ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Can We Ever Be Friends?

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by afaceinthecrowd, Dec 2, 2011.

1. afaceinthecrowd

afaceinthecrowd Gold Meritorious Patron

Shortly after I started posting on ESMB I announced that I did not wish to have Friend’s Requests. At that time, I didn’t want to get sidetracked with Friend PM’s as -- due to my brain damage -- I had a limited and unpredictable number of daily reading and writing time-coins and I wanted to focus on reading all the great stuff all Y’all have posted and post daily, and I wanted to spend time writing down my “Take” on my Life and Times with El Ron. I was also a little bit uncertain about just who was who, what was what and just how things worked around here.

I’ve come a long way in the last 24 months and being here with all Y’all and participating in this here First Class Rodeo has been a HUGE benefit to my improvement over that time.

I’m still slow and have limited and unpredictable daily R&W time-coins but, over the last year or so, I have had some wonderful PM Dialogues with a few folks which I have enjoyed immensely and am much better off for having.

Long and short of this is that I’m now okay with “FR’s” (never thought I'd live to see the day that I said I was "okay" with "FR's :eyeroll:) and PM’s. I’m not soliciting FR’s and PM’s but, with the caveat that I’m slow, forgetful and easily distracted at times, I don’t want anyone here to feel reticent in “approaching” or chatting a little with me “after hours” if they wish. I am very protective of my IRL identity and only a handful of Members know the Face's "face"...mostly folks that "chewed some of the same dirt" as I did.

As far as my initiating FR’s goes, I consider just about everyone here…Members and Lurkers…to be my Friend. I truly wish I was able (as I was before my Brain Hemorrhages) to maintain a bountiful number of relationships and correspondences.

As I reflect on my life as it was, as it is and as I hope it will continue to be the most wondrous moments were Activities, Work and Dialogues with, being of Service to and Learning about, Learning from, Sharing with and spending Moments in Time with Others.

Peace Be With You, My Friends. :cheers2:

Let ‘er Buck! :happydance:

Face :)

Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  2. GoNuclear

GoNuclear Gold Meritorious Patron

HI! I'm with the IAS, and that makes me your BEST FRIEND as we are allies in SAVING THE PLANET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now about upgrading your status ...

Pete

3. SchwimmelPuckel

SchwimmelPuckel Genuine Meatball

Ac'tully.. I took the title to be that infamous 'question' asked by the Sinister Scam Cult of Scientology.. To which my answer would be: No! - Make that: HELL NO!!!!

But I see that it's just face asking it.. So that's ok.. We can be friends!

:yes:

4. Petey C

Petey C Silver Meritorious Patron

Good on ya, Face. I'm not much of a "friends" type either -- not to say I don't have lots, it's just that somehow I missed the boat regarding "friending". I can never figure out why people I barely know what to friend me, either here or on FB, but it's OK with me (provided I think they're OK).

I'm pretty sure you're gonna be inundated soon with friend requests! :omg:

5. afaceinthecrowd

I'll buy any Stutus you want at any price you want :omg:......

as long as I get to name the Terms and Conditions.:coolwink:

6. Oneflewover

Oneflewover Patron with Honors

I thought this was going to be about that piece of crap tape from the late 70's that was supposed to handle antagonistic relatives and friends, but only pissed them off and made you look like a moron for playing it for them.

7. Winston Smith

Winston Smith Flunked Scientology

Its a beautiful day in the neighborhood, would you be mine? (Takes off sweater)

8. afaceinthecrowd

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I kinda sucker punched Y'all with that title...:blush:... it's my own little personal :giggle: .

I'm not gonna tell the whole story here at this time but...

Initially, El Ron chose me to be the "voice" for the CWEBF? tape. :ohmy:

After the first recording session I got "fired" as I sounded "too high toned and 'respectful'". :confused2:

My replacement was Fred Hare. El Ron wanted the script delivered at 1.1, Covert hostility, 1.15,Unexpressed resentment and 1.2, No sympathy so that it would "communicate" to SP's and, according to El Ron, Fred was "better at matching" those Tones than I was. :eyeroll:

IIRC, pre Scn Fred had worked for a couple of months as a midnight to dawn DJ at a radio station...I think it was in San Luis Obispo, CA...which, of course, in El Ron’s hyperbolic mindset made Fred a "Professional". :whistling:

The forgoing is not intended to disparage Fred Hare in any way. Fred was very devoted to El Ron and especially Mary Sue and we always got along just fine. :coolwink:

Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  9. afaceinthecrowd

It's 'cause you're so lovable. :coolwink:

Face :smoochy:

10. afaceinthecrowd

That's a great direction for this Thread to go in...I sent CWEBF? tapes to mildly "antago" relatives and it made them go ballistic and become aggressively "antago". :melodramatic:

Last edited: Dec 3, 2011
  11. I'm glad to hear that things seem to be going well for you Face! :happydance:

I have always considered you to be one of the very special posters here, ever since we got to know one another a bit via a thread "clubhouse". :thumbsup: We've always been friends in Spirit, if not virtually. :biggrin:

Your posts are so insightful, and you have so much good information, I am always glad to see you posting on this or that thread. I pay attention to what you say.

I hope that being a part of the board is healing for you. You are a very important part of our "mix" here. I love you and wish you well, you and your family. :flowers2:

12. pollywog

pollywog Patron with Honors

Hi Face. I think I would like to be your friend IRL. That probably won't happen, so consider that my "friend request."

Peace to you. Best regards,

Pollywog

13. Petey C

Awwwwww .... !:p

14. Petey C

I think this proves I'm not an SP, or at least I wasn't at the time, as I could never really get that tape. :biggrin:

15. apocalyptic

apocalyptic Patron with Honors

Where we come from (and remain) our Friendship with You, is a Collective-Constant (in a universe that is ever-changing).

Your experience, is Priceless. Your goodness, Undeniable. Your wisdom, Understandable. And Your writing, Inspirational.

(And that's a wrap, for us.)

Thanks Face.

Apoc

Last edited: Dec 3, 2011
  16. Jachs

Jachs Gold Meritorious Patron

Thanks for giving the heads up, now I know Fred Hare is the one to address the crap in a bag to , CWEBF cut my friendly comm lines, as intended by ELRonald Raygun, Fred was just the mess-slinger, but no excuse.

17. anonomog

anonomog Gold Meritorious Patron

Good thought, it would make for a lively, long lived thread as opposed to that other thread entitled "I sent CWEBF tapes to mildly "antago" relatives and it improved our relationship 100%" which strangely seems to have disappeared...:biggrin:

Did Hubbard have any friends? Not people wanting to be his friend, and sacrificing all for him, but the other way around?

I hear the indies mutter about broken backs and wall of fire, and I think of his wife going to prison for him...and I am again overwhelmed by the shallowness of this shell of a man. Whose greatest deeds are all figments of his twisted imagination.

18. Ted

Ted Gold Meritorious Patron

Ditto.

19. Mark A. Baker

Mark A. Baker Sponsor

We've always been friends. :coolwink:

Mark A. Baker

20. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: