ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Anti-Scientology Fair Game

Discussion in 'Fair Game and Disconnection Victims' started by Alanzo, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Veda

Veda Sponsor

I'm glad you agree with me.

[​IMG]

Please explain to Alanzo that Freedom, Media, and Ethics is a front group for Scientology's Freedom magazine and that it scripted, produced, and directed the referenced video.

He didn't understand when I told him.

[​IMG]
    A product of Freedom magazine

Type4_PTS and Lurker5 like this.
  2. Caroline

Caroline Patron Meritorious

Alanzo probably understands. The Aftermath quoted from a Scientology website too. From my transcript:
    [*] The url <leahreminiaftermath.com> was visible for only four frames [0.117 seconds], but I was able to catch it in video-editing software.

3. Veda

Veda Sponsor

I'm not sure what your point is.

All I'm saying is that this video is canned, as in scripted.

[​IMG]
    "Face of hate and discrimination."

4. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

Yes, I do understand that.

Facts are facts - whether they help "the enemy" or not.

The truth is never tribal.

Watchful Navigator likes this.
  5. Caroline

I get what you're saying. My point is that the Aftermath's viewing audience got a scripted, produced, directed and edited version too.

I should post my informal transcript of the relevant Aftermath segment:

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  6. Veda

Veda Sponsor

I've only just quickly scanned this but it looks like Taylor Tweed was hounded to suicide by the Scientology cult.

Reminiscent of what happened to Quentin Hubbard.

7. Caroline

Tayler's end to her life is as heartbreaking as any depression-driven suicide.

The Aftermath and subsequent discussions raise, if I may, some finer points: whether the disputed facts make the judgments being given premature; whether the conclusions the Aftermath appeared to come to were the legitimate province of a "reality" TV show; whether that "reality" TV show is in reality a propaganda vehicle, as well as redemption for Mike Rinder's victimizing people, just as the Volunteer Minister program and their well-publicized good actions are recognized as redemption for corporate Scientologists' victimizing peoples; whether Remini and Rinder could have used other undisputed narratives about suicide and Scientology's handling thereof to make their point about Scientology indoctrination.

We have to acknowledge that Rinder personally, and other insiders personally, helped to elevate Scientology to the vaunted status of "religion" in the US, and gave it tax exempt millions, to drive people like Tayler to suicide; to shudder her mother into using Scientology as opposed to something else; to silence or destroy people; and to consciously terrorize people into the "certainty" that to get their products the Scientologists they worked for, trained, directed and still protect, will do anything.

8. Caroline

@dchoiceisalwaysrs: Gerry's answer to this part of your post:

[1] HCOPL September 27, 1966 The Antisocial Personality - The Anti-Scientologist
    [2] HCOPL August 7, 1965 Suppressive Persons Main Characteristics Of
    [3] The Sp Doctrine On Trial: Opening Statement by Gerry Armstrong
    [4] Scientology Policy Directive 28 of August 13, 1982, "Suppressive Act – Dealing with a Declared Suppressive Person"

Gerry also responded to the other matters you mentioned in your post.

[1] https://gerryarmstrong.ca/the-affirmations-what-was-l-ron-hubbard-thinking/
    [2] https://gerryarmstrong.ca/blowing-the-lid-off-the-problem-with-clearwater/
    [3] https://gerryarmstrong.ca/suicide-note/
    [4] http://www.gerryarmstrong.org/50k/legal/related/3138.php
    [5] http://www.gerryarmstrong.org/50k/legal/a1/283.php
    [6] https://www.bustle.com/articles/152...s-killer-as-promised-he-made-a-bold-statement
    [7] For example: https://gerryarmstrong.ca/?s=apology+not+needed and https://alanzosblog.com/gerry-armstrong-mike-rinder/

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    Little David likes this.
  9. He-man

He-man Hero extraordinary

What she said. :thumbsup:

And GOD DAMMIT! I'm absolutely disgusted that Alanzo's crusade(s) drives that simple fact away from the main ether of ESMB.

