What's new

Allegations re the Freezone

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
I've heard a lot of arguments and comments about the Freezone. I agree with some of the critical ones, but many I've found to be incorrect or inaccurate.

Here are some:

Terril Park (and anyone else who elected to post wins/proselytize the Freezone) makes money from it.

Actually, he doesn't get a penny for it. Never has, never will. He's been asked this many many times on forums and it continues to be alleged. It's not true, it never was, he gets nothing for it. Not one thing. He does not have an auditing practice, he doesn't get commissions, nobody sends him any money.

People who advocate the Freezone or other non CofS Scn practices and practitioners are preying on people.

The Freezoners I know aren't getting rich. They aren't calling people to rererereconfirm events. They don't jack up "donations". They charge very little, in fact, and they often waive fees altogether. I can name several people who wanted auditing or to take a course and couldn't afford it and either a barter, a coaudit or even a complete waiving of all fees were arranged.

Freezone practitioners don't want to take anyone on who doesn't want to study Scn, doesn't believe in it or like it, etc.

Recently, someone told me on another forum that a person's expression of FZ auditing and a response from a Freezoner was wrong and was predatory. Well, while we're at it, I suppose we can close all the mosques, maybe even review which Christian and Jewish sects we find appropriate (and you'd never ever get everyone to agree, anyway) and declare everyone incompetent who expressed any interest in any ology or ism we don't like.

This would actually approximate medieval and Renaissance era Europe's, the Taliban's and the mainland Chinese government's approach(es). Nobody had or has freedom in any of those governments and nations, either, to say "I don't want to worship your god or be an atheist like you. I want to go over here and do this."

It would also be no different than a world ruled by CofS. Imagine that world. Nobody could disagree with impunity. There'd be no freedom.

Freezoners are just Ronbots who don't see the flaws inherent in Scn and the things Hubbard did when he was alive.

Unfortunately, there's a great deal of truth in this one. It's a generalization- but in many cases, many Freezones are naive about this stuff. Quite a few of them get upset when anyone criticizes Hubbard or any element of "tech" or "policy". Fortunately, it's not all of them.

So what happens in the FZ when one does express disagreement? I'm in a position to know, as it happens. One gets yelled at and criticized. (not unlike the way one gets treated by critics of Scn who don't appreciate others drawing dissimilar conclusions re Scn and saying so.)

Well, that sucks. That's not good. But what are the repercussions?

Nothing more than some pissing matches. No disconnection, no "being sent to ethics", no expulsions.

This leads us to

Isn't it true that they disconnect in the Freezone?

I have seen practitioners cut people loose. But all that happens then is that this person is free to go to another practitioner, if he can find one.

Just like with any other practice, any auditor, FZ or CofS, has the right to refuse to audit anyone.

And the restaurant down the street from me reserves the right to refuse service to anyone, too.

The Freezone is just same clowns, different tent as CofS.

Not really. Here are the differences:

Mostly cyber organizations. Can't be declared or expelled from the entire Freezone. No staff contracts, freeloader debts, no Sea Org, no encouraged/forced/coerced abortions, no cadet's org, no enforced or even organization sanctioned disconnection, no high prices, no rererereconfirming for events, no fundraisers disguised as briefings, no lying about "stats", no OSA, no lawsuits against critics, no dirty tricks or fair game against anyone, no routing forms, no high pressure regging wherein people are encouraged, among other things, to liquidate IRAs, 401ks, real estate, inheritances; no arranged loans, no coercive or high pressure staff recruitment- in fact, very few requests to do anything at all, anywhere, ever.

The Freezone keeps you on the hook, waiting to be a perfect Oatee being and it never comes and they keep taking your money.

Also not true. I did some upper level stuff in the FZ and I get almost no communication from anybody about doing my "next step". Hell, I'm not even sure I want to do it, to be perfectly honest. My auditor sometimes sends me an email, but keep in mind- I'm the one who approached HER originally.John and I both had to seek her out and ask for auditing and assistance re the vicissitudes of life. And the follow up emails I get from her are rare in the extreme and are basically just emails from a friend. If I told her not to write me anymore, she'd stop in a heartbeat and I wouldn't end up in an entheta/deadfile so that nobody else would deal with me. I wouldn't end up with a "non enturbulation order" if I asked her to stop.

Freezoners don't make wild promises. The ones who are purists will, of course, tell you that they think that doing the bridge is good, etc, and will save the person from the morass he's in. But they pretty much leave it at that.

Just the fact that there's no whining and begging and constant calls, emails and visits from anyone when one drops off the line is proof. That, together with the low fees, the waived fees, etc, says it right there.

It's pretty much de-clownified and those tents (they aren't yellow, either!:p ) are looking pretty damn different, aren't they.

The upshot of all this is that there are no utopias or perfect people or perfect philosophies. The claims of auditing are, as far as I can see, exaggerated in tech and policy. (Exaggerated. Not negated.) People sometimes are cutting. People sometimes are barking up the wrong tree. One's mileage varies and one doesn't always get as much as one hoped. The Freezone, Knowledgism, UCP, TIR- and any other Scn or Dn inspired movement or discipline are not perfect. They are not Nirvana.

But they consist of people who are trying to pursue and offer philosophical interests of their choice that they think are effective- to like minded individuals.

They are all a million metaphorical miles away from the practices of that group we love to discuss so much- the Church of Scientology.

One of the reasons is that even Freezone purists are pretty quick to disagree with Hubbard even when they say they aren't so into that.

Else, we'd have this shit with the staff contracts, the RPFing, the freeloader debts, high prices, illegal pcs, constant regging and recruiting- and it's just not there.

The Oracle

Gold Meritorious Patron
"There's no bigger liar than an angry man".

Lot's of people out here are angry.

They got into a marriage with the Church that didn't work out.

Most of the loudest criers are men oddly enough.

A good percentage of them got involved in Scientology looking to get laid.

Joined the Sea Org to get out of a mortgage.

Hubbard thought Mary Sue was a problem?

He didn't have a fucking clue.

Even the ones running the Church are obsessed with turning the Church into a fucking abortion.

I've had some hugley loyal highly trained soldiers attack me for repeating something Hubbard said when they didn't know it came from him.

Go figure Fluffy............

"Don't tell me you don't know the difference
Between a lover and a fighter
With my pen and my electric typewriter
Even in a perfect world where everyone was equal
I'd still own the film rights and be working on the sequel"...

Elvis Costello

The Oracle

Gold Meritorious Patron
"There's no bigger liar than an angry man".

Lot's of people out here are angry.

They got into a marriage with the Church that didn't work out.

Most of the loudest criers are men oddly enough.

A good percentage of them got involved in Scientology looking to get laid.

Joined the Sea Org to get out of a mortgage.

Hubbard thought Mary Sue was a problem?

He didn't have a fucking clue.

Even the ones running the Church are obsessed with turning the Church into a fucking abortion.

I've had some hugley loyal highly trained soldiers attack me for repeating something Hubbard said when they didn't know it came from him.

"JOIN THE SEA ORG! THE ONLY GAME ON THE PLANET WHERE YOU WILL NOT BE EXPECTED TO TAKE ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR A WOMAN OR CHILD"!

I fugure he was looking for comeraderie and that''s exactly what he got.

Only his great soldiers turned out to be his worst enemies.

"Don't tell me you don't know the difference
Between a lover and a fighter
With my pen and my electric typewriter
Even in a perfect world where everyone was equal
I'd still own the film rights and be working on the sequel"...

Elvis Costello

Oh well, live and learn! Joan of Arc had better success with recruitment, loyalty, and commeraderie.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Right you are. When people are misemotional they say and do these sorts of things.

This is what has, historically, caused pogroms, witch hunts (which we have to this day. The McMartin Preschool and other similar scandals ring a bell, anyone?) fair game, etc.

I just think that when you have people who left an organization (cofS) or who never were in but spend a great deal of effort decrying its abuses, that they shouldn't be acting similarly. It's hypocrisy.

And, no, I most emphatically do NOT mean people who post that they disagree with the FZ or any practice of Scn outside CofS. I am referring to lying about Terril receiving money from the FZ, lying (strong word- so feel free to substitue misstating) about Freezoners being out for the money or doing the same things CofS does, trying to push people off forums, posting private information about them, etc. It is a fact that not everyone who criticizes or critiques the Freezone and other spin offs does those things. My statement is only applicable to those who do.