ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Basics Books Bonza Buggerup

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by scooter, Nov 1, 2008.

1. scooter

scooter Gold Meritorious Patron

Yes there's a difference between 98% dumpstering them and all of them - I grant you that:D

Stll crap stats tho?

2. quietheart

quietheart Patron Meritorious

This is what is available at my local library:
    An introduction to Scientology [videorecording] 2006
    Dianetics / [Cassette] 1992
    What is scientology? : the comprehensive reference on the world's fastest growing religion 1992

This is what is listed for all the local libraries:
    Dianetics : the evolution of a science 2002
    An introduction to Scientology [videorecording] 2006
    Dianetics [sound recording] : the evolution of a science 2002
    Dianetics [sound recording] : lectures & demonstrations 2002
    Dianetics / [Cassette] 1992
    How to use dianetics : a visual guidebook to the human mind / [videorecording] 1992
    What is scientology? : the comprehensive reference on the world's fastest growing religion 1992
    Scientology : the fundamentals of thought 1988
    Dianetics : the modern science of mental health 1986

I tried checking the Memphis system, but for some reason it's acting hinky. Just figured I'd post my results for anyone interested.

3. scooter

Bjorkist - Would love that picture actually - your library uses a different system to all the others that I've seen - they usually just note at the end of the entry how many copies etc..

So out of maybe 40 books at the central branch, there are 4 out at the mo.

There are none at the branch libraries and the promise was EVERY library -not just the major branches.

Ask your seniors where the money's gone.

4. quietheart

Checked the various areas I've lived for just the NEW Basic books, here's my results:
    Yuma area
    2 books
    pheonix area
    5 books
    Springfield area
    4 books
    Brevard area (This one really surprised me since it's in FL)
    0 books
    There were 3 areas that I couldn't check because they either didn't have a website or no online catalog.

5. scooter

QH it's like I keep finding out that the world is round - this had to be one of the greatest cons around, even for the C0$.

I keep finding out more about the cult I've defended for near thirty years but nothing beats this one.

There's library systems in my old home town of Sydney that have NO Hubbard books at all

For anyone to attempt to defend this is any way just makes me think they'd have to be an apologist for the cult - end of story.

You do have a national library database that tells you the story across the nation (most western countries do too - just google and you'll soon the magnitude of this scam) yet I'm still being told by the local AO that it's being "handled" and I should see the IAS event to get set straight again :D

6. quietheart

I didn't know about the national database, I'll have to check it out. I can only imagine how those of you who were in, especially those recently out, must feel. I know I would feel betrayed if I had donated thousands of dollars and the money hadn't went for the purpose I'd donated for. I'm glad you're out and wish you all the best in the future.
    :hug:
    Es

7. Good twin

Good twin Floater

There are zero copies of any of the new basic books in the Palm Beach county library system in Florida.

8. SchwimmelPuckel

SchwimmelPuckel Genuine Meatball

Off topic, but not much so.. If we look at it as CoS targeting libraries.. There's getting their own books in them. (The fail project discussed in this thread.) - And there's getting critical books out of them!

Removing critical books from libraries has been going on since I was in. I was asked to do it. Go to the library and loan the books, and then fail to deliver them back and pay the small fine for it. I refused to do it though. Possibly a KR was written on me for that?

I found this documentation:

Office of Special Affairs, (OSA): Books Critical of Scientology Stolen and Destroyed

:grouch:

9. scooter

Nice one, SP - that is a very important document you've found there. Classic OSA op if ever I heard of one. :coolwink:

10. Voltaire's Child

Voltaire's Child Fool on the Hill

11. Björkist

Björkist Silver Meritorious Patron

Interesting. In Denver library there are 4 copies of "A Piece of Blue Sky", 1 copy of "Bare Faced Messiah" and 1 copy of "The Road to Total Freedom" (which I am currently reading).

12. Nurse Pinch

Nurse Pinch Patron with Honors

Still no photo eh Björkist?
    Pinchy.

13. Björkist

No photo of what, this?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 23, 2008
  14. Nurse Pinch

This photo crashingly proves nothing. Please provide the photo you promise above.

Pinchy.

15. Björkist

Did I give a specific deadline on when I would get those pictures taken and posted, dipshit?

And that picture plus the DPL website crashingly proves that not every single library is trashing or recycling their Scientology books...as one idiot claimed in post #147 of this thread.

If you want proof, check the Denver Public Library website link I provided, plus the links to various specific titles.

Fundamentals Of Thought: http://catalog.denverlibrary.org/cgi-bin/cw_cgi?fullRecord+7368+10+624231707+1+0

The Creation of Human Ability: http://catalog.denverlibrary.org/cgi-bin/cw_cgi?fullRecord+3626+10+624231771+1+0

Advanced Procedure & Axioms: http://catalog.denverlibrary.org/cgi-bin/cw_cgi?fullRecord+23771+10+624231715+2+0

And on and on and on...

READ MOAR BETTER AND DON'T CALL ME IN THE MORNING.

16. Nurse Pinch

You are really a master at spotting SP traits aren't you- you must have done a course on it. :clap:

Just supply the docs re YOU'RE claim. You have a two week TM (as you state that you go to the library every other week) to supply the photo, or a KR for non-compliance will be written with a copy sent to your mother. If you dont know what a TM is... study your scriptures.

Pinchy.

17. Björkist

Actually, here is what I said:

Once again, (sigh) READ MOAR BETTER.

18. Nurse Pinch

To be honest I dont think anyone who read the thread who has an IQ over about 15, thought that EVERY SINGLE library was throwing EVERY SINGLE book away. Just most of them. And it appears that the online catalog data backs this up.

The point is that the church is lying to its parishoners about the success of the library dono campaign; and is using it as another excuse to filch (is that even a word?) money out of honest people.

Pinchy.

19. Nurse Pinch

No need to be rude. The TM stands.

Pinchy.

20. Björkist

No rudeness.

Just telling it how it is.