What's new

BOOTS IN THE ----Oh BULLSHIT!

MostlyLurker

Patron Meritorious
That reminds me of a beautiful blog: Ask the Scientologist

Conversation with a Scientologist

The following is pure fiction, and is not intended to insult anyone. It comes from my frustration with attempting to have a rational discussion about the pros and cons of the subject with some hard-line Scientologists.

Non-Scientologist: So, tell me about Scientology.

Scientologist: Well, it’s a religious philosophy which contains tools that anyone can use to improve their life. These are workable tools that have been proven to be uniformly successful if they are applied correctly.

Non-Scientologist: OK, but forgive me if I question your statement about being uniformly successful. I’ve seen some disturbing things online. Apparently the head of Scientology is physically and verbally abusive to his staff, people are forced to disconnect from their families, the Scientology organizations are emptying out, and there are a lot of defections, including top level OTs. That doesn’t seem to indicate uniform success.

Scientologist: Well, people in the Church are not correctly applying Scientology. They’ve altered the technology. What they are doing is not Scientology.

Non-Scientologist: I see. Well, if alteration of the technology is such a major problem, maybe Hubbard should have warned people about it. Maybe he should have written an issue alerting them to the dangers of altering the technology, and had every Scientologist read it at the beginning of every course.

Scientologist: Well, actually, he did that.

Non-Scientologist: Oh. Well, then, why didn’t that work?

Scientologist: Well, that’s because people have misunderstood. They can’t duplicate what they are reading.

Non-Scientologist: I see. That sounds like a serious block. Maybe Hubbard should have written something warning people about the importance of understanding words. Maybe he should have developed a technology of how to study.

Scientologist: Well, actually, he did. It’s called Study Tech.

Non-Scientologist: OK. Well, why didn’t that work?

Scientologist: It’s because people are out-ethics! They are just blinded by their own overts –transgressions – and they have withholds.

Non-Scientologist: Well, I can understand that could be a problem. Hubbard should have invented a technology of ethics to help people be more ethical and disciplined.

Scientologist: Well, actually, he did. There’s a whole book on it.

Non-Scientologist: OK, well, why don’t people apply that?

Scientologist: You don’t understand. Technology doesn’t get applied because the Orgs are a mess! They are off-purpose, more interested in income than really helping people. They are understaffed and desperate, and it’s hard to get anything standard done!

Non-Scientologist: Sure, I can see how that would be. Well, maybe Hubbard should have developed a technology of organization; how to keep organizations on-purpose and functioning properly. Maybe he should have written up all of their duties in detail so they know exactly what they should be doing.

Scientologist: Well, actually, he did do that. It’s been published in ten big volumes.

Non-Scientologist: Well, then, why doesn’t that get applied?

Scientologist: Staff don’t have time to study it. There’s too few of them and they are desperate. There are just not enough people in the orgs!

Non-Scientologist: Oh, I see. Well, then, maybe Hubbard should have developed a technology of how to promote and market Scientology. Maybe he should have provided drills telling people how to effectively disseminate Scientology.

Scientologist: Well, actually he did do that.

Non-Scientologist: Ok, why isn’t that correctly applied?

Scientologist: You don’t understand! The whole of the Church of Scientology has been taken over by Suppressive Persons. They are perverting the tech! They are destroying the Church! Everyone is PTS to them!

Non-Scientologist: Goodness, that sounds serious! Well, maybe Hubbard should have developed a technology to show people how to spot Suppressive Persons, and how to handle them once you’ve spotted them, so you don’t go PTS.

Scientologist: Well, actually, he did that too.

Non-Scientologist: Oh! Well, then, why doesn’t that get applied?

Scientologist: There are so many other factors I haven’t even mentioned! People have something called GPMs, they have whole track implants, they have evil purposes in restimulation, they have…

Non-Scientologist: Well, why didn’t Hubbard develop technologies to…

Scientologist: He did! He did! But you don’t understand! You can’t get technology correctly applied when you have people who are not rational, who are not sane, who are low on the Tone Scale, who are aberrated…

Non-Scientologist: Well, maybe Hubbard should have developed a technology to make people rational and sane, to raise them on the Tone Scale, to get rid of aberration.

Oh wait. Isn’t that what Scientology is supposed to do?

- Arthur

Boomima

Patron with Honors
Boots in the Bullshit is quite possibly the best thread title ever. It needs to be the title of the next Scientology related book.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

It is kind of delusionally creepy that Scientologists have this concept about themselves and how they are wearing "Boots in the Sky". Example follows...

WHAT A SCIENTOLOGIST IS DOING:
Convincing other Scientologists to use their charge cards and go into overwhelming debt that results in bankruptcy, in order to buy a new building for the Ideal Org or SuperPower delivery--that is simply another reg office to convince other Scientologists to use their charge cards and go into overwhelming debt that results in bankruptcy, in order to.....(ad "eternity")

WHAT A SCIENTOLOGIST THINKS THEY ARE DOING:
Wearing Ron's Boots in the Sky and thereby taking responsibility for saving all beings in the universe.

WHAT A WOG THINKS THEY ARE DOING:
Stealing people's money and ruining their lives.

So, who has the higher IQ, greater Ability, superior Knowing-How-To-Know or Obnosis?

A fully audited and trained OT or a Wog?

Anonycat

Crusader
Funny thing about Marty is that the last thing on Earth that he wants... is for Miscavige to go away. His rallying cry of 'everything is Wee Davey's fault' works fine while David Miscavige can still command the loyalty of thousands of Scnist soldier-ants, but if Miscavige goes away... then why isn't Scientology working?

If nobody stalks, harrasses and disrupts Marty - who claims to be 'delivering Scientology' - then why isn't Marty able to produce OTs, or even clears?

If David Miscavige runs away to a country with no extradition treaty, "kills himself" like his mother-in-law, retires on health grounds or simply goes invisible... Marty loses his scapegoat. Like LRH's ludicrous crusade against the legitimate mental health profession, Marty's crusade is just a make-work project to stop the 'faithful' from having time to notice all the other things that are wrong with Scientology.

Scientology doesn't work very well when it doesn't have an enemy to attack, does it?

Good point. To me, Marty offers the conflict/drama that a few exes have found comforting. Daddy Marty is going to be a big man and outwardly oppose that which those exes are so angry & disgusted about. Never mind 'cause over MEST', we're leading the fight against DM! You give them "what for", Marty! I agree that he needs this drama in order to make PR for himself.

I have never met Marty, so I offer one instance of almost contact. A year ago, Marty took up a collection for Debbie Cook's legal fees. He had just posted something on his blog that alluded to $50,000 (was it 52,000?) having been pledged to Debbie. In the following days, I was chatting with Debbie on Facebook. I mentioned the fund-raising at Marty's blog, and SHE HAD NO IDEA! She asked me for a link, and then went off to read it, after telling me that they had been friends before. I just thought that was very odd.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Thanks, AC, for reviving this thread. What an excellent example of the many treasures buried here on ESMB, I blame Tom Cruise! This thread was well worth the re-read. :thumbsup:

Keep finding them ESMBers, there's gold in them thar hills! :)

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Posted this morning at the Bunker:

A video Scientology doesn’t want you to see: “Boots in the Sky”

Starting today, we’re beginning a new weekly feature that we think is going to impinge. (That’s Scientology talk for “have a big effect.”)

The Underground Bunker has heard from a source who has access to a large number of Scientology’s internal videos. We believe that some of the videos have never been online before. Others, like today’s, did make it to the Internet, but then were pulled down by threats from Scientology.

We’re not getting a lot of information from our source about the videos except where to find them online. But we did some quick research and so we know that today’s piece, “Boots in the Sky,” is something that Scientologists know very well. The words you hear are spoken by L. Ron Hubbard — it’s from a lecture he gave as part of the Philadelphia Doctorate Course in December 1952.

We’ll have more to say about the PDC and the origin of this video in a minute. First, give it a look…

<snip>
See Full Post:http://tonyortega.org/2013/12/20/a-...-want-you-to-see-boots-in-the-sky/#more-12267

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Also, here's a post from the comments section from the Bunker:

boots_zps31ff1230.jpg

:biggrin:

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
Posted this morning at the Bunker:

What.

In.

The.

Blue.

Fuck?

When do you first hear about these boots? Because I can't see how anyone who isn't deeply hooked by auditing wins would not, upon hearing this tape, mutter "this fucker's a loon" and blow that Popsicle stand.

