ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Colm & Janet (Light) McLaughlin freed from DM's chains..

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Smurf, Aug 11, 2012.

View Users: View Users
  1. Smurf

Smurf Gold Meritorious SP

Karen de la Carriere posted on OCMB her campaign to free Colm McLaughlin from imprisonment on the Freewinds & his wife, Janet (Light) McLaughlin, former COS President, from the SP Hole. John Duignan, in Ireland, addressed the matter to Irish authorities.

They have been freed from their chains.

[​IMG]
    Colm McLaughlin

[​IMG]
    Janet (Light) McLaughlin

Her son, Carl is out of the Sea Org. He & his wife, Sara, are expecting their first child this week.

[​IMG]

Valerie & Danny Light (both in the Sea Org) in happier times before they were forced to divorce.

[​IMG]

http://carolineletkeman.org/sp/index2.php?option=com_content&do_pdf=1&id=1480

http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=41348&p=494318#p494318

2. Smurf

3. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

Great news, thanks. :happydance:

4. Smurf

5. Smurf

Janet & Colm are grandparents..

Congratulations to Carl and Sara. Finn Kekoa Graham Light was born at noon today, 4 August. 8 lbs 11 ounces. He is a beautiful healthy baby and we are very proud of then and soooo happy to be grandparents!!!!!!!

6. koki

koki Silver Meritorious Patron

Just don't know should I feel angry or sorry for that OSA Tim guy!!??
    Great news!
    Keep on people,this is last year for CULT!

7. sallydannce

sallydannce Gold Meritorious Patron

Nice! Congratulations to the new mum and dad!

8. Royal Prince Xenu

Royal Prince Xenu Trust the Psi Corps.

Great story.

I think Karen has always had the right heart.

I'm not sure that she truly realizes how much power she has.

When it comes to driving the final nail into the Coffin of Scientology, I hope I can be there to hand her the hammer.

9. OperatingSP

OperatingSP Patron with Honors

From Marty's blog.
    http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2012/08/11/proof-of-life-the-mclaughlins/

10. BunnySkull

BunnySkull Silver Meritorious Patron

Any idea if they are still clinging to Scientology beliefs or maintain any official standing with the cult? The fact they are joining meet-up clubs makes me hope the old cult social circles are gone and they are trying to establish new circles.

Martys post makes me think he isn't too pleased with them, which means they haven't jumped on his indie bandwagon. That post of his has the air of a pressure tactic - "cleansing their consciences" my ass. Marty means pay homage to me and follow my party line. He never pressures others to make amends for shit they did in the cult to others, even suggesting gets OSA cat calls. Marty only says such things if they aren't in his fan club or have truly broken with the dreck.

11. Smurf

It's my understanding that they are still under DM's thumb, so Janet won't be disconnected from her sons.

12. Smilla

Smilla Ordinary Human

Marty said:

"It remains to be seen whether the Mclaughlins step up and do something to cleanse their consciences and somehow serve the process of freeing others similarly situated."

That's Marty at his most impertinent and hypocritical.

13. johnAnchovie

johnAnchovie Still raging

I cannot claim any part of this at all, I sent a few emails around but I am pretty sure that both were out before I became aware that they were incarcerated. However, the Irish Foreign Office is proactive and I will gladly advocate for any more of my country men that end up imprisoned in that cult.

14. johnAnchovie

johnAnchovie Still raging

Oh, so Marty will run them on amends project of his very own device? A Marty Rehab project Force?

Where does that big galoot get off pray tell?

15. Smurf

Sorry. My mistake, John. I misread Karen's comment on OCMB .. "I made a noise about Colm in multiple places on the web and good folk like poster on this board johnAnchovie were about to take it up with Irish authorities."

http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=41348&start=465

I posted you had been in touch with Irish authorities.

16. Mick Wenlock

Mick Wenlock Admin Emeritus (retired)

let me preface this by declaring an interest. I have absolutely no liking for Janet Light (McLaughlin) - at all. So if some of my animus leaks through - please be aware of it.

Miscavige - despite Mike Rinders fatuous comments - had no need to "hi-jack" the IAS - it was ALWAYS his pet project as Rinder should remember well enough. Backl when the IAS/IMU was set up and Janet Light was put in charge of it - her best friend was - Vicki Aznaran - and Janet used to phone Vicki every night and then phone Yager and Miscavige. As Mike was Vicki's communicator in those giddy days he knows all about that. Miscavige ran the IMU directly and there was no doubt about that. Yager was his proxy for quite a while and Janet was well pleased with her connection to DM.

The IMU was being hammered to raise money from the get go - and when the Ship project started with Rick Alexander and wotsername it kicked into high gear.

Listening to the pair of them in that clip made me wonder what the hell these two twits were doing in the 80's and early nineties because it sure sounds like they did not have much clue.

I feel for Colm - very much, never met the man and I hope he is OK.

Getting married to a bloodsucking leech was maybe not his best move.

17. Gib

Gib Crusader

I believe Marty is asking them to come out and tell more and in doing so will help others to come out and start thinking normally.

18. NoName

NoName A Girl Has No Name

Just like he's done? He could start by word clearing "immunity".

19. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

If you mean driving a nail into the coffin of CO$ I'm afraid you'll
    need to stand in line for the priviledge of handing her that hammer. :)

20. palehorse

palehorse Patron

He does sound critical; however, Marty also changed his tone to a gentler demeaner when another poster to his blog took the same tone. Marty did not fail to jump to the McLaughlins' defense by reminding readers that both Janet and Colm expressed disagreement and were thus subjected to physical/mental "reform" for a 5-year period.

Geez, I know there are a great deal of Marty Haters here, but the man has made tremendous, global in-roads toward taking down the Miniscule Midget. Agree or disagree with the Indies for holding the subject of scientology dear to heart, but do not fail to recognize our commonalities and the strength of the Indie movement.

Agreed, Marty can be annoyingly and painfully confrontational to those who voice their disagreements with him. However, it is this trait that helped him see the Cult for what it is, and to provide an example, a path, and a safe haven for many others to leave. And, unlike the retentive, retarded runt, Marty openly publishes critical comments and responses on his blog.

One thing I have observed in Marty is a pattern of reflecting upon his own hard-nosed stances, then coming to a compassionate conclusion. Remember when asked whether he felt bad about his role in bringing Annie back to Int when she blew to reunite with her husband, Jim? Marty's first response was "No" - that she had made her own decision, that she could have continued on to her connecting flight to be with her husband. However, upon later reflection he said he actually did feel bad that he had participated in that suppressive process. It is hard for anyone to admit wrongdoing, especially on a public platform, but Marty has done so. And he has been strong enough to have publicly done so even after publicly denying responsibility.

So, he was inconsistent. Well, damn good for him for being inconsistent in this manner!

Marty has not perfected the art of "living right", whatever that may be. Have you? (I haven't.) If you have, have you also influenced and provided a path for denizens of other Kool-Aid Drinkers to leave the Co$? Have you provided them shelter, sustenance and provisions with which to move on to a new life of their own choosing?

OK, flame away...