What's new

John Travolta at Grand Opening of Scientology Site of Founder L. Ron Hubbard's Home

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Re: John Travolta at Grand Opening of Scientology Site of Founder L. Ron Hubbard's Ho

bayhead_tour.jpg

It's amusing to compare the colours of the exterior of the 666 house and the one to the right. The 666 house is a light brown, and the house to the right is far darker.

-----

B2gmS5BIQAAKnjS_zps7379e988.jpg

Yet if you look at earlier photos in this thread, the 666 house at the 2014 opening is dark,and the Google Aug 2013 pic shows the 666 house as dark and the house to the right as far lighter.

666-east-ave.jpg

-----

The cult video I linked to earlier shows the lighter brown in several shots. And the house to the right (seen through the windows in the video) is dark.

So did they simply change the colours of the house in the video (and still) to look lighter?

Paul

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Re: John Travolta at Grand Opening of Scientology Site of Founder L. Ron Hubbard's Ho

So on one Scientology website they say LRH lived in this house in Bay Head, NJ when he wrote Dianetics:
pg19_1.jpg

http://www.traditionalhubbard.org/page12.htm

On another Scientology website they say he lived across the street at this house when he wrote Dianetics:
bayhead_tour.jpg

L. RON HUBBARD HOUSE

BAYHEAD, NEW JERSEY

The home where Dianetics and Scientology Founder L. Ron Hubbard authored Dianetics: The Modern Science of Mental Health stands fully restored today in Bay Head, New Jersey, an hour south of New York City on the Atlantic shore.

Dianetics
was published in Manhattan on May 9, 1950, and soared straight to the top of The New York Times bestseller list. By the close of the 20th century, it was the best-selling self-help book of all time and remains so today.

Following meticulous restoration, Mr. Hubbard’s Bay Head residence stands today exactly as it did when he lived here. Through original artifacts, informative displays and photographs, the home relates the origin of the book that provided the means to release the full potential of the human mind.

The birthplace of Dianetics is open for tours.

Like virtually everything else in Scientology, the PR image is the diametrically exact reverse of what should be happening.

Example:

What Scientologists are trying to make happen: Hubbard's former house is restored & consecrated as some kind of venerated historical site where holy miracles occurred.

What should actually happen: Hubbard's house should be unceremoniously razed to the ground, in similar fashion to the fate that befell other nightmare houses where various sociopaths destroyed innocent victims "without remorse".

BEFORE
gacyhousethen.jpg

PARTY CLOWN JOHN WAYNE GACY
AS "KID-KIND'S GREATEST FRIEND"

john-wayne-gacy.jpg

GOOD TIMES!

OH WAIT!
th

AFTER

65250786.jpg

uncover

Gold Meritorious Patron

Yet if you look at earlier photos in this thread, the 666 house at the 2014 opening is dark,and the Google Aug 2013 pic shows the 666 house as dark and the house to the right as far lighter.

Maybe your observation skills have been deteriorated by consuming too much "BT-hunting-tech" ? :coolwink: Have a look at this picture. Have a real close look:

666-east-ave.jpg

-----

The cult video I linked to earlier shows the lighter brown in several shots. And the house to the right (seen through the windows in the video) is dark.

So did they simply change the colours of the house in the video (and still) to look lighter?

Paul

What can you see near the house right of no. 666 ? Exactly there are ladders.

What are ladders sometimes used for ? Exactly they are used for painting.

When you read the word "painting", does there ring a bell ? :eyeroll:

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron

Maybe your observation skills have been deteriorated by consuming too much "BT-hunting-tech" ? :coolwink: Have a look at this picture. Have a real close look:

What can you see near the house right of no. 666 ? Exactly there are ladders.

What are ladders sometimes used for ? Exactly they are used for painting.

When you read the word "painting", does there ring a bell ? :eyeroll:
Those shingles aren't painted. They are light when new and darken with age. The ladders were probably used to put those new shingles on.

Now why is Scientology claiming 2 different houses across the street from each other as the place LRH wrote Dianetics? They need to update their web pages so their con/lie on this isn't so obvious!

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

Those shingles aren't painted. They are light when new and darken with age.

Ah. How long do they take to darken? Like a year or less? Maybe the promo shots and video were done just after they replaced the shingles on 666, but well before the 2014 opening. That could explain it. But I wouldn't put it past them to decide it was cheaper to dick with the video than replace the shingles if it was going to look the same after a couple of years, not that expense seems to be a factor to the Dwarf.

Paul

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

Maybe your observation skills have been deteriorated by consuming too much "BT-hunting-tech" ? :coolwink:

I've tried BT-hunting on a meter just once (that I recall) since I left the SO in 1996, somewhere around 2003/4. I didn't "find" any. Sorry.

I've certainly discussed it a lot on ESMB, though. :)

Paul

La La Lou Lou

Crusader

I was just wondering how much a whale would pay to buy this house if DM decided to sell it. Unlike idle orgs this place did get tarted up. Who paid for it?

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

I was just wondering how much a whale would pay to buy this house if DM decided to sell it. Unlike idle orgs this place did get tarted up. Who paid for it?

Heritage Properties International is registered in the UK (Company No. FC024764) and has records at Companies House. They have filed accounts annually since 2003 or so. You can buy a copy of one year's accounts for £5 or so:

https://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/ltd/heritage-properties-international

The purchase price per Estate Agent records online was about $3 million. I don't know who paid for it, but it may be in the accounts.

Paul

La La Lou Lou

Crusader

Meanwhile back in the United Kingdom the authorities refuse to put a blue plaque on the LRH museum in 37 Fitzroy Street, London where London Org was and where other books were written. They don't think he was of any importance, unlike Jimmy Hendrix who has a plaque on a house he stayed in, in London. (I agree Hendrix was much more influential)

Did the Hubbard's live in Fitzroy street or elsewhere in London before they bought Saint Hill Manor?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/cel...-the-Scientologist-founder-L-Ron-Hubbard.html

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

I've tried BT-hunting on a meter just once (that I recall) since I left the SO in 1996, somewhere around 2003/4. I didn't "find" any. Sorry.

I've certainly discussed it a lot on ESMB, though. :)

Paul

Interesting, I didn't know that.

The closest I have come to understanding the phenomena related to BT-hunting on a meter is the creative process natural to all people. It parallels the "cycle" of alien-hunting or most auditing for that matter

When doing a creative project (writing, designing, composing music, et al) there is, initially, the chaos of the unknown, before knowing what to create.

From there, questions arise. In auditing, obviously, these would be the commands or auditing questions.

At some point in the creative process (if it is done successfully) a highly satisfactory answer is found. The right line of dialogue for a scriptwriter, the perfect riff for a rock musician, an amazingly simple yet powerful logo graphic for a designer. et al. in auditing, this would of course be a highly satisfactory answer that "explains" whatever case malady is hopefully being remedied.

At the moment a joyful answer appears in the creative process, there are elated physiological and psychological responses, of course. Same with auditing, but they are unfortunately attributed to the TRUTH of such "cognitions" rather than just regarding it as a temporary creative delight.

In my decades of work in both business ventures and extensive creative work, I experienced the IDENTICAL "F/N-ey" kind of feeling when doing anything creative. Scientologists have generally been bamboozled into thinking that this ritualistic EP generator (called "auditing" or "The Bridge") is a miraculous manifestation only available from Hubbard's "tech".

But, those same rapturous feelings are available any time, in unlimited quantities--and for free. It's why I love participating in ESMB...it never fails to amuse and delight.

Last edited:

Dave B.

Maximus Ultimus Mostimus

Meanwhile back in the United Kingdom the authorities refuse to put a blue plaque on the LRH museum in 37 Fitzroy Street, London where London Org was and where other books were written. They don't think he was of any importance, unlike Jimmy Hendrix who has a plaque on a house he stayed in, in London. (I agree Hendrix was much more influential)

Did the Hubbard's live in Fitzroy street or elsewhere in London before they bought Saint Hill Manor?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/cel...-the-Scientologist-founder-L-Ron-Hubbard.html

I think Jimi lived in G.F. Handel's house? I remember something about that. Anyway two larger than life musicians who had to leave their native countries to find acceptance in England.

La La Lou Lou

Crusader

Heritage Properties International is registered in the UK (Company No. FC024764) and has records at Companies House. They have filed accounts annually since 2003 or so. You can buy a copy of one year's accounts for £5 or so:

https://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/ltd/heritage-properties-international

The purchase price per Estate Agent records online was about $3 million. I don't know who paid for it, but it may be in the accounts.

Paul

I won't spend a fiver on the cult!

But Oh yes and they also own L Ron Hubbard House, and presumably a few more....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L._Ron_Hubbard_House

http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/...-ron-hubbard-house-get-there-before-travolta/

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Re: 666 dianetics house celebration

John Travolta at Grand Opening of Scientology Heritage Site of Founder L. Ron Hubbard's Former Home.

Sec Check: LRH Home – Bayhead

https://seccheck.wordpress.com/2014/11/15/lrh-home-bayhead/

* * * * * BEGIN QUOTATION * * * * *

Scientology has been restoring L. Ron Hubbard’s former home at 666 East Ave, Bay Head, NJ as a new “heritage site” to join similar museums in Johannesburg, Washington DC, London and Arizona. Based on these photos, John Travolta was on hand for the grand opening today.

B2gmS5BIQAAKnjS_zps7379e988.jpg

B2gZ7VuCEAAbXH0_zps5a71450c.jpg

B2gpkIuIYAAoL2S_zps889933bb.jpg

From the Scientology web page:

The home where Dianetics and Scientology Founder L. Ron Hubbard authored Dianetics: The Modern Science of Mental Health stands fully restored today in Bay Head, New Jersey, an hour south of New York City on the Atlantic shore.

