What's new

Brainwashing: A Synthesis Of The Russian Textbook on Psychopolitics

Caroline

Patron Meritorious
I have posted two editions of Brainwashing: A Synthesis Of The Russian Textbook on Psychopolitics, aka "The Brainwashing Manual" to archive.org, where these documents can be viewed/downloaded.

This numbered letter insert was tucked into the first manual:

Brainwashing-Manual.1_0000.jpg

Also see my collection of documents relating to Scientology and Brainwashing.

Gib

Crusader
I have posted two editions of Brainwashing: A Synthesis Of The Russian Textbook on Psychopolitics, aka "The Brainwashing Manual" to archive.org, where these documents can be viewed/downloaded.

Hubbard's rhetoric was that, in later he said, in order to have a story plot, one has to have a weenie, or something that everybody is after.

The brainwashing manual is rhetoric to influence people to join dianetics and get auditing, see the last paragraph of your post.

First hubbard said in many early lectures Dianetics un brainwashes people.

Hubbard's rhetroic or weenie was to introduce the brainwashing manual to create hysteria among the existing members because dianetics undoes brainwashing and a member is safe. and using psychopolitics to reinforce the idea that dianetics works to un brainwash.

Don't you see?

It's all rhetoric, the art of persuasion thru writing.

Veda

Sponsor

Thank you for the great collection of documents.

From the date of this, it appears to be August 1956. If that date is correct the Manual had already been in circulation for a year.

My impression was that too many people were seeing the similarity of Hubbard's writing style and attributing the "Russian Communist" Manual to Hubbard.

This violated the law of black propaganda, where the source must remain unknown.

A few years later, con man "Reverend" Kenneth Goff entered the Manual into the Congressional Record, and it became an "Hubbardian factual fact."

Soon after, Hubbard ordered more Manuals be printed and distributed - with reference to it having appeared in the Congressional record.

tumblr_ld50v7q6tn1qabw68o1_400.gif