ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Anonymous at (partial) cause - 25 year veteran leaves the Church of Scientology

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Kha Khan, May 27, 2010.

View Users: View Users
  1. Kha Khan

Kha Khan Patron Meritorious

From Leaving Scientology. The story is not as dramatic, and thankfully not as tragic, as many, but nonetheless moving and interesting. Also note the role of Anonymous.

Standing Up to be Counted: Synthia Fagen:
    A couple of comments. First, it for some reason seems odd that she got into the Church shortly after I did -- though I thankfully left much, much earlier.

I never knew Synthia, but I knew many, many like her. Never Sea Org. At most Class V staff. Benefited from Scientology in the beginning, or at least believed they did. [And who the hell are you to say they didn't? :) ] Idealistic and naive, but also a very nice, well-intentioned person. Knew some things were wrong, but not nearly the extent of what was wrong, and hoped and indeed worked to make things better. Made rational and sane arguments. Tried to fight the insanity.

I'd like to think I was one of them.

I find it very interesting that, while the DSA pulled out the DA packs (which is of course immoral and disgusting), the DSA, HAS and CO OSA treated her and her husband "with the utmost kindness" when she and her husband left. It reminds me that there were, and apparently still are, some Class V Orgs that are relatively sane and reasonable.

By treating Synthia with kindness, the DSA, HAS and CO OSA did the best possible thing for the official Church of Scientology. Of course, when the upper echelons of the COS read the post the DSA, HAS and CO OSA will be ruthlessly punished and corrected for their suppressive reasonableness.

Finally, I'll note that Synthia still believes in the tech to some extent. Please do not be too hard on her for that. After all, she believes it saved her life. It is difficult to lose everything you have believed in for 25 years. It is also not entirely irrational for her to blame everything on DM, and perhaps lament she missed the (mythical) Glorious Past because she really only knew the evil of DM and almost certainly does not know and understand the scriptural basis for the evil.

Oh, and which Anonymous left the note, “It’s okay to have doubts?” Whoever it was, very well done. Thank you.

WWP Thread: Anonymous at (partial) cause - 25 year veteran leaves the Church of Scientology.

/

ADDED:

[​IMG]

Source from WWP.

/

Last edited: May 27, 2010
  2. Mark A. Baker

Mark A. Baker Sponsor

May be what they need to help them cognite.

Mark A. Baker

3. R6Basic

R6Basic Patron Meritorious

Thanks for posting this K K. And reading Marty's blog so we don't have too :)

4. freethinker

freethinker Sponsor

Reminds me of when I was on the way out whe the Golden Age of Tech came in

5. Rae

Rae Patron with Honors

correction

It wasn't posted on Marty's blog. It was posted on "Leaving Scientology"..which is Jeff Hawkins blog. That, right there, says enough.

6. Kha Khan

What does it say?

/

7. Magoo

Magoo Gold Meritorious Patron

:clap:

Thank you for this, Synthia! God I remember living through similar
    times and how odd it is at first, when you realize Upper Management
    REALLY DOESN'T CARE.

I felt like I was in the Movie "Pleasantville"---where every one is in
    black and white and as they wake up, they turn various colors. At the
    Complex *everyone* seemed to be black/white, and I felt like I was
    getting brighter and brighter each day I was waking up. :omg:

Again, thank you! Welcome and congratulations on getting out and
    speaking out! :yes:

My very best to you,

Tory/Magoo

8. Kha Khan

9. Kha Khan

Cross-posted from WWP with purpose:
    Well? People are waiting.

/

10. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

Thanks for posting it KK.

11. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Silver Meritorious Sponsor

And, a big thanks goes to Freedom Magazine :)

Zinj

12. Lurker5

Lurker5 Gold Meritorious Patron

Yes, More

Yes, Moar stories - of the everyday public scn-o/staff experience.

Tom C needs to read this. John & Kirstie & what's his name,the Earl-dude - the 'celebs'. This is probably their experience.

This thought occurred to me this morn. TC's lawyer was all over Amy's book, saying they would sue when the publicity died down. Having read it, I know the only thing she says about TC is that Shelly Mis(sing)Cavige told her that TC's prior drug use disqualified him from SO. I am not a lawyer, but it doesn't seem like sue-able material to me. (Clever/nice work, Amy :).

BUT the lawyer would have read it, right - to find sue-able material, and if that story is true, HOW THE HELL DID Shelly GET THE INFO - unless from her hubby - and wouldn't THAT, when TC heard of it, pretty much prove to TC that DM DID in fact reveal confidential session material to others - at the very least his wife, who obvious shared it too . . .

Oh my, the plot thickens. It is the little stuff that eventually breaks the camels back. Keep piling it on - the everyday public stories - of 'outness'.

Thank you, KK, and Thank YOU, "Elizabeth" Synthia :yes: :thumbsup:

13. FrankBooth

FrankBooth Patron with Honors

Of course she's speaking of LRH, right? Or did I miss something....? :whistling:

One step at a time I suppose....

14. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

Thanks for posting this KK. Synthia's post was very well written and had some great information on how the Basic's campaign was run.

And thank-you to Freedom Magazine for your contribution in helping Synthia wake up. :yes:

15. Wisened One

Wisened One Crusader

Wow what a story, Synthia and thanks for sharing it with us! (and posting it, Kha Khan, etc.)

And oh GAWD The Call-In! THAT was also the bulk of my job (and this was Pre-Basics!).

And I also hated how at Events (even the 'advanced' ones) we'd have to literally bodyroute for them sometimes, call in the Spanish people (and I'd have to attempt to translate), call in the Dianetics book buyers who'd never even stepped foot in any org or mission, etc..etc..:eyeroll:

I was soooo glad to see that your husband took an honest, objective look at the Church and DM as well and left with you!

Also good that you were treated kindly when you announced to Ethics and the DSA you were leaving! :yes:

Many of the people at the org I was Staff at were also kind, relatively sane, too. Thank gawd for them, huh? :)

Your story will help many! :yes: :bighug: to you and your husband!

Oh and :bighug: to that Anon who placed 'It's Ok To Have Doubts' sign in your org's window!

I hope MOAR use this exact sign at moar Protests! :thumbsup:

Michelle

16. the rambling wreck from standard tech

Perhaps people will eventually get used to hearing hardworking decent souls leave CoS apalled and aghast still attesting to the value and validity of the subject or perhaps not. We are all grateful for the puzzled respect most of y'all give us. Maybe Cos is here to stay, maybe not. But dianetics. Is here to stay.

17. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Silver Meritorious Sponsor

So is Phrenology. Hopefully there will come a time when Scientology and Dianetics will achieve the level of harmless curiosity that Phrenology enjoys.

Zinj

18. AngeloV

AngeloV Gold Meritorious Patron

When that happens we can lean back in our chairs and remember the glory days of ESMB. Until then, we live them.

19. FinallyMe

FinallyMe Silver Meritorious Patron

What a calmly WELL written description! What happened to Synthia is exactly what we are hoping would happen - people start noticing stuff that they start questioning; they realize that it is their right to question; they start investigating. That investigation leads to even more questions. One of the BEAUTIES here is that DM stabbed himself in back with his self-serving Freedom Mag article - I LOVE IT! If we just keep putting our own experiences and observations on the Internet, people will find it when they are ready to, and our stories will be supported by DM's own statements and actions! HEHEHEHEH!

20. Cadetification

Cadetification Patron with Honors

Wow. I know her and her family, though not well. :ohmy: