What's new

9/9/18: Book signing for A Mother’s Heartbreak: How Scientology Destroyed My Family by Lori Hodgson

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Sunday, September 9, 2018 - Book signing for A Mother’s Heartbreak: How Scientology Destroyed My Family by Lori Hodgson.

In front of Recycle Bookstore, 275 E. Campbell Ave., Campbell, CA, during the Campbell Downtown Farmers Market.

ULEooNl.jpg

wOnhLh8.png

hodgson.jpg

I had the pleasure of meeting author and former Scientologist Lori Hodgson this past Sunday, where she was hosting a book signing event at Recycle Books in Campbell, California. Her book A Mother’s Heartbreak, How Scientology Destroyed My Family, released in April of this year is her story of her experience with Scientology’s despicable disconnection policy. It’s a grueling and gut-wrenching story that Tony Ortega had reported on extensively on his website.

A little sidebar trivia: I learned that Lori and I grew up in close by neighborhoods in San Jose. I lived in Cambrian Park, and she lived in Dartmouth, less than two miles from each other. Our high school football teams certainly played each other every year. But she was a handful of years younger than I, so our paths would not have likely crossed. Still, I was delighted to learn that for a brief time, we were neighbors.