Another question. Hubbard's voice in that tape is just barely recognizable from the other audio I've heard of him in the late 60s and 70s. His later stuff took on an audio timbre of grandiosity that reminds me of Froghorn Leghorn. Does anyone know when that change in his voice took place? It seems to me to not merely be the effects of aging, but also of mental illness, as I've known a handful of schizophrenics who also talked that way.

Last edited:

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
Was just on the site and the Boots video doesn't work. Anyone else have the problem? I tried it several times. Then I went to the Mark Bunker video on the same page, and it played just fine. (Excellent video, by the way!)

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron

It is kind of delusionally creepy that Scientologists have this concept about themselves and how they are wearing "Boots in the Sky". Example follows...

WHAT A SCIENTOLOGIST IS DOING:
Convincing other Scientologists to use their charge cards and go into overwhelming debt that results in bankruptcy, in order to buy a new building for the Ideal Org or SuperPower delivery--that is simply another reg office to convince other Scientologists to use their charge cards and go into overwhelming debt that results in bankruptcy, in order to.....(ad "eternity")

WHAT A SCIENTOLOGIST THINKS THEY ARE DOING:
Wearing Ron's Boots in the Sky and thereby taking responsibility for saving all beings in the universe.

WHAT A WOG THINKS THEY ARE DOING:
Stealing people's money and ruining their lives.

So, who has the higher IQ, greater Ability, superior Knowing-How-To-Know or Obnosis?

A fully audited and trained OT or a Wog?

FUCKING BRILLIANT.

HelluvaHoax!

Was just on the site and the Boots video doesn't work. Anyone else have the problem? I tried it several times. Then I went to the Mark Bunker video on the same page, and it played just fine. (Excellent video, by the way!)

Also playing on YouTube right now. . .

[video=youtube;XCIysS4114I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCIysS4114I[/video]

HelluvaHoax!

What.

In.

The.

Blue.

Fuck?

When do you first hear about these boots? Because I can't see how anyone who isn't deeply hooked by auditing wins would not, upon hearing this tape, mutter "this fucker's a loon" and blow that Popsicle stand.

Another question. Hubbard's voice in that tape is just barely recognizable from the other audio I've heard of him in the late 60s and 70s. His later stuff took on an audio timbre of grandiosity that reminds me of Froghorn Leghorn. Does anyone know when that change in his voice took place? It seems to me to not merely be the effects of aging, but also of mental illness, as I've known a handful of schizophrenics who also talked that way.

"His later stuff took on an audio timbre of grandiosity that reminds me of Froghorn Leghorn."

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

In answer to your question about when Hubbard's voice changed to an "audio timbre of grandiosity". . .

It was when Ron became afflicted with PTS.

Pompous Talk Syndrome.

Jump

Operating teatime
I say, son, Foghorn Leghorn really does have a huge commonality with Hubbard. But when you add the liver-lips and the gormless face-to-camera grins, Froghorn Leghorn really nails it. :thumbsup:

What.

In.

The.

Blue.

Fuck?

The very beginning doesn't sound like Hubb at all. Overall it sounds like a combination of voice actor, merged in and out of the real Hubb, and also merged with fiddling around with Hubb's original recording to make it sound more upbeat and lighter. Hubbard's usual slower, more sombre tone, if it was sped up, it would perhaps sound like that bit at the beginning where the speed would still retain some charactersitics of Hubbs voice, but still sound within a "normal" range of male voice. So it would sound like Hubb could sound if he was a faster, higher pitched speaker. But since he wasn't, it doesn't sound too weird in relation to normal male speech range but it does sound weird to anyone who has heard Hubb. That is good enough to a fuckwit sloppy COS dickhead but it sounds bizarre to all others.

I have used a very simple free program to modify audio and if a person has a slow and deeper voice it can be sped up and still sound human. If a person has a high pitch to begin with, speeding up their voice takes them very quickly into a pitch which makes them sound too silly, if you are wanting it to remain at least 'human'.

I have no expertise on this, I was just trying to modify language learning audio to get it slower. It did not matter to me if the speaker did not sound "like him/her self" or not, as long as pronunciation stayed within a normal range and it was a bit slower. It works the same going faster.

Then again, it could be Hubb deciding that he needed an 'upbeat theta' tone. Awful either way.
WTFK