ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

‘Darth Xander’ files motion challenging Scientology’s anti-protesting injunction

Discussion in 'Legal and Government Actions Involving Scientology' started by CommunicatorIC, Sep 26, 2015.

1. CommunicatorIC

CommunicatorIC @IndieScieNews on Twitter

Tony Ortega: ‘Darth Xander’ files motion challenging Scientology’s anti-protesting injunction

http://tonyortega.org/2015/09/26/da...ologys-anti-protesting-injunction/#more-25741

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

On Friday, Illinois attorney Alex Hageli, better known by his nom de guerre “Darth Xander,” filed a motion with the Pinellas County Circuit Court in Florida asking to dissolve the permanent injunction that the Church of Scientology managed to get against the Lisa McPherson Trust back in 2001.

Hageli lives in Chicago, but he frequently travels to Clearwater, Florida to picket and videotape the key Scientology facilities of its “spiritual mecca,” and repeatedly he’s run into trouble because of the injunction, which was intended to regulate a completely different set of people from a very different time.

“I’m tired of having to talk about the injunction with Clearwater police, and I figured it would save me a lot of time in the long run if I just asked a judge to dissolve it,” Hageli tells us.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

2. Gizmo

Gizmo Rabble Rouser

Brings to mind " Give 'em an inch & they'll take a mile ".

As we've seen more public opinion turn against the abuses of the cult we are also starting to see our legal system start to apply our laws to the cult.

Those bastards in the cult are doomed - just not as quickly as most of us would like.

3. Cat Daddy

Cat Daddy Silver Meritorious Patron

https://whyweprotest.net/threads/‘d...entology’s-anti-protesting-injunction.130292/

4. Cat Daddy

Cat Daddy Silver Meritorious Patron

[video=youtube;IXdNnw99-Ic]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXdNnw99-Ic[/video]

5. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

From the Bunker this morning:

6. Leland

Leland Crusader

Fantastic!

Great message sent to Clearwater Police Department.....

HANDS OFF PROTESTERS!!

:)

Edited: the wording of the message to Clearwater Police.....means that "they should NOT RESPOND to reports from the CofS....that any protester is near their property."

My experience protesting at Flag.....is that a cop would follow me around....where ever I went......walking with me....blocks and blocks .....so this might stop.

But.....Having a cop, near me while protesting.....did at some times give me a feeling of security.....from the OSA security guys and girls.....and regular Cult Security....that also followed me around.....

Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
  7. AnonyMary

AnonyMary Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

This is a tremendouly important step in the right direction! Kudos to Darth Xander/ Alex :thumbsup:

BTW, Leland, I am curious on what is your take on John P's comment about it? Mine is posted there in response, as well as copied below.

http://tonyortega.org/2015/11/14/je...ogy-prices-are-outrageous/#comment-2359364034

http://tonyortega.org/2015/11/14/je...ogy-prices-are-outrageous/#comment-2359504528

8. Leland

Leland Crusader

Yes, I agree. with John P.

Plus a couple additions....and rephrasing to my post above.

In my experience.....most of the Clearwater Cops.....that are around the Cult buildings....are off duty....

That one cop that followed me all over downtown Clearwater.....was off duty....

They have hired themselves out to the Cult of Scientology.....they are "moonlighting....."

Yes....the Cult security....could easily fabricate an incident.....they did with me...

At one protest.....in full view of several Clearwater Police.....I was interfered with by a bunch of Cult people with umbrellas....

The cops watching did nothing.....even after I asked them to.

But when on of their umbrellas got caught in one of my protest signs.....and a scuffle ensued....then the Cops....came over......and told me point blank......"either leave now.....or get arrested."

I decided to walk away.

So.....what need of the Cult to "call the Police".....when there is usually one there anyway? (during any major event....)

Just last week....I mentioned in another post....I saw an OSA operative...with 2 others.....inside the Clearwater Police Department.....waiting to have a meeting...there with the Police....

So....will have to see.

9. CommunicatorIC

CommunicatorIC @IndieScieNews on Twitter

10. Type4_PTS

A way to reduce the possibility of cult security fabricating an incident as well as increasing the possibility of the police properly doing their job is to protest with others, and shoot lots of video, especially when there is any interaction between protesters and other people.

11. Type4_PTS

Here is an excerpt of a post I snipped from Simi Valley over at the Bunker earlier today:

12. Type4_PTS