What's new

John Travolta at Grand Opening of Scientology Site of Founder L. Ron Hubbard's Home

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Re: John Travolta at Grand Opening of Scientology Site of Founder L. Ron Hubbard's Ho

I don't get all this.

Surely Hubbard couldn't have afforded to either buy or rent the huge house depicted at 666, nor furnish it in the style presented by the lying rapacious cult that we know so well.

So what is this "cramped" "cottage" written of, and where was it situated? If you look at the birds-eye view of the property (from http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/666-East-Ave-Bay-Head-NJ-08742/39517872_zpid/) there is no room for a "cottage" on the lot, unless we are talking about the garage (which looks an awful lot like a garage from the front). The lot ends at the back of the garage.

666-east-ave-birdseye.jpg

Maybe he did live in a real cramped cottage somewhere nearby, and simply persuaded the occupants of #666 to let him use it as a mailing address because the number tickled his fancy for obvious reasons.

Paul

I think what's currently the garage is what used to be the "cottage".

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Re: John Travolta at Grand Opening of Scientology Site of Founder L. Ron Hubbard's Ho

I think what's currently the garage is what used to be the "cottage".

I wondered about that. The house was built in 1918. But that, er, shed, is awfully small to live in. Electricity? Plumbing? Toilet? Kitchen?

Maybe the current garage is a relatively new structure and the original building has been replaced. Maybe we'll never know.

Paul

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron

What was John Travolta doing in Ocean County?

By
Dianne DeOliveira
November 17, 2014 12:34 PM

10427282_749382438448245_6728067561085549382_n-300x200.jpg

10413350_749382958448193_2562350970245320107_n-300x200.jpg

Celebrity Scientologist John Travolta and wife Kelly Preston were in Bay Head on Saturday for the dedication of Church Founder L. Ron Hubbard’s former home at 666 East Avenue, according to Borough Mayor William Curtis.

“The Bay Head Historical Society awarded them {Scientologists} a plaque and an Outstanding Service to the Community because they restored the house to the way it was in 1949 and 1950,” said Curtis.

Read More: What was John Travolta doing in Ocean County? | http://wobm.com/what-was-john-travolta-doing-in-ocean-county/?trackback=tsmclip

secretiveoldfag

Silver Meritorious Patron

I think John Campbell owned 664 and that he used it as a kind of dormitory for writers (Ron mentions two others living there) in the hope that sooner or later they would provide him with publishable material.

I'm not sure that 666 comes into this story at any point except as a Hubbardian joke. The 'cottage' with eight bedrooms is another typically Hubbardian joke. Verging on a lie.

So where did Attack get his 'cramped' accommodation from? Perhaps he extrapolated from the 'cottage' (which has failed to be found). Hubbard said he was wandering around a house with eight bedrooms which sounds (for once) like the truth. But this house seems to have been at 664 as in the photograph and not at 666 which has nothing at all to do with Hubbard.

Unless I missed something on the way along...

La La Lou Lou

Crusader

I think John Campbell owned 664 and that he used it as a kind of dormitory for writers (Ron mentions two others living there) in the hope that sooner or later they would provide him with publishable material.

I'm not sure that 666 comes into this story at any point except as a Hubbardian joke. The 'cottage' with eight bedrooms is another typically Hubbardian joke. Verging on a lie.

So where did Attack get his 'cramped' accommodation from? Perhaps he extrapolated from the 'cottage' (which has failed to be found). Hubbard said he was wandering around a house with eight bedrooms which sounds (for once) like the truth. But this house seems to have been at 664 as in the photograph and not at 666 which has nothing at all to do with Hubbard.

I think Hubbard himself didn't know what he was talking about, what was truth and what was fiction, and what was 'poetic license' to make him sound good. He probably wandered around the eight rooms talking to other writers, not living there but in there just to chat with the others, share a drink and maybe get some ideas off them, meanwhile he slept with the mother of his daughter in the cottage that was later converted into a garage, just big enough for a typewriter a bed and maybe a cot. Which actually is a far more romantic scenario than an empty vast echoey wooden house, but it's just not posh enough to please David and the Whales.

Veda

Sponsor

If you Google "666 East Ave, Bay Head, NJ" some interesting tidbits show up, like the date of the sale (2010) and this:

http://www.bayheadnj.org/bhnj/Plann...das & Minutes/PlanningBoardMinutesFeb2011.pdf

It is the local planning board minutes for Feb 2011, covering the changes the cult (Heritage Properties International) proposed doing to restore the property to its 1949/50 state. I don't see anything remarkable there, beyond maybe:

Mr. Zabarsky stated that the architect, on behalf of the applicant, has confirmed that they
know the permitted use in the zone is a single family residential dwelling and that is the
intent of how it will be used. This will be a condition of the resolution. The representation
is that it is not going to be a museum. If it were to be used for any other use they would
have to come back in front of the Board.​

I don't know how true that is. :)

Paul

This is another extract from the same document:

Seems to me that they withheld relevant information from the Planning Board and that consent ought to be withdrawn.

"Mr. Craig confirmed with Ms. Frizzell that it will not be made into a museum... "

What was John Travolta doing in Ocean County?

By
Dianne DeOliveira
November 17, 2014 12:34 PM

10427282_749382438448245_6728067561085549382_n-300x200.jpg

10413350_749382958448193_2562350970245320107_n-300x200.jpg

Celebrity Scientologist John Travolta and wife Kelly Preston were in Bay Head on Saturday for the dedication of Church Founder L. Ron Hubbard’s former home at 666 East Avenue, according to Borough Mayor William Curtis.

The Bay Head Historical Society awarded them {Scientologists} a plaque and an Outstanding Service to the Community because they restored the house to the way it was in 1949 and 1950,” said Curtis.

Read More: What was John Travolta doing in Ocean County? | http://wobm.com/what-was-john-travolta-doing-in-ocean-county/?trackback=tsmclip

Looks like Scientology has a) moved in to an unsuspecting location using a front group b) lied c) sent in a "Scientology celebrity" to schmooze the "homo saps" (as its founder called them). Now it appears that LRH Commendations, Awards & Plaque tech has been applied.

Wonder if the folks at Bay Head have any idea of what is now in the midst?

Veda

Sponsor

-snip-

But this house seems to have been at 664 as in the photograph and not at 666 which has nothing at all to do with Hubbard.

The incorporation papers for the Hubbard Dianetic Research Foundation from April 1950 give the 666 address.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

Yes. I wonder what the cult will use it for. "Single family residence" I imagine it will be to some extent, namely a caretaker "family" of some kind without sticky-fingered children or excretory pets. Maybe specially-invited whales or schmoozed-up dignitaries will get to stay overnight, complete with photo op in the front porch of the building. I can't see too many uninvited culties traipsing up there just to see the exterior.

From the video I linked to earlier (post #26) it looks very pretty inside, although the video is better experienced if you turn the sound off. I'm not too sure how the cult gets to claim "historical accuracy" for the furnishings and fittings right down to the table settings. It's not like there's a nice colour video from 1949 showcasing the place.

There's a Hubbard-type Remington typewriter on display in the video. But didn't Hubbard dictate DMSMH, like almost all his other books? I forget.

Paul

La La Lou Lou

Crusader

Yes. I wonder what the cult will use it for. "Single family residence" I imagine it will be to some extent, namely a caretaker "family" of some kind without sticky-fingered children or excretory pets. Maybe specially-invited whales or schmoozed-up dignitaries will get to stay overnight, complete with photo op in the front porch of the building. I can't see too many uninvited culties traipsing up there just to see the exterior.

From the video I linked to earlier (post #26) it looks very pretty inside, although the video is better experienced if you turn the sound off. I'm not too sure how the cult gets to claim "historical accuracy" for the furnishings and fittings right down to the table settings. It's not like there's a nice colour video from 1949 showcasing the place.

There's a Hubbard-type Remington typewriter on display in the video. But didn't Hubbard dictate DMSMH, like almost all his other books? I forget.

