ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Class VII

Discussion in 'Scientology Technology' started by Pascal, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Veda

Veda Sponsor

In 1978, Hubbard became concerned about the "reputation of Dianetics." Mayo discussed this in an article that appeared in the 'Free Spirit' magazine.

There is also an HCOB to this effect.

Also, around 1978, Hubbard was shown the page proofs of the first version of the book, 'What is Scientology?', and the graph illustrating numbers of (Scientology) clears was slowing and almost flattening out.

Hubbard wanted higher "numbers" of "Clears." He asked the question: "Where are the Clears?" And he answered, "They're right there!" And presto! In the minds of many Scientologists, "the Clears were right there!" (At the time, watching this at a distance as a "public person," who was "off lines," but still had contact with Scientology Orgs, I was impressed, more than ever, with the suggestible nature of the average Scientologist. It also began to slowly dawn on me that the counseling "tech" was not the most important thing to Hubbard.)

Another factor - and perhaps the main one - was Hubbard's concern that Missions were "holding onto PCs," and keeping money in their own bank accounts that should have been flowing "up lines."

The "discovery" that so many people were "Dianetic Clear" and needed to exit Missions immediately, and report up lines to Flag was a big money maker.

And at the time, more than ever, Hubbard was concerned with getting the money out of public, and out of Missions, and under his control.

The earliest attacks on the Missions began around 1978/79 with Bent Corydon's Riverside (CA.) Mission, and Ray Kemp's Orange County Mission. Hubbard was secretly living in the area at the time, and - supposedly - was being driven around to "look at his properties." And he wanted the buildings and their bank accounts.

Mixed up in all this was the trial of Mary Sue, and other possible legal problems, and Hubbard's anger at the Missions, and public Scientologists generally, who he thought of as living the good life, while he, the Founder of Scientology, was in hiding and living in daily fear of being subpoenaed.

So Clear was redefined, Dianetic Clear became the fad that excited Scientologists, and flowed the cash "up lines," and that, combined with the newly released "NOTs" were big money makers for Flag/Hubbard.

But it wasn't just money, it was power, Hubbard wanted what he felt was his.

So the Standard Dianetics Course HCOBs were chopped to pieces, and re-done, so that they'd fit in with the "New Era Dainetics" course, and some old time "tech" people were (quietly) besides themselves with frustration, but the rank and file, suggestible as ever, were unquestionably excited about "being Dianetic Clear," and moving up quickly to the OT levels, etc.

Hubbard had his priorities. And those who think that the "counseling tech," in its best sense, was Hubbard's priority, are extremely naive.

As for "natural clear," it doesn't make much sense in the Hubbard scheme of things, and "Dianetic Clear" only makes slightly more sense, which isn't much.

Hubbard wrote, around 1979, "A keyed-out clear is clear." Really? Since when? Well, since Hubbard decided it was to be so, and the faithful flock "happily" agreed.

And they're still agreeing.

IMO, clearing can occur (as an action), and people can be "clear" in specific areas, but "Dianetic Clear" was mainly a marketing device.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2007
  2. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

But Bea, its hard to imagine more proof than you gave and still you are OT5 and not clear?

I have heard a few stories of past life validation but without any data I'm privy to.

This is really quite a significant point. You have shown that the COS has no
    ability to detect clears really. Other than the statement of the clear cog. I'd
    be interested in hearing what lattitude exists there.

Its an interesting contrast to the FZ. Many in the FZ have considered themselves clear and been invalidated when in COS. Usually in the FZ their clear state has been acked and they progress. Its not done with the " rigour" of COS, but is done by very experienced tech terminals. I only know of two people where it was wrongly indicated. Thats in 7 years. I have very good comm lines in the FZ.

You mention 50% are now declared not clear in COS. Not suprising if they include you! So the COS acknowledge they havn't a clue!

3. Tanstaafl

Tanstaafl Crusader

Why?

Do you know how old this universe is?

Do you know how many entry points there are/have been?

4. Tanstaafl

Tanstaafl Crusader

Don't agree with that Terril. I've run scores of hours of pre-natals on a pc and have seen how powerful their effects can be. I doubt that many Clears are not the effect of GE engrams, but am not certain on this point.

Cheers

tanstaafl

5. Pascal

Pascal Silver Meritorious Patron

I'm referring to the cosmology in SCN in respect to the beings found in PT on this planet. Incident one of OTIII talks about MEST formation. The PDC's go into more details if my memory serves. Beings were tricked into MEST and then started to amass GPMs. To think of a being willfully coming into the MEST universe and then to this piece of crap planet is beyond me.

6. Tanstaafl

Tanstaafl Crusader

My point is that this information is hazy. It's not an auditing datum that one can take into a session and test for oneself. Also, the data comes from a relatively tiny sample of preclears. I think thetans were pretty well screwed up before they came into this universe.

7. Pascal

Depending on your awareness level you should be able to run "entering mest". According to LRH beings were in their "home universe" before being tricked into coming here.

8. Tanstaafl

Tanstaafl Crusader

There's a lot of "shoulds" in Scn. Don't get me wrong - I love most of the stuff, but I'm trying to get away from "according to Ron" at the moment, and consolidate my own reality.

9. Pascal

Good luck!

10. Lulu Belle

Lulu Belle Moonbat

You know, you read these posts on different boards and newsgroups responding to about "how many Clears there are"...

I've tried to explain this many times; but people just don't get it who "weren't there".

No one knows how many Clears there are.

NO ONE KNOWS HOW MANY CLEARS THERE ARE.

Scientology management has no clue as to how many Clears there are. None.

11. Tanstaafl

Tanstaafl Crusader

Thanks for that LB - it just rounded off nicely some thoughts I was going over. You're absolutely right.

12. Veda

Veda Sponsor

Is that because no one knows what a Clear is?

Last time I looked, a Clear, in Scientology, was someone who "no longer has his own 'mental image picture case'."

Note: By this definition, a "Clear" can have his own out of control contra-survival postulates (and thus need the "False Purpose Rundown.")

What exactly is to prevent an out of control postulate from giving him a "mental image picture case"? - well, it's just silly.

13. Pascal

A Clear can mock up and unmock a bank at will. Of course to remain Clear you would need to be hatted as a class VI or VIII

14. Lulu Belle

Lulu Belle Moonbat

I believe this.

I remember, when I got out of COS, I was talking to an ex who had been staff at ASI. This person had read some of the LRH traffic that went between him and (I guess) DM.

I don't remember the specifics of what I was told that he said. But I very much remember the thing that "Hubbard wanted what he felt was his". He was demanding all this money from the orgs because "the orgs were ripping him off".

15. Lulu Belle

Lulu Belle Moonbat

Let me see what I can recall about this.

I think that the idea when NOTs first came out was that auditors were supposed to be Class VIII to become Class IXs. I wasn't around when NOTs first got released, so I don't know for sure. But that's what I remember hearing.

But I believe that, when they had that evolution to send all those people to Flag in the early 80s to become NOTs auditors, this was changed so that you just had to be Grad V.

In the early 90s (I'm pretty sure that's when it was) the existing NOTs auditors were told they had to be Class VIII to audit NOTs. They were given a certain period of time, I believe, to complete the BC and the VIII Course.

However, then the GAT came out and another batch of people were sent to Flag to train on the new GAT NOTs course.

I'm sure that's when it was changed back so that a NOTs auditor just had to be Grad V again.

A lot of it may just have to do with time. If someone on the NOTs TTC has to do the BC, the BC internship, the VIII Course and the VIII internship, that adds - what - 2 years to their training?

(And a lot of these people who were sent to Flag to be NOTs auditors had no training at all when they got there.)

That's 2 years where they could be making COS $9,000 an intensive or whatever it is these days.

16. Ralph Hilton

Ralph Hilton Patron Meritorious

That was an early definition. Later on it was old OT 4 where one practiced creating and uncreating a bank. The state of Clear is very unstable and the old OT4 helped to stabilize it. But the CofS doesn't deliver it anymore. I agree about needing the training too.

17. haiqu

haiqu Patron Meritorious

There are other ways. Just mock up and unmock each item of the clearing course until you're at cause over it for all time, and until it would seem silly to ever create a reactive mind again.

Edit: Oops, looks like Ralph pipped me on that one!

haiqu

18. Veda

Veda Sponsor

For a resilient person, that can be an interesting exercise in doing mock ups, or "creative processing"; for a vulnerable person, it can further solder him or her into the trap of having been told the contents of his or her own mind.

19. haiqu

haiqu Patron Meritorious

Hi Darth (hope you don't mind me using your first name),

If the stuff exists, this will ensure you are at cause over it. If it doesn't exist, no harm can come to you apart from having wasted a few hours. If anyone is so suggestible that this could cause them to believe they have been told the contents of their reactive mind, they are too hypnotised to be really Clear in the first place, and should be doing objectives and the drug rundown.

haiqu

20. Bea Kiddo

Bea Kiddo Crusader

amen.