10. Veda

Veda Sponsor

The Rinder quote on Suppressive Persons appears to have been from June 2013.

IMO, the "12 characteristics" were window dressing and deceptive lead-in, much as the 1951 Hubbard Chart of Human Evaluation was deceptive lead-in (or "gradient') to the idea that critical of Dianetics/Hubbard = "low toned," etc.

11. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

Presented without comment:

Roger on alanzos bankruptcy.png

12. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

DEFINITION OF FAIR GAME:

The term Fair Game is used to describe policies and practices carried out by the Church of Scientology towards people and groups it perceives as its enemies.

Founder L. Ron Hubbard established the policy in the 1950s, in response to criticism both from within and outside his organization. Individuals or groups who are "Fair Game" are judged to be a threat to the Church and, according to the policy, can be punished and harassed using any and all means possible.

In 1968, Hubbard officially canceled use of the term "Fair Game" because of negative public relations it caused, although the Church's aggressive response to criticism continued.
    Applying the principles of Fair Game, Hubbard and his followers targeted many individuals as well as government officials and agencies, including a program of covert and illegal infiltration of the IRS and other U.S. government agencies during the 1970s. They also conducted private investigations, character assassination and legal action against the Church's critics in the media. The policy remains in effect and has been defended by the Church of Scientology as a core religious practice.

Starting in the 1980s, for their major branch in Los Angeles, California, the Scientology organization largely switched from using church members in harassment campaigns to hiring private investigators, including former and current Los Angeles police officers. The reason seemed to be that this gave the church a layer of protection in case embarrassing tactics were used and made public.

13. Veda

Veda Sponsor

That's a thorough explanation of Fair Game. Where did you cut and paste it from?

Sometimes, you have similarities to the old ARS troll, "truth seeker," who would begin with some factual critical information about the Scientology cult, then follow it up with malevolent mischief, including a list of actual critics/dissidents who he would claim were secretly working for the cult.

The objective was to create chaos and to demoralize.
    ____________​

The "Most Scientologists are Christians" thread: https://exscn.net/forum/threads/most-scientologists-are-christians.50762/

Type4_PTS likes this.
  14. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

You should be demoralized that you are part of a group that practices fair game.

Anti scientology is an hysterical, socially constructed nightmare that engages in some of the worst forms of tribalism while claiming to be morally superior to scientology.

Seeing that kind of blind hypocrisy would be demoralizing for anyone who still has a soul left.

There are many antiscientologists who no longer have a soul left.

Ask @RogerB where he got this information about me.

15. He-man

I don't think Veda joined a "group". What he actually did was join a forum. Learn to spot the difference. You are here too, are you also a part of a group that practices fair game?

Would you dare say I am?

Have you apologized to Karen yet?

16. Veda

Veda Sponsor

There is no group of 'anti-Scientologists" except in your imagination and, in any event, I am certainly not a member.

If someone sent out an e-mail that contained your social security number then, I would hope, he or she would be arrested or, at the least, sued.

If it happened, I would like to know who did it.

17. He-man

Me too.

And who received it.

18. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

See the opening post to this thread. Think about the moral equivalence of scientology VS anti-scientology fair game.

Why aren't you curious who sent @RogerB this information?

If you actually are morally superior to scientology you would be criticizing this just as much as you are criticizing scientology fair game.

So are you morally superior to scientology, or are you just a hypocrite?

19. He-man

I am. If you can't see that then I guess I am the only OT left on this planet and you must be truly inferior.

I kid the Alanzo.

20. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

Yes, your posting style toward me doesn't really follow the advice you kept giving me a couple of weeks ago.

But I can see this behavior among anti scientologists is a concern to you, just as it is a concern to me.

I have been seeing this fair game behavior and tribalism among anti Scientologists for 4 or 5 years now. And I have been criticizing it for the very reasons you are here.

I appreciate your ability to draw a moral equivalence here.

So @RogerB: let's get to the bottom of this.

Who sent you that email?