ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Carla Moxon saves the world!

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Mimsey Borogrove, Jan 25, 2014.

View Users: View Users
  1. Mimsey Borogrove

Mimsey Borogrove Crusader

2. SchwimmelPuckel

SchwimmelPuckel Genuine Meatball

Hmm.. Upon watching this, I travelled back in time, to just before the Moxons saw the muthaship, and then I made the muthaship vanish so that it never existed. Just to make the Moxons look like complete idiots..

:yes:

3. Wants2Talk

Wants2Talk Silver Meritorious Patron

I remember Carla from FCDC. Thanks for saving Earth.:clap: I wouldn't want to miss Rick's destiny on the gallows of history.

4. WildKat

WildKat Gold Meritorious Patron

According to Tony's website, Carla Moxon is indeed a Kool-Aid drinker and is the wife of Kendrick Moxon, the Scientology lawyer.

Another gem to add to the growing evidence that the more time spent in Scientology, the wackier you become!

(Excerpt below from Tony's site)
    Wow, we’re grateful to our old friend Jeff Jacobsen for spotting this little gem. It’s Carla Moxon, wife of Scientology lawyer Kendrick Moxon. Both of them were members of Scientology’s original intelligence corps, the Guardian’s Office, and were both named unindicted co-conspirators in “Operation Snow White,” Scientology’s infiltration of federal offices between 1973 and 1977 which ended up in criminal convictions for eleven top church officials. Carla has apparently been hanging out with the Toastmasters in Hollywood, and last year told this amazing tale about, well, we’ll let her explain…

5. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Um, it's good that they saved the world's 7 billion humans and didn't even charge anything for it. Must be some kind of free new introductory Div VI service.

Scientology: Where mental illness is celebrated as a win called OT.

6. WildKat

WildKat Gold Meritorious Patron

OK, I have to play devil's advocate here. Prefaced with the feeling I have that she is very likely indeed nuts and it seems there is a lot of "wierdness" surrounding the Moxon family name....

What evidence do we have that this toastmaster's meeting was not an exercise along the lines of "Present a made-up story about UFO's and make it sound convincing"? Has anyone here been a member of Toastmasters before? Do they make up subjects for people to talk about, just for the practice?

7. Cat's Squirrel

Cat's Squirrel Gold Meritorious Patron

Does anyone else think she has frightened eyes? She doesn't seem to me to be someone at peace with herself. And (opening a can of worms here, but from what I noticed around St. Hill); what is it about the CofS that seems to oblige so many of its women to be bare legged? Did Ron have a problem with tights and stockings, etc.?

8. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

It takes money to replace tights every few days or however long it is that they last. Can't say I'm an expert on tights, although I had a lot of experience at stretching very limited funds while at Saint Hill.

Paul

9. ThetanExterior

ThetanExterior Gold Meritorious Patron

Sounds to me like that was just some kind of Toastmasters training. Get up and tell a story.

Obviously it didn't sound like a real event and the reaction of the audience seemed to confirm it was just an exercise in public speaking, in my humble opinion.

10. HelluvaHoax!

Let's hope so.

But, when Hubbard gave a lecture about "nearly getting run over by a train on Venus the other day" he got the same audience reaction.

Poes Law in play.

11. Cat's Squirrel

True, but that level of frugality is very odd for a lawyer's wife. Maybe she's spending every spare dime she can afford on her Bridge, donations to the CofS legal fund etc.

12. Out-Ethics

Out-Ethics Patron Meritorious

Has anybody seen Carla?

She is late for her therapy.

mental-therapy-for-crohns-and-colitis.jpg

13. HelluvaHoax!

This was a comment posted in YouTube:

Thank God it was a "Tall Tale".

Now Carla can get back to reality with saving the world by auditing out dead aliens.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
  14. TG1

TG1 Angelic Poster

That woman is fucking insane. I don't care if this was an themed exercise or something reported from her own life, she is demonstrably, visibly fruit-loops.

And I'm gonna bet that the only people in that audience laughing appreciably were other Scientologists.

FYI, this toastmasters-affiliated group, "Renaissance Speakers," is a Scientology front group. They meet on Sunday mornings at Celebrity Center in Hollywood.

http://www.youtube.com/user/renaissancespeakers?feature=watch

TG1

15. apple

apple Patron Meritorious

It was a Toastmasters exercise. Yes there can be topics brought up on the moment to practice public speaking. Yes there is fear in her eyes and that is why she is at Toastmasters, to learn to feel comfortable in speaking to a crowd. There are some of us born with the gift of feeling comfortable speaking to an audience and then there are the rest of us who are intimidated by it. I am intimidated by it and have gone to Toastmasters classes. It is a worthy way of honing ones public speaking abilities. Good for her, even if her topic was a made up yarn. I didn't realize that her group is a Scientology front group,(Renaissance Speakers) mine wasn't. So her Renaissance Speaker group probably encourages people to come in and then tries to funnel them into Scientology afterwards..

16. Veda

Veda Sponsor

In case anyone wonders what her husband does for a living.

[video=youtube;ZiMseZeV-xM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiMseZeV-xM[/video]

17. HelluvaHoax!

Yeah, she comes off as scary-crazy.

The kind of Scientologist that gets your finger prints on your stationery to frame you for a bomb threat, so you are sent to federal prison--where you can't put DevT on her plans to save mankind.

And then she goes home, feels all F/Ney and writes up her big win.

18. Cat's Squirrel

Fair enough, but she is (presumably) a Scientologist and should be able to be cause over that - or am I assuming too much here?

19. The Sloth

The Sloth Patron with Honors

Yeh, it most likely was under the "tall tale" trope. She didn't mention what they may have been drinking or smoking prior to their "vision", and it seems really incongrous that two "OT's" could save the planet from alien destruction (even though Hubbard, in his Sci Fi writings mentions how extremely difficult it is to blow up a planet in that fashion) while not being able to save their daughter.

The woo runs deep in this one.....sad.

20. JBWriter

JBWriter Happy Sapien

Re: Carla Moxon saves the world! - Scientology's Renaissance Speakers (Front Group)

Thanks, TG1. :thumbsup:

I went to the link above.
    It leads to the Renaissance Speakers' YouTube channel.
    They uploaded the video from the OP/Post#1 here of Mrs. Moxon.

So, I don't think this was @ a Toastmasters meeting; rather, it was from a Renaissance Speakers meeting.

Per the comments in this thread, the "Tall Tale" exercise is part of the Toastmasters program/course(s).

Does anyone know if...

...the Renaissance Speakers group have a series of different 'themed' exercises as part of the program/course(s)?

JB (ProTip: Don't watch more than 2 of the vids @ that YT channel in quick succession because... ick!)