What's new

Being Declared in Scientology… Kind Of

RSS Feed

RSS Feeder Bot
There is a new post up at the Mike Rinder's Blog

Being Declared in Scientology… Kind Of

It’s Saturday, time for some Terra Cognita… Being Declared in Scientology…Kind of “Being declared” in Scientology—short for “being declared a suppressive person,”—lets one know he or she is an evil, despicable, and degraded being, and that everyone associated with this person should disconnect from him or her immediately. LRH said an SP[.......]

Continue reading...

RogerB

Crusader
Well, yes . . . being "Declared" by that sick, twisted, evil cult in actuality is a sign of one's actual sanity and worth.

One only has to look at the vast list of decent people, all out in the real world contributing and making their way, and compare it to the introverted, insular non-productive "takers" doing the "Declaring" to know who has gotten it right.

RogerB

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
My SP Declare typed on goldenrod paper is one of my prized possessions.

I know of other exes who threw theirs away or else sent them back covered in unmentionable substances. Maybe that's why the CofS doesn't send them out any more?

EZ Linus

Cleared Tomato
I've waited for mine for many years and it's still not here. I didn't realize that they didn't send them out anymore, but I also know that you're supposed to get a CommEv first and I have never received a Bill of Particulars either. Wasn't that what those were called?

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
The editor for a local newspaper can be declared. Anyone can be declared without a Comm Ev. I can understand why they don't distribute goldenrod anymore. It is cringingly bad PR for anyone who isn't a true believer to read those paranoid totalitarian ranting decrees and now they can be distributed world wide in an instant. An SP Declare is a major escalation also. It forces everyone connected to that person to do the Doubt Formula in their heads and I'm guessing lately the Church comes down on the losing side an awful lot. For every SP Declare they are really lowering the credibility of Scientology for at least 3 to 5 other people and the newly minted SP is no longer obliged to stay under the radar with their story, if not now highly motivated to tell their story.

There are only supposed to be about 2 percent of the population who are bona fide SPs so to any Scientologist it must seem that either there are an inordinate percentage of SPs attracted to Scientology or LRH's estimate of SPs as a percentage of the population was extremely low, or SP Declares are being issued unjustly.

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
I've waited for mine for many years and it's still not here. I didn't realize that they didn't send them out anymore, but I also know that you're supposed to get a CommEv first and I have never received a Bill of Particulars either. Wasn't that what those were called?
I didn't get a CommEv either. My declare just arrived in the mail after I'd taken them to court to get some money back.