con Hubbard you can expect everything.....

(Rule: If you think the worst of El Con Hubbard it will not be bad enough....)

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Re: John Travolta at Grand Opening of Scientology Site of Founder L. Ron Hubbard's Ho

The house in the picture above is actually the house across the road from the newly opened "LRH House" - go onto street view in Google Maps and check it out.
Perhaps the current owners of the original house were not willing to sell, so they got the house across the road?

Thought nobody would notice...they should know better by now!:duh:

I did go up and down the street in google street view, and they are mostly enormous houses along there. Many houses now have double garages newly built. It is quite possible that the youngish couple lived in the 'servants quarters'. It could also be that some of the pictures are taken from the back?

Oh and welcome!

Draco

Thanks for the welcome, La La Lou Lou.
It seems you might be right about the living arrangements - according to Wikipedia:
"Campbell invited Hubbard and Sara to move into a cottage at Bay Head, New Jersey, not far from his own home at Plainfield."

The house LRH is posing in front of, is 664 East Ave, and definitely not a cottage. Although what now looks to be a garage could have been a cottage back then.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

Here's a screenshot from Google Maps. The image is dated August 2013. Centre frame is No. 666 (you can see the house number).

666-east-ave.jpg

Paul

Last edited:

La La Lou Lou

Crusader

Thanks for the welcome, La La Lou Lou.
It seems you might be right about the living arrangements - according to Wikipedia:
"Campbell invited Hubbard and Sara to move into a cottage at Bay Head, New Jersey, not far from his own home at Plainfield."

The house LRH is posing in front of, is 664 East Ave, and definitely not a cottage. Although what now looks to be a garage could have been a cottage back then.

There's not a lot of cottages in that area now, they are monsters those houses! Perhaps originally the cottages would have been for staff, most likely the black nanny or maid, it would have been rundown cheap and affordable but giving the prestige of the address, that's in character.

Cottage, by the way, in Uk is a euphemism for public toilet, especially where gentlemen go to meet other gentlemen when their wives are having headaches.

secretiveoldfag

Silver Meritorious Patron

Nobody could ever describe no.666 or 664 across the road as a cottage, but both are older than 1950.

Since it's certain Elcon didn't have two dollars to his name at that point in his life, it's evident that John Campbell offered him an empty cottage out of sympathy (Sara was pregnant and had the baby while living there). He (Campbell) presumably owned the house facing 666 ie the one in the photograph with Hubbard.

This is the best Elcon story for a while.

Last edited:

Elronius of Marcabia

I think he just walked across the street took the pictures as if he owned the place
when in actual fact he and his wife Sarah had a room at 666 loaned to him
because he was broke and had a wife and a kid.

Last edited:

Elronius of Marcabia

Nobody could ever describe no.666 or 664 across the road as a cottage, but both are older than 1950.

Since it's certain Elcon didn't have two dollars to his name at that point in his life, it's evident that John Campbell offered him an empty cottage out of sympathy (Sara was pregnant and had the baby while living there). He (Campbell) presumably owned the house facing 666 ie the one in the photograph with Hubbard.

This is the best Elcon story for a while.

Not a wonder that John Campbell is never thanked for his kindness to Sarah and Hubbard, he had a huge secret he did'nt

want known and neither does CO$ , he was already married to his first wife and was a bigamist with a kid by another woman
Sarah Hubbard.

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron

From a Scientology website:

November 14, 1949 Bay Head, New Jersey

Dear Russell,

Thank you so much for the skunk cabbage. It was just what I wanted. Nothing could have been sweeter. However, your letter left much to be desired. If you had nothing better to say you shouldn’t have said anything at all.

I am dug down here in a very nice windbreak.... I have eight bedrooms here to wander around and contemplate. If you get tired of the wilds of Kansas you are hereby invited to come down and view the wilds of New Jersey.

The ocean is just outside the front door but it knows its place and never makes a real nuisance of itself. And if it does, why, we just go to a movie until the house has settled back down on its foundation again.

Right now there are a couple of writers staying here. They weren’t invited guests like yourself. They just stopped by for dinner one night around the first of October. They are wonderful plot material though.

I’m still doing this research on the mind. The results are going to be published soon and then I’ll have time to do a little something on the line of stories. I am working on a movie shooting script but that’s about all at the present time....

