ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Debbie Cook story on TVNZ 6pm News

Discussion in 'Debbie Cook' started by sallydannce, Mar 1, 2012.

1. sallydannce

sallydannce Gold Meritorious Patron

Well what a day it has been out here in the Pacific!

The day started with our very own Scooter on National Radio and just now many of my fellow Kiwis have seen Debbie Cook talking about the abuse in the cult.

Based on the American ABC story (http://abcnews.go.com/US/pr-crisis-scientology-abc-news-exclusive/story?id=15813613#.T08IcXlIu9Y), it was a short sharp punchy piece which left the viewer in no doubt there is something very very wrong within the world of scientology.

I can't find any links from TVNZ site to offer you at this stage - I will if they put something up on their site.

I just wanted to let you know that things are going very well out here in the Pacific and that the Cook story has gone viral!

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  2. NZRadio: Mainstream funding in NZ for Scientology?
    ^^^Pick your media player or download MP3

3. sallydannce

sallydannce Gold Meritorious Patron

TVNZ have put up a clip though it is slightly abbreviated because they don't show the TVNZ news presenter talking at the end of the clip.

http://tvnz.co.nz/world-news/scientology-church-leader-accused-abuse-video-4750945

Simon (the presenter) said at the end of the clip us Kiwis saw "The churches official statement says that Debbie Cook undertook duties (or some words like that) as religious discipline".

Simon restrains himself very professionally and doesn't roll his eyes.

I'm not sure if this vid clip is going to work off-shore for you guys.

4. Once bitten

Once bitten Patron Meritorious

Yeah, it was so good. He did manage a wee smirk though. He said, 'The church's statement was that Debbie Cook volunteered to undertake religious discipline'. It was EPIC!!!

:thumbsup:

5. Kutta

Kutta Silver Meritorious Patron

Yeah, I loved that bit. He said it with such palpable sarcasm and derision. It was obvious he didn't believe it for a minute and got that across loud and clear. :happydance::happydance:

6. Zhent

Zhent Leakus Maximus

Alas I can't get the video to work :(

7. Magoo

Magoo Gold Meritorious Patron

Please keep passing on Today/Tonight
    and A Current Affairs
    and now The ABC shows...to peeps and if possibly, other media.

This news is ****killing**** this insidious organization.
    It's time their serious abuses are in the spotlight, vs their celeb :bs:
    Sunshine Disinfects :omg:

:bighug: To you ALL

Tory/Magoo

8. Cherished

Cherished Silver Meritorious Patron

I love all the reports of the smirk. :)

9. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

I can't get it to work on my computer either. :ohmy:

10. damo

damo New Member

Ha, I saw that too. Simon Dallow did a masterful job of reporting the Church's statement whilst simultaneously mocking it.