ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Are you sure you want another story?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Megalomaniac, Dec 15, 2008.

View Users: View Users
  1. Megalomaniac

Megalomaniac Silver Meritorious Patron

Hi again,

I enjoyed reading others' stories.:yes: :thumbsup:

So far I've posted a few posts, some of them tedious, some not saying much. But I'm wondering if anyone believes I'm real.

I'd like to write my story. But it seems overwhelming. Also, I don't want to anger those dear to me, so I'll have to leave out some of the details that make a real story real. I don't think I can do it in chronological order, as Scooter and FoTi do so well.:thumbsup:

But, if you're interested in ANOTHER story, I'll try to do it.

-mac

2. SchwimmelPuckel

SchwimmelPuckel Genuine Meatball

Bring it on, why don't yea?

:fighting:

3. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

Yeah!

Bring it on!

Just write about certain incidents as they buzz into your mind like little flies.

Each post you write swats one down, and then another, until Viola!

Yer playin the fiddle!

4. Wisened One

Wisened One Crusader

:yes: :clap: Story! Story! :clap:

:drama:

5. anonomog

anonomog Gold Meritorious Patron

6. Div6

Div6 Crusader

Please. Do tell.

Thanks.

7. FoTi

FoTi Crusader

Yes please.

Please do write some or all of your story, however you want to tell it. It's your story. There is no special format here. I'm doing mine in sequence for my own reasons. Everyone here does it their own way.

:yes: :drama: :yes: Please tell your story. :drama:

8. byte301

byte301 Crusader

Quit yapping and start writing!!! We love stories and we don't care about chronology. :D

9. feline

feline Patron Meritorious

Mac, of course we want to hear your story. If you need to leave out or fictionalize some details, that's fine. Tell us whatever you think you want to.

10. Megalomaniac

It Snowed in Newport!

Ok!

Well, I moved to Newport, Oregon last year and this is the most snow I've ever seen. So, this is my house, and the goofy looking guy in front of the fig tree, is me.

How did I get here? Why are there figs in December? I guess that's the story. But I need to get back to work.

-mac

Attached Files:

11. Axiom142

Axiom142 Gold Meritorious Patron

Mac,

Of course we are interested. Tell as much as you are comfortable with. Chronological order doesn’t matter so much, but connected by some sort of theme might help?

Just one thing to consider. Once you write it, it is there for the whole world to see. Don’t say anything that a certain vindictive organisation might be able to use against you.

And as for “goofy looking guy”, nonsense. Just wait until you see what Alanzo looks like. :whistling:

Axiom142

12. Good twin

Good twin Floater

Mega....I think you're cute. Please tell a story. We all love stories.

:drama:

13. byte301

byte301 Crusader

Nothing goofy about you...besides, you drive a truck! :happydance:

14. Unperfekt

Unperfekt Patron

Tell us what disappointed you the most about Scientology and a story about how you came to realize that.

15. Voltaire's Child

Voltaire's Child Fool on the Hill

The more the merrier. I don't think there's anyone here who would say "no" to your question. Everyone's story is valuable and relevant.

16. HappyGirl

HappyGirl Gold Meritorious Patron

Mac, you KNOW I'm interested in your story!!! I'd like to hear about what it was like growing up at Delphi with "Mr. Earthlink" (Sky). I'd like to know what happened that brought you out of the Scn mindset enough to inspire you to come to this board. I made lots of popcorn. :drama: :drama: :drama:

17. Lohan2008

Lohan2008 Gold Meritorious Patron

Plz write

writing it down makes your experience more "real", helps you sort out what you can let go of (heaps) and what stuff really, really p*ss you off.

gets it out of your system, others will say "yep, been there"

18. Megalomaniac

Pick up that dog shit. Thank you. Put it in that bag. Thank you.

Timeline
    1971 Kansas
    1973?-1977 Los Angeles, California
    1977-1981 Delphi, Sheridan, Oregon
    1981 Summer Lake Minchumina, Alaska
    1981 Fall San Carlos, California
    1982-1986 Rathdrum, Idaho
    1986-1989 Delphi, Sheridan, Oregon
    1989 Summer San Jose, California
    1989-1990 Harvey Mudd College, Claremont, California
    1990-1991 San Jose, California
    1991 Boise, Idaho
    1991-1992 Flag Land Base, Clearwater, Florida
    1993-2000 San Jose (or nearby), California, occupation = construction worker
    2000-2007 San Jose (or nearby), California, occupation = computer programmer
    2006-2007 (5 weeks spanning new year) Yokohama & Tokyo, Japan
    2007-2008 Newport, Oregon

Hmmm, this might not be boring after all.:confused2:

Understood. But, if it's OSA you're referring to, I'm approaching them contrary to the conventional wisdom of hiding. First of all, *I* am approaching *THEM*. I am trying to contact them. They have to answer to me. I have some questions and complaints. They need to satisfy me, they owe me that. Second, I am communicating to them as individuals, not as a scary mob.

LOL. You want status? Buy a diesel truck. I've never had been called "sir" before by a gas station attendant until I drove in with that truck.

All in due time. One of the things I enjoyed about the other stories, kind of a shock really, was that they were not just a stream of complaints about Scientology. All the great experiences were mixed in with the bad, just like real life. I'll try to do the same here. I think some of my other posts and my gigantic open letter give a lot of my disappointments. If I haven't satisfied your question after a while, bug me again.

HG, you too, if I don't answer your questions, bug me again.

Growing Up With Scientology

One of the great things that I attribute to Scientology is the attitude my parents took toward me. I can only recall two incidents where I was physically struck by my parents. Neither was serious at all, and I won't detail them, as it just was a fluke. Instead, the emphasis seemed to be on doing amends when I got in trouble. I'm having trouble remembering a specific incident of this, but I know that's how it was. My brother and I used to fight. One time I remember my dad having us do TR 0 as the handling. The attitude towards me was that I was supposed to be responsible. This was never in a degrading way.

I don't remember the dogshit story very well, so some of this is from what others told me. When I was, I guess, 3 or 4 years old, it was my duty to clean up the dog poop. It was my uncle's job to make sure I did this. So we'd be in the yard, me with a shovel and some kind of bag. And my uncle would have to TR3 me (repeatedly tell me) to "pick up that dog shit", and "put it in that bag". And I think he kind of had to make me do it. I guess I didn't like it. :no: I can barely remember this. But I know I eventually came to accept the idea that I was supposed to help out and keep up a fair exchange. This was a very valuable lesson and has served me well.

See? How can you not like Scientology? :eyeroll:

I know other kids didn't have it so good. But for me, the good parts of Scientology seemed to be applied to me as a kid.

Ok, I better go "get my exchange in" ... work to do.

19. HappyGirl

HappyGirl Gold Meritorious Patron

Great start!!! Continue just like this. :drama:
    You went to Harvey Mudd?! So did my brother. I have fond memories of visiting him and his crazy friends there (late '50s)!

:D

20. Wisened One

Wisened One Crusader

So! :drama: You from Kansas? :drama: I live in Wichita! :yes:
    Just think of all those lurkers and scn's-on-the-fence you might help with telling your story! :yes: :drama:

DO continue!

:)