ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Debbie Cook is back on the internet.

Discussion in 'Debbie Cook' started by Knows, Jun 25, 2014.

1. CommunicatorIC

CommunicatorIC @IndieScieNews on Twitter

http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=303485

2. BunnySkull

BunnySkull Silver Meritorious Patron

Woah, at first I read that as "gave" in the molestation sense, but after reading I think it's just in the servitude sense and working them terrible hours. Like LRH had his children messengers holding his ashtrays and stupid child servant shit. DM prolly thought he deserved just what LR) had, fucking child slaves to take care of his every whim and order.

3. ILove2Lurk

ILove2Lurk Lisbeth Salander

Your entire posting is very well written and totally accurate. Real good!! :yes:

I'm a bit knowledgeable about German history because of my family background.

My litmus test for ex-SO executives and others is the question made famous during the Watergate era:

"What did you know and when did you know it?"

DM and Pat Broeker (and other members of the Int Exec team) promulgated a decades-long coverup by lying about 1.) LRH's final years, 2.) his health and demise, and of course, 3.) the missing upper OT levels (just to mention a few things off of a very long list) from 1986 going forward.

They had a chance to come clean about LRH in 1986 and clear the air. They chose not to.

Marty and Mike left in the mid-2000's and tried to distance themselves from this "tight conspiracy," thinking it would absolve them from all their sins perhaps. (I would say like Speer.) But I would simply ask both of them:

"What did you know and when did you know it?"

For me, the jury is still out on those two guys and a few others. I have my own suspicions about Marty and Mike's ongoing collusion for two decades. :whistling:

(I guess I'd need to put them on a meter to really find out.) :biggrin:

It's one thing to get tricked or conned, but then you find out the truth and you do the right thing and walk away. You don't forward the lie.

I left a high paying corporate job with perks and a penthouse office after giving a two week notice many years ago. I discovered criminal activities going on in the company. Financial fraud, in my opinion, if not positively actionable by the justice system.

I found out. I left. It wasn't easy, but I wasn't gonna have that blood on my hands. Many clients losing real money.

I found out about significant and unconscionable financial fraud in Scientology and I left within two months. Twenty years ago.

That's what you do.

4. ILove2Lurk

. . .
    [​IMG]

Debbie Cook Today *

*Sorry, I can't help myself from dragging out that image again. :biggrin:

Maybe I need professional help to stop the urge. :wink2:

Scientology has such unfair (and humorous) outcomes sometimes.

5. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

It's tricky......how do we decide about accountability issues when we know or suspect that someone may be guilty (sorry if that's a judgemental word) :) of crimes (ooops! there's another one) such as, immigration crimes, fraud crimes, violations of human rights, abuse of minors, - not just cover-ups of sexual abuse, but including food, work hours, education, etc,
    and abuse of adults, via RPF, work demands etc.......

Even if I ignore the recent post which alleges things about Debbie Cook, we all know these things are what life in the SO is like.

So how do we decide?
    Do we look at the info, and if it's a scientologist or ex-scio say "to hell with the law, I identify with him/her because I was in the cult" so THIS person gets a free pass, compared to say, someone who does the same things but has not been in the cult. A bubble for the inside and a bubble for the outside. Enough for a bubble bath. Wash everything in the bubble bath. Even wash the brain in the bubble path. Nice and clean!

6. scooter

scooter Gold Meritorious Patron

I'd love to see what Debbie herself has to say about this.

But, as she seems to be gagged by her agreement with the cult, I guess that day's not going to come soon.

My experience with her was 1987-89, before this went down. It's hard to reconcile my experiences with this, but I've seen enough folk turn into total a-holes within exec ranks to believe it is highly probable that Debbie did turn into a McSavage mini-me.:bigcry:

7. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

I think that (bolded) is one part of the 'issues" that people have about people who were in similar positions to her. Apart from the crime issues, and apart from the moral/ethical issues, or what anyone should or shouldn't have done, there is a more basic issue of what are they saying, are they saying ANYTHING? If it is about forgiveness (which it isn't for me, but it could be for someone directly affected) - if it is about forgiveness, or understanding, then just TALKING!! would probably go a long way to 'dealing with' it. Not talking is probably safer though if talking could lead to incrimination....and she did say she knows where the bodies are buried. To me it is not ethical to just shut up and not ask someone who makes that statement, to elaborate.

8. TKN

TKN New Member

Wow, yeah, I guess I'd sort of presumed much of that, but it's very different to hear it said by someone who observed it. Particularly the part about child molestation.

And, again, I want to reiterate, she lied under oath in a death/murder investigation. Lest my sympathies be seen as pollyanna, I sincerely hope that she is called under oath in any upcoming case and has to testify. About any of this written by the OCMB poster above (ESPECIALLY crimes against children and holding foreign nationals hostage), but also to correct her probably perjurous testimony from the Lisa McPherson case.

9. Lone Star

Lone Star Crusader

Absolutely. And another reason the American gov't needed to develop good PR on a "decent Nazi" was because NASA was being loaded up with Nazi scientists. The rocket development was headed by Nazi Werner von Braun. If it weren't for all the Nazi scientists then NASA would have had to wait much longer for the successes of the 1950s and 1960s. I doubt NASA would have sent anything to the Moon by the late 60s. Probably mid to late 70s without ol' Werner and Co.

10. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

If it's true and is proved that anyone was involved in the molestation (or any form of abuse) towards children, I'd be the first to say I hope they rot in hell but that they go there via the legal system not some silly culty "ethics" system.

:yes:

11. BunnySkull

BunnySkull Silver Meritorious Patron

I'm curious if a new poster who came here last month (trying to remember her name, her mom & step dad were SO and still are, she ran away from cult in late teens but was raised in SO environs.) She stated she was molested as a child at Flag in the early 90s and her molestation being uncovered led to an internal investigation at flag - where ppl were thrown into ethics for raping kids but no police or any real actions taken.

I bet she could shed some light on it - from the victims perspective.

12. Mick Wenlock

Mick Wenlock Admin Emeritus (retired)

60- 70 million a week? Surely annually?

13. ILove2Lurk

. . .
    http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?p=721052#p721052

From MirnaMinkoff on OCMB re: previously posted story and her source.

[STRIKE]Interesting detail confirmed.[/STRIKE]

Interesting unsubstantiated gossip added to the story. :whistling:

Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
  14. Mick Wenlock

Mick Wenlock Admin Emeritus (retired)

OK - are YOU confirming that this happened? What is your confirmation based on?

The reason I ask is that if *you* are not confirming it then it remains just what someone who wrote it says someone else did. An anonymous someone else. I am not saying it is true or untrue but at this point is is an apocryphal story.

That's not actually confirmation of anything

15. TG1

TG1 Angelic Poster

Actually, Debbie went to a number of places, including Guadeloupe (a Caribbean French island), Mexico, and the Bahamas before returning to the US.

Also, you said: "When the high profile sea org leave, and the church is paying out some serious cash, part of the settlement includes leaving the country for a period of time ...." This doesn't seem to be the rule at all (based on my observations). The cult has made cash settlements on other ex-SO who are US citizens (e.g., Terri Gamboa who moved to Las Vegas) who've stayed in the USA and never left "for a period of time."