ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Featured 30+ Years in Scientology

Discussion in 'Stories From Inside Scientology' started by Free to shine, Mar 9, 2008.

View Users: View Users
  1. otgirl8

otgirl8 Patron

Do you still have photos? Your story is amazing!:)

2. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

Well, I'm not sure why, but today I feel like posting my name. There are ongoing family issues as I come from a multi generational scio family, and I felt it would be easier on them if I didn't go public, so I didn't. I was also told to stop posting last year on threat of disconnection, which I refused to do so the threat was carried out. This is my story and I refuse to be told what I can and can't communicate about.

I am Sue Thompson, and for anyone who was at Saint Hill from 68-77 I was known as Sue James or Henderson there.

:happydance:

3. Good twin

Good twin Floater

How does it feel to walk in the daylight, Sue?

Congrats on your freedom. :hug:

4. Wisened One

Wisened One Crusader

:bighug: Sue! :thumbsup:

5. Free to shine

Thanks WO - you are an inspiration!

I realised there is actually little emotion, like quite a few people know who I am anyway! I just got to thinking that by not being proudly myself, I was to that degree still under the influence, so to speak. :D

To any of my family who may read this and feel upset, please know it isn't my intention. To me the journey of really finding myself has been a profound and complicated one. I didn't have a lot of choice in early years, or felt I didn't, and now I am free to (shine) choose. Being an ostrich isn't a choice of mine any more. I am finally the artist I always wanted to be and even if I cope with physical problems, it does not make me the dreadful deluded waste of space that scientology makes me out to be. :dance3:

6. Wisened One

Wisened One Crusader

YOU have been an inspiration to me, Sue! (and GT has as well!). You guys were there for me when I was newly posting here and stumbling outward and upwards. Your replies were so kind, so helpful and I felt pure relief to be able to share my thoughts and feelings here without preparing to flinch...you know?

STUPID that such a 'loving religion of Mankind' makes one feel like this! Huh? :grouch:

By you stepping out into the sunlight, I agree Sue: You ARE 'Free To Shine' Now I gotta wear sunglasses! :coolwink:

7. Patricia Curtis

Patricia Curtis Patron with Honors

To any family member of Sue Thompson's that may be reading this thread - please know that this is one of the most lovely women I have ever had the pleasure of encountering. Behind the scenes, in emails and PM's, she has shared with me the deep and undying love she feels toward her family, and in particular her children and her mother. Do not let this gift of a human being pass you by. Challenge the rules of disconnection. Test out the connections that transcend those rigid and lifeless rules you've been taught and reach out to this woman. I love Sue Thompson. She is a beautiful artist and a terrific individual who has sincerely graced my life.

8. Tiger Lily

Tiger Lily Gold Meritorious Patron

Sue you are awesome!!! What a courageous thing to do!!! I can hear the chains breaking from the other side of the world! :happydance: I'm so glad that you are done letting fear rule your actions . . I hope this takes a lot of negative weight off your shoulders. I know this has been so hard for you!

-TL

9. Tiger Lily

Tiger Lily Gold Meritorious Patron

To Sue's family:

Sue is an amazing person and an amazing friend and she loves her family so much!

I can't say it better than this: Please read this post again:

One more time wouldn't hurt:

:heartflower::heartflower::heartflower: :heartflower::heartflower::heartflower:

-TL

10. Free to shine

Aw shit...:bigcry: My screen is blurry.

Thanks everyone, and RIF that is the nicest thing anyone ever said about me, I am speechless.

11. Wisened One

Wisened One Crusader

I heartily agree with RIF's post!

To Sue's Family:

YOU are missing out on many happy, loving times with her, imo!

12. Patricia Curtis

Patricia Curtis Patron with Honors

Sue, you are a treasure. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the bravery you are showing. Here in America it's Independence Day. Apparently the same is true in Australia. Love you, girl.

13. Kathy (ImOut)

Kathy (ImOut) Gold Meritorious Patron

Hi Sue!!!! Nice to meet you. LOL!!!

Just use the same video that Zinj gave me for my daughter - Tommy Davis saying there is NO DISCONNECTION. You'll find the video on the thread titled "Drama in Los Angeles (or LA). It worked for my daughter's situation.

You are so right - it's your story and you can share or not share as you feel is right for you. Even out you're being told what you can and cannot do. :no:

14. Kathy (ImOut)

Kathy (ImOut) Gold Meritorious Patron

RIF,

That is so eloquently written. :bigcry:

15. Free to shine

Oh yay - that's it then, it leaked over here!

Many here have stood up and stated who they are, many, you included my friend. Love you too and I even copied your sig line. So y'all are my inspiration, and here's to an end of cult abuses and intimidation.

:hifive: :party: :grouphug:

ps thanks Kathy! See, you went first...

16. justaguy

justaguy Patron Meritorious

So are you Sue 'Free to shine' Thompson?

Sue Thompson: Free to shine?

Because, I dunno bout you, but "Sue Freetoshine" rolls off the tongue better for me than all of the above.

:welcome: to freeeeedom! :congratulations:

17. lionheart

lionheart Gold Meritorious Patron

Well done Sue!

I agree with RIF, you have graced our lives by your presence.

The cult cannot hide from your shining light! :happydance:

18. Ladybird

Ladybird Silver Meritorious Patron

Congratulations Sue "Free to Shine"!!! I am so proud of you, and always have been for what a treasure you have been to all of us on the boards!

I hope with all my heart that your family has doubts they have been afraid to voice too, (since no scientologist is allowed to honestly communicate lest they get disconnected), and that you will all be be able to be there for each other soon.

I know you will be there for them no matter how long it takes and they are going to need you when the cult falls apart.

All my very best to you!

19. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

Shine on ... you crazy diamond.

Hello Free to shine ... I mean Hello Sue!

Look at you!!!

You are beautiful.

:rose: :rose: :rose:

20. Telepathetic

Telepathetic Gold Meritorious Patron

Hi Sue, and congratulations! You are brave.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I just reread your story also...I couldn't stop reading! You need to think about writing a book:D

LOVE,

TP