Paul

It's not about accuracy, it's about creating the right kind of image. Just like the monkey room in SH, they've taken out the fifties clumsy office furniture, the full ashtrays and years of GOWW abuse, Kember and Parkhouse smoke stains from the gaps in the plastic sheeting covering the remarkable mural. Lies are important. it's all per the axioms, lies make something stick, the truth gets forgotten because it gets asised. Lie about the past create myths, the wronger the better. lies will set mankind free.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

It's not about accuracy, it's about creating the right kind of image. Just like the monkey room in SH, they've taken out the fifties clumsy office furniture, the full ashtrays and years of GOWW abuse, Kember and Parkhouse smoke stains from the gaps in the plastic sheeting covering the remarkable mural.

I worked in the monkey room for a year from the end of 1972 when I was "Bills Payments Preparing Officer," my first post in the Sea Org. Treasury AOSHUK did treas functions for AOSHUK, SHF, FOLOUK and others and shared the monkey room with GOWW Finance Bureau and Herbie (he had his own little office at the back). There was a double row of filing cabinets (single height) back to back separating them and us.

When we moved out we went into the solarium next.

Paul

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron

"Mr. Craig confirmed with Ms. Frizzell that it will not be made into a museum... "

Looks like Scientology has a) moved in to an unsuspecting location using a front group b) lied c) sent in a "Scientology celebrity" to schmooze the "homo saps" (as its founder called them). Now it appears that LRH Commendations, Awards & Plaque tech has been applied.

They probably do, Scientology has said the home is open for tours for a few years. Why they had a dedication for it Saturday is another question I have. Maybe the received an approval for a larger number of visitors?

La La Lou Lou

Crusader

I worked in the monkey room for a year from the end of 1972 when I was "Bills Payments Preparing Officer," my first post in the Sea Org. Treasury AOSHUK did treas functions for AOSHUK, SHF, FOLOUK and others and shared the monkey room with GOWW Finance Bureau and Herbie (he had his own little office at the back). There was a double row of filing cabinets (single height) back to back separating them and us.

When we moved out we went into the solarium next.

Paul

I saw it once when I was on the RPF, it was after your time there, you must have been safely staring out of the window of the solarium at the birds and plants, I nearly cried seeing the way such a lovely place was being ignored and abused. It was like seeing the sistine chapel being used for water boarding.

Veda

Sponsor

They probably do, Scientology has said the home is open for tours for a few years. Why they had a dedication for it Saturday is another question I have. Maybe the received an approval for a larger number of visitors?

Yup. Looking at the dates. The earliest Bay Head document where the puzzled planning board is being deceived is from February 2011. http://www.bayheadnj.org/bhnj/Plann...das & Minutes/PlanningBoardMinutesFeb2011.pdf

And by March 2013 the Mayor of Bay Head, Mayor Curtis, is reading a Proclamation - L. Ron Hubbard Day. http://www.bayheadnj.org/bhnj/Agendas & Minutes/2013 Agenda & Minutes/3-4-13 Minutes.pdf

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Yup. Looking at the dates. The earliest Bay Head document where the puzzled planning board is being deceived is from February 2011. http://www.bayheadnj.org/bhnj/Plann...das & Minutes/PlanningBoardMinutesFeb2011.pdf

And by March 2013 the Mayor of Bay Head, Mayor Curtis, is reading a Proclamation - L. Ron Hubbard Day. http://www.bayheadnj.org/bhnj/Agendas & Minutes/2013 Agenda & Minutes/3-4-13 Minutes.pdf

Very interesting, thanks!

From the link you provided:

Mr. Bevere asked Mr. Craig what his marching orders with respect to this project.

Mr. Craig stated to restore it to the condition it was in, in 1949-1950. We would remove thelittle one story on the back corner of the house plus remove some items that had been builtin the backyard over time and do some work to the front of the house that is in the frontsetback. The items in the front setback are to remove the third floor balcony, replacing thelittle piece of the roof there, putting the screens back on the second floor, taking out thewindows on what was previously the first floor screened in porch and replacing that withscreens, removing the little eave that is built onto the front of the building over the firstfloor front porch. There is no increase in footprint and there are no structural additions.There are some interior renovations. There is a permit with the building department forthese non-variance items.

Mr. Bevere confirmed with Mr. Craig that there are no other variances and the non-conformity will be decreased.

Mr. Bevere asked the Board if they have any questions.

Mr. Furze stated it is highly unusual in Bay Head for the size of a residence to bediminished. What is the motivation for tearing off the family room?

Mr. Bevere answered, to bring it back to the 1940’s and 1950’s. That addition was notthere.

Ms. Frizzell asked why bring it back to the 1950’s? Is there some historical significance tothat date?

Mr. Craig stated this is when one of the founders of Heritage Properties lived in the housefrom 1949-1950 and did some writing there. It is their intent to restore it to when he lived there.

Mr. Craig confirmed with Ms. Wintersteen that it will remain a single family home. It willmaintain its residential status.

Mr. Craig confirmed with Ms. Frizzell that it will not be made into a museum to this writer.

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron

From: http://scientologybollocks.blogspot.com/2014/11/lrh-home-posted-on-2014-11-15-by-sec.html

Lurkness 8 hours ago
From a discussion here last night, ESMB has an interesting discussion about Travolta dedicating the house in Bay Head, NJ where Hubbard and Sara lived in 1949-50. It is where LRH wrote Dianetics and the house was owned by John Campbell the sci-fi magazine publisher where Dianetics first appeared in print. There is a picture of LRH, Sara and baby Alexis (below) that you will never see from Scientology. Also, the house LRH and Sara are posing in front of is across the street from 666 East Avenue (appropriate address for Hubbard) that the Chult has purchased and renovated.

There is also, of course, controversy.

The Chult, through their foundation, promised local officials that the house at 666 was being renovated for single-family use and would not be used as a museum. Maybe they have since gotten a zoning change after the initial lies to the locals? There are also other pictures of LRH in front of 665 East Ave, including one with John Campbell (also below Pic2). The house Chult purchased and renovated is Pic3. Either LRH was trying to make it look like he was using the bigger, nicer house at 665 that is also on the water front or the Chult couldn't buy that house and is using another (666) as their "Heritage" site. Pic4

http://www.forum.exscn.net/sho...

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron

From wwp 2010:

Re: Scientologists buy home of founder

John A. Devries was involved...figures..

has his own thread at ESMB
Stupid Cult Moron John Devries
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=10869

and Here at WWP
Stupid Cult Moron John Devries
http://forums.whyweprotest.net/123-leaks-legal/stupid-cult-moron-john-devries-43507/

Heritage Properties International
Incorporated by Rachel Cuevas, Heritage Properties International is located at 419 N Larchmont Blvd # 86 Los Angeles, CA 90004. Heritage Properties International was incorporated on Tuesday, March 04, 2003 in the State of CA and is currently active. Jeanne M Gavigan represents Heritage Properties International as their registered agent​
http://www.corporationwiki.com/Cali...ritage-properties-international/43783434.aspx

Heritage Properties International is a Tax exempt organization set up by the cult

Jeanne M Gavigan is an Attorney who has represented the cult in several cases.

Heritage Properties International is using about 5 addresses to play their shell game.​
Triumph, Oct 15, 2010

https://whyweprotest.net/threads/scientologists-buy-home-of-founder.64334/

DeeAnna

Patron Meritorious

Now this is odd .......... or hilarious. I was reading an article from last April about a woman whose husband was just arrested for her murder three years ago. At the bottom of the article are several "teaser" headlines with photos above them. One of the headlines is "12 CELEBS WHO CAME OUT OF THE CLOSET". And the photo above the headline is of
John Travolta!

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2014/04/08/2-year-old-shooting-investigation-reopened/

Sadly, when you click onto the article, Travolta is not listed. Oops! Must be some kind of mistake that his picture ended up there?

La La Lou Lou

Crusader

Now this is odd .......... or hilarious. I was reading an article from last April about a woman whose husband was just arrested for her murder three years ago. At the bottom of the article are several "teaser" headlines with photos above them. One of the headlines is "12 CELEBS WHO CAME OUT OF THE CLOSET". And the photo above the headline is of
John Travolta!

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2014/04/08/2-year-old-shooting-investigation-reopened/

Sadly, when you click onto the article, Travolta is not listed. Oops! Must be some kind of mistake that his picture ended up there?

Maybe it's been removed from fear of litigation.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

Maybe it's been removed from fear of litigation.

Maybe the pic of Travolta was just used as a come-on and he was never in the article. The practice of deliberately using misleading images or headlines is not uncommon.

Paul