ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

A brief breakdown of the 8 OT levels?

Discussion in 'Scientology Technology' started by Cannon Fodder, Mar 8, 2009.

View Users: View Users
  1. SchwimmelPuckel

SchwimmelPuckel Genuine Meatball

WUT!? - Why, you're right.. Wasn't Dart.. Was you!

I flounder corrected!

:duh:

Last edited: Mar 10, 2009
  2. EP - Ethics Particle

EP - Ethics Particle Gold Meritorious Patron

Your "Program"!

Fall out and loll around fer a while....then, when the mood strikes ya - re-read RogerB's two posts that I quoted a page or two back...and if yer not sure what some of the words mean or sumphin, just ask someone. :coolwink: or better yet, just figure out what they mean from the general context. :thumbsup:

Yawn once in a while - it's not all that serious. :whistling:

EP

3. lionheart

lionheart Gold Meritorious Patron

One of the problems with Scn is it can tend to put being cause as senior to being effect. This sticks people on one side of the apparent polarity

As "processing" questions are being quoted here are some Sedona Method style ones that I found useful for this being effect thing.

Could I allow myself to be cause?
    Could I allow myself to be effect?

Alternating those tends to discharge one against the other, producing a release.

Over the control thing that you mentioned, a good question is:

Could I allow myself to let go of wanting control?

Despite what Ron told us about "cause" the truth is that no matter how hard we try to "be cause" we are always effect. One could define "life" as "an effect received". It is glorious! :happydance:

4. Veda

Veda Sponsor

Here's an exercise that includes spanning attention, visualization (mock ups), specialized mock ups, where a person attempts to place a mock up of the same size, etc., as a physical object, in the same space as the physical object, and projection of consciousness through the solar system.

It even warns about avoiding what amounts to "overrun."

(Note: "Nuit" - as used in the below link - roughly equates to "Infinity," The subject of "other universes," other "planes," etc., is not addressed in this exercise.)

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=4696&postcount=6

http://www.the-equinox.org/vol1/no10/eqi10004.html (back up link)

Permeating, as in filling/feeling ("Havingness") the heliosphere (solar aura) is, itself, an interesting exercise.

Handy navigational aid: http://www.nasa.gov/vision/universe/solarsystem/voyager-interstellar-terms.html

Some more information on the heliosphere: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=470555&postcount=13

Last edited: Dec 26, 2010
  5. Vinaire

Vinaire Sponsor

I read this phenomenon of the universe disappearing before discovering Scientology, in one of the accounts of Swami Vivekananda. This happened to him when he met his guru Ramakrishna Paramhamsa for the second time and Ramakrishna just touched him lightly. We are talking here circa 1881. Vivekananda was a teenager then.

Let me see if I can find that account and post it here.

6. RolandRB

RolandRB Rest in Peace

My needle is floating........

......because I escaped having to do all that crap. :thumbsup:

7. RogerB

RogerB Crusader

LH, Yes, That's Rather Good

Getting used to this system . . . it seems to want me to type something out of "the quote box" :unsure:

8. RolandRB

RolandRB Rest in Peace

But we're either a lead body-thetan or a Loyal Officer, aren't we?

9. RolandRB

RolandRB Rest in Peace

The difference between Joe Blow and an OT8 is that Joe Blow blinks and still has money in his pocket.

10. Zephyr

Zephyr Patron with Honors

So, you get told that "your whole track" is really not yours and you just spent 350k to get "set up" so that that idea is acceptible. I can see then the next "steps" and OT Levels would be for YOU to do YOUR bridge...OH, I forgot this is your first life...so I guess don't have a whole track.

I'm sorry but I find this (sadly) hilarious, laughing at myself for having bought into it when I was an "innie" and thanking the Great Spirit I'm out and away from it all now.

Rob

11. Tiger Lily

Tiger Lily Gold Meritorious Patron

You guys have GOT to be kidding.

LRH must have been rolling in the dough, laughing with every OT level completion.

OMG, I'm feeling a little ill here. . .

-TL

12. RogerB

RogerB Crusader

Hey, I think You've Found Hubbard's Real Name!

I think you found Hubbard's real name here . . . . he was not the "Founder," but The Flounder Founder :roflmao: :forsure:

R

13. SchwimmelPuckel

Well, maybe all 'strange' things aren't bad.. But I had a bellyful of this KIND of strange tales when I was being commercially mindboggeled by scientologists back in the mid 70's and 80's..

Ok, so the OT levels was not invented yet in 1963... But I still maintain that Scn, in it's intiriety, is validated by such a story.

You get the idea that all the hype about being spiritually capable to be cause over the universe and stuff is maybe true..

Well? You could argue that The Sinister Cult of Scientology ain't the only vendor.. But this kind of story IS CofS's primary sales pitch..

I do understand that what we are into here is the idea of the good old days, before the Terror Midget took over CofS. Back when 'real' OT's were made..

Problem is.. I don't believe it!

Allright.. I get told that a guy makes the universe disappear.. Not his perceptions of the universe! - There's another guy present, and he too is villy nilly plonked smack dab i the middle of an absolute void. The chair they sit on goes 'poof', together with the room, the house, the world and the intire universe. The other guy is understandably scared..

RogerB is somewhat cool.. For some reason he's certain that he can make the universe reappear.

Now, since two guys 'experinced' this I take it that this was no 'mental' happening. It was not just some disturbance af perceptions.. I must wonder why I didn't notice when it happened!? - I was present in this universe and on this planet!

Uhm.. I can 'rationalize' that it only happened for RogerB and Max.. (I feel like a damned scilon when rationalizing that way!)

The problem for me.. Is that I don't LIKE telling RogerB that I don't believe him! - Calling him a liar as it were..

I don't have the same problem with Scientology PR hype.. That is just damned lies.. Has been exposed to be beyond any reasonable doubt, and the source of 'em, Hubbard, is an asshole... Freight Trains on Venus.. Radioactive magellanic clouds dumped on planets.. But fact is, that back then, when my scientology 'freinds' told me stories like this. I did (almost) believe.. That I could become a God on earth..

This kind of stories!

So.. If I were to believe that a guy made the universe disappear.. I would believe in the obscene dog too! - And that Hubbard took a jaunt out to the Oort Cloud... And the Hoipolloy... And living forever..

Whatever..

I did make up some stories:
    Thread / Dirty Despicable Lying Success Stories!

:whistling:

14. uniquemand

uniquemand Unbeliever

I don't tell people they are lying about this stuff. I don't think they are. I do think that they are delusional, though, or minimally misinterpreting what actually happened.

I would agree that the universe (the one we all share, of which our private one is a subset).

15. RogerB

RogerB Crusader

But Schwimmy, I like it when you rationalize. At least you do it honestly! :yes:

And nor should you, for it would be a lie you'd be running on me:bigcry: :yes:

And uniquemand wrote:
    Now that is at least good manners, Sir. Particularly to your elders!:eyeroll:

Reading you fellows reminds me of what Copernicus and Galileo must have felt when they tried to inform the world that the Earth is not the center of the universe . . . and hell, not flat!:omg:
    :yes:

Rog

Last edited: Mar 10, 2009
  16. Div6

Div6 Crusader

From the Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Universe:

"There is a theory which states that if anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory which claims that this has already happened"

and this little gem: "Life, as many people have spotted, is, of course, terribly unfair."

:D

17. SchwimmelPuckel

I consider Douglas Adams a fully viable alternative to Hubbard! - And The Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy a far better cosmology than Hubbards.. It answers all your questions in an inexplicably, mindboggeling and utterly stupefying way!

It says 'Don't Panic!' on the cover!

And it has a guy in it with the name 'Slartibartfast'! - Highly recommended!

Recycle all the Hubbard shit and buy all Douglas Adams!

Do it NOW! And read like there was no tomorrow! - After all.. The Earth might be demolished tomorrow!

18. SchwimmelPuckel

Hells bells! - I just realized what you were sayin' Div6!!!

RogerB discovered what the universe is for and why it's there... This of course caused it to instantly become something else and more bizarre!

And thus rendered all Hubbards texts into confused rubbish. Hubbard, of course, explained the old universe!

See, how Douglas Adams can explain the inexplicable! - And he gives us kneeslapping bellylaughs while doing it!

19. RogerB

RogerB Crusader

Absolutely!

Yes, absolutely! I might have another stupid, bigger accident and get the idea, who gives a shit!
    :omg: :whistling: :woohoo: :sadwave: :carryon: :outtahere: :run: :runaway: :D

Rog

20. RogerB

RogerB Crusader

See, Schwimmy,

When you try hard, and rationalize honestly, you show brilliance!!

I think I'll be your friend afterall!:happydance:

Roger-Podger