ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Debbie Cook -- Exiled by Scientology - moving to the Caribbean

Discussion in 'Debbie Cook' started by Free to shine, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Smurf

Smurf Gold Meritorious SP

Judges, for the most case, simply sign off on civil settlements, unless they are one involving millions of dollars, and the parties are corporations.

http://www.courts.state.ny.us/courts/nyc/civil/stipulationsandsettlements.shtml

2. NoName

NoName A Girl Has No Name

This was a high profile media circus with some extremely serious allegations so I wonder if it would fall into the **unless** category.

I for my part have managed to successfully avoid civil litigation and Texas, so I wouldn't be able to even guess the line between theory and practice in that court. Still, I don't think that a one-sided settlement would've been submitted for signature with judicial intervention as even a theoretical possibility. Would the Co$ be stupid enough to risk judicial micromanagement of a deal?

3. Lone Star

Lone Star Crusader

4. Smurf

Smurf Gold Meritorious SP

Settlements aren't submitted to judges for signature. A civil case won't settle unless it is the amicable decision of both parties to do so, and after both parties have been instructed by their attorney(s) the pros & cons of settling a case versus going to trial.

Judges assigned to the civil case are only concerned that both parties have signed on the dotted lines, and have been properly instructed by their attorney(s) what a civil settlement entails under the law. Once the attorneys have affirmed this, the judge signs off on the case & closes it.

5. NoName

NoName A Girl Has No Name

Works a bit differently where I am, Smurf, but I guess it's the exception. But the only cases I've heard of being kicked back to the parties were divorces where the property settlement was really skewed and unfair.

6. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

Idle thoughts.
    Bought a business there?
    Some fat cult cat has a business there and offered them management job?
    Has planned a 1 year retreat and NOT permanent exile?

7. Lulu Belle

Lulu Belle Moonbat

uhm...no.

I know it's hard for a lot of people to accept but she signed her life away, then allowed herself to be sent away.

She ran out of ammunition, and there was no back up.

That's just what happened.

Kind of threw herself on her sword.

8. still here

still here Patron with Honors

And no bad thing.

I don't know why we care.....Let's not!

Debbie was a believer, she stayed there all those years, all those lies, all that evil - and yes she must have seen many instances of it!
    In my opinion she was stupid...if she ever thought she would get away with her ploy for good!!!

Amazingly she still believes, she has lost contacts, friends and family, and status and position (if she ever really believed she had it).

So, as far as I can see, she is not in Scn anymore...she is now where she really never wanted to be, isolated, sick, exiled, and guilty. Whether this was as a result of her actions or CofS....or both.

Money, and location do not solve our inner problems..I don't have to deal with her unhappiness, or her massive crimes, or guilt, or more importantly her conscience.

God I'm Lucky - and so are all of you!!

9. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

It would be a lot easier to accept if there was dox. Being sent away definitely seems most likely, but conditions surrounding that are all speculation. Her financial situation is all speculation. She has to have some income wherever she is going so I am only speculating beyond "Debbies big payout" - which is just more speculation.

You seem to be saying she's just being put on the plane by Dave and will arrive there with a suitcase. She must have had to think about where her food and accomodation money is coming from.

10. LA SCN

LA SCN NOT drinking the kool-aid

Oh yeah :eyeroll:

And she would need some good reading material like the LRH classic 'All About Radiation'

:hysterical:

11. LA SCN

LA SCN NOT drinking the kool-aid

I thought about that when this news first broke - that's what LRH would have done, send her to exile in the classic location of Napoleans' retirement. But it got complicated because the Dwarf, well, he was Napolean and...he altered LRH tech yet again!

:duh:

12. koki

koki Silver Meritorious Patron

my thoughts...
    Debbie didn't get many dollars, she is true believer in LRH and Sci.
    they just follow DMs orders to go there and just live simple life with money just enough for just simple life.../notice how many JUST/
    and just stay shut up,and just practice Sc in just one room...:coolwink:
    and just stay there....
    :eyeroll:

13. Lulu Belle

Lulu Belle Moonbat

You are assuming she had some kind of choice in the matter. She already signed her rights away. She couldn't talk to anyone about anything, according to that draconian "agreement" (how that could be called an agreement is beyond me) that she made with COS. She was sick and broke and was cut off from friends and family. Her business was gone. What exactly is it that you think she had to fight back with?

http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?p=251425

Darius was declared and offloaded from Gold. His wife was made to divorce him and he was never to see his mom or dad again. Sandy was in great disagreement with this and protested. A few months later, Sandy got MS and was sent down to PAC. If she is still around, that is where she is, PAC. She is misreable that she has lost all relatives and loved ones and she herself now has a terminal illness. Greg is still in CMO INT and married to Sue Gentry. Darius was sent to some middle of nowhere U.S. town and given $500 to start a new life. He struggled out there for awhile and eventually petitioned to be able to be undeclared and get back into the S.O. Here is where the story gets brutal. Darius is allowed to come back into the S.O., but in LATAM/Mexico. Darius speaks no spanish and why they picked this location is most bizarre. Darius packs up his stuff and takes a bus to Mexico. Not too long after he arrives in Mexico, the car he is riding in is struck by a another car in a high speed street race and Darius is thrown from the vehicle and killed in the accident!!!!! But, as fate would have it, after 12 minutes in the afterlife, he is revived, lives and gets to spend the next year laying around recoving from a broken back, neck, ribs, limbs and various cuts an bruises. He is still in constant pain to this day and the best part is that he is selling off his belongings to raise money for his hospital bills as the Church is NOT paying for these!!!

Casavius is a completely different story. When his parents blew the base, DM was determined to keep Casavius from them. There is only one real way to make someone disappear well enough that even his parents cannot locate him. The Church is real good at this too. Years of experience have perfected the method. Hasn't anyone ever noticed how some people just never are heard from agian? They changed Casavius's name to David Prybilski and he was adopted by Dan Prybilski who worked at the Ranch. After his name was changed to David, and he had a new passport and identificaton, they sent him to Denmark and he works in the CLO there as a construction/maintenace guy. I bet you that is why his parents never found him. Even his wife's name was changed! He was married to a little red head name Irene that used to work in TU at Gold. Irene Smid was her name. I think they are divorced now anyway.

Dan Prybilski was made the Berthing buiilding I/C at Gold and later blew as well and is now in PAC somewhere.

The lengths people will go to make sure other people suffer.

Until next time...

BFG

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.

14. Lulu Belle

Lulu Belle Moonbat

The reality is, most of the financial and moral support that allowed Debbie to stand up to Scientology in court came, directly or indirectly, from Marty and his Indie group. Once Debbie signed the papers shutting her up forever, she ceased to be Marty's Poster Child and he dropped her like a hot potato.

I'm sure her lawyer did sympathize with her but he did work for money. Once the case was over and Debbie was dropped, there was no more money. There are people who seem to think that he's some kind of guardian angel who is going to protect her from COS forever. The reality is he couldn't even protect her in the end from signing her rights away. He's an attorney, not a personal army.

Those who don't think the sharks could have moved in on her at that point and totally finished up the job of destroying her life really underestimate how vindictive Miscavige is. And considering Debbie and Wayne's situation at that point, it probably wasn't that hard.

Wayne still may not know where his son is. One of many things that could very well have been held over their heads.

15. Freeminds

Freeminds Bitter defrocked apostate

A number of good points in your post, Lulu Belle.

I think that it doesn't particularly matter if Debbie remains silent until the day she dies. There are hundreds of people speculating about her circumstances, right now... and discussing the circumstances surrounding her 'exile'.

This is hardly an environment in which Scientology can patch up its tattered cloak of 'religious' respectability.

Statements like yours, quoted above, further contribute towards ending Scientology and its abuses. So the got at Debbie Cook and shut her up or paid her off? So what...? If there appears to have been a payoff it just encourages the next whistle-blower to come forward and get her payoff as well. Meanwhile, the speculation-fest continues. More material for journalists to comment upon. More hits for the search engines. More people thinking about what ultimately happens to you when Scientology chews you up and spits you out.

For the Corporate Scientology Cult, nothing good can come of this. So let's all continue to pick the case apart, and share and enjoy. Debbie Cook herself must be lurking on here; she wouldn't be human if she wasn't burning to know what's being said about her. Of course, she can't post here, or not yet and in any case she's probably still afflicted with Hubbardism to some degree... but I don't think we've heard the last from her.

She also has the posthumous nuke option. Never forget that. Tick tock, Little David Miscavige. Tick tock.

16. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Especially as he is being totally on-source about it:
    "If possible, of course, ruin him utterly."
    Paul

17. Lulu Belle

Lulu Belle Moonbat

Yup. There is that.

18. Hatshepsut

Hatshepsut Crusader

My ex moved to the island of St. John a couple of years ago. He has to pay 50 bucks every time he uses the doggone ferry to get to St. Thomas. This is the murder capital of the world. I think he stays on St John for the free clinic. He has his problems. He is a contractor with a big Christian roofing company. I suppose he has to renew his work visa every so often like anyone would. He makes really good money he says and had a house on the beach. He likes his local bars and says the residents are really nice to him. He has to import his water. importing water when it's all around you....WOW. It's EXPENSIVE. So I guess you can shower and wash clothes in non-drinking water.

Personally I never figured he was a beach person....but he likes his RUM. If you order the house shit it's dirt cheap but if you want a call brand ....hold onto your $ocks!!!

I don't get the impression he's in heaven. His boss lives in St Bart so it is a 'safe' place to get away when working on nicer homes. Personally...I think he's hiding out from a bench warrant like so many of the others. Pirates! All of em!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 23, 2012
  19. Lulu Belle

Lulu Belle Moonbat

Now what are people like Wayne and Debbie going to do to survive economically in a place like this?

20. Hatshepsut

Hatshepsut Crusader

Crikey! French Rum! Taint natural I tell ya. :confused2:

[​IMG]

Top shelf/ Guadaloupe Happy Hour

[​IMG][​IMG]