ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Another Scientology OT is Seriously Ill and Needs Money For Treatment

Discussion in 'Evaluating and Criticising Scientology' started by Axiom142, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Axiom142

Axiom142 Gold Meritorious Patron

Not sure if someone else has already posted about this, but I couldn’t find anything, so here goes…

Scientologist David Dempster has a Gofundme page to raise money so that he can get treatment for ‘a serious medical condition’.

https://www.gofundme.com/tx2fz3a8

[​IMG]

David Dempster was the leader of our choir for several years. He did a wonderful job. He has also been a tireless VM for years and spent thousands of hours helping others. Now he has a serious medical condition and urgently needs money for medical bills. He is currently not able to work. Can you help? Even the smallest flow would be extremely appreciated.

Don’t be surprised if OSA decides that his GFM page is ‘out-PR’ and orders it to be taken down.

From his stats, we can see that he has completed at least OT VI (in 2004), so is presumably either auditing on OTVII, or has completed it.

http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/by-name/d/david-dempster.html

So much for OTV handling all the causes of physical illness.

David has been featured in several CoS PR puff pieces over the years, e.g.

http://www.volunteerministers.org/n...nteer-minister-david-helps-as-a-priority.html

“When I got to Clearwater I became aware of people who had fallen on hard times and needed a helping hand, and I started running a group called the Tampa Bay Volunteer Minister Hotline. People call in looking for help with their marriage, career, study problems and so on. We help them, using technology developed by Scientology Founder L. Ron Hubbard.”

Also mentioned on ESMB before:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?19151-Cult-s-International-Scout-VM-Project

For the record, I find David’s situation desperately sad and take no satisfaction on publicising this. However, if just one Scientologist reads this and asks even one of the questions below, then it will have been justified.

• How can someone who has clearly been so upstat and ethical (thousands of VM hours, high on The Bridge) ‘pull in’ something like this?
    • How can an OTV+ get ‘seriously’ ill?
    • Why doesn’t a fellow ‘parishioner’ from his ‘church’ deliver some super-high powered auditing or assist program and cure him?
    • Given how much David has given to his ‘church’, why don’t they put their hands into their very deep war chest and pay for his treatment?

But, there will have been many Scientologists who will have seen David’s situation and refused to even entertain negative thoughts about their ‘church’ or even worse, assume that David had actually gone ‘out-ethics’ and therefore deserved this. #seriouslyfuckedupandbraindead

And, as a final irony, if David had stayed in his native Scotland, instead of travelling to Clearwater to live, he would have been able to receive treatment free, under the NHS instead of having to have someone publicly beg for money on the web.

Axiom142

2. Jump

Jump Operating teatime

How much does OT6 cost anyway?

:confused2:

3. myrklix

myrklix Patron with Honors

Maybe, just maybe, he didn't pull it in. His BT's did.

Nevertheless, it really is so sad to read a story such as this.

4. Ogsonofgroo

Ogsonofgroo Crusader

Yu[p, pretty sad stuff, where are all hios good buddies now? Cult, I'm so sure is just chomping at the bit to help the poor bugger. Guess what, ain't gonna happen.
    Not wish anyone ill will, but it is likely to become obvious to him near his dying days, his 'people' really don't give a shit, Cos got his loot-for-fucvk-all, byeeeeeeeeee sucker!

:tumbleweed:

5. strativarius

strativarius Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

Of course I don't know anything about his circumstances, but what's stopping him using the money he's got so far to fly home to Scotland where he will get all the treatment he needs, not just the treatment he can afford. Just my £0.02

6. uncover

uncover Gold Meritorious Patron

Now let´s see:
    Obviously it was his own decision to leave Scotland and to travel to Clearwater to live there.
    It was his own decision not to stop with the El Con Hubbard bullshit even after he has read the insane Xenu-BT-Cluster-BS-vomit.
    It is his own decision not to stop at least NOW with this insane Xenu-BT-Cluster-BS-vomit which requires every six months sec-checks which will cost a lot of money - probably more than $ 10k.
    Obviously he is able to pay for these sec-checks (more than 10k) otherwise he could return to Scotland. This means that he is using the money a sane person would use for healthcare and waste it for Xenu-BT-Cluster-BS-junk and as a result is in need that someone else pays for his healthcare.

Now is the question:
    Would you give a heroin-addict who is crying that he has so much pain without his drugs - which is pretty normal for every heroin-addict - some money that he can buy his next shot ?
    Or would you give a gambler 10k of your hard-earned money so that he can loose it during the next night ?

Yes to help is nice - but AFTER someone has STOPPED with the destructive habits which have lead to the situation that he is in need for help now - in this case it is the El Con Hubbard Xenu-BT-Cluster-BS-vomit. It is his decision - otherwise he will soon have the chance to discuss this matter extensively with Elron Elray at "target 2".

7. MrNobody

MrNobody Who needs merits?

I see your point and it is a good one, but I can't help but remember the story of Uwe Stuckenbrock (an MSer, may he RIP). All his German Family wanted to bring him home, so that he could get the best possible help and care. No chance, he wanted to stay in the cult. His brother (ESMB member Markus), has posted quite a bit about Uwes situation back then.

'nuther point: Measuring anything Hubbard with the yardstick of sanity, wouldn't make sense, would it?