I wish you’d let go and write me one of your famous letters. I think you must be about three behind me by now. Get at least one out before the drifts lock you in for the winter. I’d like to hear what you are calling work these days. I always get a laugh out of that.

Thanks again for the spice.

Sincerely, Ron

pg19_1.jpg

Warning, Scientology site: http://www.traditionalhubbard.org/page11.htm

Elronius of Marcabia

From a Scientology website:

November 14, 1949 Bay Head, New Jersey

Dear Russell,

Thank you so much for the skunk cabbage. It was just what I wanted. Nothing could have been sweeter. However, your letter left much to be desired. If you had nothing better to say you shouldn’t have said anything at all.

I am dug down here in a very nice windbreak.... I have eight bedrooms here to wander around and contemplate. If you get tired of the wilds of Kansas you are hereby invited to come down and view the wilds of New Jersey.

The ocean is just outside the front door but it knows its place and never makes a real nuisance of itself. And if it does, why, we just go to a movie until the house has settled back down on its foundation again.

Right now there are a couple of writers staying here. They weren’t invited guests like yourself. They just stopped by for dinner one night around the first of October. They are wonderful plot material though.

I’m still doing this research on the mind. The results are going to be published soon and then I’ll have time to do a little something on the line of stories. I am working on a movie shooting script but that’s about all at the present time....

I wish you’d let go and write me one of your famous letters. I think you must be about three behind me by now. Get at least one out before the drifts lock you in for the winter. I’d like to hear what you are calling work these days. I always get a laugh out of that.

Thanks again for the spice.

Sincerely, Ron

pg19_1.jpg

Warning, Scientology site: http://www.traditionalhubbard.org/page11.htm

The home he never livied in or owned, way to go Schizo's lying is what they like Hubbard did best :yes:

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron

Maybe they'll include the wife he never had.

htz1xu.jpg
Thank you for finding and posting this photo. I don't remember ever seeing a photo of Sara, LRH AND Alexis together. Scientolgy and John Travolta seem very confused about which house in Bay Head NJ LRH stayed at and probably deny that Sara and Alexis were ever there!

From another thread, this is a photo of Alexis's daughter and grand daughter:

581577_4344165415413_785684437_n.jpg

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?32356-Alexis-erased-daughter-of-L-Ron-Hubbard

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

If you Google "666 East Ave, Bay Head, NJ" some interesting tidbits show up, like the date of the sale (2010) and this:

http://www.bayheadnj.org/bhnj/Plann...das & Minutes/PlanningBoardMinutesFeb2011.pdf

It is the local planning board minutes for Feb 2011, covering the changes the cult (Heritage Properties International) proposed doing to restore the property to its 1949/50 state. I don't see anything remarkable there, beyond maybe:

Mr. Zabarsky stated that the architect, on behalf of the applicant, has confirmed that they
know the permitted use in the zone is a single family residential dwelling and that is the
intent of how it will be used. This will be a condition of the resolution. The representation
is that it is not going to be a museum. If it were to be used for any other use they would
have to come back in front of the Board.​

I don't know how true that is. :)

Paul

Veda

Sponsor

If you Google "666 East Ave, Bay Head, NJ" some interesting tidbits show up, like the date of the sale (2010) and this:

http://www.bayheadnj.org/bhnj/Plann...das & Minutes/PlanningBoardMinutesFeb2011.pdf

It is the local planning board minutes for Feb 2011, covering the changes the cult (Heritage Properties International) proposed doing to restore the property to its 1949/50 state. I don't see anything remarkable there, beyond maybe:

Mr. Zabarsky stated that the architect, on behalf of the applicant, has confirmed that they
know the permitted use in the zone is a single family residential dwelling and that is the
intent of how it will be used. This will be a condition of the resolution. The representation
is that it is not going to be a museum. If it were to be used for any other use they would
have to come back in front of the Board.​

I don't know how true that is. :)

Paul

Heritage Properties International?

Good lord, another front group.

Looks like the local planning board in Bay Head, New Jersey is going to get a taste of Scientology.

secretiveoldfag

This is another extract from the same document:

Mr. Furze stated it is highly unusual in Bay Head for the size of a residence to be
diminished. What is the motivation for tearing off the family room?
Mr. Bevere answered, to bring it back to the 1940’s and 1950’s. That addition was not
there.
Ms. Frizzell asked why bring it back to the 1950’s? Is there some historical significance to
that date?
Mr. Craig stated this is when one of the founders of Heritage Properties lived in the house
from 1949-1950 and did some writing there. It is their intent to restore it to when he lived
there.
Mr. Craig confirmed with Ms. Wintersteen that it will remain a single family home. It will
maintain its residential status.
Mr. Craig confirmed with Ms. Frizzell that it will not be made into a museum to this writer.

Seems to me that they withheld relevant information from the Planning Board and that consent ought to be withdrawn.

secretiveoldfag

Re: Grand Opening of Scientology Heritage Site of Founder L. Ron Hubbard's Former Ho

Russell Miller only wrote of the trailer LRH & Sara rented in the "seediest part of North Hollywood" in the mid-40s, which I suspect was the seedy industrial area of NH in the area of N. Lankershim & Burbank Blvd. (west of I-170).

http://www.american-buddha.com/cult.barefacedmessiah.8.htm

Maybe this can be Heritage Properties next project. :biggrin:

Draco

Well, I think this is all very interesting - they have a "Heritage Site" which, it seems, is a house Elron lived across the road from.

Maybe, after all, they just liked the number 666. :melodramatic:

Veda

Sponsor

Well, I think this is all very interesting - they have a "Heritage Site" which, it seems, is a house Elron lived across the road from.

Maybe, after all, they just liked the number 666. :melodramatic:

For what it's worth, 666 East Bay Head was the address in the April 1950 incorporation document for the Hubbard Dianetic Research Foundation.

And, as already mentioned, Mrs. L. Ron Hubbard, as a trustee of the HDRF in April 1950, listed her address as Post Office Box 666.

[video=youtube;MyfBsewo8lY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyfBsewo8lY[/video]

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron

So on one Scientology website they say LRH lived in this house in Bay Head, NJ when he wrote Dianetics:
pg19_1.jpg

http://www.traditionalhubbard.org/page12.htm

On another Scientology website they say he lived across the street at this house when he wrote Dianetics:
bayhead_tour.jpg

L. RON HUBBARD HOUSE

BAYHEAD, NEW JERSEY

The home where Dianetics and Scientology Founder L. Ron Hubbard authored Dianetics: The Modern Science of Mental Health stands fully restored today in Bay Head, New Jersey, an hour south of New York City on the Atlantic shore.

Dianetics
was published in Manhattan on May 9, 1950, and soared straight to the top of The New York Times bestseller list. By the close of the 20th century, it was the best-selling self-help book of all time and remains so today.

Following meticulous restoration, Mr. Hubbard’s Bay Head residence stands today exactly as it did when he lived here. Through original artifacts, informative displays and photographs, the home relates the origin of the book that provided the means to release the full potential of the human mind.

The birthplace of Dianetics is open for tours.

http://www.lronhubbard.org/heritage-sites/bayhead-new-jersey.html

uncover

Gold Meritorious Patron

So on one Scientology website they say LRH lived in this house in Bay Head, NJ when he wrote Dianetics:
pg19_1.jpg

http://www.traditionalhubbard.org/page12.htm

On another Scientology website they say he lived across the street at this house when he wrote Dianetics:
bayhead_tour.jpg

L. RON HUBBARD HOUSE

BAYHEAD, NEW JERSEY

The home where Dianetics and Scientology Founder L. Ron Hubbard authored Dianetics: The Modern Science of Mental Health stands fully restored today in Bay Head, New Jersey, an hour south of New York City on the Atlantic shore.

Dianetics
was published in Manhattan on May 9, 1950, and soared straight to the top of The New York Times bestseller list. By the close of the 20th century, it was the best-selling self-help book of all time and remains so today.

Following meticulous restoration, Mr. Hubbard’s Bay Head residence stands today exactly as it did when he lived here. Through original artifacts, informative displays and photographs, the home relates the origin of the book that provided the means to release the full potential of the human mind.

The birthplace of Dianetics is open for tours.

http://www.lronhubbard.org/heritage-sites/bayhead-new-jersey.html
Hopefully Tony Ortega picks this story of El Con Hubbard, the master of all con-man.....

"Already in 1950 El Con Hubbard was a pathological liar. Living in East Ave 666, Bay Head, NJ El Con Hubbard moved across the street to house no. 664 to take pictures of himself for the purpose to send them to his friends like Robert Heinlein & Co falsely claiming to live in this house and to have "eight bedrooms to wander around and contemplate." "

Last edited: