ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Anti-Scientology Fair Game

Discussion in 'Fair Game and Disconnection Victims' started by Alanzo, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

Because his post from March of 2018 appears to reveal clear evidence of an Anti-Scientology Fair Game Op, and I'd like to get of the bottom of it.

I think we all would, right?

Watchful Navigator likes this.
  2. He-man

He-man Hero extraordinary

I want to get to the buttocks of my last question I had to you. Do you consider yourself fair gaming Mike and Karen?

Why on earth are we still using that term even!? Silly Billy us!

3. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

Absolutely not. I have criticized and questioned some of their words and deeds.

That is not fair game.

4. He-man

But you just made Mike guilty by association, is that fair?

You tried to slander Karen, is that cool?

Sounds like all things fair in love and war to me.

5. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

Perhaps the word slander means something different in viking than it does in English

slan·der
    /ˈslandər/
    Learn to pronounce
    nounLAW
    the action or crime of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation.
    "he is suing the TV network for slander"
    synonyms: defamation, defamation of character, character assassination, misrepresentation of character, calumny, libel; More
    verb
    make false and damaging statements about (someone).
    "they were accused of slandering the head of state"
    synonyms: defame, defame someone's character, blacken someone's name, give someone a bad name, tell lies about, speak ill/evil of, drag through the mud/mire, throw/sling/fling mud at, sully someone's reputation, libel, smear, run a smear campaign against, cast aspersions on, spread scandal about, besmirch, tarnish, taint, misrepresent;

I've never slandered Karen. She has slandered me, however repeatedly in this board.

6. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

As for Mike's guilt by association, it's more like guilt by incitement. I'll show that here and in other threads later.

7. He-man

Oh I do apologize.

I suppose... shaming? Is the correct word in Englineese?

8. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Isn't the asshole always meaner on the other side?

Paul

9. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

This is a genius comment.

I'll bet you pumped your fist in the air and yelled "Fuck yeah!!" right after you wrote it.

10. AD1950

AD1950 Patron

Alanzo,

As our discussion leader, what would be your considerations of the ethics of declaring "fair game" upon L. Ron Hubbard himself?

(This would be the L. Ron Hubbard who made plans to "return" to Earth as a political leader).

11. Veda

Veda Sponsor

"Because his post from March of 2018 appears to reveal clear evidence of an Anti-Scientology Fair Game Op..."

Anti-Scientology? Are you working on behalf of Scientology? Is that how you see yourself? Why would an observation, that was critical of you, be regarded, by you, as anti-Scientology?

How would a comment, based on what was visible in a video you made - a mostly empty room, and suburban homes visible through the window - equate to an "Anti-Scientology Fair Game Op"?

[​IMG]
    Anti-Scientologists can be lurking anywhere.
    Learn to spot them.

12. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

LOL. Ok, so that's where you got the idea I was living in an almost empty house?

13. Veda

Veda Sponsor

This little exchange has revealed your thought processes, or has revealed your shtick.

For your sake, hopefully it's the latter.

Thanks for the demonstration.

14. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

Bump!
    81331962.jpg

15. freethinker

freethinker Sponsor

Sounds more like noisy investigation.

16. PirateAndBum

PirateAndBum Gold Meritorious Patron

Yes it is what is taught. Handle or disconnect. Who are you trying to fool?

Cathy went on FB and advised her daughters friends to unfriend(disconnect from) her. You don't consider disconnection abusive? She was directly involved in that unfortunate mess. You want to say she had no responsibility in the matter?

Should she be punished? No, she will live with the loss of her daughter for the rest of her life. Aftermath wasn't trying to punish Cathy, it was showing how messed up things can be when following the dictates of Scientology policy.

As for the people giving bad reviews to Mrs Rathbun's bakery - that is juvenile and repugnant behavior and I don't condone it.

17. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

The repeated cruelty I saw against Cathy Tweed was a major event which woke me up to the hypocrisy and tribalism in Anti-Scientology.

It's one of those things where, once you see it, you can't unsee it.

Based on your response here, and the popular issues you think are important now, I don't think you've seen it yet.

You will.

The questions, for you - once you see this - will be, "Do I have the moral courage to honestly respond to this? Or will the social cost of responding be too high, so will I just keep looking the other way?"

I think running a message board contains so many social pressures to remain popular that, over time, the environment forces you to choose your friends over the truth - every single day.

Good luck, P & B.

You're gonna need it.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  18. PirateAndBum

PirateAndBum Gold Meritorious Patron

Repeated cruelty? I am speaking about the Aftermath show. One show. Where is the repeated cruelty? Was this on FB message boards that Cathy doesn't read?

Again you just fail to acknowledge that Cathy did have some role. The point was that she was being a good scilon and doing what policy dictated - and I think that was what Aftremath was trying to show. That is the point, not Cathy True. Losing a daughter is heartbreaking. I'm not blaming Cathy. I don't read FB groups so I haven't seen any "repeated cruelty" that you speak of.

I'll do my best to keep my desire to be liked and admired under control. Thank you Ron!

You have valid points about group think. I too was not happy with the whole pedophile thing Tony ran with over one line in DMSMH. It does not reflect the beliefs of scilons in general IMO. I've never posted on the UB. I read UB every day. I find his intolerance to be unfortunate and over the top at times. But Tony is Tony. Overall he does a good job keeping up with the happenings. I sure wouldn't want to have to create a story every day about co$, there's so little going on there other than sucking money from the parishoners.

There's enough bad in the co$ without having to invent or go hyperbolic. I see it.

Type4_PTS, freethinker and Lurker5 like this.
  19. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

Prior to that Aftermath episode - which added absolutely nothing new to that story - except for Paul Haggis' daughter's painting - Tony Ortega did two stories on Cathy Tweed and her daughter's suicide.

The first story ended with a bunch of UBers blaming Cathy Tweed for her daughter's death. Pretty sick and cruel, and normal for them. Then, some months later, Tony brought in licensed therapist and "cult expert" Rachel Bernstein to mentally shame Cathy Tweed for statements she made to Tony on the phone the day after her daughter's funeral.

See my blog post here about that:

Tony Ortega & Rachel Bernstein’s Abuse of Scientologist Cathy Tweed

Writing this story got me banned from Tony's blog, along with quite a few other social costs that came with it. Those costs remain to this day.

Looking back, knowing the costs this blog post exacted on me, would I write and publish it again?

Absolutely. I left Scientology because of the tribalism and cruelty I saw there, and helped to expose them on the Internet. Their resulting fair game also had a lot of social costs for me. I'm not going to sit around and say nothing while the same cruelty and abuse happens again in anti-Scientology.

See P&B, you don't see this stuff yet. You think you are "exposing the crimes and abuses of Scientology" with your friends. Too often, that's not what's happening at all. Too often, it's just a bunch of cruelty and repeated, robotic negativity about other human beings who presently have different beliefs than you do.

Cathy Tweed is not a public figure. She is not responsible for the abuse in Scientology. She lost a daughter to suicide. Lots of people think they know what goes on in the mind of a person who commits suicide and will blame others for it. It's one of the craziest and most cruel things you can do to a mother who has lost her daughter to suicide.

So back to the original point: when you see something like this, knowing that it will make you very unpopular among all your anti-Scientology friends, do you have the balls to speak up?

EDITED TO ADD ONE MORE QUESTION: And if you don't have the balls to speak up, but someone on your board does have the balls to speak up - how will you treat his unpopular ideas?

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  20. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa