What's new

Carla Moxon saves the world!

Well! I thought toast masters had to do with learning how to toast the bride and groom at a wedding. Now that you have shown me the error of my ways, I have new appreciation of how convincing she was. Somebody should send her a link to this thread - it'll give her something juicy for her next speech " How I almost pulled the wool over the eyes of the interweb SP cabal."

Mimsey

Dean Blair

Silver Meritorious Patron
Carla may have said that this was a made up story but I betcha she really believes it. I have read many similar stories in AOLA's Advance magazine reported under "OT Success Stories" and those stories were written by people who really believed what they were saying.

Carla and Kendrix Moxon are hallucinatory cause. They probably believe that Scientology is expanding rather than shrinking and that the churches stats are straight up and vertical as proclaimed by Captain David Miscavige. What she talks about did not occur in real life but she probably thinks that it did.

Reasonable

At the end the people in the audience were clapping and laughing so I thought maybe this is supposed to be a made up story but while she tells the story almost cries when she says how she saves the Earth so maybe she does believe this.

Replying to my own post. I was wrong, I see that it was in the made up "tall tale category"

Reasonable

I didn't realize that her group is a Scientology front group,(Renaissance Speakers) mine wasn't. So her Renaissance Speaker group probably encourages people to come in and then tries to funnel them into Scientology afterwards..

I have been in Toastmasters groups before and I have visited the Renaissance group about 15 times and in my opinion that was by far the best Toastmasters group I had ever seen. I just lived too far away to consider joining.

These people had the best coaching I saw in any Toastmasters group I had seen. I still really like a lot of the people I met in Scientology. Most Scientologists really want to communicate better and want to help people. Most of them have probably not disconnected from a parent or child and most don’t know the truth about the evils. Scientology does a great job of keeping them in the bubble.

Groups like Toastmasters are some of the good things I like about Scientologists (not Scientology).

I just don’t consider anything associated with Scientologists or Scientology to be a “Front Group.” For it to be a front group I would say that it has no other product except that they get people in. The statistic for Celebrity Center for toastmasters was “Bodies in the Shop.” This is a minor sub stat not the purpose of the group.

The purpose of the group was to make good public speakers, AND THEY DID THAT. Sure some would do it so that they could spread the word about Scientology, others did it to help them in their own lives or businesses or just because it was fun. From what I saw the purpose was to create better public speakers not to get people into Scientology.

In fact at the time it was a closed group. They would let you visit if you were not a Scientologist but you could not join. They just wanted to be with their own kind. I can’t blame someone for that.

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
Does anyone else think she has frightened eyes? She doesn't seem to me to be someone at peace with herself. And (opening a can of worms here, but from what I noticed around St. Hill); what is it about the CofS that seems to oblige so many of its women to be bare legged? Did Ron have a problem with tights and stockings, etc.?

She has the "weathered Scientology" look! Bat shit crazy talk from only a fully indoctrinated Clubbed Seal still trying to be right about Hubbard, Space Aliens and Hubbard's "codification":whistling:of the Science that only Hubbard "knows" and is the only one who "knows" what happened to us before this life and what happens after this life. No Science that can be proven outside of Scientology though - it does not stand on its own merits...it is all subjective reasoning!

If you spend a ton of money going up the Bridge in Scientology, donate tons of money to the "front groups" that feed the cult, have family, friends and business associates wrapped around the Scientology's tentacles of disconnection and add a dollop of this being Ken Moxon's job - attorney for the cult - and that is how they "survive" You will obtain a person like Mrs. Moxon - the VFP - valuable final product of Scientology.:omg:

:duh: No wonder I lost my desire to go Oat Tea!!

If this woman did a Toast Master's speech on this subject - she was effective at disseminating to those people in the group to stay away from Scientology. Wait until they google Scientology and find out what she really has been involved in!!

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Carla may have said that this was a made up story but I betcha she really believes it. I have read many similar stories in AOLA's Advance magazine reported under "OT Success Stories" and those stories were written by people who really believed what they were saying.

Carla and Kendrix Moxon are hallucinatory cause. They probably believe that Scientology is expanding rather than shrinking and that the churches stats are straight up and vertical as proclaimed by Captain David Miscavige. What she talks about did not occur in real life but she probably thinks that it did.

Just in case you didn't see that she answered you, I'll repost Carla's response:

Originally Posted By Carla Moxon

Dear Dean,

I have total certainty that it happened because I closed my eyes and saw mental image pictures of it.

ML,

Carla

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
I hope that Ken Moxon and Carla did not accidentally go aboard the Nation of Islam mothership.

Boojuum

I know Carla from the old days and she is the salt of the earth and IMHO it's a bit tasteless to ridicule someone who is simply trying to get better at public speaking.

Ken Moxon is a different story altogether. I think the Scienos have the right to practice their bit as long as it doesn't involve deceptive recruiting, abuse, and money leeching and all the other horrible crap they do. Carla is the wrong target. She can believe whatever she wants.

Then again, ESMB isn't exactly "nice" to Scientologists and being tasteless is something that we're pretty good at. I get it but think she's not an appropriate target. Ken, yes, Tommy, yes, LRH, yes. Miscavage, absolutely.

I guess my heart goes out to someone trying to improve herself who discovers her amateur attempts are viral on youtube.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation

Her story (and I admit I could only listen to the first few minutes) sounds exactly like one of the crazier 'OT success' stories I used to read occasionally when still in (while biting the inside of my mouth trying not to laugh out loud) and I have no doubt she believed and meant every word and/or was quite happy to 'allow' the audience to buy it ... she's keeping scientology working ... and making a right dick of herself in the process.

:hysterical:

PS It's nice to laugh without ripping the inside of my mouth apart ...

aegerprimo

Summa Cum Laude
Hmm.. Upon watching this, I travelled back in time, to just before the Moxons saw the muthaship, and then I made the muthaship vanish so that it never existed. Just to make the Moxons look like complete idiots..

:yes:
So glad you did not go back in time and make this video disappear, because it is SO WORTH a few laughs!

On a more serious note... When Carla was in the GO, how come she could not use some of those OT powers to break into places and steal documents, but instead had to use WOG burglary techniques? And I would also like to know why her and hubs could not use those fantastic OT powers to save their daughter? :confused2:

JustSheila

Crusader
I know Carla from the old days and she is the salt of the earth and IMHO it's a bit tasteless to ridicule someone who is simply trying to get better at public speaking.

Ken Moxon is a different story altogether. I think the Scienos have the right to practice their bit as long as it doesn't involve deceptive recruiting, abuse, and money leeching and all the other horrible crap they do. Carla is the wrong target. She can believe whatever she wants.

Then again, ESMB isn't exactly "nice" to Scientologists and being tasteless is something that we're pretty good at. I get it but think she's not an appropriate target. Ken, yes, Tommy, yes, LRH, yes. Miscavage, absolutely.

I guess my heart goes out to someone trying to improve herself who discovers her amateur attempts are viral on youtube.

Boojuum, you brought up a good point.

To some degree, I agree with you, and I'm glad to see you have the integrity to speak up in defense for someone you personally know and like.

Getting ridiculed on YouTube is always going to be harsh. Exes get ridiculed by scns on YouTube as well - and we aren't bad people.

It's not about deserving. It's about being a public figure. If you stick your head out, not everyone is going to applaud. Some are going to throw tomatoes. One of the harsher lessons I learned was to learn to take the insults along with the compliments.

(edited since clarification by Mimsey and DB below)

From Otega's site:

"...It’s Carla Moxon, wife of Scientology lawyer Kendrick Moxon. Both of them were members of Scientology’s original intelligence corps, the Guardian’s Office, and were both named unindicted co-conspirators in “Operation Snow White,” Scientology’s infiltration of federal offices between 1973 and 1977 which ended up in criminal convictions for eleven top church officials...."

IMO people with the kind of history she has do not join toastmasters if it is not going to be used to forward scientology. Another speaker at the same meeting she was at mentioned the time that he joined scientology, so I think it was a scientologists' toastmasters meeting. The person who introduced him explained that his speech was an exercise in persuading people to believe in a noble idea/cause. Right up OSA'a alley. I remember back in the late 70's early 80's some scientologists being interested in toastmasters - mostly GO staff. Great place to connect with current and future opinion leaders at different levels too.

Well, this came from Tony's site - I did OP post it here because I was WTF??? But as it turned out, other posters more familiar with Toastmasters set us straight, it was a speaking exercise, and she was convincing in her delivery of the made up story, as some of the earlier posts indicated. My wife pointed out that her daughter suicided by "saving a squirrel" that got into a high voltage electrical vault up at INT so I feel for the woman - that should never happen to anyone's child. I was also not aware either she and Ken have parted company.

I agree, she is not our usual fodder, and should be spared, and I guess some of the fault is mine for reposting it here, as is Tony and Johnny for their original posting as well. This thread will loose momentum soon and we will find something else to dissect. What is done is done, and I apologize for any hurt to her on my behalf.

Mimsey