ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at

2/16 New Book: Swim To Get Out: A Soldier's Account Of Scientology's Sea Organization

Discussion in 'Books and Essays About Scientology' started by CommunicatorIC, Dec 14, 2015.

View Users: View Users
  1. CommunicatorIC

    CommunicatorIC @IndieScieNews on Twitter

    Attached Files:

    Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
  2. Type4_PTS

    Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

  3. Smurf

    Smurf Gold Meritorious SP

    Re: 2/16 New Book: Swim To Get Out: A Soldier's Account Of Scientology's Sea Organiza

    Approach with caution. When this individual first came out, alot of suspicions arose. No former members or ex-Freewinds staff had ever heard of him or recognized him. He claims to have been a former "Medical Liaison Officer" in the cult with no medical schooling or experience to back it up.

    He, evidently, refused to provide evidence he was an Iraqi war veteran. He asks people to check out his website which is now down.

    "J. Marius Jeanpierre - left after 6 years - Sea Org for 3 years, Medical Liaison Officer, New York, Atlanta, Clearwater - his story"

    He claims to own a Haitian-based company, Hasonet, but he's also based in New Jersey.

    The problem with posting a personal history account via a small Christian-based publisher is that the first-person accounts are not verifiable, nor are there any records to vouch for it's authenticity. It's solely up to the reader whether they believe the author or not.
  4. CommunicatorIC

    CommunicatorIC @IndieScieNews on Twitter

    Re: 2/16 New Book: Swim To Get Out: A Soldier's Account Of Scientology's Sea Organiza

    Thanks for the head's up. When I see something like this, I tend to: (a) cross-post it right away unless I know of some reason not to do so (which sometimes happens); and (b) take people's word for their Scientology history and experience unless I have seen evidence otherwise.

    For what it is worth, I knew MLOs in Scientology who had no medical training. Indeed, as I recall from her book, Jenna Miscavige served as the MLO at her children's Org at some young age (12? 13?) with no training, medical or otherwise.

    If anyone is interested in verifying J. Marius Jeanpierre's military history, the procedure is as follows:

    National Archives at St. Louis - Access to Official Military Personnel Files (OMPF) - for the General Public

    * * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

    [h=2]What Type of Information is Releasable to the General Public?[/h]The type of information releasable to the general public from Federal (non-archival) records is dependent upon whether or not a person is requesting information under the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) or has access authorization from the veteran or next-of-kin.With the Veteran or Next-of-Kin's authorization:
    The veteran (or next-of-kin if the veteran is deceased) must authorize the release of any information not available to the public under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA). In some cases, the veteran may already possess military documents that contain the information you are seeking. The authorization must:

    1. be in writing;
    2. specify what additional information or copies that the NPRC may release to you; and
    3. include the signature of the veteran or next-of-kin. A sample authorization is included for your review.
    Please note: Next-of-kin must also provide proof of death of the veteran, such as a copy of the death certificate, a letter from the funeral home or a published obituary.Without the Veteran or Next-of-Kin's authorization:
    Without the consent of the veteran or next-of-kin, the NPRC can only release limited information from non-archival Official Military Personnel Files (OMPF) to the general public. Click here for a list of information available under the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act. Greater access is granted for records 62 years and older, see Archival Records.
    [h=2]How do I request copies of records?[/h]Federal law [5 USC 552a(b)] requires that all requests for records and information be submitted in writing. Each request must be signed (in cursive) and dated(within the last year).Certain basic information needed to locate military service records, includes: the veteran's complete name as used in service; service number; Social Security Number (if applicable); branch of service; dates of service; date and place of birth. For records affected by the 1973 Fire, additional information, such as place of discharge; last assigned unit; and place of entry into service may be useful.To access military service records, requesters may:
    When sending a request via postal mail or fax, please use the Standard Form (SF) 180, Request Pertaining to Military Records. Although not mandatory, using the SF-180 is the recommended method to send a request for military service information. This form captures all the necessary information to locate a record. Provide as much information on the form as possible and send copies of any service documents that you may have.Follow the instructions for preparing the SF-180. Check the Records Location Table and submit your request to the appropriate address.Note: For the issuance and replacement of medals and awards, do not use the addresses on the SF-180. See Military Awards and Decorations for additional information on how and where to submit correspondence for issuance or replacement.Costs: The NPRC processes most requests for limited information without cost. However, it is possible that a fee may be charged if the researching, processing and photocopying becomes excessive. If your request involves a service fee, you will be notified as soon as that determination is made. See Archival Records for information on archival holdings and associated copy fees: the NARA fee schedule authorizes the Agency to collect fees from the public for copies of archival records (44 USC 2116c and 44 USC 2307).Those who have authorization from the veteran or the veteran's next-of-kin may request an appointment with the Federal Records Center Research Room to view the records in person.

    * * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *