ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

CrowdSourced Sec-Checking

Discussion in 'Office of Special Affairs' started by Alanzo, Apr 4, 2011.

View Users: View Users
  1. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

Crowd-sourcing is defined on wikipedia as:

It occurs to me that there are many individuals who have been involved in Scientology who know very specific things from the positions they were in. Each from their individual viewpoints, they have witnessed things which need to be brought to light so that we can all have the information necessary to make informed decisions about our involvement, or non-involvement, in Scientology.

Some people have said that we need to present Marty Rathbun and Mike Rinder with a prepared list of items about the dirty tricks performed by Scientology under their direction so that they can comment on them as they see fit.

I don't think that this is the most effective approach.

I think that capitalizing upon each individual's unique area of expertise and specific viewpoints, we can send many people out into the world and over to Marty's blog to ask the questions of Marty and Mike that really need to be answered.

There was a thread started a few years ago, when it was first revealed that Mike Rinder was out of the Church called "Questions To Ask Mike Rinder", where many people came into the thread and offered the questions they thought would be most important for Mike Rinder to answer.

Well, let's crowd-source that thread. And any other item you wish to add.

Read it over, and find a question that you feel is imprtant to answer, or which you have a unique position from which to ask it of Mike and Marty.

Then start asking - and keep asking until you get your answer.

Then report back what you have found.

This is called Crowd-Sourced Sec-Checking.

And I believe its time has come.

2. Infinite

Infinite Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller

When and where did Lisa die?

Just when and where did Lisa Macpherson die?

May 9, 1997, Thomas C. Tobin, St. Petersburg Times

3. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

Here's my latest post to Mike Rinder over at Marty's blog:

He's moderating the comments.

Mike Rinder and Marty Rathbun are both available to be asked the important questions about Scientology.

And their answers can be made available to anyone to inspect for themselves.

Even if they blow the questions off, or ridicule the questioner - that will be seen by all who are looking and reading. And pretty soon, people will see that they are not coming clean, and that they are distracting, avoiding,and lying.

I heartily recommend the crowd-sourced sec checking of Marty Rathbun and Mike Rinder.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2011
  4. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

You want others to join you in asking Marty and Mike, "What are your crimes?"
    This Crowd-sourced Sec Check sounds kinda like one of those much-despised Squirrelly Squirrel Gangbang Sec Checks.
    It sounds very scientological. What's next?

5. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

I thought you might be somebody who would be against people asking important questions of Mike Rinder, Panda.

Instead of letting him go on and on - getting no "TA" - nattering about the frikking Birthday Game for Christ's sake, you want to stop finding out about what happened to Joan Wood, the Pinellas county medical examiner who changed her story, and got the Church out of criminal charges in the Lisa McPherson case, and then disappeared, right? You don't want people to find out exactly what they did to her, do you?

You want Mike to keep going on about "Dear Leader's" copper wire 'grounding technology' and NOT about what illegal OSA black ops were run on critics in order to destroy them.

Have you read what Robert Vaughn Young wrote, and compared that to what Mike Rinder is writing?

Why do you think there is such a difference?

If Mike Rinder was in the job so long, he could set the record straight on Scientology so that everyone had access to the information necessary to make fully informed decisions about their involvement in it.

And if that happened, OMG! Right, Panda?

6. AnonyMary

AnonyMary Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

Did it ever occur to you that you might be your worst enemy?

You actually expect Rinder to answer this? If you were him, who you anser it? Of course not. It's so attacking and so general, it's going to be ignored, as you will be.

I figured out why is it that you come up with these grand ideas and expect others to do the work . Because you don't know what you are doing.

7. Panda Termint

LOL, you don't understand me very well, Al. I have no objection to people asking important questions of Marty and Mike, I just find it ridiculous that you suggest that others should join in and help you with *sec-checking* anyone. I thought you were over that scientology crap.
    As to the rest of your assertions (and insinuations) about me in the above post, you're blowing as much smoke as Marty and Mike, mate.

8. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

That is an unfortunate and needlessly obstructive opinion, Mary.

You don't think they have already rejected me and done whatever they can to try to shut me up?

You can stay tuned for more down-home fishing videos and critiques of "rolling thunder" tech in DM's speeches, then.

I'm not going to stand for it any more.

Have fun playing their game.

9. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

All right.

AnonyMary and Panda have weighed in and are against people asking questions on topics that actually matter regarding the criminal activity in the Church of Scientology.

Good for them.

Should we continue to let Marty and Mike ramble on about null items such as the latest auditing success story from the Shack?

I've watched Marty and Mike for 2 years play their "PR Area Control" bullshit.

I'm done.

Even if no one here agrees with me. I'm going to continue.

I've put this thread here for people to consider for themselves. The thing about crowd-sourcing is that it is completely independent and totally up to you.

So there ya go.

How many people here agree with Panda and AnonyMary?

10. Panda Termint

Re: the above bolded text; what complete and utter Bullshit! Too much straw, Al, you're losing it.

11. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

I'm looking over your posts here Panda, and I can't actually find a point.

You say that you are not against people asking questions about criminal activity in the Church from Marty and Mike. And yet you seem to be against people asking questions about this at the same time.

Is it because I used the term "sec-checking"?

Is that your only actual protest?

12. Panda Termint

Look again. You'll see it.

13. anondelmundial

anondelmundial Patron with Honors

I am not any way connected to Scientology.

I support Alonzo's suggestion to bombard Marty's blog with questions about why he has not come clean on his OSA activities. Marty will, of course, delete the posts, but he will come to understand that the outside world strongly suspects that he has criminal activity in his background. He will understand that he can hide, but he cannot run (sic).

Why would anyone call this a "sec check"? I call it a search for the truth about the crimes of Scientology and of its top management. Both Marty and Mike are "suspected" of crimes as defined in public criminal law. Neither should be granted any kindness or sympathy, until everyone knows that they have asked for forgiveness of their sins against humanity.

14. AnonyMary

Stop putting words in my mouth and misinterpreting what I have written.

You try to bulldoze the truth out of someone who is inherently unable to be truthful because of his 'integrity' to CoS.

You think others can bulldoze the issues for you doing it the way you want, yet you are not getting results!

Here is what I wrote you back on the Scarrf thread. You have totally miscontrued what I suggested here, as well:

http://forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=22710&page=3

15. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

Yes, I could be the most ineffective critic in Scientology history.

But I'm still not stopping.

Maybe you can be a guest star in their next fishing video. Maybe they'll let you talk about a squirrel routing form you were once put on at Flag.

Darn that DM!!

He's such a squirrel!!! :shakefist:

16. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

Time to disagree with the game that Marty and Mike are playing.

17. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

Go for it, Mary!

Crowd-sourcing is all about tapping into the unique talents and individual experience of each person in the crowd.

Marty and Mike need to come clean.

No more of this "Look! The newest independent!" crap.

18. AnonyMary

You have been doing that all along. I myself have, as others have - just differently so as to keep a dialogue open.

Give us a link to your comment if it ever gets posted, along with links to any replies it gets. Let's see how effective your approach is.

19. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

It's been deleted - without a trace.

But in order to delete it, Mike had to read it, didn't he? He had to make the conscious decision to NOT answer it.

If it was never asked, he would have never had to think about it. And as along as no one asks, no one needs to answer, right?

You do your much more effective approach, Mary.

I wish you all the luck in the world. And I mean that.

In the mean time, I am going to continue to remind Mike and Marty that there exists a growing contingent of people who are NOT going to "go into ARC" with their PRO Area Control plans to keep the truth about Scientology hidden from their potential Div 6 prospects at the Shack.

20. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

Exactly.

And as long as everyone plays along with him, because he's such an upstat, he never has to take REAL action to do anything besides acquire more hits on his blog and new recruits for The Shack.