What's new

Anti Scientology cultist?

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
I had to look for myself. It is indeed still there—and comments are still open. Just in case anyone wants to add something before it's taken down.

Marty's Ode to LRH

Marty has said and done a lot of things that are in direct conflict to this Ode. Maybe he leaves it up intentionally or unconsciously to share with people what a difficult and convoluted process it is to purge Scientology's pernicious influence.

I'm just another spectator talking through my hat but I think he should leave the Ode up but provide an explanation that it was from an earlier time when he was still trying to sort things out. To play the devil's advocate, it might also serve to reach some people who are in that particular state of mind whereas a hard anti-Scientology position might turn them off. If he is promoting a paid service for helping people recover from Scientology then I could see where it would be consistent with this.

I'm not a defender or a critic of Marty. I'm just glad to see that he is out and trying to rebuild his life and take care of his family. Most people just want to make it all go away at that point and Marty could evaporate his entire blog in an instant but I think it serves a greater purpose by letting people see it as it is warts and all.

Marty has said and done a lot of things that are in direct conflict to this Ode. Maybe he leaves it up intentionally or unconsciously to share with people what a difficult and convoluted process it is to purge Scientology's pernicious influence.

I'm just another spectator talking through my hat but I think he should leave the Ode up but provide an explanation that it was from an earlier time when he was still trying to sort things out. To play the devil's advocate, it might also serve to reach some people who are in that particular state of mind whereas a hard anti-Scientology position might turn them off. If he is promoting a paid service for helping people recover from Scientology then I could see where it would be consistent with this.

I'm not a defender or a critic of Marty. I'm just glad to see that he is out and trying to rebuild his life and take care of his family. Most people just want to make it all go away at that point and Marty could evaporate his entire blog in an instant but I think it serves a greater purpose by letting people see it as it is warts and all.

I'm not sure that Marty has enough insight to be aware of this, even unconsciously, and I'm almost certain that he is not self-aware enough to admit that he has ever been trying to sort things out. I would also argue, in light of his recent tantrums, that he is doing anything but trying to rebuild his life and take care of his family. I am also not convinced that he is out. I think at this point, he would do the greatest service by shutting the hell up. Of course, if he were to do that, he would deprive us all of fodder for joking and degrading.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'm not sure that Marty has enough insight to be aware of this, even unconsciously, and I'm almost certain that he is not self-aware enough to admit that he has ever been trying to sort things out. I would also argue, in light of his recent tantrums, that he is doing anything but trying to rebuild his life and take care of his family. I am also not convinced that he is out. I think at this point, he would do the greatest service by shutting the hell up. Of course, if he were to do that, he would deprive us all of fodder for joking and degrading.

Yes, as much as it is all so very popcorn worthy - it is probably the smart thing to back off and focus on taking care of his family.

If this is some kind of Scientology plot in the finest tradition of overthought Data Series evals and too clever by half handling programs then this is all just the diligent setting of groundwork before everything goes sideways.

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
If I blow the anti-Scientology cult, I would become a Scientologist?

Is that how it works? If I've been declared, I can't go up the bridge.

I'll be in limbo.

Dammit, I thought we'd just gotten rid of limbo.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
If I blow the anti-Scientology cult, I would become a Scientologist?

Is that how it works? If I've been declared, I can't go up the bridge.

I'll be in limbo.

Dammit, I thought we'd just gotten rid of limbo.

There will be no blowing the Anti-Scientology cult.

The whole agonized future of this planet, every man, woman and child on it, and
your own destiny for the next endless trillions of years depend on what you do here
and now with and in the Anti-Scientology Cult.
Ok! Now stop nattering and get on with it. :angry:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Yeah!

:lol:

KASW

When somebody enrolls, consider he or she has joined up for the duration of the
universe-never permit an "open-minded" approach. If they're going to quit let them
quit fast. If they enrolled, they're aboard, and if they're aboard, they're here on the
same terms as the rest of us-win or die in the attempt. Never let them be halfminded
about being anti-Scientologists.

The proper instruction attitude is, "You're here so you're an anti- Scientologist.
Now we're going to make you into an expert cultist no matter what
happens. We'd rather have you dead than incapable."

We're not playing some minor game in Anti-Scientology cult.
It isn't cute or something to do
for lack of something better.

This is a deadly serious activity. And if we miss getting out of the trap now, we may
never again have another chance.

:whistling:
:giggle:

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
There will be no blowing the Anti-Scientology cult.

Ok! Now stop nattering and get on with it. :angry:

I just want to know - do we get a secret hand shake? How about a lifetime membership discount card for $35. that gets cancelled in 5 years? Oooh, can we wear lanyards? I want cheaper air fares!

Free Being Me

Crusader
I just want to know - do we get a secret hand shake? How about a lifetime membership discount card for $35. that gets cancelled in 5 years? Oooh, can we wear lanyards? I want cheaper air fares!
First you have to read the anti-communication J&D course and anti-basics which consists of the collected works of Don Hubbard. Then the perks start.

Dave B.

Maximus Ultimus Mostimus
Since we're violating the first rule of the Anti-$cientology Cult and talking about the Anti-$cientology Cult, I agree, we can change the name to something else but in my heart I will always be a Bitter Defrocked Apostate. Even though I've never owned a frock.

I do like the sekret handshake idea too.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
I love it !
:lol:

Nominated

FUNNIEST cult post
of the week
article_image.php

:hattip:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation

:lol::lol::lol:

I'd do it but I'm still wearing my new halo so I'd just be nauseatingly nice, reasonable, fair (and really really boring) and make everyone throw up ... so I nominate Lotus (she can be a right little monster lately but her accent is very cute and would give us a worldly vibe ... could be perfect).

Her scones are a bit rubbish ... but you can't have everything.

skep

Patron with Honors

He speaks warmly of Karen de la Carriere. How times have changed.

Grateful acknowledgment is due to Karen De La Carriere for supplying the LRH images for this Ode. She worked tirelessly at her own expense over decades to amass perhaps the largest collection of LRH images in the world. Images that show LRH in all his humanity, images that the church would never allow to see the light of day.

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
He speaks warmly of Karen de la Carriere. How times have changed.

Grateful acknowledgment is due to Karen De La Carriere for supplying the LRH images for this Ode. She worked tirelessly at her own expense over decades to amass perhaps the largest collection of LRH images in the world. Images that show LRH in all his humanity, images that the church would never allow to see the light of day.

Link for those who dare go to Marty's blog:
Code:
https://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2011/03/12/an-ode-to-l-ron-hubbard/

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
There was a meeting last night. I have the skinny!:

http://natterblog.com/the-agm-of-the-asc/

Most excellent, must have been reading my mind....

Reminded me of this cult classic:
_____
Who’s the Boss?
When the Lord made man, all the parts of the body argued over who would be boss.
The brain explained that since he controlled all the parts of the body, he should be boss. The legs argued that since they took man wherever he wanted to go, they should be boss. The stomach countered with the explanation that since he digested all the food, he should be boss. The eyes said that without them man would be helpless, so they should be boss. Then the asshole applied for the job. The other parts of the body laughed so hard at this that the asshole became mad and closed up.
After a few days…
The brain went foggy, the legs got wobbly, the stomach got ill, and the eyes got crossed and unable to see. They all conceded and made the asshole boss.
This proved that you don’t have to be a brain to be boss…
Just an Asshole.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!

:lol::lol::lol:

I'd do it but I'm still wearing my new halo so I'd just be nauseatingly nice, reasonable, fair (and really really boring) and make everyone throw up ... so I nominate Lotus (she can be a right little monster lately but her accent is very cute and would give us a worldly vibe ... could be perfect).

Oh Sis..what happened to you???? :bigcry:

I am presently auditing the ''bitter defrocked apostate'' BT...
Would you like me to 8C it back to you?????

Well, I'd be fine to take back the ''cult of kindness'' BT in exchange :blush:

:biggrin:

(me still Love you - this nice & fair halo you are lately wearing - is lovely never made me throw up my foccacia... but this ''reasonable stuff'' ..don't let it hijack you sis...Come home to cook me some cookies please