ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

ABC News and Laura Decrescenzo case

Discussion in 'Legal and Government Actions Involving Scientology' started by hummingbird, May 2, 2016.

1. hummingbird

hummingbird Patron with Honors

2. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

You're right, Hummingbird, this video newscast is absolutely terrific. :thumbsup:

It really brings home the cult's standing that they feel they have the right to submit any member to any abuse under the practice of 'religion,' even if it is abuse of a minor, even if it is coercion, even if there is clear evidence of a need for intervention, even if it is a violation of other basic human rights.

Her unborn child did not sign a Sea Org contract or choose scientology as a religion. Her unborn child was denied all rights and she was also denied her rights as a mother.

Laura has done well and I am so proud of her for her courage and steadfast will to see this court case through. She is an icon for all women, and the newscast presents her case very well.

3. hummingbird

hummingbird Patron with Honors

I know. I loved the cherch's positions of "She agreed to it!" "She was a volunteer!" "She could have left at any time!"

For those of you who haven't seen the vid yet, they really describe RPF very well. But, it's all "voluntary."
    :omg:

4. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

At the end of 1995 I was offered the choice of routing out or doing the RPF. I said I would route out and went with that decision for a month. I then changed my mind (purely my own uncoerced decision) and routed on to the RPF. So it was voluntary in the sense of either you leave the Sea Org or you do the RPF. It's not voluntary in the sense of either you're on a post like normal or you do the RPF.

Paul

5. Knows

Knows Gold Meritorious Patron

Uh Paul...she was a child:eyeroll:

6. Dulloldfart

She did courses in my course room in the early 90s (age 13?). I remember her well.

I'm not interested in defending the cult. I am interested in the truth of things being known, whatever they happen to be.

Paul

7. Gib

Gib Crusader

so allow me to ask, why did you change your mind and routed on to the RPF?

My story is I blew from staff, twice, and recovered myself because I didn't want a freeloader debt since the amount was large at the time, but also, and mainly I thought at the time, the "clear" and then "OT" were possible, so that carrot of clear and OT were the main reasons always in the back of my mind and had the effect of me making major life decisions to attain such states of existence. Of course, now, those states of existence are pure bullshit.

Did you have similar thoughts, that clear & OT were possible and kept you going?

8. Dulloldfart

I thought it might be valuable to have all that FPRD, plus experience as an auditor.

Paul

9. Sock Puppy

Sock Puppy Patron with Honors

Video on YouTube:

[video=youtube;T-a781ri2mk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-a781ri2mk[/video]

10. Leland

Leland Crusader

Paul you state above "purely my own uncoerced decision"......

I'm curious, are you stating this as your present state of mind....or are you stating this as your state of mind then....

In other words...are you saying that your decisions "then" were not molded, to at least some degree, from indoctrination...in cult think?

Last edited: May 3, 2016
  11. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

If a person goes along with what COS dictates and demands, things are tremendously easier. What COS promises and what actually would/does happen are two different things. Those that stand up for themselves become targets and more often than not are ridiculed, demeaned, blackmailed, or in other ways pressured and 'reformed' until they go along and agree with the rest of the group. Those who 'went along with it' willingly have no idea of the hell those of us who did not follow the party line went through to stand up for ourselves.

I did not go to the RPF voluntarily and was not allowed to 'just route out.' Laura's story is true.

12. Dulloldfart

I had been in the SO for 23 years. Of course I was full of cult-think. I meant that there was no-one trying hard to persuade me one way or another: no threats, no intimidation, no raised voices, very little discussion with me actually. There wasn't even anyone saying how hard it was to live outside or I was likely to lose my eternity or any of this sort of thing. They were probably so disgusted with how squirrel I was (Hulda Clark's zapper etc) that they thought I was beyond salvation. Heh.

Anyway, this is about Laura, not me.

Paul