Following meticulous restoration, Mr. Hubbard’s Bay Head residence stands today exactly as it did when he lived here. Through original artifacts, informative displays and photographs, the home relates the origin of the book that provided the means to release the full potential of the human mind.

* * * * * END QUOTATION * * * * *

This cross-post is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
88x31.png

^^^^ so it that a toupee? I thought Travolta had gone bald.

This story is not about John Travolta's toupee.

It's about the Crowley (666) connection, the almost instant disillusionment of key Dianeticists, and Hubbard's bizarre statements about them, and their statements about him.

It's about a part of the Dianetic saga that Scientology Inc. has sought to bury for over sixty years.

I hope someone who's on the ball will make the most of this and publicize the important parts.

Some anon protests at this "heritage site" - emphasizing the 666 connection, and the bizarre history - would be a welcome sight.

20111105__news05space1107~1_VIEWER.jpg

No it isn't "about the Crowley (666) connection..." I have copied the original post so you can see what this thread is about. John Travolta at the Grand Opening of Scientology Site of Founder L. Ron Hubbard's Home.

The toupee question is appropriate for the thread, just as the noting of the 666 address of the home is in relation to Crowley. But the thread is about Travolta attending the Grand Opening. Just thought I would remind you of that.

As for the toupee, Leland, yes, he is bald, but he's spent years trying to find the right hair extension treatments to make it look like he's not wearing one. Most of his efforts were fails.. His hair in the photo at the opening is perhaps the closest to authentic it's looked in a long time. If you Google search Travolta + hair, you'll see what I mean :)

Veda

Sponsor
Re: 666 dianetics house celebration

No it isn't "about the Crowley (666) connection..." I have copied the original post so you can see what this thread is about. John Travolta at the Grand Opening of Scientology Site of Founder L. Ron Hubbard's Home.

You're correct. The thread is about John Travolta; however, the story - the main story - is about Hubbard's wife, Sara, and other trustees of the Hubbard Dianetic Research Foundation incorporated in April 1950 using the 666 address.

secretiveoldfag

Silver Meritorious Patron

This thread certainly began with John Travolta and a small band of the faithful BUT ...

It was also about 'the Scientology Heritage Site of Founder L. Ron Hubbard's Former Home' to quote OP.

And that is where we are now.

Really there is limited mileage in John T and his hair-pieces. Poor guy.

PS Meantime I got up to date on the word segue which means to change imperceptibly from one thing to a different thing. This thread has segued from John Travolta's hair to L Ron Hubbard's unspeakable trousers.

And did anyone else notice the distaste on his face when forced to pose with his (second) wife?

Last edited:

La La Lou Lou

Crusader

This thread certainly began with John Travolta and a small band of the faithful BUT ...

It was also about 'the Scientology Heritage Site of Founder L. Ron Hubbard's Former Home' to quote OP.

And that is where we are now.

Really there is limited mileage in John T and his hair-pieces. Poor guy.

To me JT's head furniture is indicative of a lot about scn PR. Once Travolta was gorgeous, he was so cute, full of optimism and bouncing with youth, he is now a sad fat bald man, but he's not allowed to be, he should impress people with his OT ability to hold back the effect of time. Hence the rugs. Once Hubbard posed outside his tiny cottage with the woman he had just made a child with, her face beaming with love for the child and his expressionless, trying to look cool and important. This thread has a lot to do with the fact that scientologists lie, it's what they do, and they do it to try to make a steaming elephant turd look like a Christmas dinner at the Ritz.

Osiris

Patron with Honors

the number 666 is full of significance, & Hubbard surely would have been aware of its meaning ..... even if he acquired the number by chance,

Draco

"Already in 1950 El Con Hubbard was a pathological liar. Living in East Ave 666, Bay Head, NJ El Con Hubbard moved across the street to house no. 664 to take pictures of himself for the purpose to send them to his friends like Robert Heinlein & Co falsely claiming to live in this house and to have "eight bedrooms to wander around and contemplate."

He also mentions in the letter, being able to walk out of the door onto the beach - 666 is not a beach front property, but 664 is. Hubbard lying about living there and backing it up with photos sounds about right for him.

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron

"Already in 1950 El Con Hubbard was a pathological liar. Living in East Ave 666, Bay Head, NJ El Con Hubbard moved across the street to house no. 664 to take pictures of himself for the purpose to send them to his friends like Robert Heinlein & Co falsely claiming to live in this house and to have "eight bedrooms to wander around and contemplate."

He also mentions in the letter, being able to walk out of the door onto the beach - 666 is not a beach front property, but 664 is. Hubbard lying about living there and backing it up with photos sounds about right for him.
Was John W. Campbell part of the lie? This photo of him and LRH is in front of 664 East Ave.
campbell-hubbardwb.jpg