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  8. uncover

uncover Gold Meritorious Patron

Obviously he knew why - this way he could get rid of "nasty Laura" and has more time to discuss the Xenu-BT-Cluster-BS directly with "the source" at target 2.
    counterquestion: Does somone have to go insane and waste his asset only because someone else is addicted to the vomit of El Con Hubbard ?

9. AnonyMary

AnonyMary Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

He could very well have done that... paid for a flight there with monies from the fund - if he is actually a Scottish citizen. Seems like he's been here for over 25 years, based upon services taken. He could have also used the funds for rent and food. The page says he has not been able to work.

Withdrawals are allowed and are not deducted from total amount showing as received to date on the page. See the site's FAQs page here

The fund has been going on for 3 months and 42 people in 3 months have donated. He has fewer Facebook friends than most people and it seems like there has been little to no activity on his timeline in some years, although it is not a public profile.

What gets me is that this guy trained on the SHSBC and went OT and did all these activities but as soon as he is in need, it's like no one cares there. It's sad to see. God only knows how much moeny he gave the IAS besides all he paid for his bridge. I gather it's a rude awakening for him if he is unable to get help here or anywhere. But fortunately there are real charities in Clearwater that can be of help if he's there and is unable to get help in Scotland. Hopefully he will avail himself of the good will of other churches and community people in his time of need.

No one deserves to be ill and unable to take care of themselves. Even if they were fooled by a cult into giving all their money away. In the end, what matters is survival and ill people recognize this, often too late to be appropriately prepared. Scientologists are not the only people prone to problems like this. I'm glad some people have tried by giving something because something is better than nothing.

10. Kilia40

Kilia40 New Member

Too much!

11. Mimsey Borogrove

Mimsey Borogrove Crusader

If you have to ask, you can't afford it.... LOL - that's what I was told when I asked a customer what it cost to get his Ferrari tuned up. Really helpful, huh? Mimsey

12. failboat

failboat Patron with Honors

13. Knows

Knows Gold Meritorious Patron

The poor soul.

I will give money to those that are out and hurting but I could not give one thin dime to anyone still contributing to the motion of this evil cult.

I think if anyone here wants to donate - set up a fund for ex sea org members who need help once they blow.

I feel sorry for the man but if anyone who is out gives him money - he will just give it to Scientology for the "cure"...IMHO - he made his oat tea bed and will have to lie in it.

Scientology KILLS.

14. Some Random Guy

Some Random Guy Patron with Honors

All us on the outside of the bubble know that we, as people , get sick and our bodies decay. Regrettably, its called life. Scientologists have still to have this "cog".

15. Mimsey Borogrove

Mimsey Borogrove Crusader

Back when dinosaurs still played the Filmore East, the Mimsey was new on staff, and was smoking a wee bit to much Kool Aid, as most college kids hanging around the Hotel Martinique did, he was shocked! Shocked I say, when Frank Geltman, owner of the West Side franchise ( now they are missions) - an OT III no less, had a heart attack and died. Shit - it was a shock. All those books Mimsey read, written by a certain Mr. Elron promised immortality. How could this be? How could an OT III die? It took a while, for me to sort it out, but the answer was less then logical:

An immortal thetan (check) goes into the org (check) and goes all the wwway up the that lofty OT level III (check) where he is [STRIKE]still[/STRIKE] now immortal. ( ahhh ummm check) So he didn't get anything more than he already was? - Oh perish the thought. I not checking That off. Oh hell ( check)

Mimsey

16. Victoria

Victoria Patron Meritorious

Yes, I wish he would do that too:/
    That two thousand dollars *might* pay for one scan in the US, and he wouldn't qualify for any gov. help if he is not a citizen, AFAIK anyway.

17. AngeloV

AngeloV Gold Meritorious Patron

Another life-long scientologist.
    Another advanced 'OT'
    Another 'homo-novis'
    And another complete and utter failure of Hubbard's humanity-saving 'tek'.

He will be kicked to the curb because he is now a source of negative PR....a clear example of tek failure.

18. EP - Ethics Particle

EP - Ethics Particle Gold Meritorious Patron

One of my favorite lines: "life is a sight-draft dated yesterday." V. K. Ratliff

19. Happy Days

Happy Days Silver Meritorious Patron

Scientology and scientologist forward planning for such is events/incidences is non-existent, with little or no prediction and consequences thought of. Those in the SO who find themselves in a similar condition and subsequently fitness boarded out, will become a burden on the State and their families, if they have not totally disconnected from them. Getting old is a fact of life, however it is missed on those still in, hence the disregard for the sick and aging, leading to the tossing aside of those who do not meet the criteria of cause of matter, energy, space and time.

That is the lot of being a Scientologist. Sadly their delusion of being cause over all, and the ability to effect real and valued change does not equate to anything in the real world .... blind faith at its destructive best.

20. Cat's Squirrel

Cat's Squirrel Gold Meritorious Patron

As I'm sure you realise;

In their eyes he's a "downstat" - pulled it in. Once that evaluation has been made his fellow Scners will avoid him as though it's an infectious disease. Never mind that a former Flag C/S (Richard Reiss) also died of cancer.

Sadly these people see compassion as a weakness, so it's pointless to expect it from them.